Author Topic: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg  (Read 98795 times)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Re: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2018, 04:01:27 am »
I’ve tried seriously hard to stop thinking about the game because my anxiety levels were going through the roof. I’m a bit calmer right now, maybe it’s because it’s the evening and the air is cool.
YWNA

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:27 am »
Are we all excited yet?

These are the games we live for.

Jürgen will see us right.
We are Liverpool. We live for this. Go for it Tricky Reds!
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2018, 04:24:56 am »
Nervous and excited.  Anyone else already in full clench?

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2018, 04:33:58 am »
Summary?

On another note my arse is gone. Shitting it a record level

Francesco and Kolarov presser - summary

Francesco -

Re first impressions: "We walked around Anfield and what comes to my mind – the beautiful English stadia, great facilities, stadium and atmosphere, and we aren't used to that as Italian coaches, having the fans right behind us, right close to us."

Re Klopp, Its no coincidence both teams are here. Klopp said the importance of being  positive and the  Anfield family. What do Roma need to win this match. “We will have our away fans. We will need to play as a team more than ever, to play as a unit as we are facing a rival different to Barcelona in terms of pace and we need to equal them in that regard.”

Re form: asked about their latest and proposed best game against  SPAL re defense, pressing high, and midfield control: “There is no comparison between Liverpool and our last rival in the league. Liverpool is a quality team , they are the team with the most practical passes when they win the ball back. We intend to impose ourself on them . In the last league game we showed we progressed our mentality and we need to show that tomorrow.”

Re Systems: “I dont like to talk about the line up,  Shick and Under one of the two will play, we havent decided to play 4 or 3 man defence yet. We need to maintain philosophy keep going forward but at the same time be compact and combat liverpool who is elite on the break.”

Asked Is this Francesco Vs Klopp, Might the winner set the tone for new era of coaches and philosophy...“Ask Klopp, we both wear Glasses and have a beard.  I like his philosophy. I'm  both happy and concerned to play against a team run by such a good manager who has won titles, but I have great ambitions and we nurture the ambition to reach the final.”

Re: Liverpool attack and how to deal with it, How confident is Allison – "We cant focus on one player, we play as a team and they play as a team:  Allison he is a match for Liverpool as are the rest of the squad.”

Re is it a good idea to sit back and drop deep against liverpool?:  “We wont sit back and drop deep unless they force us too. We will stay short as a team and all movements depend on the position of the ball on the pitch.”

Asked  in an interview, Strootman said we had a gameplan to stop Salah: “Strootman has become Italian and smart, we didnt prepare the match based on Salah. I can count on Under, my philosophy is to look forward. We will have a special attention to their best players not only Salah.”

As a young coach, asked does he want to manage in the UK at some point: “Never say never but focus is on the now. As Klopp said he can only say the word spaghetti in Italian and I can only say the word hamburger in English.”

Kolarov:

Re holding back Messi  - “We will focus on the team and not specifically on salah in the same way we did against barca re Messi.  We cannot win by just beating salah. In this way we can achieve great things.”

RE making it to the semis: "As Klopp said - It is no coincidence we are in the last four and deserve to be in the last 4, the same as for klopp and liverpool we deserve to play in two great matches. They have a lot of very good players and play at a high pace we cannot focus on one, we need to take care of all details."

Re winning the trophy: “We have a duty to try and win it and we will surely give it a go”

Re Roma players & Totti and his backroom influence– “I havent had the pleasure to play with him. I enjoy him as a club director, but I see him as a team mate. We havent spoken this week but anyone who did  im sure he gave the right tips and recommendations.” 

Re Youve already played here at Anfield , is it a fear to play at Anfield or a boost, what is your advice to your team mates: “ The champions League semi carrys a long standing special feeling, as children etc etc etc. we are perfectly aware of where we are, we could already feel the concentration on the way to the stadium on the bus .”
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:51:57 am by hansenite »

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2018, 04:41:26 am »
Personally after watching that presser the young guy francesco isnt looking at all comfortable with this
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:30:58 am by hansenite »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2018, 04:43:55 am »
We've got this.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2018, 05:07:13 am »
I personally believe Roma might be a bit surprised at how we come at them. I mean City know us well and we blew them away in the first half of the first leg.

Our front 3, at this moment, is as good as it gets in Europe. I cannot see Roma stopping us scoring. The key is to be really careful on set pieces as they are very dangerous on corners and crosses. Klopp will have a plan for that though.
YWNA

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2018, 05:17:49 am »
Eh, we're playing a fecking champs league semi final in 12 hours?

Weren't it just yesterday that Kenny was giving Carroll and Downing a bollocking after losing at Wolves? Didn't we just get plugged by Old Boys in the Europa league?

How did this happen. I love it. To all of you that I'm tenuously related to through this footballing institution, we've done this together. And we're not finished yet.

BELIEVE. Trust in Jürgen, trust in the boys. We're off to Kiev I swear.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2018, 05:31:05 am »
Maybe already mentioned but last time Klopp was in the 1st leg of a semi in the CL his team thumped Real Madrid 4-0.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2018, 05:33:48 am »

Weren't it just yesterday that Kenny was giving Carroll and Downing a bollocking after losing at Wolves? Didn't we just get plugged by Old Boys in the Europa league?

How did this happen. I love it. To all of you that I'm tenuously related to through this footballing institution, we've done this together. And we're not finished yet.

Even though I don't believe in all that "name's on the cup" or the whole destiny thing (we had to win the FA Cup for Stevie in 2015 as a send off, Buffon has to finally win the CL before retiring) in football, I've had that feeling ever since we beat Porto. I don't know why, I just do. It's one of those inexplicable things.

In 2014 when we almost won the league and when we beat City 3-2 and were nearly there, I still didn't have that feeling. It was more of a "let's not cock this up now" rather than "we're really doing this, aren't we?" and the rest is history. I was calm before the City match, and feel calm now. Somehow I just feel remarkably assured that we're going to Kyiv and I really don't know why.

Maybe already mentioned but last time Klopp was in the 1st leg of a semi in the CL his team thumped Real Madrid 4-0.

4-1. Ronaldo gave Real the lead that night, Dortmund came back. Mind you they almost let it go the second leg by losing 2-0, and were really, really fortunate not to have lost 3-0. ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 05:35:35 am by Caligula? »

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2018, 05:39:28 am »
Gunna just do the morning at work then it's onto the game. Strange nights sleep, thinking and worrying about the game but what worries to have!
This Herr Klopp has changed our lives.

Bring on yer Roma by the score.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:05 am »
Oh yeah...well regardless 0-0 is unlikely...very unlikely haha

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2018, 06:04:48 am »
Let's give some credit to FSG imo. They came into a shambles of a club, stabilised it, learnt from their mistakes and gradually but surely started using that knowledge to get the right people into the right positions and back them in the right way. It's easy to kick owners when we're down but i think we should give credit when they get things right. They might make mistakes but they don't seem to make the same mistake twice.

From Hodgson almost apologising to United for them knocking us out of a cup to Klopp walking us into a CL semi at a canter against the best side in the country.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:50 am »
Let's give some credit to FSG imo. They came into a shambles of a club, stabilised it, learnt from their mistakes and gradually but surely started using that knowledge to get the right people into the right positions and back them in the right way. It's easy to kick owners when we're down but i think we should give credit when they get things right. They might make mistakes but they don't seem to make the same mistake twice.

From Hodgson almost apologising to United for them knocking us out of a cup to Klopp walking us into a CL semi at a canter against the best side in the country.

If we win it i hope we see them on the pitch; Henry with a giant cigar, Klopp with a yard of ale, they fucking deserve it ( dont know what Linda and Tom will be up to)

PS they picked a good club to back
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:28:20 am by hansenite »

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #374 on: April 24, 2018, 06:39:42 am »

:champ

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #375 on: April 24, 2018, 06:54:34 am »
No more sleeps ;)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 24, 2018, 07:13:39 am »
WEEE'VE CONQUERED ALL OF EUROPEEEE...

Offline Gerrard-2-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #377 on: April 24, 2018, 07:15:06 am »
I cannot wipe this cheeky little smirk I've had since we last beat City and thinking about just how far we've come. So proud of this manager and team as a whole getting to where we are now is an achievement in itself.

I'm not too sure how to feel about this match up with Roma. I understand that they have a very solid defensive set up and powerful midfield trio, but they haven't played a team this year that is similar to us. Barcelona, although blessed with world class players all over the pitch play a slow, possession based game. I honestly don't know what to think at this point but sure as fuck that our front three has the class and pace to outscore Dzeko et al.

Almost surreal feeling and I cannot wait to hear YNWA before the kickoff.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #378 on: April 24, 2018, 07:19:46 am »
Match day...

...it's here!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #379 on: April 24, 2018, 07:28:14 am »
12 hours to go
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #380 on: April 24, 2018, 07:29:58 am »
It is interesting how in the interview before their manager pointed out having the crowd so near to them would be different, that has to be an open invitation for the twelveth man to make their impact tonight. We need to make some serious noise and get in their head's early on.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Tozznee

• Kemlynite
« Reply #381 on: April 24, 2018, 07:39:50 am »
I've got to pull an all-nighter as it's 0245 kick off here. Bring on the espresso martinis!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #382 on: April 24, 2018, 07:40:48 am »
It is interesting how in the interview before their manager pointed out having the crowd so near to them would be different, that has to be an open invitation for the twelveth man to make their impact tonight. We need to make some serious noise and get in their head's early on.

A rallying cry like no other

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bop4rr6sUQo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bop4rr6sUQo</a>

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #383 on: April 24, 2018, 07:44:59 am »
Running late to catch up whether this has been posted anywhere..

De Rossi laying a wreath at the memorial,class that is..

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/988476354390822913/pu/img/e0nbQMlrCdZJbIap?format=jpg&name=orig

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 24, 2018, 07:48:32 am »
If we play our game, we have this.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:31 am »
Only in work til 3pm today, so excited I think I’m gonna sprint home when I’m finished!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2018, 07:54:46 am »
Running late to catch up whether this has been posted anywhere..

De Rossi laying a wreath at the memorial,class that is..

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/988476354390822913/pu/img/e0nbQMlrCdZJbIap?format=jpg&name=orig

I had read somewhere that they had done that. A classy gesture like you say.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2018, 07:55:57 am »
A rallying cry like no other

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bop4rr6sUQo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bop4rr6sUQo</a>

;D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2018, 08:14:11 am »
Jesus Christ. Champions league semi finals   :champ Bring it on
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2018, 08:21:39 am »
wonder if this will get another airing tomorrow night?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/R5k6J5OXuvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/R5k6J5OXuvg</a>

COME ON YOU FUCKING RED MEN.

Just don't let Chopsy take the first pen and we'll be fine.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2018, 08:21:43 am »
No more sleeps. Cannot wait for the ride. It feels so great to be back where we belong. It has been far too long. Lets take the roof off the place and blitz them. My mate, a newcastle fan, is a contrary bugger. If you say black, he will say white. However, when I asked for his objective view against city he said he thought we would get through and even predicted a surprise victory in the away leg. I asked him yesterday what he thought about tonight and he thinks there is a good chance we can put the tie out of sight tonight. If he gets it right I am ringing the papers and putting him in a zoo to carry on predicting.

Based on his mystic meg thoughts I am going 4-0 to us tonight with a goal each for Mo, Mane and Bobby and a little something extra from VVD.

Lets have this.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 24, 2018, 08:27:37 am »
Just listening to the Totally Football Show and Horncastle says Roma have scored 15 from set pieces. We must switch on at dead ball situations.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2018, 08:28:57 am »
Think I'm more nervous of the fact we're so close to a final rather than the match.

If there is a God please help us bring number 6 home.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2018, 08:34:48 am »
Just listening to the Totally Football Show and Horncastle says Roma have scored 15 from set pieces. We must switch on at dead ball situations.

Better get down to Melwood and let them know ASAP mate

Offline RedmenPhil

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2018, 08:34:50 am »
Biggest game of the season! C'mon Redmen!

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2018, 08:34:52 am »
Getting up 4am in Melbourne to watch. How the fuck am I supposed to sleep. Got roasted by the family for waking them up, god I hope Im waking them up again because it means we're doing well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2018, 08:36:04 am »
Better get down to Melwood and let them know ASAP mate

Probably should've done that last weekend before we somehow didn't manage to defend them properly against West Brom, a side renowned for getting the ball down and playing nice football.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2018, 08:39:21 am »
Probably should've done that last weekend before we somehow didn't manage to defend them properly against West Brom, a side renowned for getting the ball down and playing nice football.

So it’s your fault!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2018, 08:44:55 am »
As usual. In office and doing feck all. Haha!!

;D  ;D

And I don't know why but suddenly remember this guy. Haha!!

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2018, 08:45:06 am »
Tonight is really a special night. This is only the 10th CL semi final in the history of our club and we are about to experience it tonight. 1st time in 10 years and you never know when it will happen again.