Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2142790 times)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17000 on: May 7, 2021, 11:11:14 am »
And clearly in the opinion of the club, the supporters who fall into the general sales and SOS who seem to have sided with the club on this?

There's a difference between agreeing with business decisions and understanding that they need to be made.

I have said several times I personally think it should have been 13 from 2018/19 OR 13 from 2019/20 and thats the line I believe should be drawn. I don't agree with you opening it up to more than that, no.

And the opinion of the club was also to join the ESL, furlough staff and get supporters to pay £77 per ticket. It doesn’t make it right, does it?

The club have ultimately taken advantage of a pandemic to allow more tickets to go to general sale/hospitality/day trippers. Screwing the loyalty of fans in the process. They don’t matter.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17001 on: May 7, 2021, 11:15:32 am »
And the opinion of the club was also to join the ESL, furlough staff and get supporters to pay £77 per ticket. It doesn’t make it right, does it?

The club have ultimately taken advantage of a pandemic to allow more tickets to go to general sale/hospitality/day trippers. Screwing the loyalty of fans in the process. They don’t matter.

It's easy to paint the fan base into the loyal fans and "day trippers" isn't it?

The reality is massively different. I've not seen demand like this in my match going life.

Late availability used to be relatively easy if your weren't that bothered where you sat. In the last few years it's almost made me throw my laptop at the wall.

Just because someone might be on less tickets than you, they aren't a day tripper one season wonder.

God forbid some of them were going when it was crap under Souness

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #17002 on: May 7, 2021, 11:18:20 am »

It doesn't, but like I said.. Understanding why they made those decisions is different to agreeing with them

And I made my points on ESL, furlough and £77 tickets... as well as saying it should be 13+ from either season

Don't know what else you want from me now ;D

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17003 on: May 7, 2021, 11:18:38 am »
It's easy to paint the fan base into the loyal fans and "day trippers" isn't it?

The reality is massively different. I've not seen demand like this in my match going life.

Late availability used to be relatively easy if your weren't that bothered where you sat. In the last few years it's almost made me throw my laptop at the wall.

Just because someone might be on less tickets than you, they aren't a day tripper one season wonder.

God forbid some of them were going when it was crap under Souness

Which is why I didn’t just mention day trippers. You will have a mixture of all. But ultimately, people that went through the pain of getting tickets have been deemed not worthy enough as people who did the exact same a year before.

Equality? I think not.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17004 on: May 7, 2021, 11:21:53 am »
It doesn't, but like I said.. Understanding why they made those decisions is different to agreeing with them

And I made my points on ESL, furlough and £77 tickets... as well as saying it should be 13+ from either season

Don't know what else you want from me now ;D

Honestly, I don’t want anything else from you and I never did in the nicest way possible.

You’re in the privileged position of having 19/19 credits, so your self-interest is automatically served.

I have not and will not change my opinion that it’s an absolute disgrace that fans last season aren’t treated the same as fans of seasons gone by.

And that’s that really :)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17005 on: May 7, 2021, 11:24:52 am »
Honestly, I don’t want anything else from you and I never did in the nicest way possible.

You’re in the privileged position of having 19/19 credits, so your self-interest is automatically served.

I have not and will not change my opinion that it’s an absolute disgrace that fans last season aren’t treated the same as fans of seasons gone by.

And that’s that really :)

I completely agree on both of those bits! I just understand why the club has made a decision like that... I think its the wrong place to draw the line too - maybe we disagree on the new lines location

Doesn't make any difference to me if there's more on 13+ other than maybe it'll be easier to get KOP seats

Most I go the game with only made the jump last year so its fucked me in that way of not having as many people to go with

Offline Jon_YNWA82

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17006 on: May 7, 2021, 12:56:54 pm »
Has there been any announcements today from club on this?

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #17007 on: May 7, 2021, 01:10:12 pm »
Not yet. Also, the live chat is closed at the moment (says they aren't open), even though it says the TO is open until 4pm. Has the live chat been closed for a while or is it because of the number of people making complaints?

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17008 on: May 7, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »
Not yet. Also, the live chat is closed at the moment (says they aren't open), even though it says the TO is open until 4pm. Has the live chat been closed for a while or is it because of the number of people making complaints?

Hope it’s the latter.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17009 on: May 7, 2021, 01:24:25 pm »
What's the odds on a 4.55pm announcement before they close till Monday :D

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17010 on: May 7, 2021, 01:27:14 pm »

It's definitely because of the backlash.

Which is a good thing

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17011 on: May 7, 2021, 01:29:37 pm »
It's definitely because of the backlash.

Which is a good thing

its not down....

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17012 on: May 7, 2021, 01:30:03 pm »
What's the odds on a 4.55pm announcement before they close till Monday :D

There is no announcement planned.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17013 on: May 7, 2021, 01:33:23 pm »
There is no announcement planned.

"The club are set to make a further announcement on this tomorrow"

SoS to all the people who emailed in after a certain time yesterday once they'd spoke to the club

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17014 on: May 7, 2021, 01:35:59 pm »
"The club are set to make a further announcement on this tomorrow"

SoS to all the people who emailed in after a certain time yesterday once they'd spoke to the club

They misinterpreted things, there is no announcement planned.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17015 on: May 7, 2021, 01:36:34 pm »
I'm trying to add my dad to my F&F. He used to have an membership ID back from the PTS days but hasn't used it for a few years, however I still have his ID number.

When I try to reset the password for him, the reset email doesn't seem to get sent but at the same time, I can't create a new account for him as his name is still on the system, albeit from many years ago.

Any suggestions?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17016 on: May 7, 2021, 01:37:07 pm »
They misinterpreted things, there is no announcement planned.

Do you want to tell us how you appear to know so much about things?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17017 on: May 7, 2021, 01:37:12 pm »
Has anyone actually heard back off the club? Must be 100+ who emailed in

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17018 on: May 7, 2021, 01:39:46 pm »

They are probably preparing a stock response to copy and paste to all

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17019 on: May 7, 2021, 01:39:51 pm »
Do you want to tell us how you appear to know so much about things?

I don't, I just know a journo who knows people, sometimes they are right on things sometimes they aren't

On this they are 100% no further announcement
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 01:41:37 pm by sonofkenny »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17020 on: May 7, 2021, 01:41:20 pm »
I don't, I just know a journo who knows people, sometimes they are right on things sometimes they aren't

Fair enough. So there could still be an announcement.

Although what that announcement could be I don't know, they've either changed their mind, or if not, what can they say that hasn't already been said?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17021 on: May 7, 2021, 01:42:23 pm »

Although what that announcement could be I don't know, they've either changed their mind, or if not, what can they say that hasn't already been said?
[/b]

Justify why to people, give numbers etc

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17022 on: May 7, 2021, 01:43:06 pm »

There won't be.  I just know they aren't going to back down, they have looked at every option and whilst the sympathise they feel they are stuck in between a rock and hard place.

The ONLY crumb of hope is that IF they can help in some way after the other sales etc. I think they will.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17023 on: May 7, 2021, 01:44:19 pm »

Not heard anything back yet. Also not heard anything back from SOS either. Maybe they are waiting for the club to do their announcement first

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17024 on: May 7, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »
Literally just had a response from the club. They are refusing to confirm the number of affected members (which we've been told on here is 300). Probably means any further announcement won't include further details on numbers etc.

No indication of them trying to help the affected members with any sort of compromise.

Thank you for your email regarding the Club’s ticketing update announcement. Unfortunately we will be unable to provide you with the number of supporters affected.
The Club consulted with supporters on a number of options for allocating tickets for the new season.   

As you’re aware, the end of the 2019/20 season and this season have been severely disrupted by the pandemic. This means that we have faced issues such as the cancellation of tickets for games that had to move to behind closed doors, and the cancellation of ticket sales. This has led to significant complexity when considering how now best to allocate tickets and every option available to us would have resulted in some fans being disappointed with the outcome. 

We discussed the options in detail with supporters in a number of ticketing fan forums and all options were considered as part of the consultation process. Our aim was to identify a solution that impacted the least number of supporters.  

After careful analysis and discussion of the data it was agreed that we should use the 2018/19 season as it was the last Premier League season that was completed with fans in attendance. This was considered by the Club and the fan forums to be the fairest option in the circumstances for the 2021/22 season. The Club therefore made the decision to proceed with this option. Other options considered would have impacted three or more times the amount of supporters. 

We are sorry that we couldn’t satisfy everyone as we know that so many fans are keen to get back into the stadium and support the team as soon as possible.  We hope that these unprecedented times that have impacted all our fans will never be repeated and that we can revert to a more normal approach again as soon as possible. 

The Club will continue to operate a game by game late availability sale that will be open to members to purchase tickets on a first come first serve basis. 

Thank you for your continued support.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17025 on: May 7, 2021, 01:51:09 pm »
Literally just had a response from the club. They are refusing to confirm the number of affected members (which we've been told on here is 300). Probably means any further announcement won't include further details on numbers etc.

No indication of them trying to help the affected members with any sort of compromise.

they won't back down on this, they feel like they can't, whichever way they do this there will be people affected

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17026 on: May 7, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »
[/b]

Justify why to people, give numbers etc

I think they will struggle to justify null and voiding a season, but they can try. They will struggle because they have sacrificed the people who actually went to 13 games simply because the people who didn't go to 13+ game far outnumber those who did and so this way they have less complaints to deal with.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17027 on: May 7, 2021, 01:53:06 pm »
There won't be.  I just know they aren't going to back down, they have looked at every option and whilst the sympathise they feel they are stuck in between a rock and hard place.

The ONLY crumb of hope is that IF they can help in some way after the other sales etc. I think they will.

Let's hope they come up with something. Because what they have done is unacceptable.

Give the 300 priority fo returns or something like that.

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17028 on: May 7, 2021, 01:55:29 pm »
This was considered by the Club and the fan forums to be the fairest option in the circumstances for the 2021/22 season

This bit annoyed me - complete bullshit! It's not the fairest option...it was the easiest option for them so they don't have to deal with too many complaints

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17029 on: May 7, 2021, 01:55:51 pm »
Let's hope they come up with something. Because what they have done is unacceptable.

Give the 300 priority fo returns or something like that.

You can look at this however you want, someone was going to get stung on this and unfortunately it is you this time.  they have finite number of seats and have to ration accordingly like I said they feel like they in rock and a hard place situation.

they consulted and this agreed as the best course of action in a very difficult situation.

I am sure IF they can help, they will.

that is what I have been told.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17030 on: May 7, 2021, 01:56:13 pm »
This bit annoyed me - complete bullshit! It's not the fairest option...it's the easiest option.

Exactly.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17031 on: May 7, 2021, 01:56:26 pm »
This bit annoyed me - complete bullshit! It's not the fairest option...it's the easiest option.

I don't think any of the options they had were "easy"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17032 on: May 7, 2021, 01:57:12 pm »
This bit annoyed me - complete bullshit! It's not the fairest option...it was the easiest option for them so they don't have to deal with too many complaints

Only to you. What if they considered all the options and the one they agreed on was the option the affected the least people?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17033 on: May 7, 2021, 01:58:01 pm »
Only to you. What if they considered all the options and the one they agreed on was the option the affected the least people?

That is what they did

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #17034 on: May 7, 2021, 01:58:29 pm »
"After careful analysis and discussion of the data it was agreed that we should use the 2018/19 season as it was the last Premier League season that was completed with fans in attendance. This was considered by the Club and the fan forums to be the fairest option in the circumstances for the 2021/22 season. The Club therefore made the decision to proceed with this option. Other options considered would have impacted three or more times the amount of supporters."

This is just a lie- they have reduced the number of supporters in the guaranteed group- impacting all of those who weren't on 13+ in 18/19. How is the alternative of giving some of those 1000 odd seats vacated to the supporters who attended 13+ in 19/20 worse or not viable?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17035 on: May 7, 2021, 01:58:36 pm »
You can look at this however you want, someone was going to get stung on this and unfortunately it is you this time.  they have finite number of seats and have to ration accordingly like I said they feel like they in rock and a hard place situation.

they consulted and this agreed as the best course of action in a very difficult situation.

I am sure IF they can help, they will.

that is what I have been told.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the 'someone was always going to get hurt' line.

The other people who 'might have been hurt' are the people who didn't have tickets.

Yes, there are more people in the 'didn't have tickets but could have done' category, but it's far easier to justify to them that the pandemic has fucked them over, than it is to justify to the people that actually attended the football matches that the pandemic (and the club's fucking laziness) has fucked them over.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17036 on: May 7, 2021, 01:59:16 pm »

Affected the least people doesn't mean it was the fairest option.

As this blatantly shows.

Offline Samio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17037 on: May 7, 2021, 02:00:36 pm »
Null and void a 15 game season. Absolutely disgraceful.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17038 on: May 7, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with the 'someone was always going to get hurt' line.

The other people who 'might have been hurt' are the people who didn't have tickets.

Yes, there are more people in the 'didn't have tickets but could have done' category, but it's far easier to justify to them that the pandemic has fucked them over, than it is to justify to the people that actually attended the football matches that the pandemic (and the club's fucking laziness) has fucked them over.

the whole pandemic situation has fucked people over... you can take however you want they had a decision to make and after consulting they made a decision that they knew would be painful but then every route they would have taken was painful

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #17039 on: May 7, 2021, 02:00:54 pm »

That's what they did. Their decision was based on how many complaints they would get