Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2967894 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #16480 on: October 4, 2021, 05:25:01 pm »
Can you stop repeating the same bullshit over and over for the love of Allah, Buddha and whichever deity you follow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #16481 on: October 4, 2021, 05:27:24 pm »
Can you stop repeating the same bullshit over and over for the love of Allah, Buddha and whichever deity you follow.

None of them and none of the others either.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16482 on: October 4, 2021, 05:32:28 pm »
Yep. Yesterday's goal was unbelievable.
You watch him receive the ball, thinking he's going to attempt a 1-2 with someone and it's most likely going to fizzle out to nothing as we didn't seem like scoring, so while we have the ball, you're not as enthusiastic as you should be.
You're looking for a run either side of him, so's he can 1-2 and there's no option really so you thinking that it's at least worth a try, even though nothing's going to come of it.

Then a few seconds later, he's gone past his 1st few men with a world class roll, Messi would be proud of... you get excited and slowly get up..
He does that wonderful switch and little drop, and now you're standing- the expectation in reserve like sluice from a dam waiting to be opened. "He's got a real chance!", you go... and BLAM!
You've witnessed something half-unbelievable and it only took a few seconds of brilliance! You HAVE TO see it again to grasp just what happened....

What started out as a routine pass near the edge of the box, slowly evolved into the unreal.

What a memorable, twisty-turvy, brilliant goal that had everyone watching all over the world, with their mouths open!

Love the crowd noise.

The initial ‘whoa’ as he beats Bernardo, the increased version when he stands up Laporte, the buzz of anticipation and then the roar as he scores. Can’t beat it!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16483 on: October 4, 2021, 05:35:50 pm »
Best Liverpool player since I've been alive, certainly. Better than Gerrard, Fowler, Torres, Owen and Suarez ect....
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #16484 on: October 4, 2021, 05:40:56 pm »
It is just the reality of business. Every club could afford to be a big club if they can £500k per week if the Suarez and Coutinho saga has taught us anything. Loyalty also has a price. The man got to eat.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16485 on: October 4, 2021, 05:45:02 pm »

As an aside I commend you’re faith in Madrid and barca not going mad anymore …. I for one welcome our new fiscally responsible over lords :)
I’d take the other side of that bet the loons…
I'm hopeful, probably just gullible😂

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #16486 on: October 4, 2021, 05:46:15 pm »
I honestly do not think FSG can afford to not renew him at this point. Their position would quickly become untenable if they were to flog him off.
A cogent critique but a bit misplaced, I feel.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16487 on: October 4, 2021, 05:47:37 pm »
A cogent critique but a bit misplaced, I feel.

Not venturing into egregious territory, thankfully...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16488 on: October 4, 2021, 05:50:46 pm »
Best Liverpool player since I've been alive, certainly. Better than Gerrard, Fowler, Torres, Owen and Suarez ect....
Prime Gerrard in this team wins Ballon d'Or

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #16489 on: October 4, 2021, 05:56:34 pm »
Yeah no, he's better than Owen, Torres and Fowler but not the other two. I think people have easily forgotten how incredible Gerrard was, and have allowed the way Suarez left to cloud the minds a bit.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #16490 on: October 4, 2021, 06:02:41 pm »
Not venturing into egregious territory, thankfully...

A bit loquacious mayhap but quite indubitably lucidly articulated.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #16491 on: October 4, 2021, 06:04:48 pm »

best player since Gerrard, certainly better then Suarez for me. better then Owen, Fowler and Torres too.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #16492 on: October 4, 2021, 06:05:09 pm »
Van Dijk's reaction to Salah's goal yesterday  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #16493 on: October 4, 2021, 06:05:44 pm »

Less annoying than opening the thread to just read "pay him",over & over again.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16494 on: October 4, 2021, 06:12:06 pm »
Van Dijk's reaction to Salah's goal yesterday  ;D
I missed that?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16495 on: October 4, 2021, 06:13:01 pm »
For split second I thought he hit the side netting yesterday 😂

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #16496 on: October 4, 2021, 06:18:58 pm »
It's the kind of goal you might see in 5-a-side footy when one player is so much better than everyone else. To do this against the highest quality opposition and on such a massive stage is just ridiculous.

Yep, the opposition and the occasion really elevate it to another level. Not to mention is was on his right foot!! Bordering on the ridiculous.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16497 on: October 4, 2021, 06:19:14 pm »
For split second I thought he hit the side netting yesterday 😂
He did. Luckily for us it was the inside.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #16498 on: October 4, 2021, 06:41:04 pm »
best player since Gerrard, certainly better then Suarez for me. better then Owen, Fowler and Torres too.

Still not sure about Mo vs Suarez, that’s a very close one for me but I’m still probably leaning towards Suarez but not quite sure why.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #16499 on: October 4, 2021, 06:42:37 pm »
Outstanding that goal yesterday as was the assist for Mane, Mo Salah is phenomenal.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16500 on: October 4, 2021, 06:59:40 pm »
One of the great PL goals that. I think the only other footballers in the world that can do that are Messi and Suarez a few years back. Massive shame that it didn’t win us the game.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #16501 on: October 4, 2021, 07:06:22 pm »
Love the crowd noise.

The initial ‘whoa’ as he beats Bernardo, the increased version when he stands up Laporte, the buzz of anticipation and then the roar as he scores. Can’t beat it!
I've watched that goal about 20 times now...
SUBLIME mate!

The envy and admiration our rivals must feel! Did you see the City players!?
Yeah bellends... BEAT THAT! :D

There was not a player on that pitch better than our Mo.
Money couldn't buy that!
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 07:09:58 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16502 on: October 4, 2021, 07:08:28 pm »
Still not sure about Mo vs Suarez, that’s a very close one for me but I’m still probably leaning towards Suarez but not quite sure why.

Are you mad? Mo has broken records for Liverpool and has won a first league title in 30 years plus a 6th European Cup. As well as being part of the first squad to win a World Tile for the club. This group of lads are the best we've had in three decades.  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16503 on: October 4, 2021, 07:10:48 pm »
As well as being part of the first squad to win a World Tile for the club.

Floored by the feat...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16504 on: October 4, 2021, 07:11:51 pm »
 ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #16505 on: October 4, 2021, 07:16:03 pm »
Are you mad? Mo has broken records for Liverpool and has won a first league title in 30 years plus a 6th European Cup. As well as being part of the first squad to win a World Tile for the club. This group of lads are the best we've had in three decades.  ;D
Yep. Suarez was sublime in his own way, but Mo did just a little bit better - scored the 2/3 more goals to help win us the league...

That's often why I can't stand players moaning that they didn't win anything at Liverpool.. or looking to win trophies "somewhere else".

Sterling is a prime example.
He was moaning about about needing to move on so he could win trophies. That's why I dislike him!
He didn't want to stay and make sure we win trophies. He wanted to have it "easier".
That's why I hate himmmm!

He should ask hisself why he didn't win the league here with us in that season we came so, so close. He didn't score the extra goal we needed to avoid a draw or the goal we needed to put City away etc..!

Players sometimes look at themselves as separate from the performance of the team, and that's when you know they're not a team player. They can't be relied upon.
They will hide when the chips are down.

At least Luis gave everything he possibly could, but it wasn't enough. Sterling and co should've stepped up to help out, and that's why he didn't win a trophy here. He didn't step up when it mattered. We relied upon him to win the league, since he's part of the team and he wasted his opportunities by throwing in the towel at the decisive moments! The moments that really count.

Same thing with Coutinho. He scored some belters... but one more in a decisive game... and he would've won the league. It's not just the team, it's also the individual- especially if they're brilliant.

Dan, I respect. Did everything he could and more.. and stayed.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 07:29:18 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16506 on: October 4, 2021, 07:24:11 pm »
He’s my main hope for a league title this season - looks like he could do 30+. We need the supporting act to start holding their own, as they look a level below him right now.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #16507 on: October 4, 2021, 07:26:12 pm »
I've watched that goal about 20 times now...
SUBLIME mate!

The more you see it the more there is to see! From the moment Mo fends off the first heavy challenge to the perfect strike with his weak foot it is a goal that pullulates with genius. In the middle of it we see Silva who, beaten once by Jones, runs around the back of his defence only to be dumped on his arse. (Clap the goal, you wanker).

Virg of course starts celebrating the goal a couple of seconds before Mo crashes into the shot - and then turns to the Kop with his arms spread as if to say "we've just seen a miracle." I also love the way the ball ends by spinning on the goal line after visiting both corners of the net. Only a little detail, of course, but something I'm prepared to believe Salah deliberately planned. Why not?

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16508 on: October 4, 2021, 07:26:21 pm »
If the rest of the lads were playing at his level  currently we'd end up with the Sextuple for fucks sakes.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16509 on: October 4, 2021, 07:28:45 pm »
If the rest of the lads were playing at his level  currently we'd end up with the Sextuple for fucks sakes.

I think I did one of those when he scored.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #16510 on: October 4, 2021, 07:38:51 pm »

Personally I think Suarez was better than Gerrard, played for a shorter time, but Suarez`best season is the best season I`ve seen from a Liverpool player. He`s been a force of nature for years. Must say, right now Salah is the best player in the world, and on the path to become Liverpool`s greatest ever player.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 07:45:46 pm by Raaphael »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16511 on: October 4, 2021, 07:46:14 pm »
Personally I think Suarez was better than Gerrard, played for a shorter time, but Suarez`best season is the best season I`ve seen from a Liverpool player. Must say, right now Salah is the best player in the world, and on the path to become Liverpool`s greatest ever player.

It's just so subjective ... one thing is for sure, we are and have been very blessed across the generations
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #16512 on: October 4, 2021, 07:48:16 pm »
Also, John Barnes is way too little mentioned. We hear about Dalglish, Fowler, Gerrard etc. Barnes at his peak was one of the best players in the world.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16513 on: October 4, 2021, 07:52:08 pm »
Also, John Barnes is way too little mentioned. We hear about Dalglish, Fowler, Gerrard etc. Barnes at his peak was one of the best players in the world.

100% agree - John Barnes is my favourite Liverpool player of all time! In his pomp, he was a magician from another world
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #16514 on: October 4, 2021, 07:54:33 pm »
These arguments just get kind of dumb.  It's not like if no agreement could be reached the club would just wither away into the 2nd Division never to be seen from again.  The club will spend those funds on another player who might be better or worse.  Happened with Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Suarez and will happen to Salah one way or another.  The Red Sox example, yes trading Mookie Betts to the Dodgers was and still is a pretty indefensible trade on it's merits yet in looking at the standings they're in a wild card playoff game today.  It didn't ruin them as a franchise forever and if Salah moves on it won't ruin LFC.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #16515 on: October 4, 2021, 07:57:13 pm »

Mo has a better team around him then Suarez ever did, and as great as Mo is the Suarez of 13/14 with 31 league goals in 33 games was on a different level to anything I have seen before or since, not just in terms of goals but all round contribution and determination, he was a one man wrecking machine. He may not have won the title with us but I have also never seen one single player do so much to carry a team towards a title even if we fell short in the end.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16516 on: October 4, 2021, 07:57:43 pm »
These arguments just get kind of dumb.  It's not like if no agreement could be reached the club would just wither away into the 2nd Division never to be seen from again.  The club will spend those funds on another player who might be better or worse.  Happened with Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Suarez and will happen to Salah one way or another.  The Red Sox example, yes trading Mookie Betts to the Dodgers was and still is a pretty indefensible trade on it's merits yet in looking at the standings they're in a wild card playoff game today.  It didn't ruin them as a franchise forever and if Salah moves on it won't ruin LFC.

People use this as a reason and of course the club will survive, nobody says they wont. But if we take Suarez for example, it was then 6 years later we challenged for a league.

We wont get relegated and we wont go out of business. Will we be in contention for the league though if we sell Salah, considering we are never signing a player as good as him directly after.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16517 on: October 4, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »
People use this as a reason and of course the club will survive, nobody says they wont. But if we take Suarez for example, it was then 6 years later we challenged for a league.

I mean sure if you want to cherry pick a single name you can prove anything.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16518 on: October 4, 2021, 08:00:12 pm »
I mean sure if you want to cherry pick a single name you can prove anything.

Generally, you dont sell your best players and he is our very best one.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #16519 on: October 4, 2021, 08:03:30 pm »

We wont get relegated and we wont go out of business. Will we be in contention for the league though if we sell Salah, considering we are never signing a player as good as him.

Yeah, sold Suarez and then overcame a club backed by a country and won the league by identifying players that fit our team within our budget.  Sounds like a success story to me but if this for you is someone pissing in your cheerios then there isn't anything that anybody can say that will matter.

Generally, you dont sell your best players and he is our very best one.

Barca should have sold Messi last year, ManU sold Ronaldo who then wasn't offered a new contract by Real Madrid and went to Juve who then needed to find anyway possible to sell him.  Chelsea have sold Lukaku, KdB, Salah, and numerous others.  This isn't even that hard. 

And I'm saying this even though I agree we should keep Salah.  Just all the cryarsing over it is way over the top.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 08:06:58 pm by Dave McCoy »