Author Topic: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg  (Read 99029 times)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Re: Liverpool vs AS Roma, Uefa Champions League Sem-Final 1st leg
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2018, 09:49:59 am »
Everyone who's going tonight, what we ask of the players is to leave everything out there on the pitch. We should be asking the same of ourselves today. Leave absolutely everything out there in that stadium tonight. Every ounce of energy, every bit of noise. We don't know when this chance will come around again. It could be next year... it could be never again in our lifetime. Don't wish you could have shouted that bit louder, or contributed a scarf or a flag to that sea of red. Give absolutely everything, and the lads on the pitch will too. Let's fucking blow them away.

Well said.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2018, 09:50:16 am »
Who else is doing absolutely fuck all in the office today?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2018, 09:51:12 am »
I feel sick at work.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2018, 09:51:22 am »
European Royalty

....and yes, both should be counted. Football existed before the 1990's.

I did count both. This is our 10th Semi Final in the European Cup/Champions League.

It's 23 in European completion as a whole including UEFA Cup/Europa League etc.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2018, 09:52:52 am »
I am actually more worried about these than I was about City, I’m just hoping they are not having a season like us in 2005 . We have enough to blow them away so hopefully we take our chances and keep our concentration at set pieces.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:22 am »
Not quite all as classy - Bruno Conti and Roberto Pruzzo :

Conti looks like he won some sort of local amateur Antonio Conte look-a-like contest, except with shittier hair. I wonder just at what point on the flight back to Rome Thursday will he think "Where did it all go so wrong?"

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:55 am »
Neville calling that we'll be knocked out:

I'm going for Liverpool to win their first leg 2-1 in my Super 6 predictions, but I'll add that I also think they'll get knocked out over the two legs, with Roma a very different proposition and capable of frustrating Jurgen Klopp's attack.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2018, 09:58:25 am »
Getting excited now

Not nervous like City

Excited.

This is what it’s all about. European Cup semi-finals. Love it. :)

I think we can do it, if football is about emotion Klopp is the perfect modern manager to tap into that.

They have good players, but I think we have better ones. Win tonight and then make next wednesday a chaotic crazy match and we'll be alright I reckon.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2018, 09:59:07 am »

That's out of character for him
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2018, 10:01:16 am »

I'm going for Liverpool to win their first leg 2-1 in my Super 6 predictions, but I'll add that I also think they'll get knocked out over the two legs, with Roma a very different proposition and capable of frustrating Jürgen Klopp's attack.

Think we'll try and score as many as possible tonight and I think we can get a clean sheet too.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2018, 10:03:22 am »
That's out of character for him

To be fair he's not one to always call a result against us. However much he hates Liverpool.

I think he genuinely believes we'll struggle with their players and style of play, which is fair enough i guess.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2018, 10:05:47 am »
To be fair he's not one to always call a result against us. However much he hates Liverpool.

I think he genuinely believes we'll struggle with their players and style of play, which is fair enough i guess.

Some posters on here have more qualifications than him.
No time for caution.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 24, 2018, 10:08:08 am »
Haha that reminded me of this!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bwk38srACrA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Bwk38srACrA</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwk38srACrA
Brilliant!  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:02 am »

How dare the whole of the world not expect Liverpool to go through?

I do think the ugly c*nt is wrong like but he's entitled to his opinion. :)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:15 am »
I was quietly confident this morning, coming on here has made me nervous.

Not aimed at you in particular, but I don't get this nervousness/shitting myself bollocks. lap it up, enjoy it, savour it . Its fucking great and if you don't enjoy it, whats the fucking point?
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #455 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:47 am »
To put this into perspective. This is LFC's 10th time in the semi finals of the European cup. 10 times in 125 years. These nights don't come along often so you have to grasp the occasion and treasure it.

And make no mistake, we deserve to be here. We deserve to be classed at this moment in the top 4 teams in European club football (and quite possibly world club football). This is what this club exists to do. This is what these players play for. This is what our fans live for.

Regardless what happens tonight and in a weeks time there is so much to be proud of. So much to be optimistic about. So much to be excited about. Doubters to Believers indeed.

These are nights that the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man U fans can only dream about. Most give us 20% chance of getting through to the final and even less of winning it. But you know what? That's 20% more chance than they have of being there.

I know that I wont be getting much work done today. I know I'll be clock watching from now til 4pm. I know that I will have stepsils and lemsip max strength in the house for my sore throat and no voice tomorrow. I know that I wont be sitting down at all between the hours of 4pm and 11pm. I know that as a fan I will support every single of of those players in red tonight. Those are the minimum expectations of me. I expect nothing less from anyone else in that stadium tonight

'Make us Dream'

Allez Allez Allez!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #456 on: April 24, 2018, 10:17:56 am »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #457 on: April 24, 2018, 10:18:59 am »

I'll have a few quid he has no clue what their style of play is and thinks 'generic Italian team'

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #458 on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:19 am »
To put this into perspective. This is LFC's 10th time in the semi finals of the European cup. 10 times in 125 years.

European Cup started in 1955 though. So 10 times in 63 years.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #459 on: April 24, 2018, 10:23:12 am »
Great OP, Al.

We're having these.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #460 on: April 24, 2018, 10:24:22 am »
European Cup started in 1955 though. So 10 times in 63 years.

We've entered the competition 22 times. 10 semi-finals is some return.

European royalty, you might say.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:55 am »

I'm going for Liverpool to win their first leg 2-1 in my Super 6 predictions, but I'll add that I also think they'll get knocked out over the two legs, with Roma a very different proposition and capable of frustrating Jürgen Klopp's attack.

Bah forget what ratface says - his mystic meg powers of prediction did wonders for him at Valencia.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #462 on: April 24, 2018, 10:35:01 am »
Bah forget what ratface says - his mystic meg powers of prediction did wonders for him at Valencia.

Indeed. A sentence you’ll never hear from Gary Neville in your life

“As I remember from my Valencia days.....”
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #463 on: April 24, 2018, 10:35:34 am »

What have his predictions been like in the Round of 16 and the quarters?

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2018, 10:39:46 am »
Someone referenced about that this is our 10th semi in 125 year history. That’s not quite correct. The competition is just over sixty years old so we have been in 1/6 of the semis. We are proper European royalty. Embrace it to fuck and get out there, roar your bloody lungs out, waves you flags and hold your scarves up high. Let the Romans know we are the Emperors and they are the plebs!!!  We are European kings, they are European paupers!!!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #465 on: April 24, 2018, 10:47:40 am »
Someone referenced about that this is our 10th semi in 125 year history. That’s not quite correct. The competition is just over sixty years old so we have been in 1/6 of the semis. We are proper European royalty. Embrace it to fuck and get out there, roar your bloody lungs out, waves you flags and hold your scarves up high. Let the Romans know we are the Emperors and they are the plebs!!!  We are European kings, they are European paupers!!!

Beware the Ides of April!

The Romans have a long tradition of overthrowing royalty from Tarquinis Superbus (sounds like a good defensive midfielder) to Julius Caesar and Caligula.

Mind you they never conquered the Teutons so historical precedent says we'll go through.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: April 24, 2018, 10:47:47 am »
Maybe already mentioned but last time Klopp was in the 1st leg of a semi in the CL his team thumped Real Madrid 4-0.

Stored in the memory bank for the final..  ;D
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #467 on: April 24, 2018, 10:51:51 am »
Something to inspire confidence in the lads...

Our last relatively recent Euro semi final first legs:

1999 CWC PSG 0-3
2001 EL Barcelona 0-0
2005 CL Chelsea 0-0
2007 CL Chelsea 0-1
2008 CL Chelsea 1-1
2010 EL Atletico 0-1
2016 EL Villarreal 0-1

What an awful record :lmao Scored one goal in all seven, four losses, three draws and no wins, and still we made 4 of the finals ;D

Last time we won a first leg in a Euro semi final was thrashing Panathinaikos 4-0 in 1985...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2018, 10:55:22 am »

1999 CWC PSG 0-3
2001 EL Barcelona 0-0
2005 CL Chelsea 0-0
2007 CL Chelsea 0-1
2008 CL Chelsea 1-1
2010 EL Atletico 0-1
2016 EL Villarreal 0-1

What an awful record :lmao Scored one goal in all seven, four losses, three draws and no wins, and still we made 4 of the finals ;D

Last time we won a first leg in a Euro semi final was thrashing Panathinaikos 4-0 in 1985...
all bar one of those were away

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: April 24, 2018, 10:55:23 am »
Long day at work and then a birthday party to go to, which means ill be having to watch the game, hunched over a phone at times.

Any sort of result that ends up with Roma getting a '0' will be a decent result. They have a good home record but that wouldn't scare us.

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:42 am »
Hopefully they do. And hopefully if anyone knows the owner of that twitter account from this site or anywhere else, they can talk some sense into him.

Like you said, all it takes is one brain dead prick to assure chaos in Rome for the return leg. And if all this was to happen and we make it to the final, we'll probably lose a lot of goodwill with lots of neutral supporters because we'd be known as the "bus smashers" or something like that all because of a few idiots you can count on one hand.

Probably an Evertonian pulling a false flag operation
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:57 am »

1999 CWC PSG 0-3
2001 EL Barcelona 0-0
2005 CL Chelsea 0-0
2007 CL Chelsea 0-1
2008 CL Chelsea 1-1
2010 EL Atletico 0-1
2016 EL Villarreal 0-1

Going off my usual logic, we are due a win. If we make the final, Klopp is due a win in a final.

Still nervous. Hoping for a repeat of City, 3 first half goals to calm the nerves.

Last night I had a dream and we got battered.

Offline Jamesy

• Anny Roader
  • Auld Arse
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2018, 10:58:32 am »
Anyone posted the Liverpool Al Pacino speech?

Always gives me goosebumps.
I've got your name written here in a rose tattoo.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2018, 10:58:52 am »
Probably an Evertonian pulling a false flag operation

It's most likely just a Twitter troll, people should just ignore them and not give them the attention they want.

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: April 24, 2018, 11:05:27 am »
Beware the Ides of April!

The Romans have a long tradition of overthrowing royalty from Tarquinis Superbus (sounds like a good defensive midfielder) to Julius Caesar and Caligula.

Mind you they never conquered the Teutons so historical precedent says we'll go through.

Some say Rome was founded by the refugees of Troy after its sacking. Troy of course being a fabled city in Turkey, the location of our greatest victory. Make of that what you will.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:07:45 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: April 24, 2018, 11:07:45 am »
Bricking to be honest. This is the first game in the Champions League this season where I have been this nervous beforehand. This day is going to drag..

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2018, 11:10:59 am »
all bar one of those were away

It wasn’t a criticism, just an observation. The most interesting thing about that record is how tight most of those games are, usually 0-0 or 1-0.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2018, 11:11:17 am »

1999 CWC PSG 0-3
2001 EL Barcelona 0-0
2005 CL Chelsea 0-0
2007 CL Chelsea 0-1
2008 CL Chelsea 1-1
2010 EL Atletico 0-1
2016 EL Villarreal 0-1

This post encouraged me to revisit our mid-90s European record...I was at the Celta game, and have vague memories of listening to Strasbourg, PSG, and Brondby on the radio.

What an utterly dismal European record we had during that period  :o

Nevertheless, that was then...   :scarf   :hally

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2018, 11:12:52 am »
Shitting it as we speak. Cant stop sweating either, come on youuuuu redddd men!!!!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2018, 11:13:44 am »
This post encouraged me to revisit our mid-90s European record...I was at the Celta game, and have vague memories of listening to Strasbourg, PSG, and Brondby on the radio.

What an utterly dismal European record we had during that period  :o

Nevertheless, that was then...   :scarf   :hally

Haha I did that the other day. Sobering reading.

I totally forgot how fucking awful we were in Europe in the 90s.

Lost 1-4 to Genoa on agg in the UEFA Cup QFs in 1991.
Lost 2-6 to Spartak Moscow on agg in the CWC 2R in 1993.
Lost 0-1 to Brondby on agg in the UEFA Cup 2R in 1996 (and the loss was at Anfield 😳)
Lost 2-3 to PSG on agg in the CWC SF in 1997
Lost 2-3 to Strasbourg on agg in the UEFA Cup 2R in 1998
Lost 2-3 to Celta Vigo on agg in the UEFA Cup 3R in 1999.