Author Topic: Leicester 2-3 Liverpool (Salah 15' Cou 22' Okazaki 45+3' Henderson 66' Vardy 68)  (Read 75193 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Once more, my point is...if the ref was as biased/abysmal as people have said, then that would have been give
He was a c*nt mate, just because he missed a potential decision their way doesn't even it out in this case. He's poor at his job.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
Sturridge was good btw when he came on. Good assist and could have scored as well. Looked much better today than he did against Burnley
Agreed. Looking so much sharper and has upped his work rate. Was a good substitution earlier than usual.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
We won at Stoke under Rodgers 3 years ago with Migs saving a pen. We went on to have a decent season.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Btw Oddball...Robbie's left Take That
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
As well as the obvious shirt pulling from Morgan throughout the entire 90 minutes. We should have had at least 3 free kicks from those alone.

Morgan was dashing into Firmino 3 or 4 times, the ref was right in front, Morgan nicks the ball finall and he says play on??

It was utterly dreadful.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty straight forward comment I made, in context of the refs performance, quite obvious. If you need everything spoon feeding no worries, or just move on.  ;)
On this forum recently? You can never know. But petty response too? Appreciate it. ;)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That ref shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our games.

Made it hard but main thing is we got the points, much needed win.

We win/draw most of the time with him, though - http://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/anthony-taylor_2/liverpool-fc/4/ - although yes, he is shit.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant to get the 3 pts. Absolutely brilliant.

But we have to be honest, for most of that second half our defenders and midfield were crapping themselves for that majority. We just kept on hoofing the ball. There was no composure at all.

As a defensive unit we were more solid I thought but individually we are still making things difficult. Silly little passes to a player who is in a poor position to collect a pass, or turning into trouble like Moreno did a few times, Gomez is too young and rash and for a big lad loses too many headers for me. Not his fault as he is young and will learn.

If we could just sort the communication between the defence and midfield and stop shooting ourselves in the foot we will have a chance. But my god klopp needs to sort it out

Sure, we were under pressure and we hoofed it upfield. The game was played like Leicester wanted it. We can improve, but we found a way to win. That's positive. We threw away points to Watford and Burnley, but this time we didn't.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Taylor is absolutely incompetent, and that Shakespeare is a total and utter shithouse, so so glad to wipe that smugness off his fat fucking face, as for Vardy, cheating little rat.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Oh so petty response too. Two can play this game.  ;)

Strictly is on if you fancy a dance, that aside, not really sure what your point is? Full circle.  ;D

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care

.. and Graham Poll said that it wasn't offside.

So I think we know not to publish his silliness on RAWK again after today :)

Yes, the Poll who once booked a man 3 times, the problem is that the so called referee expert is never challenged. At least STEVE disagreed with him, but he was treated as biased.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Agree with Klopp that scrapping out the 3 points was better than other alternatives. Some good things in the game but a lot of the same stuff which is likely going to be there for the rest of the season too. I don't think we're creating enough good chances - nor scoring enough of the ones we do get - and, with the way we play and the personnel we've got, that's going to keep on killing us when someone like Coutinho isn't doing magic on the pitch. Good to get the points. Klopp and his staff continue to have thinking to do with how to balance what he wants from the team. Would be daft to imagine Klopp doesn't know this, he's pretty up front in his interviews about how performances differ from what he's wanting the team to do, so it is a work in progress still. 

As we won, I think I'm allowed to say that ref was fucking awful too. I don't mind so much if it's consistently bad from the ref, as both sides have to play around it, but takes the piss when the closest to a brave decision against the home crowd he made was to give Mignolet a yellow, rather than a red, for the penalty. Booking Lovren, for complaining that someone trying to get a piggyback off him was a foul and a penalty, was a particular highlight.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:08:55 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Oh Andy- do still want to bin Coutinho?? Saw all the away fans celebrating his goal. Strange that.

Yep. If he doesn't want to be here then sell him.

If he does want to be here then don't sell him.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline us_col

• Anny Roader
Just thankful for the three points.

We're a bit of a circus at times aren't we. After the second goal we never seemed to make anything like enough effort to control them game. That's where I
expect Henderson to show a lot more leadership - I just don't see him as a captain, despite his goal.

Mignolet is trying his hardest to be dropped it seems - and Lovern makes too many unforced errors. Can't wait to see them get replaced.

As a general point, I think Klopp waits too long to make some substitutions - Miller and Chamberlain helped steady a rocky midfield but should of come sooner.

Still - I can enjoy a win this weekend.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good, because he clearly does want to be here.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
people having a go at Oddball wind your fecking necks in.  He did the comms and whilst you might disagree with him basically calling him clueless is not on.  Maybe you'd like to do comms next game?

Cheers mate. Im quite happy to be corrected and amit when I m wrong, which I was on the offside. When you have people just banging on, its fucking annoying. When you have people like Clint and the other poster whos name escapes me right now (sorry) post stills it helps!

As you say, doing the comms, typing and watching is hard. Im not even facing my tv when Im typing in anyway because of how things are set up, so yes it is easy to miss things, but unlike many people, i'll happily hold my hands up when Im wrong.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
No need to be a dick about it.

Yet again I need to see it again as I was typing comms and watching at the same time.
Agreed and said that in the comms.
Which one? How about Cou a couple of times?
No he doesnt and Poll re re re watching has said it was a pen too.
I thought Matip gave some back, but can see how it can be our FK.
Poll has just said thats a pen too. Seen them gien seen them not given, Point is is the ref was biased/abysmal, he gives that too.
Not every time no, thats just being silly.
Hahaha, he gave as much back.

Just because he didn't make a different mistake doesn't absolve him of those he did. Or do you expect the rest of us to say, "kudos you fluked a few decisions at least"? He was utterly dreadful. End of.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strictly is on if you fancy a dance, that aside, not really sure what your point is? Full circle.  ;D
You like dancing too?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Just thankful for the three points.

We're a bit of a circus at times aren't we. After the second goal we never seemed to make anything like enough effort to control them game. That's where I
expect Henderson to show a lot more leadership - I just don't see him as a captain, despite his goal.

Mignolet is trying his hardest to be dropped it seems - and Lovern makes too many unforced errors. Can't wait to see them get replaced.

As a general point, I think Klopp waits too long to make some substitutions - Miller and Chamberlain helped steady a rocky midfield but should of come sooner.

Still - I can enjoy a win this weekend.

Yep can't emphasis this enough. The 3 points were very much needed. Now let's go on and smash Spartak!!
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I also hate all the ex-referees (Poll, Webb) coming on and always, fucking always, defending the ref (unless its CL, then the foreign Johnny ref is always wrong). And why do so many of them look like they have been slathering on the fake tan? All Poll needed to finish his look was inch thick gold necklace and a fistful of sovereign rings.
They drive me bonkers mate, don't take Poll seriously. Can nearly did his back in trying to bend to head it awkwardly. I can't see him moving his arm to the ball like Hoddle suggested either. All pricks.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Sturridge was good btw when he came on. Good assist and could have scored as well. Looked much better today than he did against Burnley

Yeah very, very pleased with him. He showed a mature head, gave them something to think about and helped bring 2 or 3 of their players back and take the pressure off the other end.

Very adult, composed performance from him. I was kind of thinking we should get rid, but if he can do this kind of thing when we need it, he'll turn into a cracking squad player you can rely on - like Milner when he came on - some nice little tackles, bit of feigned injury, annoying them, putting them off their pace.

Good to see from both of the lads.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
He was a c*nt mate, just because he missed a potential decision their way doesn't even it out in this case. He's poor at his job.

Fair do mate. Im trying to do 2 things at once so must have missed things. Well I did, I missed the offside :lmao
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

hahahhahahahahhaha...that proper made me lol ;D

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
He's not good enough.

According to some absolute fuckers here.
The problem with Henderson is that at the very highest level he is not good enough. He's big-hearted and an important player to have on the pitch against, say, Leicester, Southampton, West brom, etc. The middle to bottom tier where he is quick enougha nd strong enough to dominate, But against the top sides he struggles to stay in the game, it tends to bypass him a lot. But that's fine, you are always happy to see him in 75% of games. You just wish there was an alternative to him for the games where more quality is needed. The other issue is that Can and Wijnaldum are not any better, so when midfield struggles all three look out of their depth, with no alternatives to bring on. That's why Lallana is such a big miss, he might be less disciplined than Henderson, but he has a more energetic and dynamic style of play that offers a useful counterpoint to Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You like dancing too?
[/quote

Blimey, you're just too forward. I'm a lady.

And you are a little odd...

;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Gerrard too thinks Can handball was a pen!
Mate, I don't give two fucks. I judge it by what my eyes see and the potential of intent.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Yea seen it now mate. I was about 3 pages behind.

Here you go mate, news just in..

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep can't emphasis this enough. The 3 points were very much needed. Now let's go on and smash Spartak!!

Yeah, they're the most important thing to take from this game for us as fans. I think for the team, this kind of close result where they could have snatched a point in the dying minutes but didn't is very important because we took the lead and saw the game out. It could so easily have been 3-3 on another day, but today it was 3-2 to us and we go home happy.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
Sturridge played the Hendo goal perfectly. I thought he was going to go himself and shoot but he made the correct decision unlike the Burnley game when Coutinho, Salah and Daniel were making the wrong decisions and just shooting when other teamates were in better positions.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
They drive me bonkers mate, don't take Poll seriously. Can nearly did his back in trying to bend to head it awkwardly. I can't see him moving his arm to the ball like Hoddle suggested either. All pricks.

I thought I was taking crazy pills when he said Can's was a penalty because his arm made a movement towards the ball. Mignolet's is fair enough but no way was Emre's anything other than not a penalty.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Love the crazy Reds, love getting the three points, not so crazy about the bottle of wine these mad bastards are making me drink after a game to cope with the stress.

Fucking ballsy win. Not at our best, a bit all over the place at times but the better side and a great away win. Nearly broke the record for the standing high jump for Migs's spot kick save.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan

Good- you are changing your thinking. He is here for this season at the very least. Enjoy him and his quality because we need him.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Relieved and delighted with the three points but fuck me, what a ridiculous game of football. 2-0 up, 3-1 up, and we ended up needing a penalty save to take the points. My heartrate is just about returning to normal.

Mignolet's game there sums up Liverpool's last 3 years. From outstanding brilliance to utter mediocrity and back again in the blink of an eye.

I said at the start of the game that any win would do and it is a huge boost for us to have gotten over the line. At 3-2 I think most of us felt that there was an inevitable equaliser incoming, even after the penalty. To hold on is important. But by christ, we need to sort this defending out, and just as importantly the midfield needs to learn how to control a game and settle things down. We sit back when we have a 2 goal lead and try to soak up pressure, but with our defence we can't do so without conceding. We need to get on the ball and close games out properly. If that pen went in then the mood would be very different this evening, the ground would've been rocking and we'd have done well to escape with a point.

I'm opening myself up to criticism here, I know, but as important as the result was there is a huge amount to work on.

Mane coming back in is a huge boost for our attacking game, having him and Coutinho back at the same time is a mouthwatering prospect and you'd fancy us to smash a few in at Newcastle next week. Coutinho's two moments of brilliance show what a huge player he can still be for us this season. I'd also like to comment on Salah, what a signing he looks. He misses plenty of chances too but his numbers so far this season have been outrageous and it doesn't seem to be a blip; if anything as time goes on his finishing should improve and he could end up bagging strikers numbers by the end of the season. Also, Sturridge and Chamberlain had very good little cameos. Sturridge is effortlessly brilliant, and Chamberlain really showed his pace and power at times and nearly got an assist for himself after sliding Gini in. I've been critical of Klopp's subs but those two did very well when called upon today.

All in all, a very good 3 points, a heart attack inducing performance, and we go on to a huge night in Moscow in midweek. The big games keep rolling in!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers mate. Im quite happy to be corrected and amit when I m wrong, which I was on the offside. When you have people just banging on, its fucking annoying. When you have people like Clint and the other poster whos name escapes me right now (sorry) post stills it helps!

As you say, doing the comms, typing and watching is hard. Im not even facing my tv when Im typing in anyway because of how things are set up, so yes it is easy to miss things, but unlike many people, i'll happily hold my hands up when Im wrong.

That's fair enough but surely in that case its not the best idea to make claims about the game basically saying people that watched the game with their full attention and had the benefit of seeing all of the replays are wrong, if you weren't afforded the same opportunity due to typing during some of the stuff

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
Vardy is a cheating snide twat, Leicester are fucking old Stoke in disguise...and I am fucking delighted we have beaten these, fucking fake football team.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Mate, I don't give two fucks. I judge it by what my eyes see and the potential of intent.

It was more the fact that other people were saying it. All I was saying is that if the ref was biased/abysmal as some had said, then he'd have give it. Dont think I have said whether I thought it was a pen or not!! :)

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
Had me nervous as anything, but psychologically I think that's a really good result for us. Yes, we still have defence problems. And yes, we're not decisive enough in attack. But to show a bit of style in front of goal, to show the grit to see the game out, to get that penalty save, that's a solid foundation to push on.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Momofucking Salah. 6 goals already.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Good- you are changing your thinking. He is here for this season at the very least. Enjoy him and his quality because we need him.

Agree mate. Still don't think he's our most important player. But he works very well with those we have. We're very gifted up front and in attack thesedays.

Some of the movement and understanding and trickery was lovely to see today and we've got Mané and Lallana to come back as well.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

Here you go mate, news just in..

#irony

Slightly behind there Andy :D