Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2964325 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8800 on: April 10, 2019, 06:31:11 pm »
Mo needs to stop being so nice. He should have gone down in the first half and Porto would have been down to 10 men. Right before that red-card worthy challenge he was pulled back as well, so he should have just stopped and asked for the foul.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8801 on: April 10, 2019, 06:31:25 pm »
"Its a little known subtext to the laws of the game that when a possible card infraction occurs, the referee will often determine if the recipient of the poor tackle had actually noticed that he was tackled and made some kind of a sincere noise in the "ow" genre. If the referee determines that the tackle was not sufficiently powerful to cause the recipient to actually notice it, he will often be reticent to issue a card."--made up bs quote, by me, just now.

It looks poor in a still but i think basically no force at all was applied and the ref said, Sod that, im just gonna give him the wildeyes, that'll haunt him for a lifetime better than any ever card would. 

Legbreaker buddy's saying. the guy just stood up and played on with no ill effects whatsoever.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8802 on: April 10, 2019, 06:33:30 pm »
Mo needs to stop being so nice. He should have gone down in the first half and Porto would have been down to 10 men. Right before that red-card worthy challenge he was pulled back as well, so he should have just stopped and asked for the foul.

Had he gone down in the first half they'd have accused him of being a diver all over again. He either goes down and gets condemned for it or he stays on his feet and the refs give him nothing. Whatever he does he can't win with some.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8803 on: April 10, 2019, 06:36:05 pm »
Had he gone down in the first half they'd have accused him of being a diver all over again. He either goes down and gets condemned for it or he stays on his feet and the refs give him nothing. Whatever he does he can't win with some.

Honestly, who cares. I'm fairly sure VAR would have reviewed it and the Porto player would have walked. It's the end of the season and we're firing on all cylinders so we could use every last bit of fortune we can get. Plus it'll all die down in a couple of weeks anyway when the season ends, so they can say whatever they'd like.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #8804 on: April 10, 2019, 06:43:24 pm »
The point Klopp made at the time and I agree with him was that the Burnley player wasn't in control espeically with the extra slippery conditions. Once he made contact he couldn't control what happened next and there was no way Gomez could do anything other than colllide into the hoardings. Sometimes you need to be a bit more cautious.

I understand. But as much as Klopp would like that to be the case, the letter of the law has to be applied, and in that respect, Mee didn't really do anything wrong (there is no provision for field conditions as a factor in contact in the LOTG).

Under the letter of the law here, Salah could justifiably have been sent off. But as Bobinhood points out, the Porto player didn't say "owie", so it's all good :)
Better looking than Samie.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8805 on: April 10, 2019, 06:52:27 pm »
I understand the point your making but I respectfully disagree. I just think they exaggerate everything to do with Salah, I suspect they want to drive him out of Liverpool altogether. It's the way the media are, the moment we are making progress. Look at the "diving" incidents before, pundits praying for Salah's soul while blatantly ignoring English players diving on a regular basis. There is never the same fuss about diving when a Kane, Ali or Sterling does it. But the whole world resounds with outrage when they accuse Salah of it.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #8806 on: April 10, 2019, 07:19:59 pm »
I thought it was a red when they showed the replay despite feeling there was no intent. Just worried with all the fuss Porto are making I can see Salah being on the end of some rough treatment out there.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8807 on: April 11, 2019, 01:38:47 am »
I thought it was a red when they showed the replay despite feeling there was no intent. Just worried with all the fuss Porto are making I can see Salah being on the end of some rough treatment out there.

Then that would be towards their detriment.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8808 on: April 11, 2019, 07:35:46 am »
It’s a red because it’s reckless endangerment of an opponent - it doesn’t matter what his intent is
He was honestly trying to get the ball but the result is the problem. Players can’t come over the ball like that
Luckily for us the law wasn’t applied - things are going our way at the moment

The ‘result’ was that the player the challenge was made upon didn’t flinch, which suggests that Salah did enough to mitigate endangerment to the opposition player. If he follows through with any type of force I think he’s off.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8809 on: April 11, 2019, 09:07:07 am »

Salah doesn't necessarily even have to start that game, we could quite conceivably do something different in that game what with being 2-0 up.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8810 on: April 11, 2019, 09:30:43 am »
I understand the point your making but I respectfully disagree. I just think they exaggerate everything to do with Salah, I suspect they want to drive him out of Liverpool altogether. It's the way the media are, the moment we are making progress. Look at the "diving" incidents before, pundits praying for Salah's soul while blatantly ignoring English players diving on a regular basis. There is never the same fuss about diving when a Kane, Ali or Sterling does it. But the whole world resounds with outrage when they accuse Salah of it.

We've had English players who, on occasions, would go down easily.

They didn't receive much media attention either. It's an British player versus non-British play thing in the media.

Look at the reaction to McTominay's dive last night.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8811 on: April 11, 2019, 09:41:28 am »
We've had English players who, on occasions, would go down easily.

They didn't receive much media attention either. It's an British player versus non-British play thing in the media.

Look at the reaction to McTominay's dive last night.

Yet Pogba and Fernandinho also get away with all kinds.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8812 on: April 11, 2019, 09:59:49 am »

On the pitch by referees?

Or off the pitch by the media?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8813 on: April 11, 2019, 11:21:15 am »

Please don't put other players in the same camp as Teflondinho

Can't remember seeing a player get away with so many fouls in a career relative to cards in my life watching football - he's either partially invisible to the naked eye or a legit genius

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8814 on: April 11, 2019, 10:12:28 pm »
I agree with bits of this Jill, it's like an operation Suarez apart from the controversies that Suarez gift wrapped for his detractors, which is why non diving and the tackle have been seized upon.

All I want is for our players and Liverpool in general to be treated fairly and consistently by refs, pundits and media, possibly governing bodies too relative to other clubs. I honestly don't know if it's a Liverpool thing, a foreigner thing or a bit of both. Equally, we are possibly victims of our popularity too, we are news, we are good for viewers and clicks, so this undoubtedly plays a part.

I've said it before, but we get leg breakers against us, they get brushed over, laughed off, excused "he's not that type of player" etc. We even go out of our way to defend them - Henderson and Barkley x 2. One of ours does anything at all and it's on a fucking loop on Sky for a week, every no mark talking head gets asked about it, Brexit debates in the Commons are postponed so Theresa fucking May can give her opinion......and then it's job done, not only does Mo have to get shot to get a pen, refs are scrutinising every tackle he makes - despite getting pulled back, kicked and manhandled every time he gets the ball.

And at the same time Ingurlands finest get a free pass.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8815 on: April 12, 2019, 08:36:49 am »
Just been reading about some Chelsea 'fans' getting banned from their game last night for singing Salah is a bomber.

I hope we belt out a few renditions on Sunday.

If he's good enough for you,
He's good enough for me,
If he scores another few then I'll be Muslim too,
He's good enough for me,
Then sitting in a mosque is where I wanna be...

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8816 on: April 12, 2019, 10:49:50 am »
Have not wanted him to score so much in a match.....really hope he is on fire on Sunday
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8817 on: April 12, 2019, 12:03:42 pm »
Have not wanted him to score so much in a match.....really hope he is on fire on Sunday

He's more than welcome to celebrate this time too, unlike last time when he had the grace not to, but they clearly didn't appreciate it so fuck 'em, shirt off and knee slide this time Mo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: April 12, 2019, 12:13:54 pm »

They want to drive him out of Liverpool? He is one of the main attention-grabbing footballers today. Like Kane and Sterling. Everything gets hyped - things are never as good, or as bad, as they report. But to imagine the media want him gone is crazy. I suggest you step away from your laptop for while.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: April 12, 2019, 01:40:46 pm »
They want to drive him out of Liverpool? He is one of the main attention-grabbing footballers today. Like Kane and Sterling. Everything gets hyped - things are never as good, or as bad, as they report. But to imagine the media want him gone is crazy. I suggest you step away from your laptop for while.

You tell me then, why is it when Kane or Ali dive they never go on about it to the same extent? Are you seriously saying had it been Kane leaving his foot in they would have had the same reaction to what they had with Salah? No way, everything is exaggerated just like it was with Suarez as well.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8820 on: April 12, 2019, 01:42:45 pm »
You tell me then, why is it when Kane or Ali dive they never go on about it to the same extent? Are you seriously saying had it been Kane leaving his foot in they would have had the same reaction to what they had with Salah? No way, everything is exaggerated just like it was with Suarez as well.

Because they're English. That's obvious. They also play for the national side, so of course the reaction is not going to be different. Whether it's right or wrong, but that's the case.

Remember Ronaldo after the Euro and the Rooney sending off  and what transpired after that?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: April 12, 2019, 01:45:18 pm »
Because they're English. That's obvious. They also play for the national side, so of course the reaction is not going to be different. Whether it's right or wrong, but that's the case.

Remember Ronaldo after the Euro and the Rooney sending off  and what transpired after that?

I don't give a toss about them playing for the national team. If these journalists are being honest about wanting diving banned from the game, they need to face the facts that English players dive as much as anyone. How likely do to you think that's going to happen?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: April 12, 2019, 01:52:49 pm »
I don't give a toss about them playing for the national team. If these journalists are being honest about wanting diving banned from the game, they need to face the facts that English players dive as much as anyone. How likely do to you think that's going to happen?

I don't care either but I'm telling you why that is and it's bias like that, that exists in every country. Right or wrong, that's what it is.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8823 on: April 12, 2019, 01:55:10 pm »
I don't care either but I'm telling you why that is and it's bias like that, that exists in every country. Right or wrong, that's what it is.

Well in that case they need to stop going on about diving in football generally and just accept that its going to happen. If people aren't interested in facing the truth about this subject stop going on about it and accept it for what it is.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8824 on: April 14, 2019, 09:56:30 am »
Please don't put other players in the same camp as Teflondinho

Can't remember seeing a player get away with so many fouls in a career relative to cards in my life watching football - he's either partially invisible to the naked eye or a legit genius

I suspect all the refs in the premier league were engaged in a gay pile up just like that episode of south park where Randy Marsh and his cohort tried to prevent the future from happening. Fernandino has the pictures.
It's the only logical explanation.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: April 14, 2019, 10:47:39 am »
Remember not to celebrate when you score Mo!
Believer

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8826 on: April 14, 2019, 10:59:45 am »

This. IMO there is an, element of bias against us; how many times has MO been fouled/impeded, stayed on his feet, the opportunity gone, no whistle, no foul and those I the media opt to say nothing? Or at best it is a blink and you missed it acknowledgment. It certainly doesn't get the same column inches as his infractions.

If anything I get frustrated when he stays on his feet now I see how they treat his honorable behaviour.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8827 on: April 14, 2019, 11:35:09 am »
Just been reading about some Chelsea 'fans' getting banned from their game last night for singing Salah is a bomber.

He's good enough for me,
He's good enough for me,

Especially after he scores!

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8828 on: April 14, 2019, 12:06:27 pm »

He's good enough for me,
He's good enough for me,

Words are empty. Go down and do the prostration celebration. That's what a New Zealand player did after the mosque attack. Don't bow to Salah though.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8829 on: April 14, 2019, 05:44:29 pm »
Abuse him now you fucking shithouses  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: April 14, 2019, 05:46:14 pm »
YOU LITTLE DANCER

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8831 on: April 14, 2019, 05:48:16 pm »
Absolute fucking beauty of a goal, get another one or two Mo!

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8832 on: April 14, 2019, 06:11:17 pm »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: April 14, 2019, 06:23:59 pm »
WAG!

What A Goal by Salah! Fantastic!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8834 on: April 14, 2019, 06:25:51 pm »
Usually pretty zen watching the game, but I couldn't help but let out a little gasp at that strike. Pure filth.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8835 on: April 14, 2019, 06:29:05 pm »
What. A. Fucking. Goal.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8836 on: April 14, 2019, 06:32:12 pm »
Not as impactful as Hazard  ;D

And he’s been superb this season. His all round play has still been brilliant, his work rate has been fantastic, hasn’t dropped all season and he’s scored some fucking vital goals.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8837 on: April 14, 2019, 06:33:59 pm »
Found out just how high my voice can go when that went in.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8838 on: April 14, 2019, 06:38:00 pm »
Never been a better "fuck you" goal than that, not that Mo would ever lower himself to say the words.

Nope, just pure left-footed filth... 8)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #8839 on: April 14, 2019, 06:40:05 pm »
Have that ya cockney bastards!

What a hit 😀
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!