539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1465382 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #13880 on: February 13, 2019, 12:08:10 pm »
21st/22nd of March seems like when the EU and May will publicly announce they've agreed something about regular reviews of the backstop were it to come into force. Should be quite the last week of March.

I think its quite clear right now that the EU fully believe remain is no longer an option and that they would happily force us into the agreed withdrawal agreement.

Its going to be a hilarious week seeing MP’s crying about being forced into this decision.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brexit thread with Lefties, Tories, bloods, wastoids, Dweebs & dickheads.....?
« Reply #13881 on: February 13, 2019, 12:21:36 pm »
yes
Thought so, hoped to not see his shite on here, lump him along with your Newton-Dunns.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #13882 on: February 13, 2019, 12:42:41 pm »
Feels more and more like 1914 with each passing day......

I'm going with more of a Weimar Germany vibe, Remainers can be the enemies within, and the EU the external enemy that we need a strong government to stand up to.....

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #13883 on: February 13, 2019, 12:57:49 pm »
I'm going with more of a Weimar Germany vibe, Remainers can be the enemies within, and the EU the external enemy that we need a strong government to stand up to.....

'Can't wait' to see some of these printed.

"On November 1 1923 100 Billion Mark would buy 3 pounds of meat.
Bread is 3 Billion Mark a loaf.
On November 15 100 Billion Mark would buy 2 glasses of beer
Bread is 80 Billion Mark a loaf."

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:59:46 pm by stevo7 »

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13884 on: February 13, 2019, 01:28:26 pm »
There’ll be no riots.  The bbc has this piece today on the Spanish ex-pats, featuring an actual live ‘I didn’t think voting Leave would change anything for me’ voter.  No rancour, no bitterness at having her life wrecked - more like just an acceptance that that’s what the herd’s decided so we’ve go to get on with it haven’t we.

I don’t understand it.  It’s like the English are still peasants at heart, waiting for the Master to shift them round the estate as he sees fit.

Maybe she wasn't rancorous or bitter as it's finally sunk in that she has contributed to her own misery?

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #13885 on: February 13, 2019, 01:50:18 pm »
I'm getting more of a Jonestown Massacre vibe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13886 on: February 13, 2019, 01:50:44 pm »

But on the plus side the night life and art school scene will be amazing. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13887 on: February 13, 2019, 01:56:45 pm »
Maybe she wasn't rancorous or bitter as it's finally sunk in that she has contributed to her own misery?
Haha.  The mentality is so bewildering that I wonder if what’s actually happened is that Leave propaganda has been so successful in painting the EU as something we pay for, but get nothing real back from, that for people like her the Referendum question was basically something like: “Should you be paying Guy Verhofstadt’s wages?”

So now the outcome makes a kind of sense - Guy Verhofstadt is kicking us out to get his revenge - and it isn’t her fault at all.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #13888 on: February 13, 2019, 02:00:24 pm »
So the ERG want to go out with a no deal no surprise in that.

So as it looks like unless there is some sanity suddenly entering the House, we will leave without a deal or with a bad deal no other choices are available in my opinion.

There wont be a people's vote
There wont be a sudden new plan that May will accept instead of her own.
Labour are as divided as the Tories on this and the DUP have been bought off.

So we are going to hell in a handcart and are being told to embrace the trip.

The only fleeting moment that might stop or pause this is to extend Brexit,  but May has already ruled that out.

Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13889 on: February 13, 2019, 02:21:47 pm »
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1095662815908642821?s=21

Poor kid, has learnt a valuable lesson, if you do favours for selfish arseholes don’t expect them to come help you in your dark days when you are of no use to them

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13890 on: February 13, 2019, 02:27:48 pm »
Watched a brexit parliamentary committee earlier where Bertie Ahern give his opinions

Was very informative
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13891 on: February 13, 2019, 02:28:53 pm »
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1095662815908642821?s=21

Poor kid, has learnt a valuable lesson, if you do favours for selfish arseholes don’t expect them to come help you in your dark days when you are of no use to them
Knew what he was getting into, still thinks he was in the right, fucking meff.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13892 on: February 13, 2019, 02:38:25 pm »
Watched a brexit parliamentary committee earlier where Bertie Ahern give his opinions

Was very informative
Whenever I see him him I always think of that old one - Garret Fitzgerald couldn't tell a lie, Charles Haughey couldn't tell the truth, and Bertie Ahern couldn't tell the difference.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13893 on: February 13, 2019, 02:43:24 pm »
So the ERG want to go out with a no deal no surprise in that.

So as it looks like unless there is some sanity suddenly entering the House, we will leave without a deal or with a bad deal no other choices are available in my opinion.

There wont be a people's vote
There wont be a sudden new plan that May will accept instead of her own.
Labour are as divided as the Tories on this and the DUP have been bought off.

So we are going to hell in a handcart and are being told to embrace the trip.

The only fleeting moment that might stop or pause this is to extend Brexit,  but May has already ruled that out.

Fortunately, she has previous form for changing her mind lying on things like elections, so this would be a minor fib to her.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Online redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #13894 on: February 13, 2019, 03:32:41 pm »
So it begins already...

I work for a household goods manufacteurer who exports into continental Europe on a daily basis, we've been informed today by a major Dutch retailer that due to the massive uncertainty surrounding Brexit they have no alternative but to cancel all future orders with us, just in case of a no deal situation.

We've already produced the goods but they don't care. Wouldn't be surprised if our business is going to a German/Dutch/French rival as i write this.

A little amuse-bouche taste into the Henry VIII style banquet of shit we're about to get,

Doesn't matter though we will be able to strike our own trade deal with the Cook Islands and Ecuador in 4 years time, so bonus
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:55:51 pm by redan »

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13895 on: February 13, 2019, 03:41:42 pm »

We've already produced the goods but they don't care. Wouldn't be surprised if our business is going to a German/Dutch/French rival as i write this.

Just on this......your company was producing goods at risk?  doesn't sound too bright.

I would of thought contracts etc would be in place which, brexit or not, would have to be fulfilled.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #13896 on: February 13, 2019, 03:48:16 pm »
So it begins already...

I work for a household goods manufacteurer who exports into continental Europe on a daily basis, we've been informed today by a major Dutch retailer that due to the massive uncertainty surrounding Brexit they have no alternative but to cancel all future orders with us, just in case of a no deal situation.

A little amuse-bouche taste into the Henry XIII style banquet of shit we're about to get,

Doesn't matter though we will be able to strike our own trade deal with the Cook Islands and Ecuador in 4 years time, so bonus

We'll probably be up to Henry XIII by the time this mess is sorted out...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #13897 on: February 13, 2019, 03:54:29 pm »
Just on this......your company was producing goods at risk?  doesn't sound too bright.

I would of thought contracts etc would be in place which, brexit or not, would have to be fulfilled.

And you're right but they're forward orders for a line which has been on-going for 2/3 years. So they call off replen quantities every 6 weeks or so from our warehouse. We're now at the stage when 6 weeks from now the rules could completely change.

We've agreed a contract based on a price calculated on tariff free trade. That all goes out of the window now. It's in the hands of the Finance team now so what the final outcome will be is unclear but it just goes to show what is happening, even based on a relative small business like mine (Annual Turnover of £30m or so). Imagine what's going on behind the scenes at the big boys??
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:57:09 pm by redan »

Online redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #13898 on: February 13, 2019, 03:55:40 pm »
We'll probably be up to Henry XIII by the time this mess is sorted out...
I pride myself on my roman numerials knowledge as well!! ;D

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13899 on: February 13, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »
Ford warns no-deal Brexit would be 'catastrophic'

Ford has said a no-deal Brexit would be catastrophic for the firm's manufacturing operations in the UK and that it would do "whatever is necessary" to protect its business.

The comments come after a report the carmaker was stepping up preparations to move production out of the UK.

Ford declined to comment directly on The Times' report, but said it had long warned against a "hard Brexit".

The company is the latest carmaker to warn on the risks of a no-deal Brexit.

"Such a situation would be catastrophic for the UK auto industry and Ford's manufacturing operations in the country," the company said in a statement.

"We will take whatever action is necessary to preserve the competitiveness of our European business."

Ford employs 13,000 people in the UK at sites in Bridgend, Dagenham, Halewood and Dunton.

According to The Times' report, the firm told Prime Minister Theresa May on a telephone call with business leaders that it was preparing alternative sites abroad.

During the call Mrs May confirmed reports that the government was preparing a package of financial support for businesses affected by a no-deal Brexit but declined to elaborate, The Times said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47225787

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13900 on: February 13, 2019, 04:56:41 pm »
Labour split erupts over Brexit as Keir Starmer suggests general election plan no longer 'credible'

The Shadow Brexit Secretary said the party was now only pursuing two alternatives - a compromise deal based on proposals contained in a letter from Jeremy Corbyn to Theresa May last week, or a second referendum.

But he was slapped down by Jeremy Corbyn's office, which insisted pressing for an early election remained the party's "preferred option".

Under the policy agreed at Labour's conference, the party vowed to push for an election in the first instance, before pursuing other options, including a "public vote".

But on Radio Four's Today programme, Sir Keir said: "We said in September that if there wasn’t a general election then the option of a public vote had to be on the table.

"I have said in the last few weeks that in reality for the Labour party the only credible options now left are a close economic relationship - that’s the sort of relationship we spelt out in the letter to the Prime Minister last week - or a public vote."

When asked about the remarks, a spokesman for Mr Corbyn said: "The options are a general election, which remains our preferred option, some form of agreement along the lines Jeremy laid out in his letter to Theresa May, and failing that a public vote remains an option on the table.

“Keir agrees that a general election as laid out in our conference policy is our preferred option.”

Mr Corbyn wrote to Mrs May earlier this week to say Labour could back her on Brexit if she commits to a permanent customs union with the EU, among other demands.

Reports emerged on Monday that Sir Keir had fought for a line in the letter about backing a second EU referendum - but that his calls were ignored by the leader’s office.

Sir Keir refused to be drawn on the reports this morning. He told the Today programme: “I’m not going into the ins and outs of the drafting of the letter.”

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/101839/labour-split-erupts-over-brexit

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13901 on: February 13, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »
Ford warns no-deal Brexit would be 'catastrophic'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47225787
“The government has said the best way to provide certainty to industry is for MPs to back the prime minister's Brexit deal.”

Unbelievable.  I’d been consoling myself with the thought that the political landscape should look the same, whether No Deal is a real possibility or this is just brinksmanship - and that all the little details like the risible lack of ferry plans shows that it’s the latter.  But that’s not reckoning with the real-world effects, which are starting to happen now.  Where’s the point at which those outweigh the benefits of brinksmanship?  I have no idea.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13902 on: February 13, 2019, 05:10:13 pm »
Labour split erupts over Brexit as Keir Starmer suggests general election plan no longer 'credible'

The Shadow Brexit Secretary said the party was now only pursuing two alternatives - a compromise deal based on proposals contained in a letter from Jeremy Corbyn to Theresa May last week, or a second referendum.

But he was slapped down by Jeremy Corbyn's office, which insisted pressing for an early election remained the party's "preferred option".

Under the policy agreed at Labour's conference, the party vowed to push for an election in the first instance, before pursuing other options, including a "public vote".

But on Radio Four's Today programme, Sir Keir said: "We said in September that if there wasn’t a general election then the option of a public vote had to be on the table.

"I have said in the last few weeks that in reality for the Labour party the only credible options now left are a close economic relationship - that’s the sort of relationship we spelt out in the letter to the Prime Minister last week - or a public vote."

When asked about the remarks, a spokesman for Mr Corbyn said: "The options are a general election, which remains our preferred option, some form of agreement along the lines Jeremy laid out in his letter to Theresa May, and failing that a public vote remains an option on the table.

“Keir agrees that a general election as laid out in our conference policy is our preferred option.”

Mr Corbyn wrote to Mrs May earlier this week to say Labour could back her on Brexit if she commits to a permanent customs union with the EU, among other demands.

Reports emerged on Monday that Sir Keir had fought for a line in the letter about backing a second EU referendum - but that his calls were ignored by the leader’s office.

Sir Keir refused to be drawn on the reports this morning. He told the Today programme: “I’m not going into the ins and outs of the drafting of the letter.”

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/101839/labour-split-erupts-over-brexit

As I said in a post the other day, he must be very close to fucking the ‘leadership’ (sic) off.

Unlike some posters, I don’t see his stance as ‘lacking a spine’, rather one which wishes to preserve a semblance of Party unity. I think his patience  - and that of Tom Watson - is being sorely tested.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13903 on: February 13, 2019, 05:26:29 pm »
As I said in a post the other day, he must be very close to fucking the ‘leadership’ (sic) off.

Unlike some posters, I don’t see his stance as ‘lacking a spine’, rather one which wishes to preserve a semblance of Party unity. I think his patience  - and that of Tom Watson - is being sorely tested.

At the expense of giving credibility to a pro-Brexit leadership.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #13904 on: February 13, 2019, 05:29:17 pm »
At the expense of giving credibility to a pro-Brexit leadership.

Quite. I didn’t say I agreed with him - I don’t. I think he sees himself as the most senior voice in HQ of the true Remainers, without whom there would be none.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #13905 on: February 13, 2019, 07:32:34 pm »
Bank of America's Brexit bill hits $400m

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0213/1029338-bank-of-america-brexit-bill/

I'm sure no one will weep over their bill but
As part of its Brexit preparations Bank of America last year named Dublin as its new European banking headquarters and Paris as its European trading headquarters.

That has seen $50 billion in assets shifted to Dublin, with around 800 people set to be employed here. The bank's headcount in Paris is set to hit around 500.

Ms Finucane said some of those jobs have come at the expense of its London offices.
"They will diminish somewhat what we'll have in the UK," she said. "It's not pluses across the board, it means a reduction in the UK offices."
She also said that the move to Dublin was now set in stone and would not be reversed regardless of how Brexit ends.
"Dublin is our headquarters for our European bank now - full stop," she stated.

"Even if there were no Brexit, that has happened, there isn't a return there. The bridge has been pulled up on that," she added.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13906 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:44 pm »
Bank of America's Brexit bill hits $400m

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0213/1029338-bank-of-america-brexit-bill/

I'm sure no one will weep over their bill but

Yep, noone will weep over their bill.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13907 on: February 13, 2019, 07:44:24 pm »

Thing is all employees of the bank won't be fat cats will they?

I've relatives who work in banking and they earn just about the average wage and not a Porsche between them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13908 on: February 13, 2019, 07:49:11 pm »
Thing is all employees of the bank won't be fat cats will they?

I've relatives who work in banking and they earn just about the average wage and not a Porsche between them.

Do they have retail branches in the UK?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13909 on: February 13, 2019, 07:51:38 pm »

Hang on, when did ‘...an agreement along the lines of Jeremy’s letter to Theresa May...’ appear in the conference motion?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13910 on: February 13, 2019, 07:56:20 pm »
Looks like we can expect a mess a few weeks from now. And just to guarantee it, the company I work for have decided that we will upgrade our computer system a week after Brexit. What could go wrong?

Have to mention one thing I picked up recently. Yes, Brexit will hurt Britain but Germany will suffer too. Because the UK is a big market for their cars. So the EU really have reason not to like Brexit.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13911 on: February 13, 2019, 07:58:33 pm »
Looks like we can expect a mess a few weeks from now. And just to guarantee it, the company I work for have decided that we will upgrade our computer system a week after Brexit. What could go wrong?

Have to mention one thing I picked up recently. Yes, Brexit will hurt Britain but Germany will suffer too. Because the UK is a big market for their cars. So the EU really have reason not to like Brexit.

Everyone is going to suffer but the EU has to go in hard on Britain even if it affects their industries. Brexit cannot be allowed to be a success.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13912 on: February 13, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
It feels like we're on death row.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #13913 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:18 pm »

Anyone got the harmonica?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #13914 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:20 pm »

I know but it was the last line that was my main point

"Even if there were no Brexit, that has happened, there isn't a return there. The bridge has been pulled up on that," she added.

What else will be lost even if there is an agreed WA over the coming years of further uncertainty...

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13915 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:29 pm »
Everyone is going to suffer but the EU has to go in hard on Britain even if it affects their industries. Brexit cannot be allowed to be a success.

Agree. Because a good deal would soon see Italy and possibly others exit too. And that could kill the Euro, let alone EU.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13916 on: February 13, 2019, 08:10:00 pm »

You'll be OK. Not at first, but a few years from now I reckon you may be even stronger. When everyone has adapted.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13917 on: February 13, 2019, 08:13:39 pm »

We will still buy German cars, we will just have to pay more for them,the main thing is German car plants won't have problems with production, I don't think the biggest threat to the car industry is tariffs, it's being able to produce cars efficiently.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13918 on: February 13, 2019, 08:22:46 pm »
We will still buy German cars, we will just have to pay more for them,the main thing is German car plants won't have problems with production, I don't think the biggest threat to the car industry is tariffs, it's being able to produce cars efficiently.

I dont know how car dealers voted but the ones I have spoken to are absolutely distraught at Brexit. I mean, it could be a sales tactic as well though.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13919 on: February 13, 2019, 08:23:46 pm »
Chatting to a colleague in Newry who works in home heater manufacturing for a multinational
The accounts department, procurement department and design am moving across the border.
Things are starting to ramp up for no deal.