Author Topic: Owlez, Owlez, Owlez - The Roy Hodgson Appreciation Thread.  (Read 261576 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: ''What do you mean do my methods translate?'' - The Roy Hodgson Thread
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2017, 01:45:48 pm »
Must be gutted that Pennant & Konchesky are signed up to Billeracy .
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2017, 04:51:10 pm »
Palace are now the second team in the PL era to have lost their opening seven games. The other was Portsmouth in 09/10, who started the season with a nine point deficit after being placed in administration. They're still the only side to go their first seven games without scoring

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »
All smiles after watching his team lose 4-0.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2017, 04:52:17 pm »
All smiles after watching his team lose 4-0.

Was gonna say the same. Saw him grinning as he shook Valencia's hand at the end.  :o
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2017, 04:56:41 pm »
What an absolute c*nt of a manager

If the Palace fans had any sense they’d be all over the owner to sack the useless mouse hunting bastard
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2017, 04:57:58 pm »
I cant wait to hear him hail the performance and the honour of playing at the home of "Sir Alex". He's a spineless shithouse, the same as he's always been.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »
Upcoming fixtures - Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs, Everton, Stoke, Brighton, West Brom. It's not inconceivable that they might not get a sniff of a goal until they get Bournemouth at home on 9th December. Is it also not entirely obvious now that the owl is the worst ever Premier League manager?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
Loss, draw, draw, loss, win, loss, draw, loss

6 from 24 I reckon.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:39 pm »
Shocking that he stands there smiling, when he's seen his side lose 4-0. I wonder if the Palace fans are already beginning to see the light about their new manager yet?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2017, 05:11:02 pm »
Not only smiling and acting like best pals with that prat, he basically wrote his own team off before the game by saying at least he won't have to play both Manchester teams in the next few weeks. Infuriating that watching that game reminded me how small time he is, and was with us.
Ye wha la.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2017, 05:20:30 pm »
Upcoming fixtures - Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Spurs, Everton, Stoke, Brighton, West Brom. It's not inconceivable that they might not get a sniff of a goal until they get Bournemouth at home on 9th December. Is it also not entirely obvious now that the owl is the worst ever Premier League manager?
Loss, draw, draw, loss, win, loss, draw, loss

6 from 24 I reckon.

I'll go

L L L L D L W D

5 from 24.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2017, 05:28:06 pm »
Not seen his post match interview but I can pretty much guess his comments:

"Credit where credit is due.  Manchester United ran out worthy winners; it's what you can expect from a quality manager like Jose Mourhino.  It was a fine win for them.  They played some outstanding football today and left us chasing shadows.  But that's United for you.

"For ourselves, it just highlights how much work we still have to do.  The team is in a very difficult place, but I'm not terribly disappointed by this result.  The first few games were always going to be a mountain to climb, and I took the job with that understanding in mind.  We still have time to build a match winning side and get some points on the board.

"I see many areas for improvement and I think we have a lot of potential here. I wouldn't have taken the job if I didn't think we could avoid relegation, so there's no need to panic yet.  The goals will come soon enough - the fans just need to show a little bit of patience and have some faith.  I'd say top 12 could well be within reach."
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2017, 05:30:12 pm »
Roy Hodgson

"That is the best performance that you will see from a Palace side. The boys have done very, very well. But you must understand that we have faced a juggernaut of the game today and the best manager to ever grace football after Mr. Ferguson. I said to the boys before we came out that if we can keep the opposition goals to under 7 or 8 then we've done enough to be very proud. I beamed at them in the changing room afterwards and the mood was very, very good. They know they've done well against such a formidable club."
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2017, 05:32:27 pm »
Roy Hodgson

"That is the best performance that you will see from a Palace side. The boys have done very, very well. But you must understand that we have faced a juggernaut of the game today and the best manager to ever grace football after Mr. Ferguson. I said to the boys before we came out that if we can keep the opposition goals to under 7 or 8 then we've done enough to be very proud. I beamed at them in the changing room afterwards and the mood was very, very good. They know they've done well against such a formidable club."
I’ve got to be honest, I didn’t know that was a joke until it got to 7 or 8
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2017, 05:54:58 pm »
I’ve got to be honest, I didn’t know that was a joke until it got to 7 or 8
It's a joke? I'm still googling to find a link to the interview. I want to hear more.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2017, 05:58:48 pm »
He fucking steadied that ship. It's sinking with such grace and balance.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2017, 06:05:37 pm »
Dozy old shithead has got a slate loose     :lickin

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2017, 06:11:23 pm »
Not seen his post match interview but I can pretty much guess his comments:

"Credit where credit is due.  Manchester United ran out worthy winners; it's what you can expect from a quality manager like Jose Mourhino.  It was a fine win for them.  They played some outstanding football today and left us chasing shadows.  But that's United for you.

"For ourselves, it just highlights how much work we still have to do.  The team is in a very difficult place, but I'm not terribly disappointed by this result.  The first few games were always going to be a mountain to climb, and I took the job with that understanding in mind.  We still have time to build a match winning side and get some points on the board.

"I see many areas for improvement and I think we have a lot of potential here. I wouldn't have taken the job if I didn't think we could avoid relegation, so there's no need to panic yet.  The goals will come soon enough - the fans just need to show a little bit of patience and have some faith.  I'd say top 12 could well be within reach."
Roy Hodgson

Almost spot on lads.   ;D  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41454580

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
Only Hodgson could take over a team that hadn't scored in their first 4 games and make them worse ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 30, 2017, 06:17:55 pm »
They should bring Frank De Boer back

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #300 on: September 30, 2017, 06:21:34 pm »
Hate this fucker, worse than useless.  He doesn't give a shit though he's earning a fortune for failing time after time.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #302 on: September 30, 2017, 07:42:32 pm »
His interview is up on the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41370357

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 30, 2017, 07:49:53 pm »
Only Hodgson could take over a team that hadn't scored in their first 4 games and make them worse ;D

Fucking right!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »
His interview is up on the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41370357

Hodgson's worked hard - you can see that from the shape of their team - but they had a terrible start and their heads dropped.
- Chris Waddle

If a teams shape looks good = they worked hard. He has taught 11 men how to stand near each other. What more can he do? I mean if that doesn't stop teams scoring I don't know what will.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2017, 07:52:33 pm »
"No team in 129 years of the Football League had ever lost their first six league games without scoring - until Palace reached that landmark last week. That record is now extended to seven matches."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #306 on: September 30, 2017, 07:55:41 pm »
Fraud.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2017, 07:56:40 pm »
He's a fucking fraud and a job thief.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2017, 07:59:46 pm »
He could hardly have been more respectful of Mourinho, just pathetic. Teams who get new managers usually at least manage a couple of good performances, but you look at Palace and think they're done already. Great decision this you idiots.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #310 on: September 30, 2017, 08:06:16 pm »
Palace are now the second team in the PL era to have lost their opening seven games. The other was Portsmouth in 09/10, who started the season with a nine point deficit after being placed in administration. They're still the only side to go their first seven games without scoring
I was chuckling away at that, until I got to this:
"No team in 129 years of the Football League had ever lost their first six league games without scoring - until Palace reached that landmark last week. That record is now extended to seven matches."
and realised it was utterly, massively understated.  To put it in its proper context, that's getting on for 10,000 league seasons played and Palace's, so far, is out on its own as the worst out of all of them.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #311 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:53 pm »
Roy Hodgson

thought they were playing yernited not Northampton Town
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #312 on: September 30, 2017, 08:22:12 pm »
He set the team up so well, such fantastic expectations, keep it under 7 or 8 let in and we've done well. Well done lads. No way is that how it works. What a fool

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:40 pm »
“I don’t want to criticise my players in any way, but we are taking a few blows to the chin,” the Crystal Palace manager said, as his team remain without either a goal or a victory. “We are without Zaha, Benteke and Loftus-Cheek and we lost Scott Dann the day before the game. We are playing with a winger from Wolves at centre-forward. Add all those things together and we have to accept we are the boxer fighting in a weight class he is not able to handle at the moment. We are taking the blows and getting knocked down, but we are attempting to respond and not stay on the canvas.”

“We are in a difficult situation but at least we know we are not going to have to play 38 games against City and United,” he said. “If we can stop the players doubting themselves too much then who knows, we might look back on this terrible spell and say it helped us build the character to stay in the league. The lessons we are learning at the moment could stand us in good stead later in the season.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/30/roy-hodgson-crystal-palace-jose-mourinho-marouane-fellaini-manchester-united

Classic Hodgson  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »
at this point they will keep him if they score every match and lose 5-1,6-1.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2017, 08:46:46 pm »
Owl is he still in a job?
Justice for the 96!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2017, 08:50:52 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/30/roy-hodgson-crystal-palace-jose-mourinho-marouane-fellaini-manchester-united

Classic Hodgson  ;D

Why? Why are you playing with a winger from Wolves as striker? What about Ladapo? He is on the bench. He's a striker. Use him. Or any other striker in the squad. You don't HAVE to pick that winger from Wolves. And why is the fact he is from Wolves important? Is it to demonstrate he isn't Premier League quality? Why denigrate your own players like that? Is it possible it's comments such as that which have your players doubting themselves? If you point out he isn't Premier League quality, logically he might feel out of his depth playing in the Premier League. In the wrong position as you also kindly pointed out, publicly. You twat!

Not to mention pointing out the entire team is in the wrong weight class. You have already effectively labelled them Championship level players - of course they fucking doubt themselves. Not least because now they have the tactical insights of an actual Owl trying to steer them through games. They are fucked. They already know it. You keep reminding of this at every opportunity.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2017, 08:57:11 pm »
Classic from the owl. "We are using a player from Wolves". The fuck has that got to do with anything you dinosaur?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2017, 09:07:50 pm »
He might want to take a look at where Wolves and Palace stand in the pyramid right now.  I mean if there's one player at Palace who's got a shot at being in the premier league next season ...