Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1092266 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: The Klopp Template - Are we getting closer?
« Reply #1560 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:52 pm »
He probably didn't think it was worth gambling on the ref knowing the rules.

Especially as that looks like an American high school game, and those rules are slightly different :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1561 on: August 28, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
Especially as that looks like an American high school game, and those rules are slightly different :D
I disagree. Now if you had said, 'especially as it's a Premiership game....'
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: August 28, 2018, 12:45:50 pm »
He probably didn't think it was worth gambling on the ref knowing the rules.

Oh right, I was going to say maybe Anthony Taylor was the ref.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: August 28, 2018, 12:52:26 pm »

Not surprised, given this is their opinion on football:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UOCOFJSGbZE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UOCOFJSGbZE</a>

:P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: August 28, 2018, 07:48:48 pm »
Looking at the statistics after 3 games we have the created the most chances and given up the least in the league.  From a rolling xGA average our defense is now at an elite level and one of the best in Europe.  The only real difference between us and ManC, Barca, RM and Bayern is they all create on average a chance more a game.  Not sure if we can bridge that gap over an entire season without another elite attacker but so far I think everything is going about as well as can be expected and is continuing right off from last season.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:21 pm »
Looking at the statistics after 3 games we have the created the most chances and given up the least in the league.  From a rolling xGA average our defense is now at an elite level and one of the best in Europe.  The only real difference between us and ManC, Barca, RM and Bayern is they all create on average a chance more a game.  Not sure if we can bridge that gap over an entire season without another elite attacker but so far I think everything is going about as well as can be expected and is continuing right off from last season.

We're definitely not going to be "the entertainers", in terms of chances.

But a bit more functional play might see us win the trophy we've been missing out on for the past three years for our efforts.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1566 on: August 28, 2018, 08:19:30 pm »
Or this :D

The defending players deserves this and a yellow for standing there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: August 28, 2018, 09:29:07 pm »
We're definitely not going to be "the entertainers", in terms of chances.

But a bit more functional play might see us win the trophy we've been missing out on for the past three years for our efforts.

From week to week, no.  Obviously we'll have games were we are.  Granted I think we'd do well in a tie with any of those even if we weren't favored.  I can see a path forward to where we could get there though.  Would require some luck but identifying one more attacking player at the level of our front 3 would probably push us just about there.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1568 on: August 28, 2018, 10:25:05 pm »
I've been looking at opponent forums from the start of this season as I did sporadically in previous years and there's a noticeable change in tone in their pre-match threads against us, wherein most rival fans now see games against us as a loss even before it starts. Compared to previous years where you'd still see that little optimism wherein they'd highlight our poor back 5, it now seems to be pretty unanimous that any points taken off us is a bonus. Even when they are at home, there seems to be this forgone conclusion attitude which I am starting to see among them.

There's been a lot of talk of how teams were beat before City even played them last season and I am starting to see the evidence that we're starting to get that same expression out which is a positive. We just have to make sure we don't let this image go away in a hurry. *knocks on wood*

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:42 pm »
It's three games in, we haven't hit the ground running in terms of how we can play either. That's the encouraging bit for me. Our front three despite doing the business haven't really been at the races like we know they can be. I thi k when we beat Brighton that may have been a draw or defeat last season. Things are looking good but one step at a time. For me beating Leicester is another must win on the road to what we wish to achieve. It's early days but the signs are good, grinding out wins when we aren't at our best has never really been our Forte for many a year.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1570 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:10 pm »
I've been looking at opponent forums from the start of this season as I did sporadically in previous years and there's a noticeable change in tone in their pre-match threads against us, wherein most rival fans now see games against us as a loss even before it starts. Compared to previous years where you'd still see that little optimism wherein they'd highlight our poor back 5, it now seems to be pretty unanimous that any points taken off us is a bonus. Even when they are at home, there seems to be this forgone conclusion attitude which I am starting to see among them.

There's been a lot of talk of how teams were beat before City even played them last season and I am starting to see the evidence that we're starting to get that same expression out which is a positive. We just have to make sure we don't let this image go away in a hurry. *knocks on wood*

shows how little opposing teams fans tend to take of other teams I guess, being as we've not had a poor back five for a long long time  ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:33 am »
From week to week, no.  Obviously we'll have games were we are.  Granted I think we'd do well in a tie with any of those even if we weren't favored.  I can see a path forward to where we could get there though.  Would require some luck but identifying one more attacking player at the level of our front 3 would probably push us just about there.

You're almost certainly correct. I'd take functional attack for now though, if it gets us a trophy at the end of it.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: August 29, 2018, 05:51:42 am »
You're almost certainly correct. I'd take functional attack for now though, if it gets us a trophy at the end of it.

Maybe I'm inferring but are you saying our attack isn't functional now?  Outside of the 4 I've listed there's nobody outside of PSG, who on a rolling basis we're basically even with, that outperforms us on a consistent basis based on last year and the first 3 games this year.  Again we've actually created more than ManC at this point in some models who haven't exactly played a murderers row of defenses to start the year.  Unless something changes we're just barely below the best in the world.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: August 29, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »
Here's our rolling 10 game goals against average.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: August 29, 2018, 07:03:25 pm »
Maybe I'm inferring but are you saying our attack isn't functional now?  Outside of the 4 I've listed there's nobody outside of PSG, who on a rolling basis we're basically even with, that outperforms us on a consistent basis based on last year and the first 3 games this year.  Again we've actually created more than ManC at this point in some models who haven't exactly played a murderers row of defenses to start the year.  Unless something changes we're just barely below the best in the world.

Sorry, my fault.

"Functional" as in "not flashy, but efficient, free of tricks and done with the objective in mind as opposed to entertainment value"

I didn't mean that it's not "functioning"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1575 on: August 29, 2018, 07:22:59 pm »
Sorry, my fault.

"Functional" as in "not flashy, but efficient, free of tricks and done with the objective in mind as opposed to entertainment value"

I didn't mean that it's not "functioning"

Back away from the Charles Hughes, edge a tiny bit closer to the Cruyff, just a tiny bit...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: August 29, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »
Back away from the Charles Hughes, edge a tiny bit closer to the Cruyff, just a tiny bit...

Lol

I don't think we're going to go THAT far to the dark side :D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1577 on: August 30, 2018, 12:23:31 am »
We bought a CB and a GK at world record fees and the avg cost of our back 5 is ~30m.

That’s pretty incredible and shows the value of the academy.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: August 30, 2018, 12:35:39 pm »
I’ve just been reading that we’ve employed a throw-in coach. Klopp is really drilling down on the small details and possible gains. A quick, accurate, long throw-in with our attack could do some damage.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1579 on: August 30, 2018, 12:58:25 pm »
Lol

I don't think we're going to go THAT far to the dark side :D

Do you think that we are seeing a shift to a more pragmatic style under Klopp?
Or is it more that we are playing the way he always wanted to play, but because by and large we have better players, there are fewer individual errors?

There's been games over the last few seasons that should have been the type of perfunctory 1 or 2 nil wins that Utd. used to play out under Ferguson. We got 1 or 2 up then individual errors would see us pegged back for a draw or even defeat.

Personally I'd like to see us playing out a few more of these before I'm totally convinced, but there has certainly been an improvement post Van Dijk and hopefully the remaining blips can be ironed out by a combination of a better keeper and deeper squad.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1580 on: August 30, 2018, 01:20:38 pm »
I think were a highest quality number 10 and a captain, a true captains, captain away from being the completly finished article.I believe have captain with real presence stops Ramos from running rampant in the CL final, Slah and Karius and not confronted by anyone, Maldini wouldnt have copped it, nor Gerrard, I like Jordan but imo he doesnt have the presence to be the captain we need. Hopefully shakiri can be that 10.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:26 am »
In not at all surprising news, Klopp's been nominated for MotM. :)

Jürgen Klopp has been nominated for the Premier League Manager of the Month award for August.

The boss guided Liverpool to three victories in their opening trio of fixtures of 2018-19, with seven goals scored and zero conceded.

The Reds began the campaign with an emphatic 4-0 Anfield win over West Ham United before a 2-0 success against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.

Last time out, Mohamed Salah’s first-half goal secured the three points in a 1-0 triumph over Brighton & Hove Albion.

Klopp faces competition from Javi Gracia (Watford), Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham Hotspur) and Maurizio Sarri (Chelsea) for the award.

You can help the Reds boss win the prize by casting a vote for him here -
http://preml.ge/barclaysmotmaug18

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/314274-jurgen-klopp-premier-league-manager-of-the-month?__twitter_impression=true

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: August 31, 2018, 11:34:21 am »
Can't be anyone else really unless they give it to the Watford gaffer
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: August 31, 2018, 11:44:25 am »
Watford manager should get it. Much more of an achievement to get 3 wins on the bounce with the resources at his disposal compared with the others.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: August 31, 2018, 11:44:50 am »
Watford manager should get it. Much more of an achievement to get 3 wins on the bounce with the resources at his disposal compared with the others.
they can give it to him next week to avoid the curse

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: August 31, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
they can give it to him next week to avoid the curse

Damn it. You've sussed me out good and proper  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1586 on: August 31, 2018, 11:49:46 am »
Watford coach would get it you'd think, but it's done by vote, so....

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1587 on: August 31, 2018, 12:00:17 pm »
I presume the Watford manager works at a club that employs a mascot...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »
Can't be anyone else really unless they give it to the Watford gaffer

Yeah, I think the Watford coach has done brilliantly so far so he's likely to win it. Klopp will almost certainly win it a few times this season.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: August 31, 2018, 12:06:11 pm »
Damn it. You've sussed me out good and proper  ;D
thats why I’ve voted poch ;)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: August 31, 2018, 01:05:27 pm »
Said mascot annoyed the gentlemanly Mr. Hodgson, so that will lose Watford a few votes. ;)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: August 31, 2018, 03:59:16 pm »
We've had a great start but it absolutely has to be Javi Gracia. 

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: August 31, 2018, 04:45:55 pm »
Can see a case for Sarri or Poch as their teams have won all games and also beat one of the usual top six.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: August 31, 2018, 05:04:35 pm »
I think Gracia will get it.

The other 3 managers will be up for this accolade more than once this season.

Hopefully Watford get 4 wins in a row this weekend.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: August 31, 2018, 05:10:47 pm »
Gracia should get it

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: August 31, 2018, 05:38:24 pm »
Surely has to be Mourinho

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1596 on: August 31, 2018, 06:36:05 pm »
Surely has to be Mourinho

Don't call him Shirley.

Respect...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: September 1, 2018, 01:43:19 am »

Silva?

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: September 1, 2018, 03:55:23 am »
Well deserved.
Believer

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1599 on: September 2, 2018, 08:48:17 am »
Will deserve it after 4 straight wins