Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 216157 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1080 on: October 20, 2020, 09:48:20 am »
Put a few more hours into The Outer Worlds in an attempt to complete my back catalogue before the series X launches.

Sometimes feel it’s the best Fallout experience in many ways since New Vegas. I definitely prefer the tone Obsidian strike with writing than what Bethesda have aimed for in the last few instalments.

Maybe now they’re owned by Microsoft they may get the green light to do another NV style spin off or true sequel. They’re working on Avowed though so it would be some way off.

I'm looking forward to getting back into Outer Worlds on the Series X, from what I played when it came out it was really good

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1081 on: October 20, 2020, 09:55:50 am »
I thought it wasn't anywhere near as clever or cynical as it possibly thought it was.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1082 on: October 20, 2020, 05:53:04 pm »
I thought it wasn't anywhere near as clever or cynical as it possibly thought it was.
I don’t know that it’s trying to be? Maybe my interpretation is wrong but it seems a touch knowing as to how silly some of the concepts are and uses motifs from old westerns and schlocky action flicks to tell an easy, decent enough story.

Might be my interpretation being quite different to your own but it strikes me as a bit of fun and not necessarily trying to be high minded or cynical, despite the clumsy broad strokes of an allegory when it comes to the corporations that control the system.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1083 on: October 20, 2020, 06:19:11 pm »
Got the Ancient Gods DLC for Doom Eternal. Hopefully the campaign is a good 4-5 hours at least
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1084 on: October 23, 2020, 01:52:22 pm »
Just finished Ori and the Will of the Whisps. It’s a wonderful game and a worthy successor to the first title.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1085 on: October 23, 2020, 02:49:20 pm »
rdr2 has been cracked about a month or so after I paid for it. typical.

to be honest though it was worth the money anyway.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: October 25, 2020, 05:45:47 pm »
Star Wars Squadrons in VR.

I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars, although like everyone else, I did love it as a kid. It's amazing to think that today we have a technology that allows us to actually feel what it's like to have a dogfight in the Star Wars universe sitting in the cockpit of an X-Wing or Tie-Fighter. If you were to take that and show us this stuff when we were kids, we'd have lost the plot. Absolutely unreal experience. Like everything else VR, though, it just doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves. Forget the Disney sequel shite, this is the new Star Wars fix you've been looking for.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1087 on: October 25, 2020, 05:50:52 pm »
Both the ori games are class. Loved playing them
Just finished both the Ori games in the last two weeks - what an awesome experience - the combination of smooth animation, stunning visuals and evocative music was incredible - I actually delayed finishing it 'cos I loved the experience of playing so much.

I'm hoping that Hollow Knight will live up to Ori

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: October 25, 2020, 06:11:05 pm »
Never got the RDR hype, then again I never got the GTA hype either. Played the first RDR and it was a strangely shallow and boring experience. May be something about Rockstars blend of genres that I dislike, the hints of RPG without ever becoming one. Couldn’t figure out what it was, but much like GTA after few days those games were left collecting dust.
This happened to me with latest GTA - just couldnt get into it and eventually just abandoned it

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #1089 on: October 25, 2020, 07:16:30 pm »
Playing sniper 4 on ps now.thought I would play it for a hour and be done with it in a hour.5 hours later im addicted class game!
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1090 on: October 25, 2020, 10:48:15 pm »
Just finished both the Ori games in the last two weeks - what an awesome experience - the combination of smooth animation, stunning visuals and evocative music was incredible - I actually delayed finishing it 'cos I loved the experience of playing so much.

I'm hoping that Hollow Knight will live up to Ori

Hollow Knight is a fantastic game. A lot “bigger” than Ori in terms of scope and darker in tone, and a fair bit harder too. Both of them are brilliant in their own ways.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1091 on: October 26, 2020, 01:35:44 pm »
MechWarrior 5, No Mans Sky and Star Wars Squadrons. All fantastic for different reasons, tho MW5 co-op could have been a bit better. You join a mates campaign but at no reward to your own campaign, even a tiny fragment of rep would have been nice!

Also picked up both Ni No Kuni and Ghostbusters remasters for £15 on NS, great value.

Weather has turned to shit so game season is on :)
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: October 26, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
Hollow Knight is a fantastic game. A lot “bigger” than Ori in terms of scope and darker in tone, and a fair bit harder too. Both of them are brilliant in their own ways.
I shouldn't have played Ori first though - finding Hollow Knight less polished (animation, visuals and music)

Also just started RDR2 - luscious game  and the story does draw you in pretty quickly

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: October 26, 2020, 05:51:49 pm »
Considering the team that made Hollow Knight is about 2% of the team that made Ori - I’d say it’s well polished. [emoji6]

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: October 27, 2020, 07:33:02 am »
PubG mobile 😅
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1095 on: October 27, 2020, 07:50:04 am »
Minesweeper and Sudoku on the phone.

Cities Skylines and ETS2 on the PC.

GTA5 and GT3 on the PS3.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: October 27, 2020, 09:02:05 am »
Really enjoying Mafia Definitive Edition.  Nothing ground breaking obviously with it being a remake of a very old game, but very well done overall with a good narrative and some surprisingly nice graphics and lighting at certain times.  Gameplay is pretty much standard Mafia fare.  If you liked 2 you'll like this, if not give it a miss.

Also simultaneously going through RDR2 for a second time.  I have to say I'm finding it more enjoyable and have a far deeper appreciation of the game the second time through. I think that's as a result of taking far more time with it, playing at a slower pace and simply soaking in the world, it's beauty and all of the details to a far greater degree.  I feel truly immersed in the world and it's characters this time around and at the risk of sounding pretentious, really do feel that the game is true art.

One thing that I would suggest for any PC gamers playing RDR2 is to get a mod that slows down the passage of time. It really does add to the immersion when days are not flying by at a mile a minute.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:26:19 am by Darren G »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1097 on: October 27, 2020, 11:10:35 am »
Finally got into Bloodborne and killed the Cleric Beast last night ;D Slightly embarrassed to admit that it's been in my library for probably two years now but I'd never played any Souls games before so I struggled to get my head around it.

I now understand that it's okay to die or even run past things if you want and I'm really, really enjoying it - though I know it's Father Gascgoine next, and I've not heard nice things about him...

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: October 27, 2020, 04:27:58 pm »
Considering the team that made Hollow Knight is about 2% of the team that made Ori - I’d say it’s well polished. [emoji6]
True.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1099 on: October 27, 2020, 04:42:51 pm »
Cyberpunk has been delayed yet again. December the 10th now.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: October 27, 2020, 05:36:01 pm »
Cyberpunk has been delayed yet again. December the 10th now.
#daikatana

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: October 27, 2020, 05:42:50 pm »
Finally got into Bloodborne and killed the Cleric Beast last night ;D Slightly embarrassed to admit that it's been in my library for probably two years now but I'd never played any Souls games before so I struggled to get my head around it.

I now understand that it's okay to die or even run past things if you want and I'm really, really enjoying it - though I know it's Father Gascgoine next, and I've not heard nice things about him...

What a game! Perfect for this time of year aswell.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1102 on: October 27, 2020, 06:49:43 pm »
What a game! Perfect for this time of year aswell.

My only gripe is the appalling frame rate.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: October 27, 2020, 07:02:45 pm »

It's partly because the game doesn't do the best job of teaching you how it expects you to play before the fight especially if you're new to the series. You're thought to be careful and mindful when traversing Yharnam but to beat Gazza you need to be aggressive instead of hanging back and looking for openings
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: October 27, 2020, 07:27:03 pm »
My only gripe is the appalling frame rate.

Apparently an updated version will be released on the PS5.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1105 on: October 27, 2020, 08:40:51 pm »
Apparently an updated version will be released on the PS5.

Nice!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1106 on: October 28, 2020, 09:14:02 am »
#daikatana

lol could be but probably not. I don't think it'll be as good as everyone believes though

Should add, Just finished Control which I really enjoyed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:12:17 pm by [new username under construction] »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: October 28, 2020, 10:23:41 am »
Playing some Dead Cells now.
I'm on a heavy roguelike streak recently and this fits right in.
Bit too twitchy for my taste, my old thumbs are not as quick as they used to be - but it's a nice little game in any case.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1108 on: October 29, 2020, 10:51:40 am »
Haven't really followed what is going on with Watchdogs Legion, but it looks interesting. Have already installed it through uplay+ so will give it a try...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: November 4, 2020, 03:40:53 pm »
Finally finished the Outer Worlds. Enjoyed it, a solid 7/10 game with reasonable gun play, a bit of Borderlands-style loot collecting and a reasonable enough storyline with some funny bits in it.

By no means outstanding nor a technical achievement, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Closer to a Fallout New Vegas style experience (though nowhere near as good) than Fallout 4. Very interested to see what Avowed is like, always thought Obsidian were a good developer, even given some of their very idiosyncratic releases (who remembers Alpha Protocol?)

Downloaded Frostpunk with my £1 game pass. Really quite an immersive experience, a fresh one for someone such as myself who hasn't gamed for years and never really played many strategy titles to begin with. For me, I also think it's fiendishly hard. 30 mins into my first game and I already feel like I've fucked up beyond redemption  ;D People are ill, dying, I'm running out of wood and coal and can't get food in quick enough. Interesting little game, very good one too.

I was going to finally get round to Red Dead 2, but I'm going to start it on the Series X with the improved loading times next week and play Frostpunk in between.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: November 4, 2020, 06:03:06 pm »
Finally finished the Outer Worlds. Enjoyed it, a solid 7/10 game with reasonable gun play, a bit of Borderlands-style loot collecting and a reasonable enough storyline with some funny bits in it.
Interesting. It got too mundane and one dimensional for me after a while. Story, weapons and characters were good, the enemies got boring pretty quick. I didn’t expect much from a AA-game but I just couldn’t go on.
I loved that each character had their own story and that the choices you made really mattered.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: November 4, 2020, 08:05:00 pm »
Interesting. It got too mundane and one dimensional for me after a while. Story, weapons and characters were good, the enemies got boring pretty quick. I didn’t expect much from a AA-game but I just couldn’t go on.
I loved that each character had their own story and that the choices you made really mattered.
To be fair, I played it in snatches over several months and only two rally’s sunk any considerable time I time into it during a rare gaming binge last weekend. Maybe it never gave itself chance to wear on me because really, it’s very, very short and very light on content compared to past Obsidian outings. I think I clocked 25 hours, beating the game and doing every single side quest and companion mission also. This was on the standard difficulty.

I did find some parts somewhat ‘unfinished.’ Given the emphasis on your choices having effect and the multiple tangents certain missions can head in, there was one right at the end that I ‘botched’ (the only one in the game) because despite it seeming ripe to play out in multiple ways, there was literally only one way to do it. It felt like they’d not finished the game properly.

I agree on the enemies being boring, not nearly enough variety. 4 types I think? Their AI was atrocious if you sat back with a sniper rifle as well. Like I said, I enjoyed it, but far from without it’s flaws. Some great dialogue that did remind me of FNV though.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1112 on: November 4, 2020, 08:56:48 pm »
Right now I'm playing this month's free game on PS Plus Middle-earth Shadow of War
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1113 on: November 5, 2020, 06:48:46 pm »
Any recommendations for a horror game on PS5/PS4?

Nothing with zombies. In terms of horror films I prefer the ones where what’s unfolding could actually happen in real life.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: November 5, 2020, 06:49:59 pm »
Alien Isolation?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: November 5, 2020, 07:53:01 pm »
Outlast is pretty good. I also liked SOMA.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1116 on: November 5, 2020, 08:11:00 pm »
Not into aliens or robot stuff. Outlast looks a good shout.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1117 on: November 6, 2020, 02:54:40 pm »
Got some CEX vouchers to use, and fancy some Xbox games for when the new one comes next Tuesday (maybe if I order tonight it'll come for Tues... probably not).

I picked up THPS1+2 finally, gave that a little bash yesterday. Just got that and FIFA to enjoy at launch really, plus anything on Games with Gold.

There are many francises I've never touched that I really should try,

I'm thinking the mafia trillogy,  Borderlands, Watchdogs, Farcry, Assassins Creed(but theres about ten thousand of them), Wolfenstein, Dark Souls, Saints Row, Doom, Walking Dead,

I'd also like to try Final Fantasy main games but I think they didn't get released on disc other than 15 which I played. I see Type-O HD is on there,is that a mainline game with a story like the ones ive played 7,8,9,13 and 15?

And there are so many Zombie games out now I'm spoiled for choice. I've played all the Dead Risings, but there's others which look tempting, my mate recommended 7 days to die.

I also need to get the expansions for Witcher 3 (as long as my save goes across to the new Xbox)

So where should i start boys and girls? Some of my favourite games I played on the Xbone were Fallout 4 (2 quid on CEX) and MGS5 (£3 on CEX) so I must be able to pick up some bargains?

Sounds like you're on console? if so give it a swerve for now, probably for good to be honest, Telltale had the publishing rights for console so it was stuck in limbo for a long time after things went tits up for them, Fun Pimps who are the developers/publishers on PC managed to regain the rights last year but they've not done anything with it, the PC version is great fun now but the console versions are 3 or 4 years behind with no plans to update them until the PC version goes gold (it's been in alpha for nearly 7 years ;D )

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1118 on: November 7, 2020, 12:01:30 pm »
You can’t really go wrong with Borderlands, great bang for your buck.
AHA!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1119 on: November 7, 2020, 01:37:25 pm »
Nah, you don’t need to. I’d definitely go with the Handsome Collection ahead of it.

There’s not much of a story on the original, the sequel’s where it picks up.
AHA!