Author Topic: The Daniel Sturridge  (Read 294135 times)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Re: The Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #1360 on: January 9, 2019, 08:10:11 am »

I dunno, it seems that some are because every time we bring on a sub and he doesn't score he's shite. The same if one of the fringe players starts and doesn't score. Shaq  is probably meant to be the stand in front three man. Fekir I assume was for similar purposes.
I agree that we'll try and bring in that type of player and I also think Sturridge and Origi will make way if we do. But they've had a big positive impact on our league position also so the over the top whingefest about them jars a bit with me. Anyone rememember Voronin, Pongolle, Le tallac, Lambert etc etc etc.

Pongolle turned the Olymp game but Gerrard took the plaudits for scoring the winning goal.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: January 9, 2019, 08:43:09 am »
It's not a superstar bench player that people are hoping for, it would be a quality option that could play across the front and rotate with Salah, Mane and Firmino.

That's probably the last major piece of the puzzle for us now.

Could Harry Wilson be that player?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: January 9, 2019, 12:35:34 pm »
Thing is, could we have used him more? I am not sure yet whether options wise Klopp has the exact number of attackers he wants and how many minutes Sturridge has got is exactly how many minutes Klopp’s 5th best attacker would get.

If so, then you are struggling to find players as good as Sturridge willing to sit on the bench for as much as he has.

Is he really "that" good anymore?  Yes, he can come up with moment's of shear brilliance (Chelsea goal) but if he was as good as we all think he is wouldn't Klopp have played him more then he has this year? 

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1363 on: January 9, 2019, 12:42:57 pm »
Sturridge is useful.

But he would not start for many PL teams either would Origi.

Cardiff & Hudersfield probably not many more maybe Palace.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1364 on: January 9, 2019, 12:46:39 pm »
His attitude is all wrong, doesn't do enough and unfortunately never will anymore. Pity because he has the ability, like a reincarnation of Stan Collymore.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1365 on: January 9, 2019, 12:50:24 pm »

I don't think so.

I'm not saying it should necessarily be one particular player but I mean someone who has the profile and quality of someone like Werner.  I think we do need someone who Klopp is going to be prepared to use more than he has Sturridge and Origi - we've got Shaqiri who can play there too and hopefully Brewster will be fit and in the picture in pre-season, I'm not sure what will happen with Wilson.  But we're one quality option short IMO and that should be the priority in the summer.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: January 9, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
Thing is, could we have used him more? I am not sure yet whether options wise Klopp has the exact number of attackers he wants and how many minutes Sturridge has got is exactly how many minutes Klopp’s 5th best attacker would get.

If so, then you are struggling to find players as good as Sturridge willing to sit on the bench for as much as he has.

A stronger, more fit player, one suited to the way we play, would probably be used more than Sturridge though. If we had another Salah or Mane type player, he'd taken all of Sturridge+Origi's minutes and probably challenged Shaqiri and Mane for some time, as well as enable us to rest Salah a bit more (He's played 93% of all available minutes in the league).

Nothing looks like it will happen this window, but you'd expect the minutes that Origi and Sturridge are playing to be covered by one quality forward next season.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: January 9, 2019, 01:15:56 pm »
It's not an attitude thing. That is utter bollox. Sturridge wants the midfielders who play through balls for him to run onto or someone to run into the box for his to play through ball too. I think I read he had 12 touches all game. Some he wasn't given the ball. I suppose he could have run all over the ball like a fucking headless chicken searching for the ball but that isn't is game and that isn't where he excels.

I do agree though, next season Liverpool will be better served with a 4th quality forward option that Klopp can truly rotate (picking 3 from 4) but THIS season when Sturridge is on the ball then the team need to give him the ball in the box as that's where his strengths lie. 

As for Sturridge not caring, BULL FUCKING SHIT.

We have 17 more games left to play in the league. Unless all 17 games are plain sailing then we'll need Sturridge in the final minutes to make a difference, of that I have no doubt.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1368 on: January 9, 2019, 01:19:34 pm »

I'm not sure.

The way I view our attacking options, we started the season with Mane, Salah, Firmino, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi, Solanke. That feels about the right in terms of numbers, though in terms of quality and skill set beyond the from 4 then probably not ideal. For example Origi or Sturridge are not even close to like for like replacements for any of the other 4 options. That's good when it comes to Plan B. Not great when we just want to rotate but keep the same tactical framework and skill sets in place.

When next summer rolls around then you'd expect the 1st 4 to still be at the club but Sturridge and Origi to have joined Solanke in leaving the club. That opens up 3 potential spots. Rhian Brewster will take one of these spots.

Personally I think we need another quality addition so that we can genuinely rotate the front 4 a bit more. For me it has to be someone who can play across 2 positions of the attacking front 3/4 positions. Someone who can deputise for Mane, Salah or Firmino and we don;t need to change how we play significantly. Timo Werner is someone who fits that bill. Son at Spurs too (but likely not attainable). Not sure about others.

That addition would leave potentially one spot available. Probably as 6th or 7th attacking option. Maybe this is Harry Wilson's spot. That's the only conceivable way I see him getting a sniff next season. Would he be up for that? Or after a few seasons of regular football would he want guaranteed playing time?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: January 9, 2019, 01:55:18 pm »
I'm not sure.

The way I view our attacking options, we started the season with Mane, Salah, Firmino, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi, Solanke. That feels about the right in terms of numbers, though in terms of quality and skill set beyond the from 4 then probably not ideal. For example Origi or Sturridge are not even close to like for like replacements for any of the other 4 options. That's good when it comes to Plan B. Not great when we just want to rotate but keep the same tactical framework and skill sets in place.

When next summer rolls around then you'd expect the 1st 4 to still be at the club but Sturridge and Origi to have joined Solanke in leaving the club. That opens up 3 potential spots. Rhian Brewster will take one of these spots.

Personally I think we need another quality addition so that we can genuinely rotate the front 4 a bit more. For me it has to be someone who can play across 2 positions of the attacking front 3/4 positions. Someone who can deputise for Mane, Salah or Firmino and we don;t need to change how we play significantly. Timo Werner is someone who fits that bill. Son at Spurs too (but likely not attainable). Not sure about others.

That addition would leave potentially one spot available. Probably as 6th or 7th attacking option. Maybe this is Harry Wilson's spot. That's the only conceivable way I see him getting a sniff next season. Would he be up for that? Or after a few seasons of regular football would he want guaranteed playing time?

I don't consider Shaq front three option bar injuries.  So Sturridge and Origi move on in the summer. I expect us to buy someone who can provide genuine competition for the first choice front 3 meaning more regular rotation. Then you have Brewster. So this new 4th forward is effectively taking Sturridge and Origi's place in the pecking order with Brewster becoming the impact sub.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: January 9, 2019, 02:04:36 pm »
I'd be going after Felipe Anderson, would fit us brilliantly and is far from his peak, can get better under Klopp, has the right skillset for the front three and fits our Brazilian status quo :D

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #1371 on: January 9, 2019, 02:21:10 pm »
To be fair that was a disjointed side as well. Sturridge looked much better when Salah and Firmino came on.
Interesting opinion considering Sturridge came off when Salah and Firmino came on, or do you really mean he looks better on the bench?
I could see that argument, too.

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #1372 on: January 9, 2019, 02:29:05 pm »
Sturridge is useful.

But he would not start for many PL teams either would Origi.

Cardiff & Hudersfield probably not many more maybe Palace.
Sturridge would be completely useless for either team. If he had to play as lone striker and fight for long ball scraps against 2 CBs, he might not get a touch other than kick-offs. He can still thrive when we are attacking and dominating possession in the final third, so that he can receive passes to feet around the box. The teams on the level where he should be a regular starter are not able to play like that. Monday showed how helpless he looks when the team is struggling to progress past the halfway line. Shame, the best outcome would be for him to kiss the league trophy and ride off in the summer to a slower and softer league where his exceptional skills could still shine.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 02:31:55 pm by BigJimFinn »

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: January 9, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »
Sturridge would be completely useless for either team. If he had to play as lone striker and fight for long ball scraps against 2 CBs, he might not get a touch other than kick-offs. He can still thrive when we are attacking and dominating possession in the final third, so that he can receive passes to feet around the box. The teams on the level where he should be a regular starter are not able to play like that. Monday showed how helpless he looks when the team is struggling to progress past the halfway line. Shame, the best outcome would be for him to kiss the league trophy and ride off in the summer to a slower and softer league where his exceptional skills could still shine.

Sturridge will definitely be used as an impact sub till the end of the season.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1374 on: January 9, 2019, 02:54:19 pm »
That goal against Chelsea says your wrong!

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #1375 on: January 9, 2019, 03:00:36 pm »
I'd be going after Felipe Anderson, would fit us brilliantly and is far from his peak, can get better under Klopp, has the right skillset for the front three and fits our Brazilian status quo :D
Felipe would definitely want to come but he is a record signing for West Ham (mid 30 million). So, he wont be here on cost factor alone (West Ham wont sell for less than 50m).

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1376 on: January 9, 2019, 03:03:04 pm »
Felipe would definitely want to come but he is a record signing for West Ham (mid 30 million). So, he wont be here on cost factor alone (West Ham wont sell for less than 50m).

In the current market, they'd want a lot more than that.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1377 on: January 9, 2019, 03:08:17 pm »
His attitude is all wrong, doesn't do enough and unfortunately never will anymore. Pity because he has the ability, like a reincarnation of Stan Collymore.

I don't think his attitude is an issue, it's more his ability to do everything that we need and expect our attacking players to do.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1378 on: January 9, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »
I see the Sturridge is shit opinion has rolled back..

He was used in the FA cup for the same reason a lot of the other players were, to save the legs of the rest of the team.

His value to us is when we are searching for a goal and we have our proper team on the pitch. The game is tight and/or we are missing too many chances in the last 3rd on the day. He still solves those problems imo and it didn't surprise me he wasn't as good the other night given the circumstances (a lot of other players struggled too as we all know).

He's now a striker that needs service. He can create an opportunity when he has the ball at his feet in the final 3rd and that hasn't changed since 13/14 and he lost the pace he used to have. I don't know what people are expecting from him....he doesn't have the attributes of the first choice front 3 and he won't get that back. We do need someone of that ilk but Klopp is deciding not to dip into the market as far as we know so we have what we have but that's not Sturridge's fault
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: January 9, 2019, 03:45:09 pm »

And he'd be worth it considering Richarlson was 50 million and Siggurdson was 45.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1380 on: January 9, 2019, 03:46:51 pm »

I think that ship might have sailed. Given that WHU paid ~£35M last summer and he's been a great success, I think the figures they'd be looking at would be prohibitive for us. We aren't going to pay 50-70M for someone who is not going to be 1st choice. I suspect we'll be looking at 30-40M for a back up to the current front 3.

He'd also be 26 by the start of next season -  so maybe at his peak rather than 'far from it'. That's not old but I think we might look for someone slightly younger.

On Sturridge, I don't think he's not trying or not arsed. He just hasn't got the physical attributes to do the things required in our system. Its why I think he generally struggles when he starts but can be a good impact sub. Firstly, you are asking him to concentrate efforts into a 20-30 minute period. Secondly, he comes into the game when the pace has slowed and pockets of space become available for him to play in. It's why he's a good impact sub but not necessarily a good rotational option for the front 3.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #1381 on: January 9, 2019, 03:56:18 pm »
And he'd be worth it considering Richarlson was 50 million and Siggurdson was 45.
I agree he would be worth it at 50m but as mentioned above, 50 is not where we get him (just a sort of floor) and dont think we pay around 60-65m to get him. No idea how the comparison, quality wise would be with say Timo Werner since I know little about Timo who is also quoted high in terms of price.

Anyway, more relevant to topic, Sturridge I thought would have been trying hard given where he is in terms of his contract. If not with us, surely he can get a nice pay day elsewhere if he leaves on a free and with limited opportunities, surely he would be giving max plus. Which would suggest to me that a lot of the posters above might have a point when they say he is better off as an impact sub surrounded by good players rather than trying to rally troops around him for the full 90.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: January 9, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »
That goal against Chelsea says your wrong!

Take away Sturridge and Origi's goals that, let's fact it, came from absolutely nothing, and City are 1 point behind.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: January 9, 2019, 05:29:30 pm »
I see the Sturridge is shit opinion has rolled back..

He was used in the FA cup for the same reason a lot of the other players were, to save the legs of the rest of the team.

His value to us is when we are searching for a goal and we have our proper team on the pitch. The game is tight and/or we are missing too many chances in the last 3rd on the day. He still solves those problems imo and it didn't surprise me he wasn't as good the other night given the circumstances (a lot of other players struggled too as we all know).

He's now a striker that needs service. He can create an opportunity when he has the ball at his feet in the final 3rd and that hasn't changed since 13/14 and he lost the pace he used to have. I don't know what people are expecting from him....he doesn't have the attributes of the first choice front 3 and he won't get that back. We do need someone of that ilk but Klopp is deciding not to dip into the market as far as we know so we have what we have but that's not Sturridge's fault

It's annoying that some people are expecting Sturridge to do things he has never done. I don't remember a time when Sturridge ever chased down lost causes.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1384 on: January 9, 2019, 06:03:45 pm »
It's annoying that some people are expecting Sturridge to do things he has never done. I don't remember a time when Sturridge ever chased down lost causes.

I guess one problem with Monday's match was we didn't really set up to take into account Sturridge's (or Origi's) attributes. If Sturridge still had his pace and more stamina he would've had a chance to adapt to our style.

Hope he can regain some of the sharpness he showed earlier in the season, he will still be able to make a decent contribution for the rest of the season if he does.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: January 9, 2019, 06:26:25 pm »
I guess one problem with Monday's match was we didn't really set up to take into account Sturridge's (or Origi's) attributes. If Sturridge still had his pace and more stamina he would've had a chance to adapt to our style.

Hope he can regain some of the sharpness he showed earlier in the season, he will still be able to make a decent contribution for the rest of the season if he does.

Agree mate. The team just wasn't suited to Daniel's current abilities so he looked fu*king awful, and those who doubt his attitude are talking crap. He and Divok ended up playing in midfield or even looking for the ball nearer our penalty area that Wolves'. He has lost a yard but his talent remains, play him with the proper first team and he will score goals.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1386 on: January 9, 2019, 07:20:17 pm »
Agree mate. The team just wasn't suited to Daniel's current abilities so he looked fu*king awful, and those who doubt his attitude are talking crap. He and Divok ended up playing in midfield or even looking for the ball nearer our penalty area that Wolves'. He has lost a yard but his talent remains, play him with the proper first team and he will score goals.

Throughout his career it has always been his attitude that has been questioned though. Even when he was in his pomp and had great pace and technical ability there were always huge question marks over both his temperament and desire.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: January 9, 2019, 07:36:11 pm »
Throughout his career it has always been his attitude that has been questioned though. Even when he was in his pomp and had great pace and technical ability there were always huge question marks over both his temperament and desire.

I think its a symptom of his approach to the game plays with a focused look on his face, just look at the experts popping up every time Salah isn't grinning from ear to ear, all of a sudden he's unhappy, there's an issue and he definitely wants out.

Sturridge is one of those who seems to be fun and games at the right times but saves his serious focused times for match day, watch any behind the scenes video from the club and he's definitely one of the club jokers, the hip hop quiz and carpool videos being prime examples but watch him on the bench or warming up and its a completely different person. The guy has never had any sort of attitude problem from what i've seen, the main times its been levelled at him as a criticism that i remember

Left City in search of game time - Can anyone really blame him? All those years ago and yet you look at City today and young lads are still leaving there to actually get to play

Stated he feels his best position is through the centre when being played wide often for chelsea - Again, can he be blamed? Ask any player who isn't playing in their most effective position and you'll likely either get 'i'm just happy to help the team' or 'i feel i play best in this certain position but am happy to play in others'.

Serious look on his face on our bench - Again, he does it every single game, its not an attitude thing, he's not moody he didn't start, he does it when he's on the pitch as well, even when he was one of the first names on the teamsheet he still played with the intense focused facial expression.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: January 9, 2019, 07:40:46 pm »

If Klopp doesn't doubt it then that's fine with me. Klopp sets great store by a player's character, he'd be out the door by now if Klopp didn't trust him. Given his terrible injury history the fact that he is still here tells us something about how Klopp thinks of him.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: January 9, 2019, 08:43:25 pm »
"Who doubts Daniel Sturridge when he is fit?" - Jurgen Klopp
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1390 on: January 9, 2019, 09:33:16 pm »
"Who doubts Daniel Sturridge when he is fit?" - Jurgen Klopp

After this one, Jurgen Klopp probably.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: January 9, 2019, 10:55:32 pm »
Should honestly go to Newcastle. Would be a shoo-in to play every game, and he'd do well under Rafa I think. They couldn't afford him and he probably won't wanna go to a team that could be relegated though.

Whatever the case may be, I think his time at LFC is done. At best he'll make the odd cameo appearance and maybe even pop up to score the odd goal. I just can't see him displacing anyone in the team unless there are significant injuries.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1392 on: January 9, 2019, 11:03:30 pm »
If he wants to prolong his career then his next move has to be out of the EPL.

Shouts for Newcastle or any other club are ludicrous bearing in mind he runs even less than the likes of Joselu.  ???

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1393 on: January 9, 2019, 11:23:25 pm »
If he wants to prolong his career then his next move has to be out of the EPL.

Shouts for Newcastle or any other club are ludicrous bearing in mind he runs even less than the likes of Joselu???

But he's a far better finisher.

Not every club plays the way we do, if he wants to stay in the PL he wouldn't be short of offers.  It won't happen, and their supporters will no doubt argue otherwise, but a club like Everton is crying out for someone like Sturridge, a smart and clinical striker.  Palace are desperate for a striker, Sturridge on a free transfer would be perfect for them, although Hodgson would probably ruin him again like he did with England.  Newcastle are a disaster of a club at the moment but they need a striker like Sturridge.

He might fancy a move abroad in the summer, but he's still got a lot to offer to some PL clubs where the demands that would be made of him are different to what Liverpool are looking for.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: January 9, 2019, 11:31:37 pm »
But he's a far better finisher.

Not every club plays the way we do, if he wants to stay in the PL he wouldn't be short of offers.  It won't happen, and their supporters will no doubt argue otherwise, but a club like Everton is crying out for someone like Sturridge, a smart and clinical striker.  Palace are desperate for a striker, Sturridge on a free transfer would be perfect for them, although Hodgson would probably ruin him again like he did with England.  Newcastle are a disaster of a club at the moment but they need a striker like Sturridge.

He might fancy a move abroad in the summer, but he's still got a lot to offer to some PL clubs where the demands that would be made of him are different to what Liverpool are looking for.

And the dilemma being he would have to start each game and probably last the 90 mins.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1395 on: January 9, 2019, 11:37:17 pm »
And the dilemma being he would have to start each game and probably last the 90 mins.

He wouldn't though.

Unless he's the only striker at whatever club he might sign for. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1396 on: January 9, 2019, 11:38:30 pm »

Based on?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: January 9, 2019, 11:39:59 pm »
He wouldn't though.

Unless he's the only striker at whatever club he might sign for.

If the signing club are signing him for goals then he will be starting every game as the incumbent is useless.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1398 on: January 9, 2019, 11:48:46 pm »
If the signing club are signing him for goals then he will be starting every game as the incumbent is useless.

That doesn't make any sense.

Everton's options are useless admittedly, but a manager like Rafa would love having two different options like Sturridge and Rondon to call on at Newcastle. 

If we look to sign an attacker in the summer, we'd expect goals from them - it wouldn't mean the options we already have are useless, we'd just want more quality options.  That's what Sturridge could be for some clubs in the PL, a quality option.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:24 am »
That doesn't make any sense.

Everton's options are useless admittedly, but a manager like Rafa would love having two different options like Sturridge and Rondon to call on at Newcastle. 

If we look to sign an attacker in the summer, we'd expect goals from them - it wouldn't mean the options we already have are useless, we'd just want more quality options.  That's what Sturridge could be for some clubs in the PL, a quality option.

Us signing a striker and Newcastle is completely different, most teams usually have a striker delivering the goals.
Newcastle are getting a meagre return from Rondon hence why Sturridge would be needed as a starter.