Author Topic: FT - L'pool 3 v S'hpton 0 - OG Hoedt 10', Matip 21', Mo 45+3'  (Read 39279 times)

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: L'pool 3 v S'hpton 0 - OG Hoedt 10', Matip 21', Mo 45+3'
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2018, 06:54:34 pm »
Rubbish.

You don't have any mates :D :D :D

I think he meant "Send To All" to see if any responses were made.  ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2018, 06:54:50 pm »
I thought that was a superb performance from Shaqiri in the first half.   He made two assists.   I thought it was strange that Shaqiri was replaced prior to the second half.    Maybe it was a tactical decision, but we were already 3-0 up so maybe there was no need for that?

It was tactical, Klopp said as much - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QpwzvfHn0&feature=youtu.be.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
Re: FT - L'pool 3 v S'hpton 0 - OG Hoedt 10', Matip 21', Mo 45+3'
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2018, 07:11:29 pm »
Oh, thanks.

Glad to read that.. I thought maybe he was hurt from that tackle in the first half that resulted in a yellow card
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2018, 07:17:45 pm »
Re: the offside - saw it again. He's offside on Milner's original shot, then it looks to me like Firmino plays the ball through the legs of the Soton defender, which would make him offside again. But it's not clear. The linesman made the call, so he probably thought the same, from his point of view. I say it's a marginal call in real time. For all appearances, everything about the sequence puts Salah offside. The issue comes down to the opinion of the referee (or linesman in this case) as to who played the last ball. At first glance, it looks like Firmino. But even still, Salah gains the advantage by being close enough to get the deflection/whatever that was, from an offside position, which is the interpretation the lino/ref probably took:

A different linesman might not have flagged, but I don't think it's a clear-cut onside goal. It's not necessarily clear cut offside either. But in the real time run of play, everything about it from his positioning, his recovery, and his "gaining the advantage" at least justifies the offside call, even if a Video Review with a closer look, might have exonerated him (the key point for me seems to be about who plays the last ball, and from that distance, it's not that clear)

Surely he's not offside for Milner's shot (split second before your screenshot)? Because the reference point is the goal line and there are effectively two Southampton players there (effectively) level with Salah.

The rest just comes down to whether Firmino got any touch on the ball as part of it moving away from where he was standing. Personally in real time I thought I saw that it wasn't his touch, hence it's not offside. But can understand why you'd be arguing it was off if it was his touch, and agree it's not necessarily clear cut either way.

Disagree on a minor point with your last point about appearing to be 'gaining an advantage' - we established already from your LOTG quotes that he isn't interfering and gaining an advantage where he is off the pitch and behind any Southampton players in the vicinity. I don't think even Mark Hughes would argue that he was.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2018, 07:22:56 pm »
A nice and comfortable win.

Like the way the team is managing things at the moment. Doesn`t always have to be heavy metal football and we seem to have learned the value of taking the sting out of games, slowing the tempo down and keeping better possession of the ball.

The league table makes for good reading right now!

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2018, 07:23:35 pm »
well done redmen  :hally

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2018, 07:41:42 pm »
BBC have given MOTM to Shaqiri - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45530713.

Yeah, everyone's shout above is valid but me and my lad decided on the way home Shaqiri covered a tremendous amount of ground. It was so sweet to be 3-0 up at h/t. I had a couple of quid on 4-0 Milner last goal - imagine how I felt as he lined up his shot with moments to go  ;D

Cunting ref could have give us a pen for handball as well.

It's always been boss being a Red, but isn't being a Red really fucking boss?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2018, 07:43:42 pm »

The way we're doing things this season so far makes me think that Klopp has a very good plan for what he wants to see, we seem to be making far less mistakes with improvements in many different areas.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2018, 07:45:14 pm »
@JamesMilner
Proud to be part of this team 💪🏻🔴 #seveninarow #YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2018, 07:49:28 pm »
@JamesMilner
Proud to be part of this team 💪🏻🔴 #seveninarow #YNWA

Give that man the Freedom of the City.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:00 pm »
This almost feels like 80s Liverpool.  I'm almost starting to take these results for granted, and it really feels like we belong at the top of the table.

How may seasons did we have where we were just nipping at the heels of the pack leader?  Always chasing.  And those seasons where we were undeniably excellent there was always that one team that was just freakishly better?

Now it feels like we are that team.  I am scared to hope!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »
This almost feels like 80s Liverpool.  I'm almost starting to take these results for granted, and it really feels like we belong at the top of the table.

How may seasons did we have where we were just nipping at the heels of the pack leader?  Always chasing.  And those seasons where we were undeniably excellent there was always that one team that was just freakishly better?

Now it feels like we are that team.  I am scared to hope!

We were just giving everyone else a chance! ;D

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2018, 07:53:43 pm »
BBC have given MOTM to Shaqiri - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45530713.
Hard to argue with that - look forward to seeing him against Chelsea!

Offline Bagalali

• Boys Pen
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2018, 08:03:08 pm »
We started the season very well. The end of this road championship.  :wave

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #375 on: September 22, 2018, 08:04:18 pm »
Missed this but sounded like (and certainly the result says it) the kind of routine performance a top side should do at home.

We are becoming a very efficient unit. Extremely promising.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #376 on: September 22, 2018, 08:27:26 pm »
Above us only sky! Same next week and we are seriously in this. Btw only 8 ahead of Mancs 😂
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline kiwiscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2018, 08:36:26 pm »
We started the season very well. The end of this road championship.  :wave

we're not getting relegated mate...

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »
What a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on a saturday! LFC are magic - we know it, the club knows it and now the opposition know it. Cant wait for the next game.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: September 22, 2018, 08:39:24 pm »
I genuinely think Liverpool and Man City are the best 2 teams in world football at the moment. Such a shame they exist as we'd have the league wrapped up by March.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: September 22, 2018, 08:40:24 pm »
I genuinely think Liverpool and Man City are the best 2 teams in world football at the moment. Such a shame they exist as we'd have the league wrapped up by March.

Yeah, guess we'll have to wait until April! ;D

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: September 22, 2018, 08:41:27 pm »
Klopp -

"Joel Matip was spot on and the full backs had outstanding work rate and I liked what I saw. What i didn't like today was my fault."

What an amazing manager we have, blaming himself for any imperfections...

Compare that to that twat up the road from us, can't wait to stick the knife into anyone to make himself look better.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #382 on: September 22, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »
Great first half, could have had more.

Not sure why Klopp thought it was badly organised, but I guess the build up was slow and static at times, but we gave them nothing.
Shaqiri was excellent, but I think positionally it looked like he was frequently in the same spaces as other players, so maybe thats what he meant?
Second half felt a little less controlled to me until the last 10, but guess will watch it back and see.

Gomez was excellent when he came on, looked brilliant against PSG and again today so calm and controlled even without Virgil on the pitch.
Matip's header was really excellent, perfect place to put it, he had once poor moment early on but no harm done.
Glad Mo scored.

Next lets beat the plastics twice in a week with two different teams!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: September 22, 2018, 08:43:15 pm »
I thought we looked quite open in the first half.  A couple of run-of-the-mill passes across their midfield and they were playing their full-backs in behind our defence without much difficulty.  I think it was at 1-0 that Hojbjerg - he of the wonder goal on Monday - miskicked a great chance away from Bertrand's cut-back.

I don't remember any of that in the second half.  Possibly Hughes told his full-backs to stay back in damage limitation mode or maybe Milner coming on gave us that extra man covering the flanks.

3-0 though  8)

Has there been any news on Van Dijk?  Worst case is a cracked rib, best case is bruising?  Both can be played through with painkillers?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 22, 2018, 08:46:14 pm »
Has there been any news on Van Dijk?  Worst case is a cracked rib, best case is bruising?  Both can be played through with painkillers?

It's a bruised rib, he should be fine for next weekend, he was probably going to be rested for the league cup anyway.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2018, 08:50:50 pm »
It's a bruised rib, he should be fine for next weekend, he was probably going to be rested for the league cup anyway.
Good stuff. Agree about midweek - it always felt like this week was about Matip getting minutes alongside Van Dijk today and then Gomez in the week.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 22, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »
Like the way the team is managing things at the moment. Doesn`t always have to be heavy metal football and we seem to have learned the value of taking the sting out of games, slowing the tempo down and keeping better possession of the ball.

Absolutely, there is a massive improvement in that respect and hopefully in the long run we'll see the benefit of that. Was thinking exactly the same today

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:39 pm »
Amazing performance, and what's more it seemed like we won at a canter. They looked like they could have kept going for another 90 minutes. Compare that to how knackered they looked after pressing like madmen against Palace (which admittedly was a much tougher proposition) and you can see how much fitter they are after just a few more games, and more importantly how much more efficiently they are using their energy and controlling the game.

Also loving the fact that Shaqiri was an absolute belter, and that Matip was also on top form. Clearly the competition for positions is having a great effect, and it goes to show how much stronger we are in depth.

Couldn't be happier to be honest  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2018, 09:09:00 pm »
Great win reds, dominated in the first half and fine with a relatively uneventful second period. Good to see Matip do well in his proper return to the side, and Shaqiri was probably the best player in the time he done.

Boss 3 points now we have to look to take as many as we can from Chelsea and City
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:53 pm »
As I understand it, Klopp was trying something different and deploying Shaqiri in an unfamiliar role.  But the team hadn't really trained on it because the weather's been too bad.  Klopp didn't like the way it was going so pulled Shaqiri at h/t and reverted to something more familiar.

Now perhaps another team may have punished us for being a bit sloppy, but honestly if you're 3-0 by half time and your boss is scowling because he's not satisfied with his own choices then he has as high a bar for himself as he does for his team, which is very good for us.

Expect something similar in the League Cup, when hopefully the team has had a chance to train more with Klopp's idea.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2018, 09:22:56 pm »
Adoring the rotation by Klopp. Bringing in Milner at HT was one of those things that some managers might stubbornly resist, clinging to the need to give every starter a minimum of like 65 minutes or something stupid like that to keep the starters happy or whatever reason. But when the games start piling up there is no room for such indulgence.

And as many have said this is the dream squad. For decades our perpetually thin squad ground down by the Premier League/Uefa machine, time and again, as all the massive squads of Chelsea, City, United, Real, Barca, Juventus, Milan and Bayern over the years hoover up the titles domestically and in Europe. It's finally, finally our turn.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2018, 09:31:45 pm »
Weird game in looking at the stats and positioning.  We played well without really playing well, mainly in the second half where the game seemed more like a training session than an actual game as we had 1 shot on target the whole second half.  Hendo and Gini barely (any?) completed any passes to the front 3 and Shaquiri's average position was on top of Sadio?  Not really sure what to take away from it other than we're a better team and won the game deservedly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:35:32 pm by BrandoLFC »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2018, 09:38:01 pm »
We're going to romp the fucking league

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:34 pm »
What an amazing manager we have, blaming himself for any imperfections...

Compare that to that twat up the road from us, can't wait to stick the knife into anyone to make himself look better.
Spot on. Great isn’t it :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:36 pm »
Great controlling performance. We pretty much rested that second half.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2018, 09:48:58 pm »
Ive contended for some time that Matip is excellent and he was just playing hurt last year. Its a minority position but i dont see many better 4th choice cbs around the shop in Europe these days. He could be physically stronger perhaps but he has a lot of tools.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:17 pm »
Fair point but we need a trophy this season.

Why ?

We have a young squad of hugely talented players. All we need to do is to improve year on year. Klopp improves players, Klopp is fantastic in terms of recruitment. Keep improving and the trophies will take care of themselves.

This time next year Klopp will have improved our players and Klopp will have recruited again. Stop reacting to arbitrary targets set by our enemies and enjoy the ride.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2018, 09:59:16 pm »
BBC have given MOTM to Shaqiri

Had a hand (well foot) in all the goals, hard to argue with that.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2018, 10:08:14 pm »

We have a young squad of hugely talented players. All we need to do is to improve year on year. Klopp improves players, Klopp is fantastic in terms of recruitment. Keep improving and the trophies will take care of themselves.

Spot on! Need to get better... and better. Trophies will come if we keep the same direction and pace for the next few years! We're close..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2018, 10:20:19 pm »
Yeah, everyone's shout above is valid but me and my lad decided on the way home Shaqiri covered a tremendous amount of ground. It was so sweet to be 3-0 up at h/t. I had a couple of quid on 4-0 Milner last goal - imagine how I felt as he lined up his shot with moments to go  ;D

Cunting ref could have give us a pen for handball as well.

It's a brilliant time to be a Liverpool fan. Sure, we need to get our hands on some silverware for it to be truly brilliant, but the combination of manager, players (both talent and likeability) and staff/owners along with the football we are witnessing doesn't get much better than it is right now.

This team and manager really deserve a trophy. A nice big shiny one.