Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2964191 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Liverpool FC complete signing of Mohamed Salah
« Reply #2320 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:54 pm »
Serves me right for trying to be a funny c*nt.

You were halfway there.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2321 on: December 18, 2017, 10:29:15 pm »
How's the party going now Jenas?..
Eh?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2322 on: December 18, 2017, 10:30:40 pm »
Seems ridiculous

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #2323 on: December 18, 2017, 10:41:01 pm »
Thanks for sharing the article, great read.

This bit gave me goosebumps.

Yep me too, absolutely incredible.  I work with an Egyptian lady here in Australia and she keeps sending me stuff from Egyptian news and her Facebook feed all about Mo.  SO good!  She doesn't even like football and she's raving. 
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2324 on: December 18, 2017, 10:51:25 pm »
Found this article someone posted on Reddit.

<snip for space>

what a lovely article, made me cry lol.

And I love how it points out that Mo needs the confidence and the reasurance and hugs, he got the right coach now for it!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #2325 on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:05 pm »
Eh?

“He has been brilliant so far but, does Mo Salah even start for Liverpool if Coutinho is back in the team?” Jenas said on BBC Radio 5 Live, cited by the Echo.

“You’ve got Adam Lallana to come in as well"
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline me76

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #2326 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:09 pm »
“He has been brilliant so far but, does Mo Salah even start for Liverpool if Coutinho is back in the team?” Jenas said on BBC Radio 5 Live, cited by the Echo.

What a muppet.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:29 pm »
Maybe a reflection of the rotation we are planning for the cup

I find it astonishing we’re consudering letting them go - what’s wrong with a video link!

Why wouldn’t we let them go?  Yes, they both will probably be on the bench for the FA cup match, and the pundits and whingers in here will have a field day if we lose, but it’s got to be a massive honor for them both.  Klopp letting them go is just one reason why players love to play. He understands that they are human and recognizes what an incredible honor it is for them. 

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2328 on: December 18, 2017, 11:19:13 pm »
8 hour commute to and from his home in Basyoun and Arab Contractors in Cairo, 5 days a week, for 3-4 years, and starting from when he was 14 years!
Not to mention having to squeeze in school in the mornings?!
Now that is dedication. He does seem like an intense perfectionist on the pitch, similar to how Suarez constantly seemed hard on himself when not every pass/shot came off perfectly.

Crazy to think he's only 25 and can still get better.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2329 on: December 18, 2017, 11:29:33 pm »
Why wouldn’t we let them go?  Yes, they both will probably be on the bench for the FA cup match, and the pundits and whingers in here will have a field day if we lose, but it’s got to be a massive honor for them both.  Klopp letting them go is just one reason why players love to play. He understands that they are human and recognizes what an incredible honor it is for them. 

I get the fact it’s a massive honour but disagree with letting them go and then trying to rush them back. Puts you on a hiding to nothing against Everton

If we don’t want to play them then fine let them go but don’t rush them back as it makes it look like we need them and want them to play - which, if it is the case, don’t let them go

I don’t even know what I’m trying to say ;D - just doesn’t sit comfortably with me

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2330 on: December 18, 2017, 11:34:14 pm »
I get the fact it’s a massive honour but disagree with letting them go and then trying to rush them back. Puts you on a hiding to nothing against Everton

If we don’t want to play them then fine let them go but don’t rush them back as it makes it look like we need them and want them to play - which, if it is the case, don’t let them go

I don’t even know what I’m trying to say ;D - just doesn’t sit comfortably with me

It’s not going to sit comfortably with a lot of people and you just know that this will give the pundits another reason to lay into Klopp.  Personally, while it’ll clearly hurt us against Everton, I think it’s a great piece of man management by Klopp. 

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2331 on: December 18, 2017, 11:35:04 pm »

You'd rather they didn't go, but if they did than you'd rather they didn't come back into the lineup, is that what you meant?
I understand the former, but why the issue on the latter part of your sentence. We do need them, as we need all our quality players, bringing them back and starting them is on the assumption that they're physically capable, no doubt, and if so why should they be kept on the bench just to send some sort of "we need them but not really" message?  :)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2332 on: December 18, 2017, 11:37:27 pm »
being as Liverpool players make up 2 of the 3 finalists, they should changed the ceremony date  ;D 

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:32 pm »
So, if there was ever a player who could pay for his transfer fee through shirt sales, it would be Salah right?  ;)

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #2334 on: December 19, 2017, 12:08:04 am »
being as Liverpool players make up 2 of the 3 finalists, they should changed the ceremony date  ;D 

They'll have to next year when Sadio, Mohamed, and Naby make up the 3 finalists.  8)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2335 on: December 19, 2017, 12:42:42 am »
Allowing them to go is an important piece of man management and building an even stronger relationship between the manager  and the players, and also the club.

I have no issue with it, i'm sure others will, especially the media. but this is about the players and the club. I think one of them will play against Everton regardless when they get back, it's clear that the club wants them to go and still be part of the fixture that night.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2336 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:12 am »
Allowing them to go is an important piece of man management and building an even stronger relationship between the manager  and the players, and also the club.

I have no issue with it, i'm sure others will, especially the media. but this is about the players and the club. I think one of them will play against Everton regardless when they get back, it's clear that the club wants them to go and still be part of the fixture that night.

Half and half, each scores a goal in 45 minutes, boom!

Jobs done... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2337 on: December 19, 2017, 12:52:57 am »

I agree with you.

The timing is a bit rubbish like, shame the award ceremony wasn't just a day earlier! But there ya go, that's how it is.

But it's a huge deal for these 3 players, I am sure of that, and understandably, it will mean a lot for them to be able to go.  And whether one of our two starts or not, I'm sure both will be ready for the bench. They can sleep on the flight home :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2338 on: December 19, 2017, 01:53:15 am »
I agree with you.

The timing is a bit rubbish like, shame the award ceremony wasn't just a day earlier! But there ya go, that's how it is.

But it's a huge deal for these 3 players, I am sure of that, and understandably, it will mean a lot for them to be able to go.  And whether one of our two starts or not, I'm sure both will be ready for the bench. They can sleep on the flight home :D

It woudln't be as bad if we had played on Saturday or Sunday, but the bastards at the BBC wanted the game on Friday.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2339 on: December 19, 2017, 02:19:25 am »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/877978766156476416

Still dying from this tweet.
Shameless Necro, but going back and reading the responses on this tweet from all the Utd and Chelsea Fans.  :lmao

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2340 on: December 19, 2017, 02:45:43 am »
Doesn't really matter who plays against Everton, they'll park the bus so we'll just get Sadio and Mo to sprint into the stadium around the 80th minute and smash the unsuspecting bastards. BOOM.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2341 on: December 19, 2017, 07:48:15 am »
What a muppet.
That bloke is mindless. He just lets his mouth run.
Stealing a living.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2342 on: December 19, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
Mega interview here where he talks about everything from being a kid to now

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/283441-mohamed-salah-in-the-beginning

I really think this article is one of the best I've ever read on a footballer's journey.

This quote below is just astonishing:

It was when I was 14 that I first signed with Arab Contractors (El Mokawloon) and my career in the professional game began – but it was a tough time for me.

I had originally been playing for a club that was half an hour away from my village in Basyoun. Then I signed for a club in Tanta, which was one-and-a-half hours away. From there, I went to Arab Contractors in Cairo, so it was a four to four-and-a-half-hour journey five days a week to get to training.

I was having to leave school early to travel to training. I would go in from 7am until 9am and then I had an official paper to give to my club to say, ‘Mo can leave school early so he can reach the club at 2pm to train’. So I was only at school for two hours a day during that time. Now, everything would be difficult if I was not a footballer, I think!

For five days a week, every week for three or four years, I would make this journey. I was leaving at 9am in the morning, then I would arrive at the training ground at 2pm or 2.30pm. Training was always at 3.30pm or 4pm. I would finish training at say 6pm, then I’d go home and arrive at 10pm or 10.30pm. Then it was eat, sleep and then the day after the same thing.

And it wasn’t just taking one bus – I’d have to transfer buses three, four or even sometimes five times just to arrive at training and then back home again.

As I said, it was a difficult time, but I was young and I wanted to be a footballer. I wanted to be a big name. I wanted to be something special. I cannot promise you that it was clear to me what I would become and I was like, ‘I will be something special’. No, it was not like this. I was coming from nothing, a 14-year-old kid with a dream. I didn’t know it would happen, I just wanted it to happen so badly.

Offline LFC josh

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2343 on: December 19, 2017, 10:03:50 am »
really excited to see what this lad can become.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2344 on: December 19, 2017, 10:59:40 pm »
really excited to see what this lad can become.

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline me76

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #2345 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:44 am »
That bloke is mindless. He just lets his mouth run.
Stealing a living.

Yep - couldn't agree more.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2346 on: December 20, 2017, 12:59:54 pm »

Can add Merson to that list (was prob already on it) as apparently Salah doesn't make his team of the season so far (neither does Coutinho).

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: December 20, 2017, 01:56:51 pm »
Can add Merson to that list (was prob already on it) as apparently Salah doesn't make his team of the season so far (neither does Coutinho).

wow.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2348 on: December 20, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »
incredible :o Is Ozil in it by any chance :rash
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2349 on: December 20, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »

wow that's insane.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2350 on: December 20, 2017, 06:57:26 pm »
The Merson thing is genius to be fair. How many people have clicked and retweeted Sky’s links? How many people live in Egypt again?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: December 20, 2017, 07:00:28 pm »
The Merson thing is genius to be fair. How many people have clicked and retweeted Sky’s links? How many people live in Egypt again?

Exactly what I thought. Stick Salah in there and nobody is talking at all.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2352 on: December 20, 2017, 07:05:00 pm »

That would imply that Merson understands the internet. And clicks.

Both fairly dubious assumptions...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2353 on: December 20, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »
I've only seen the Merson and genius in the same sentence as a variation of this:

Merson is not a genius.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2354 on: December 20, 2017, 07:09:26 pm »
Let me guess, Kane and Alli are in his list?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2355 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:00 pm »

I’m just implying that Sky are operating here - Merson is the patsy! :P

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2356 on: December 20, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »

Yeah, though you can make an argument for Coutinho being left out of a best 11 thus far, I think the Salah omission is just another example of his quite astonishing idiocy as opposed to any cunning ploy to drive internet traffic.

I genuinely don't think there'a a thicker man in the English football punditry community, and that's saying something.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: December 20, 2017, 07:37:48 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2358 on: December 20, 2017, 07:40:53 pm »
Who needs sports' journalists when you can have professional trolls spewing clickbait?

PS: Merson hates Liverpool's guts.  You've got more chance of SteveO putting Salah into a combined Mersey XI than you have of Merson picking him for his team of the season.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:46:27 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2359 on: December 20, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »