Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3472794 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #440 on: July 3, 2017, 09:56:31 pm »
Sounds like mourinho is already laying the woodwork for his inevitable self destruction, blaming Woodward and the board. Only can see one outcome coming up. Where's my popcorn? ;D

Has he turned on his players and the board, started giving incoherent rants during interviews about "enemies", started growing his beard, placed himself in a position whereby the only option left for the club is to fire him, and joined PSG yet? Or am I a bit ahead of myself.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: July 3, 2017, 09:58:03 pm »
Winston Reid incoming.

Actually, having seen the last Lions test he might just be after Sonny Bill as cover for Fellaini.

Quite possibly. After all, football is about the only sport that Sonny Bill hasn't played professionally.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: July 3, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »
What you lot keep forgetting is that if they won all their games last season they would have won the League.

So there.

As PNev so rightly said just a few tweaks here and there,  and that elusive 90% improvement will make them challengers .... it's so close you can almost touch it.

Draws become wins
Drab becomes swagger
6th becomes 1st

..... so very ..... very close

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #443 on: July 3, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
Duncan with his usual fan club piece:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/jose-mourinho-collision-course-ed-woodward-manchester-united-transfers-094053274.html

"Having explicitly requested that all senior-squad signings be complete ahead of pre-season training, the Old Trafford manager was bemused to see Ed Woodward follow the British & Irish Lions rugby team to New Zealand during a critical period for negotiating deals."

Never change Ed :lmao :lmao

A lot of players don´t make decisions until they return from pre-season anyway. That want to get away from football for a month with their families, think about their futures etc.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #444 on: July 3, 2017, 10:19:37 pm »
Has he turned on his players and the board, started giving incoherent rants during interviews about "enemies", started growing his beard, placed himself in a position whereby the only option left for the club is to fire him, and joined PSG yet? Or am I a bit ahead of myself.

No, they have bugged his clothes. He cannot talk about these things. He used to be able to stand in the center circle and meet his staff away from his bugged office, but he cannot even do that anymore.

Plus he hasn´t found a female member of staff at old trafford to make a scapegoat out of yet.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: July 3, 2017, 10:51:45 pm »
fuckin elbows should be playing for the lions

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: July 3, 2017, 11:13:16 pm »
No, they have bugged his clothes. He cannot talk about these things. He used to be able to stand in the center circle and meet his staff away from his bugged office, but he cannot even do that anymore.

Plus he hasn´t found a female member of staff at old trafford to make a scapegoat out of yet.

I can see the press lady who pulled a face at LVGs stats list getting a crack if she gets lippy

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #447 on: July 3, 2017, 11:19:46 pm »
I can see the press lady who pulled a face at LVGs stats list getting a crack if she gets lippy

Oooh, is Moyes back?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #448 on: July 3, 2017, 11:24:45 pm »
Oooh, is Moyes back?

I laughed way too hard at that. Well played sir

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: July 3, 2017, 11:25:10 pm »
Oooh, is Moyes back?

Like a serial killer he's escalating, starts with eye poking poorly people, then loses it with a female doctor .... next step is flat out cracking someone. Fair chance it'll be her I reckon.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #450 on: July 3, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
Like a serial killer he's escalating, starts with eye poking poorly people, then loses it with a female doctor .... next step is flat out cracking someone. Fair chance it'll be her I reckon.

It will probably be one of the youth teamers. They´ll have a bad game, Mourinho will think they are a plant and attack them.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #451 on: July 4, 2017, 06:27:37 am »
Agree with every word but, having said that, Woodward does also appear to be an incompetent fool.

How so?  Griezmann decides to stay with Atletico, and the other players United are interested in are being offered by their respective clubs at 50-100% markup. 

I can't imagine Bayern buying a player like Perisic for 50 million Euros, I think it's nuts.  In fact I would not buy Sanchez for 50 million Euros either. 

If anything, the manager has to show some flexibility and creativity so if you don't get your primary targets you should have contingencies. 

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: July 4, 2017, 11:18:49 am »
See they are linked to Gareth Bale yet fucking again. Surely even Utd fans are sick to the back teeth of that tedious link and non story ?  Gareth Bale to man Utd and William Carvalho to absolutely anyone must be the most rehashed shite in history.
For no particular reason, I really dislike William Carvalho only because I read his name every day linked with 1 team or another. Appreciate he has f**k all to do with  the man the AC Milan fans call "Merdinho", but he's Portuguese so its only a matter of time before they get linked

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #453 on: July 4, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »
How so?  Griezmann decides to stay with Atletico, and the other players United are interested in are being offered by their respective clubs at 50-100% markup. 

I can't imagine Bayern buying a player like Perisic for 50 million Euros, I think it's nuts.  In fact I would not buy Sanchez for 50 million Euros either. 

If anything, the manager has to show some flexibility and creativity so if you don't get your primary targets you should have contingencies.

Isn´t the problem that you are looking at this from a longevity point of view when Mourinho really doesn´t give a fuck about that? He wants to sign players for immediate success and couldn´t give a fuck what he leaves behind. In fact he is happy if everything turns to shit when he leaves as it just makes his achievements look all the more impressive.

So him bashing Woodward in public will be a way to try and strongarm United into signing short-term success players for him rather than wanting to sign medium-long term players to have a well balanced age profile in the squad.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: July 4, 2017, 05:16:31 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40495870

"Manchester United: Jose Mourinho unhappy with lack of summer transfer business"

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is unimpressed by the club's lack of summer transfer dealings.

After United's Europa League final win against Ajax on 24 May, Mourinho said he had given executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward a list of transfer targets.

Senior United figures spoke privately about signing three or four players.

There could be developments later this week, but so far the only new signing has been 22-year-old defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica for £31m.

It is understood Mourinho wants at least one forward to compensate for the loss of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 35, because of injury, as well as a holding midfield player.

Efforts to sign Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann, 26, for a fee that would have come close to the world record £89m United paid Juventus for midfielder Paul Pogba 12 months ago were compromised by Ibrahimovic's major knee injury, which will keep him out until the New Year.

Atletico were also banned from buying players during the current transfer window and Griezmann signed a new contract, retaining a 100m euros release clause.

Another potential target, Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, 24, is thought to be more interested in joining Chelsea, so Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata, 24, has emerged as United's preferred striking option.

However, efforts to do a deal with Real have, thus far, met with frustration.

His father and agent met with Real officials at the Bernabeu on Monday and although it is still anticipated a transfer will happen, United's departure for their five-match pre-season tour of the USA on Sunday has created an artificial deadline there is no certainty of meeting.

Tottenham's Eric Dier, 23, and Chelsea's Nemanja Matic, 28, have been spoken of by club officials as possible additions to fill the holding midfield role.

However, any attempt to get Dier would involve protracted discussions with Tottenham, which United have never found easy.

It is understood Chelsea will not even entertain the prospect releasing Matic until they have completed the transfer of 22-year-old France midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from Monaco.

United officials also spoke to Inter Milan about winger Ivan Perisic, 28, but that move is hampered by the Italian side's improved financial situation, meaning they have no urgent need to sell.

The situation is somewhat different to 12 months ago, when Ibrahimovic, centre-half Eric Bailly and midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan were all signed two weeks before United went on their pre-season tour of the Far East, with Pogba coming in later.

Mourinho is mindful his squad needed improving, as - despite winning the EFL Cup and Europa League last season - they finished sixth in the Premier League.

Tour matches against Manchester City, Real Madrid and Barcelona in particular will offer an indication about how much improvement is required.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: July 4, 2017, 05:18:42 pm »
Moan, moan, moan

I want to buy the league

World's most expensive team. Shit

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: July 5, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
But Griezmann to united was a dead certainty. LOL
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #457 on: July 5, 2017, 06:45:58 pm »
Thank God Utd "changed their priorities" and decided to go for a traditional number 9 instead of a number 10 in Griezmann. Do their fans not get tired of being sold relentless spin? Hopefully Chelsea get the Bakayoko deal completed soon so they release Matic to Utd. As a a Liverpool fan I am very enthusiastic about that signing. Imagine their meltdown if we get the Keita deal over the line.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: July 5, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »
"Buy more God-damn players Woodward you imbecile!!!" :no
« Last Edit: July 5, 2017, 07:06:45 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #459 on: July 6, 2017, 07:14:06 am »
Rees-Mogg is a manc. Official! He has named his sixth child, Sixtus. Such fanaticism
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 6, 2017, 09:35:54 am »
 Be hilarious if they spunked a shitload on Lukaku.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: July 6, 2017, 10:11:05 am »
Lukaku will become their Benteke. Clearly a panic buy, shitcoat never knew how to play him at Chelsea.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 09:37:06 pm by elsewhere »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: July 6, 2017, 10:12:09 am »
£75m?!  :lmao
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: July 6, 2017, 10:13:00 am »
So they're replacing Ibrahimovic with Lukaku essentially? Is that going to take them above 6th?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #464 on: July 6, 2017, 10:18:20 am »
£75m?!  :lmao

Or, Two Salahs, as its also referred to.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: July 6, 2017, 10:22:26 am »
This is the "spunk money" stage of their emerging Boom-Bust Cycle

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: July 6, 2017, 10:28:19 am »
What a strange club they are.

Wonderful deal for the rest of the league. United will now remain a terrible hoofball team.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: July 6, 2017, 10:34:22 am »
Very good signing

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #468 on: July 6, 2017, 10:37:25 am »
Lukaku will become their Benteke. Clearly a panic buy, shitcoat never knew how to play him at Chelsea.
That's the odd part of this deal. Why would either want to be paired with the other again?

To be fair though, if they play to his strengths he can at least negate the goals lost from Ibrahimovic. So £75m and status quo achieved ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #469 on: July 6, 2017, 10:37:37 am »
Lukauku guarantees goals. I can see how their style of play may remain similar which is bad news for the aesthetic football lovers among them but he's a fantastic striker no doubt. The money they've spent post Ferguson is staggering though.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: July 6, 2017, 10:38:11 am »
Terrible signing for them. He is gonna flop so badly for them.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: July 6, 2017, 10:40:10 am »
Hopefully Conte throws a fit and leaves now too.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: July 6, 2017, 10:40:28 am »
Very good signing

Yeah, but I think he's always going to be a player who "had the potential to be world class" instead of a player who was world-class. They've made several expensive on-paper good signings in recent years. I think Lukaku could very well do what Benteke did for us

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: July 6, 2017, 10:49:32 am »
Yeah, but I think he's always going to be a player who "had the potential to be world class" instead of a player who was world-class. They've made several expensive on-paper good signings in recent years. I think Lukaku could very well do what Benteke did for us
benteke played under managers that wanted to play a style of football totally alien to him and against his strengths. He'd also lost a bit of pace through injury and looked half the player he was in seasons past. Lukaku is a big bruising bully of a centre forward, a great finisher, will be more than happy to have the ball lumped up to him. Hes perfect for what mourinho wants.

He'll score 20 plus no problem. A low risk signing and what they needed after losing ibrahimovic.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: July 6, 2017, 11:17:52 am »
Very much taking the 'blunt instrument' approach this transfer window. Physicality before football.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #475 on: July 6, 2017, 11:20:36 am »
I am guessing that's atleast 10 elbowed fouls per game if Fellaini and Lukaku play together?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: July 6, 2017, 11:21:01 am »
Hooftastic.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: July 6, 2017, 11:25:01 am »
He'll have Lukaku well drilled on the art of rolling around holding his face in no time

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:59:39 am by Titi Camara »

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #478 on: July 6, 2017, 11:28:03 am »
£75m for player who scored 4 in 12 V teams above Everton last season

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #479 on: July 6, 2017, 11:29:56 am »
Well, at least we now have at least one replacement face on the 'be scared, be very scared' photomeme