Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1094654 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #3920 on: December 4, 2019, 01:45:12 pm »
Apparently with Fabinho's injury we're looking toapproach Sander Berge (Norwegian fella) in January. We had been looking to get him in the summer but Fab's injury has brought those plans forward.  Where is Oslo31?

Sander? He'd be a belt-er. Smooth finishing, I've heard... but this story goes against the grain, etc etc etc etc...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3921 on: December 4, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »
 ;D :D

He plays for Genk, don't seem to remember him when he played us.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3922 on: December 4, 2019, 01:57:36 pm »
Apparently with Fabinho's injury we're looking toapproach Sander Berge (Norwegian fella) in January. We had been looking to get him in the summer but Fab's injury has brought those plans forward.  Where is Oslo31?
Guardian says Klopp praised him after the Genk match, which has inspired someone to put two and two together and start a tweet. I just don't see Klopp doing anything short-term because of an injury these days. We seem to find our short-term fixes with alterations to style or asking personnel to be versatile.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2019, 01:59:28 pm by No666 »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3923 on: December 4, 2019, 01:58:51 pm »
Guardian says Klopp praised him after the Genk match, which has inspired someone to put two and two together and start a tweet.

Kloppo says nice things about Messi a lot...........

Oh My God  :o :o :o :o

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3924 on: December 4, 2019, 01:59:58 pm »
A Klopp hug, next is a trip to Blackpool and  then he's ours.  :D

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3925 on: December 4, 2019, 02:16:56 pm »
Klopp provided some excellent information on his transfer plans, hinting he might as well do some transfers in January, rather than the summer. While also teaching England (again) that the window must change. When asked about transfers he didn't say ''A bit early for transfer rumours." But of course those people stuck on reading forums for 10 years in a row, have a set idea of when transfers should be read and discussed. I know, there's Old Joe and Young Pup also around, who prefer to just read the official site news to reveal when the transfer is made and they see no value in the transfer news before that, but somehow they're on a forum where they also read fan opinion on the approach to transfers and share their opinions on it while saying it has no value. Now, in case you don't know, Klopp reads my forum posts and my private youtube links of my opinions on transfers and my psychologist has pointed out that it does have a psychological effect on the transfers that Klopp ultimately makes. Sometimes I use reverse psychology which also works, if not in the current window, then the next.
But he did say:

"We don't speak about it. We are pretty much always ready - if we can do something which helps us, we will try to do it. If not we will not."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3926 on: December 4, 2019, 03:06:43 pm »
I do wonder, with the league literally there for the taking, whether we'll buy a belt (Sander) and braces.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3927 on: December 4, 2019, 03:14:11 pm »
Really looking forward to we who we would get in January, especially after a quiet summer. I hope we would at least sign an attacker.

Agree. Would also like a versatile fullback.

On a different note and a genuine question: why isn't there really a climate or threads on rawk for discussing potential transfers outside the windows? Or is there and am I missing something?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3928 on: December 4, 2019, 03:50:20 pm »
Kloppo says nice things about Messi a lot...........

Oh My God  :o :o :o :o
He also mentioned "Cristiano"... It's definitely happening!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3929 on: December 4, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »
Agree. Would also like a versatile fullback.

On a different note and a genuine question: why isn't there really a climate or threads on rawk for discussing potential transfers outside the windows? Or is there and am I missing something?
Probably because the mods need a break between the soul destroying threads when the window is open.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3930 on: December 5, 2019, 12:53:22 pm »
Fastest to 100 league wins as Liverpool manager:

Jurgen Klopp 159 games
Kenny Dalglish 167
Bob Paisley 179
Rafa Benitez 181
Bill Shankly 184
Gerard Houllier 197

That record is extraordinary, I can’t see anyone ever beating that.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3931 on: December 5, 2019, 07:58:18 pm »
I do wonder, with the league literally there for the taking, whether we'll buy a belt (Sander) and braces.

I think it'll depend on the value for money out there. I personally would like to see Grujic back next season instead of buying someone to take up that spot.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3932 on: December 6, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »
I have checked back two or three pages and haven't seen anything about this question so I will ask it. 

How will the club manage the transition that will be needed with the older players that are currently carrying the team? These older players will need to be phased out with younger models, so the 1st team doesn't miss a beat.  That to me (after winning the EPL, CWC, and number 7) is the next big question. You have Adam, Hendo, James (there's more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head) that will need to move on. There are a host of players approaching 30 years old too, If you just keep on playing, as things are, you will win a bunch of trophies, but eventually those first team players will be past their shelf life, so to speak. What are everyone's thoughts on that as it relates to the Klopp Template? Also, is the Klopp Template really the Liverpool template going forward? Is this the club identity. Having watched video of the great Liverpool teams of the 70s-80s I see some similarities to what Kloppo has created.  :wave

Also, will Marco be an answer for phasing out one of the senior players when he comes back from his loan in Germany? Will the game against Villa, be more important for the young players than we realize? After all Trent took his chance with the first team and never looked back. Is that something that the players playing against Villa while the senior team is at the CWC  have to prove that they are capable of?
« Last Edit: December 6, 2019, 01:44:37 pm by GeorgiaRed »

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #3933 on: December 6, 2019, 02:36:15 pm »
They are all hitting their peak pention at the same time so time to worry, indeed like worrying times we need a richarlison like saviour. And Sigurdson

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: December 6, 2019, 02:52:32 pm »

There's a transfer forum, but we only open it in the transfer window. I'm a transfer gossip tart personally, but I think the main reason is to keep the whole thing at least half way readable. Transfer rumours derail discussion and it infects every thread quite quickly. So I suppose it's a style thing really. There's no shortage of other places to discuss it... and most of the rumours aren't of any substance... and eventually you get to find out who we sign or sell because eventually we sign them or we sell them. :D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3935 on: December 6, 2019, 03:03:11 pm »
;D :D

He plays for Genk, don't seem to remember him when he played us.

He looked quality and would suit the Premier League down to the ground for me. Very tall, athletic and calm on the ball. He made a couple of surging runs through the lines against us that caught the eye. Could be very useful in the premier League giving us aerial ability in the DM position.

Plus he is the adopted child of Sander Westerveld and Patrick Berge.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3936 on: December 6, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/liverpool-pep-lijnders-jurgen-klopp-assistant-paddle-tennis-james-milner

Liverpool’s Pep Lijnders: ‘Our identity is intensity. It comes back in every drill’

Just got round to reading this, thanks for posting. One of my favourite interviews that's come from the current staff.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3937 on: December 6, 2019, 05:16:56 pm »
This is one hell of a template

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3938 on: December 6, 2019, 05:18:14 pm »
This is one hell of a template

That’s brilliant. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3939 on: December 6, 2019, 05:27:40 pm »
Love that photo  :) Never has a coach been more deserving of getting his hands on that trophy.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3940 on: December 6, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »
I have checked back two or three pages and haven't seen anything about this question so I will ask it. 

How will the club manage the transition that will be needed with the older players that are currently carrying the team? These older players will need to be phased out with younger models, so the 1st team doesn't miss a beat.  That to me (after winning the EPL, CWC, and number 7) is the next big question. You have Adam, Hendo, James (there's more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head) that will need to move on. There are a host of players approaching 30 years old too, If you just keep on playing, as things are, you will win a bunch of trophies, but eventually those first team players will be past their shelf life, so to speak. What are everyone's thoughts on that as it relates to the Klopp Template? Also, is the Klopp Template really the Liverpool template going forward? Is this the club identity. Having watched video of the great Liverpool teams of the 70s-80s I see some similarities to what Kloppo has created.  :wave

Also, will Marco be an answer for phasing out one of the senior players when he comes back from his loan in Germany? Will the game against Villa, be more important for the young players than we realize? After all Trent took his chance with the first team and never looked back. Is that something that the players playing against Villa while the senior team is at the CWC  have to prove that they are capable of?

Statsbomb have discussed this a bit on podcasts over the past few months. Henderson, Lallana, Milner aren't an issue in my view. We have Fabinho, Ox, Keita who are all lots younger and we have youngsters who will hopefully come through. e.g. Mako and Curtis Jones. Gini is also a little younger than Henderson, Lallana and Milner. The bigger thing going forwards will be Firmino (28, 29 in Oct), Mane (27, 28 in April) and Salah (27, 28 in June) who are of a very similar age. Hopefully recent success means we're rich enough to be able to bring in long term replacements without selling first. I expect that means we'll be looking to buy for one of the front 3 positions this summer although we could probably afford to wait another season. After all Firmino won't be 30 till 2021. If we do need to sell to buy an Mbappe level player (cost wise), and Klopp wants to this summer is probably the perfect time to do it given how old the 3 of them will be. I would only ever do it if it were literally Mbappe we were going to get. He's worth all the monies.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2019, 05:38:12 pm by Knight »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3941 on: December 6, 2019, 05:37:15 pm »
Love that photo  :) Never has a coach been more deserving of getting his hands on that trophy.
You're absolutely right

Look at the faces on those that didn't even play, remarkable stuff

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3942 on: December 7, 2019, 02:22:42 am »
We were all excited when Klopp was appointed Oct 2015. He has now exceeded all expectations. He is everything that we asked for and much, much more. From the depths of 6-1 humiliation at Stoke to one of the most if not the most feared football club in the world in 4 years is just absolutely out of this world.

Not that long ago however, he was accused of being merely a cheerleader manager and not much of a tactician. The only thing that he knows is gegenpressing and nothing else. How wrong were/are they. Klopp is such a progressive head coach that his team continue to make incremental improvements year by year and we are never the same. When opposing managers/head coaches thought that they have figured us out, we step up to the next level

Our tactical flexibility I believe is our biggest weapon this season. With the many versatile players that we have - we can make subtle changes that more often than not caught the opposing teams off guard. Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Ox, Shaqiri, Lallana, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane and Origi are so versatile that Klopp can use them in so many different ways to hurt our opponent

We smashed Everton 5-2 but the greatest satisfaction was the fact that we caught them by surprised with our first XI and tactical flexibility that they didn't even know what hit them until it's too late. The loudest takeaway message post game was - this Liverpool team is more dangerous that what people were let on. No Alisson, no Fabinho, no Henderson, no Salah, no Firmino, no problem. If they did not get it when we crushed Barcelona 4-0, now they do

Thanks Jurgen. You're the greatest!

« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 02:24:38 am by MNAA »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3943 on: December 8, 2019, 10:42:56 pm »
Is it just me, or are we playing a lot more very effective long balls/balls over the top to the forwards in our last few matches?

It's almost like Klopp has developed a Plan C to:

a) surprise other teams
b) conserve our energy
c) make us more unpredictable/versatile in attack
d) troll other teams and managers hahaha

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3944 on: December 8, 2019, 10:45:28 pm »
We were all excited when Klopp was appointed Oct 2015. He has now exceeded all expectations. He is everything that we asked for and much, much more. From the depths of 6-1 humiliation at Stoke to one of the most if not the most feared football club in the world in 4 years is just absolutely out of this world.

Not that long ago however, he was accused of being merely a cheerleader manager and not much of a tactician. The only thing that he knows is gegenpressing and nothing else. How wrong were/are they. Klopp is such a progressive head coach that his team continue to make incremental improvements year by year and we are never the same. When opposing managers/head coaches thought that they have figured us out, we step up to the next level

Our tactical flexibility I believe is our biggest weapon this season. With the many versatile players that we have - we can make subtle changes that more often than not caught the opposing teams off guard. Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Ox, Shaqiri, Lallana, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane and Origi are so versatile that Klopp can use them in so many different ways to hurt our opponent

We smashed Everton 5-2 but the greatest satisfaction was the fact that we caught them by surprised with our first XI and tactical flexibility that they didn't even know what hit them until it's too late. The loudest takeaway message post game was - this Liverpool team is more dangerous that what people were let on. No Alisson, no Fabinho, no Henderson, no Salah, no Firmino, no problem. If they did not get it when we crushed Barcelona 4-0, now they do

Thanks Jurgen. You're the greatest!
Great post.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3945 on: December 8, 2019, 11:00:25 pm »
Is it just me, or are we playing a lot more very effective long balls/balls over the top to the forwards in our last few matches?

a) surprise other teams
b) conserve our energy

We have always gone long though. The difference for me has been two fold. Firstly teams have realised that a low block no longer works against us plus we have come up against teams that try to press.

The easiest way to beat a press is the ball over the top.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3946 on: December 8, 2019, 11:34:54 pm »
We have always gone long though.
Have we? As a consistent pattern of our play leading to goals?

For most of our matches under Klopp we've been a really beautifully, intense team to watch. And most of our goals have come about not via long balls. Hence my observation and question..

That's the antithesis of long ball footy, no?

(I'm not saying that Trent's raking crossfield passes to a forward aren't beautiful :)  )

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #3947 on: December 9, 2019, 12:54:20 am »

a) surprise other teams
b) conserve our energy

Could be that because our fullbacks play with such width, if teams don't press then we control the game with greater possession. When teams do decide to get something from the game they have to press from midfield to apply enough pressure to force a turnover. Playing the long ball avoids the press and turns the midfield around, giving us the opportunity to counter attack if the ball is good enough. Also puts indecision into "do we press or not" making it less effective.

We are becoming such a complete side, able to adapt our game to different scenarios. Love it.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3948 on: December 9, 2019, 01:20:23 am »
Have we? As a consistent pattern of our play leading to goals?

For most of our matches under Klopp we've been a really beautifully, intense team to watch. And most of our goals have come about not via long balls. Hence my observation and question..

That's the antithesis of long ball footy, no?

(I'm not saying that Trent's raking crossfield passes to a forward aren't beautiful :)  )

You can only press when the opposition have the ball. We use Mo as the outlet knock it long and then work our socks off to win the second ball. The key to geggen pressing is exploiting those few seconds when a defence is in transition.

The way we play is all about triggers. Teams used to sit off but there is now a trend towards team trying to press. In the last few games we have had long passes come off but it isn't about that. The long pass is a trigger that means our midfield pushes up to win the second ball.

Teams want to drop off and get organised. They want us to play a slow sideways kind of possession.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3949 on: December 9, 2019, 01:25:35 am »
Could be that because our fullbacks play with such width, if teams don't press then we control the game with greater possession. When teams do decide to get something from the game they have to press from midfield to apply enough pressure to force a turnover. Playing the long ball avoids the press and turns the midfield around, giving us the opportunity to counter attack if the ball is good enough. Also puts indecision into "do we press or not" making it less effective.

We are becoming such a complete side, able to adapt our game to different scenarios. Love it.

Tactically It is from the Guardiola book off coaching. Take risks play the ball around suck the opposition in and then go for the big switch. Talk about Xabi Alonso at Bayern.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3950 on: December 9, 2019, 11:08:02 am »
we are definitely conserving more energy DURING games....took a while to get used to but may be a reason why sometimes we knock off and concede.

Think with the fact this squad is so well drilled in what he wants from every position we are better able to spend more time finding ways to dismantle teams that we face on a weekly basis. The issues at the back will settle once we are out of this hectic period.

Everything else is 2nd nature, just know how to go for the kill then control. Formidable team.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3951 on: December 9, 2019, 11:20:57 am »
Last two games without Henderson as an 8 there's been more variety, penetration through the middle thus less focus on our fullbacks to provide all of creativity and passes into front 3.

Cutting through the middle in order to get the ball to Bobby between the lines is always gonna be more beneficial to how we were built as a team rather than focus solely on crosses from our fullbacks. This variety imo will allow us to beat poor teams much easier as we've seen in the last two games with 8 goals scored.

The notion that our AMs should be absolved of their responsibilities in the final third because they have to cover the fullbacks was always a joke.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3952 on: December 9, 2019, 12:14:10 pm »
Yeah I read that a few times a few weeks ago.

I did the obligatory YouTube scouting soon after reading that,he is such a good ball carrier, eats yards running with the ball so effortlessly.

Reminds me a bit of that Serbian CM at Lazio, same skill set.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3953 on: December 9, 2019, 01:08:04 pm »

I did the obligatory YouTube scouting soon after reading that,he is such a good ball carrier, eats yards running with the ball so effortlessly.

Only downside is that I see Grujic as a similar midfielder and I'd love to have him back.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3954 on: December 9, 2019, 01:09:42 pm »
Last two games without Henderson as an 8 there's been more variety, penetration through the middle thus less focus on our fullbacks to provide all of creativity and passes into front 3.

Cutting through the middle in order to get the ball to Bobby between the lines is always gonna be more beneficial to how we were built as a team rather than focus solely on crosses from our fullbacks. This variety imo will allow us to beat poor teams much easier as we've seen in the last two games with 8 goals scored.

The notion that our AMs should be absolved of their responsibilities in the final third because they have to cover the fullbacks was always a joke.

We needed that because we had 2 AMs who were both long term injured or regularly injured. I think this indicates that Klopp will put some reliance on Ox and Keita, as he didn't want to replace their function while they were out, but preferred to change our style instead while we waited for them to be ready. Ox and Keita may well be our preferred option when everyone is fit, and that may be why we're not so bothered about style for style replacements for Trent and Robertson.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: December 9, 2019, 01:11:15 pm »

One of our journos said that we're definitely not interested in Berge, that Grujic was the same kind of player and was better and already ours.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: December 9, 2019, 01:24:15 pm »
Over the weekend in Brazil we've been linked to a young Brazilian forward Evanilson. He plays for Fluminese.  I could see it if Brewster is going out on loan for playing time.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3957 on: December 9, 2019, 02:58:27 pm »
Over the weekend in Brazil we've been linked to a young Brazilian forward Evanilson. He plays for Fluminese.  I could see it if Brewster is going out on loan for playing time.
It seems unlikely he'd get a permit especially since we're looking to get him for free. If there's anything in the story we probably see it as a chance to make some money by loaning him out and selling him if he kicks on a bit.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3958 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:26 am »
He's made us possibly the best team in world football with an average yearly net spend less than the value of Domonic Solanke.

It's fucking mental. Absolutely incredible, not arsed, Klopp's the greatest of all time.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3959 on: December 11, 2019, 01:00:41 pm »
See the MNF video with Rafa and Carragher? Rafa, when asked how to counteract/beat Liverpool, pretty much describes Ancelotti's set up in the Napoli games.

Regain the ball, pass away from typical direction of press, then receiver looking to work a pass forward/switch diagonally into space behind the advanced full backs. (After which he says it's all good in theory but Liverpool are that good that it's almost impossible to do.)

https://youtu.be/VNTMcqja-yE
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:02:13 pm by royhendohohohoho! »