Author Topic: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm - Travel Advice in OP  (Read 121763 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Roma Away - Wednesday 2nd May 7.45pm
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2018, 11:44:32 am »
Surprised by all the talk of squares and going in their end. More nervous about this one than Moscow. They hate us, and throw in names on tickets and their riot police can see it being  a nightmare.
This...100%.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2018, 11:46:36 am »
Silly question perhaps but just want to be sure.  Kick off local time is 20:45 right?

Yes kick off is at 20:45 cet

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2018, 11:49:06 am »
Looking for flights/transport but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know any decent offers or is able to direct me in the right direction?

Thanks.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2018, 11:49:54 am »
Agreed. Few going to be in for a shock for this.

Seen some of the posts on Twitter.  The Fam could end up getting everybody else battered, as well as themselves.

Someone buying a Curva Nord ticket and asking if any Roma fans will be in there. 

They all think they'll shake hands with them and be best mates.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:24 am »
I was thinking back to the 96 FA Cup semi final against Villa the other day.  When the FA hiked the prices it was really nice sitting at home and seeing the half empty Old Trafford, knowing they'd have to think twice the following year.

Now we've got the Fam, the regulars are too shit scared of falling off the loyalty ladder as there's already an entire ground waiting to take their place.

Glad I stepped away from it all.  Don't regret it at all.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:24 am »
Seen some of the posts on Twitter.  The Fam could end up getting everybody else battered, as well as themselves.

Someone buying a Curva Nord ticket and asking if any Roma fans will be in there. 

it is ridiculous and this is one issue with a big allocation

there will be people doing their first away in europe (which is fine in itself) but couple that with a lot of naivety a few are going to get battered unfortunately.

its one thing buying a ticket in the City end - a totally different kettle of fish buying in the Roma end. total stupidity is the phrase

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2018, 12:00:34 pm »

Exactly. At least in Russia it was largely only people who knew the score.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2018, 12:03:42 pm »
Few people trying to buy in home end??? Surely cant be serious??

If you're stupid enough to do that you deserve the consequences!

Roma fucking hates us and all english teams! Horrible place

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2018, 12:12:07 pm »
our fans are the equivalent of general sale though

Maybe we should legalise touting and price all matches at market value.  That would make the best economic sense.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »
Does anyone know whether they check ID’s at the ground? Hoping to get a ticket through a mate of mine in his name, but not I’m not sure how risky that will be.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2018, 12:15:00 pm »

Agreed.  Quite looking forward to the TV images of Tristan from Surrey and Rupert from Kent with knives hanging out of their heads.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2018, 12:15:53 pm »
Does anyone know whether they check ID’s at the ground? Hoping to get a ticket through a mate of mine in his name, but not I’m not sure how risky that will be.

They do everywhere in Italy. You’ll need to put your details in when buying the ticket. Tottenham in Juve  they were checking against passport/ID at the gate.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2018, 12:16:28 pm »

They said they will.  If it's anything like 2001 they'll check the first 250 or so, then realise it's not going to work, then baton charge everybody in through three turnstiles, whether they want to go in or not.

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2018, 12:20:52 pm »
They do everywhere in Italy. You’ll need to put your details in when buying the ticket. Tottenham in Juve  they were checking against passport/ID at the gate.

Cheers  :wave

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2018, 12:21:37 pm »
They said they will.  If it's anything like 2001 they'll check the first 250 or so, then realise it's not going to work, then baton charge everybody in through three turnstiles, whether they want to go in or not.

I’ll throw a few yellow pages underneath my clothes then  :o

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2018, 12:25:53 pm »
Agreed. Few going to be in for a shock for this.

The square will be the safest place to go to be honest!

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »
From what I can remember when i went in 2001, loads of  reds congregated near the Spanish steps on the day of the game. We flew over the night before but the next day around noon we noticed an influx of Liverpool supporters (probably the lads who went on the day trips). didn't encounter any trouble, apart from the locals driving around in there mopeds giving it the slashing of the neck actions!

As we approached kick off time obviously the mood changed and we had to keep our witts about otherwise could have got dangerous. In the ground as a lot have mentioned previously it was bedlam.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2018, 12:28:44 pm »
Getting excited about it, although I'm not going.  I should have at least touted my ticket to pay for a flight.  He'll get me a few pints he said.  That tradition goes back to the days when a couple of pints was more expensive than the match ticket. 

Should have told him to fuck off and buy me a flight and hotel.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2018, 12:29:30 pm »
Only place i have been worse than Roma was Turin in 05.

Don't be getting too pissed as you do need a cool head on you

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 19, 2018, 12:34:19 pm »
The square will be the safest place to go to be honest!

I'd probably head towards Trevi Fountain and find a square around there.  I agree that squares will be the safest, but the problem will come if everybody decides to congregate in one square.  Can't see the Police having it.

In fact, when I went in 2001 there was a 24 hour drinking ban and we found some tobbacconist who was happy to open his curtain.

Heard no mention of a drinking ban this time so assume it's not happening.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2018, 12:37:37 pm »
Found an old BBC report on what happened last time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1172748.stm

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2018, 01:00:21 pm »
Maybe we should legalise touting and price all matches at market value.  That would make the best economic sense.
youve missed my point

Looking for flights/transport but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone know any decent offers or is able to direct me in the right direction?

Thanks.
fly to Switzerland and drive/train to Rome may be cheapish?

Few people trying to buy in home end??? Surely cant be serious??

Roma fucking hates us and all english teams! Horrible place
the irony is that the two clubs are very pally, gerrard has done interviews for their tv channel in the past and has done one for this game, totti did something for that gerrard doc when he left
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:04:28 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2018, 01:03:29 pm »
Any one got any more info on Chelsea’s visit there this season. I’ve only seen one news report of limited trouble so kinda hoping it’s not quite as moody as in previous years.
Liverpool ist Rad!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2018, 01:08:21 pm »
I'd probably head towards Trevi Fountain and find a square around there.  I agree that squares will be the safest, but the problem will come if everybody decides to congregate in one square.  Can't see the Police having it.

In fact, when I went in 2001 there was a 24 hour drinking ban and we found some tobbacconist who was happy to open his curtain.

Heard no mention of a drinking ban this time so assume it's not happening.
also 2001 was fairly recent so some of those guys who were involved in shit in 84 would still have been around then but probably not now so there won’t be as much aggro?

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #344 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:04 pm »
also 2001 was fairly recent so some of those guys who were involved in shit in 84 would still have been around then but probably not now so there won’t be as much aggro?

More worried about our fans than theirs. First timers treating a Euro away like a stag do in magaluf, pissing off the police, and getting us battoned in the ground.

You can avoid their fans to an extent. Can’t avoid the bizzies in the away end.
Long live the King

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #345 on: April 19, 2018, 01:20:25 pm »
Found an old BBC report on what happened last time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1172748.stm

The last part of that report

"During the afternoon, rowdy Liverpool supporters allegedly threw two Bangladeshi tourists and a Japanese tourist into the historic Trevi Fountain, according to Italian news agency Ansa."

;D ;D

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:44 pm »
Any one got any more info on Chelsea’s visit there this season. I’ve only seen one news report of limited trouble so kinda hoping it’s not quite as moody as in previous years.

We have history with Roma for starters.

If i remember correctly Roma fans kicked off in London when they played Chelsea.

I know united fans took a big beating when they played them also in recent times. In the ground, outside the ground and also coaches were smashed up on way to ground.
My mate was on one of them that got all windows smashed and then Roma fans ran on with bike chains...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 19, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »
More worried about our fans than theirs. First timers treating a Euro away like a stag do in magaluf, pissing off the police, and getting us battoned in the ground.

You can avoid their fans to an extent. Can’t avoid the bizzies in the away end.
oh yeah there’s gonna be some who act the dickhead and will get a beating, basically the typical obnoxious English abroad thinking they’re mike Tyson after 3 pints

"During the afternoon, rowdy Liverpool supporters allegedly threw two Bangladeshi tourists and a Japanese tourist into the historic Trevi Fountain, according to Italian news agency Ansa."

;D ;D
not a good look for us that

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 19, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »

;D ;D

I liked the way it was mentioned as a foot note.  It'd be on the front page of the Echo now, with Evertonians demanding another ban.

On a more sombre note, I remember three Liverpool fans raping somebody in McNasty's.  I'm sure that was Rome.  If so, it's weird that they mentioned the fountain incident and not that.  Maybe  the McNasty's incident didn't come out until a few days later (or more likely, I'm getting confused with another match).

Edit - when mentioning a very nasty incident I wish it wouldn't automatically change M c D on alds.  People mightn't know about the auto change and think I'm making light of the incident. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:54:21 pm by stephen075 »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 19, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »
There are some goodn's.

My pride and joy of the 84/85 season was a massive Roma flag that my Brother had swapped his avarage Liverpool flag for with one of their fans at the 84 final.

That's something else that the 50 50 era has spoiled.  The only way to get a Roma flag, scarf back then was to swap as a proper souveneer as opposed to the bollocks they sell outside the ground now.

Loved that flag.  He brought me back a Juve Platini top back in 85.  I wore it every day for about a month, despite me being a little kid and the top being xxl.

Offline lewisfvv

• Kemlynite
« Reply #350 on: April 19, 2018, 02:22:23 pm »
Seen quite a few red whove bought in the home end, honestly dont know what they were thinking!
The corporates are in for a shock too, especially considering will be a first European maybe even away for many of them, part of me expects it to be a bit tamer than 01, as long as we don't fuck it up and give their bizzies any excuses.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 19, 2018, 03:34:18 pm »
Haven't booked any travel or accomodation yet so not sure whether to chance it in Monday's sale. But you have to provide travel details with the booking. Vicious circle as don't want to lose out on air fares if I don't get a ticket on Monday

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #352 on: April 19, 2018, 03:39:02 pm »
Haven't booked any travel or accomodation yet so not sure whether to chance it in Monday's sale. But you have to provide travel details with the booking. Vicious circle as don't want to lose out on air fares if I don't get a ticket on Monday

Make them up. Or at least put in a proposed route.
Long live the King

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04:58 pm »
Make them up. Or at least put in a proposed route.

Wasn't sure how rigorously they check this or not. Assume they don't?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:29 pm »
Wasn't sure how rigorously they check this or not. Assume they don't?

They don’t.
Long live the King

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2018, 04:37:39 pm »
dont worry even if you miss out I hear a lot of reds are in the home end, heard the curva sud is where it’s at

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 19, 2018, 04:41:16 pm »
dont worry even if you miss out I hear a lot of reds are in the home end, heard the curva sud is where it’s at

and the Police will end up baton charging you into the ground at some point anyway.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: April 19, 2018, 04:55:10 pm »
and the Police will end up baton charging you into the ground at some point anyway.
caught a biggie here ;D

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 19, 2018, 04:57:17 pm »
Assuming they’ll be ready to pick up at the Roma home game? Nothing filled in on the fulfillment notice re collection just that they’ll be posted by 26th........
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: April 19, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »

Sounds great thanks. Could even wear my half-half Liverpool/Lazio scarf.