539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1472442 times)

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Brexit Pretty much living the Orwellian future in Airstrip One
« Reply #25640 on: September 3, 2019, 04:22:57 pm »
Another Tory joining the lib dems is it?

He'll feel right at home.

yawn
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25641 on: September 3, 2019, 04:23:16 pm »

Probably not. Lib Dems are resigning internal positions over his LGBT rights voting record. Closest match to core Lib Dem voters are Greens and Corbynistas on most issues. Probably helps fuel movement between the three as well as animosity over the big difference there.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2019, 04:39:31 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25642 on: September 3, 2019, 04:24:34 pm »
Hammond: "Can you please provide me with the proposals that we both know don't exist?".

I mean, fucking ouch.
Johnson is coming out of this really bad, it's just a question of people opening their eyes and seeing him for what he is. a selfish crap politician who doesn't give a s.. about them or their childrens future.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25643 on: September 3, 2019, 04:26:01 pm »
Hammond: "Can you please provide me with the proposals that we both know don't exist?".

:lmao
Please tell me Hammond said that and it's not your pithy précis.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #25644 on: September 3, 2019, 04:31:05 pm »

Totally Worthout Any Thought
« Last Edit: September 3, 2019, 05:09:54 pm by stevo7 »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25645 on: September 3, 2019, 04:31:32 pm »
Plaid Cymru MP puts it well. "your telling the EU to agree to some non-existent agreement or it's a no deal."
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25646 on: September 3, 2019, 04:32:12 pm »
Has he answered any of the questions put to him yet?
'I don't comment on blah blah blah....'

He doesn't answer to anyone but Cummings.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25647 on: September 3, 2019, 04:34:27 pm »
Today or ever?

Either way the answer is no.

In some ways reminds me of Trada... :wave

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25648 on: September 3, 2019, 04:37:00 pm »

Bit of luck we can get him kicked out at the next GE and get a proper Tory in power. after all it's a safe Tory seat.
@David__Osland

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25649 on: September 3, 2019, 04:39:29 pm »
How difficult would it be for one of these MPs to say Johnsons just Cummings poodle

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #25650 on: September 3, 2019, 04:40:18 pm »
Annoyingly I can't watch this as I'm at work, but from following on Twitter it sounds like this is a complete shitshow from Johnson, although sadly I'm not sure how much difference it makes to public opinion. Probably matters for how big the Tory rebellion will be though.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2019, 04:43:10 pm by filopastry »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25651 on: September 3, 2019, 04:41:18 pm »
He still thinks the way to deal with the EU is by dealing with the heads of state in individual member states.

That's totally wrong, you deal with the EU though its bureaucrats in Brussels, not with Macron in Paris, or Varadkar in Dublin, or Merkel in Berlin.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25652 on: September 3, 2019, 04:44:57 pm »
Have I missed something, Johnsons just told the house he's looking forward to Canada rolling over our trade deal. Canada has already refused to roll over our trade. this is just getting ridicules, hows he getting away with it.
@David__Osland

Offline XabisMission

• Main Stander
  • Member of the "Cult of Rafa"
« Reply #25653 on: September 3, 2019, 04:45:24 pm »
This is doing my head in. He is being allowed to lie and refuse to answer questions. And they call this democracy?
Hodgson just go, walk out the door, don't turn around now, coz you're not welcome anymore

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25654 on: September 3, 2019, 04:47:40 pm »
Isn't this meant to be the bit he was supposed to be good at?  Standing at the despatch box winning people over with his "optimism, charisma and enthusiasm".  Isn't that why they voted for him?

They'll be asking him to pop by the 1922 committee this evening if he keeps this performance up.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #25655 on: September 3, 2019, 04:49:02 pm »
Jennie Rigg, chair of the Lib Dems LGBT group, says on Twitter that she has sent an email to the membership resigning after the party accepted Phillip Lee as an MP.

Among her concerns is his support in 2014 for banning HIV-positive immigrants from Britain.

In a blogpost, Ms Rigg accused him of being a "homophobe, a xenophobe, and someone who thinks people should be barred from the country if they are ill".

The Tory stench follows far

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #25656 on: September 3, 2019, 04:50:16 pm »
Bozo's going to be in a stinker of a mood tonight. I hope Carrie's locked away the crockery.

[actually, perhaps a good idea to 'stay at a friend's'. Don't want another scene]
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25657 on: September 3, 2019, 04:51:08 pm »
Isn't this meant to be the bit he was supposed to be good at?  Standing at the despatch box winning people over with his "optimism, charisma and enthusiasm".  Isn't that why they voted for him?

They'll be asking him to pop by the 1922 committee this evening if he keeps this performance up.

@IanDunt
I say this genuinely and with full knowledge of how absurd it sounds: He's worse at this than Theresa May.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #25658 on: September 3, 2019, 04:53:24 pm »
Jennie Rigg, chair of the Lib Dems LGBT group, says on Twitter that she has sent an email to the membership resigning after the party accepted Phillip Lee as an MP.

Among her concerns is his support in 2014 for banning HIV-positive immigrants from Britain.

In a blogpost, Ms Rigg accused him of being a "homophobe, a xenophobe, and someone who thinks people should be barred from the country if they are ill".

Tim Farron's record on LGBT+ matters isn't great either like.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #25659 on: September 3, 2019, 04:55:10 pm »
Has he answered any of the questions put to him yet?

Who Corbyn ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #25660 on: September 3, 2019, 04:55:15 pm »
Institute for Government explainer on what's going to happen this evening: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/mps-plan-legislate-against-no-deal-brexit

Voting should be around 10pm. Fuzzier on when the debate will start but 6pm or later - depending on how long Bercow decides he wants Johnson to stay answering questions etc.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #25661 on: September 3, 2019, 04:55:46 pm »
Who Corbyn ?

Obviously not, so what's the point in posting that?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #25662 on: September 3, 2019, 04:56:30 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25663 on: September 3, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »
Bozo's going to be in a stinker of a mood tonight. I hope Carrie's locked away the crockery.

She'll be going all Carrie White on his ass if he keeps embarrassing himself (and therefore her) like this.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25664 on: September 3, 2019, 04:59:03 pm »

Yep, he looks sensible and sane, let's listen to him
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25665 on: September 3, 2019, 04:59:37 pm »
This is doing my head in. He is being allowed to lie and refuse to answer questions. And they call this democracy?
No, this is PMQs. It's more performance art.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #25667 on: September 3, 2019, 05:03:46 pm »

And good on Jennie Rigg for standing up for what she believes in, and highlighting being a Remainer or Anti-No Dealer doesn’t just absolve one of their previous sins.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25668 on: September 3, 2019, 05:05:13 pm »

I mean, fucking ouch.

I was due to hand an English essay in at school once and hadn’t done it so ‘accidentally ‘ handed a previous one in. I thought it was ingenious but the teacher saw through me in about two seconds. I tried to feign innocence and floundered horribly. That still feels like a better attempt at claiming I’d done something than Johnson has shown today.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25669 on: September 3, 2019, 05:05:56 pm »
Just finished work...

It’s been quiet day
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25670 on: September 3, 2019, 05:08:05 pm »
Worth noting that it would be insanity for labour to vote for an election right now..

No10 trying to kid MPs that Parliament would have ‘ample time’ if election occurred on 14th October.

Since 1979, it’s taken at least *21 days* (and usually more than 30) between Election Day occurring and first consideration of legislation.

We’d be out of time to stop no-deal
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #25671 on: September 3, 2019, 05:09:18 pm »
I was due to hand an English essay in at school once and hadn’t done it so ‘accidentally ‘ handed a previous one in. I thought it was ingenious but the teacher saw through me in about two seconds. I tried to feign innocence and floundered horribly. That still feels like a better attempt at claiming I’d done something than Johnson has shown today.
The lack of a public school education showed you up. You could have got your old man to remind the teacher of his lowly place in the grand scheme of things, and then waltzed into Oxford.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25672 on: September 3, 2019, 05:10:39 pm »
Good speech by Corbyn to be fair by his standards.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #25674 on: September 3, 2019, 05:15:50 pm »
Good speech by Corbyn to be fair by his standards.

Wasn't too bad, but look at the idiot he is up against.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25675 on: September 3, 2019, 05:17:55 pm »
Get these Tory c*nts the fuck out of here.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25676 on: September 3, 2019, 05:19:08 pm »
Did I just hear the "STOP BREXIT!!!!" bloke outside parliament then on the News?
 ;D

He must be there 24/7.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #25677 on: September 3, 2019, 05:20:17 pm »
Worth noting that it would be insanity for labour to vote for an election right now..

There is supposed to be a meeting at 6pm to disscuss a "change" to their Brexit position.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25678 on: September 3, 2019, 05:20:20 pm »
Who's Chris?

Probably his brief who got him off a nonce charge even though he admitted being naked with a 7 year old girl

Nonce was protesting outside court in defence of Rolf Harris during his trial as well

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25679 on: September 3, 2019, 05:24:27 pm »

Gone full buffalo bill too, excellent ‘tucking’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.