Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210778 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1160 on: January 2, 2021, 11:51:47 am »
Bought Tony Hawks over Christmas. Some nice nostalgia there, they've done a great job. I forgot you only had up to a couple or minutes to do the challenges though! Spent most of my time in free skate

Girlfriend has got me WRC9 for my birthday so looking forward to that, some good implementation of the AT by all accounts.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1161 on: January 2, 2021, 01:15:51 pm »
Got The Last of Us Part II for Christmas.

Really enjoying it. I love the polish of the first and it’s still there with this one. Just a really, tightly made game. Good story and characters which is so, so rare in a game. Finally that great TLOU atmosphere. Sometimes sparse, sometimes eerie, but so captivating.

Only part I don’t like is the huge hub areas around the city. I think this game works better when it’s more linear. The mechanics aren’t as enjoyable on such a scale.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1162 on: January 3, 2021, 12:36:55 am »
Well got my Series X last week. Wifes not a gamer but I've been trying to get her into it as she has shown an interest in cyber punk...

She has spent the last two days playing Sims 4 and Tetris.
"Salahs in here......"

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1163 on: January 6, 2021, 12:49:21 am »
Well got my Series X last week. Wifes not a gamer but I've been trying to get her into it as she has shown an interest in cyber punk...

She has spent the last two days playing Sims 4 and Tetris.

Get the game pass mate and get her on Two Point Hospital.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1164 on: January 6, 2021, 01:48:02 am »
Get the game pass mate and get her on Two Point Hospital.

Already on Gamepass and had a little dabble on Two Points before. Quite fun!  Its a good shout that actually!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline candys

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1165 on: January 6, 2021, 02:24:40 pm »
car racing games, esp I like GTA 5 and racing games on https://www.friv2online.com/ they are free and available online. For me it's the best way to practice my gaming skills and have some fun. Gaming is my passion.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2021, 04:44:53 pm by candys »

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: January 6, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »
Absolutely caning Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars whilst I patiently wait to eventually get a PS5....

Fantastic game.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1167 on: January 6, 2021, 10:28:05 pm »
The Tony Hawk remaster. Superb. Reliving my early teen years. Picked up again so quickly after so long. Great game.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: January 6, 2021, 11:05:24 pm »
The Tony Hawk remaster. Superb. Reliving my early teen years. Picked up again so quickly after so long. Great game.
They have to bring this to Switch.
I’ll burn my thumbs to the bone if they do.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1169 on: January 9, 2021, 12:01:19 pm »
I've got a trial of Game pass on my Xbox and thought I would give Planet Coaster a go.

As someone who loved Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Theme Park, I love this. Brings it right up to date and it's great making your own rollercoasters

Online richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #1170 on: January 9, 2021, 02:37:16 pm »
Pretty much missed a lot of the last gen but the kids got a series x for Christmas.

Downloaded forza 4 from the game pass. Wow, its fantastic. Ive always loved driving games, but not ones that are ultra realistic. Could play on it for hours.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1171 on: January 11, 2021, 08:46:58 am »
Pretty much missed a lot of the last gen but the kids got a series x for Christmas.

Downloaded forza 4 from the game pass. Wow, its fantastic. Ive always loved driving games, but not ones that are ultra realistic. Could play on it for hours.
Not a massive fan of driving games but as its on Gamepass and optimised for the Series X I thought I'd give it a download.

Very impressive.

Loved the intro opening where you race through the season. Thought it looked really fantastic.
"Salahs in here......"

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1172 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:52 am »
Everything about it is fantastic, but the Showcase events are absolutely glorious to look at.
AHA!

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1173 on: January 11, 2021, 02:49:23 pm »
I got Immortals: Fenyx Rising for cheap, it came on Saturday.

I was already kind of looking forward to it but I've been surprised at how much I like it.  I'm about 10 hours in and really, really enjoying it.

It gets comparisons to BOTW, which I can clearly see, but it is trying to be different in some ways too.  It's got full voice acting, your weapons don't break, you can mark things on your map...  It's interesting to me, those are three things that many BOTW fans enjoyed not having in that game.  They were things I didn't really enjoy though.  To be honest, and I know I'll get abuse for this, Immortals is more of my type of game than BOTW is (as great as that game is).

If you like the idea or style of BOTW but you're generally a more Western-centric type of gamer, I'd recommend trying this out.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1174 on: January 11, 2021, 04:43:11 pm »
Been playing a lot of co-op games over the winter.

Currently playing through the Dark Souls (Remastered), from a co-op point of view I wish the game was more linear like Dark Souls 3. Such an outstanding game though.

Also been ploughing through Newer Super Mario Bros Wii, such an hilarious game to play co-op with how the collisions work. Playing through an emulator on PC with NetPlay, enables you to play traditionally local-only multiplayer games online and works great! If anyone wants this drop me a PM and I can upload it ;D
:D

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: January 13, 2021, 09:40:36 pm »
Just beat Mr. Dream in Punch-Out!! on the Switch. He was an absolute bastard.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1176 on: January 16, 2021, 01:05:21 am »
My mates got me into that Call of Duty: Warzone.

Fun with mates, don't think I could play it on my own.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: January 16, 2021, 08:45:06 am »
Maneater is one of PS Plus game's this month. It's alot of fun going from a baby shark to one big ass bad one eating humans! :D

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1178 on: January 17, 2021, 11:07:23 pm »
Playing The Division 2 a lot at the moment - it’s so addictive. Might have to buy the New York expansion when it goes on sale, hopefully soon.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1179 on: January 18, 2021, 01:30:38 am »
Dropped Cyberpunk and picked up Hades, which has been incredible. It's been a long time since I've had so much fun playing a game.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: January 18, 2021, 09:33:17 am »
Playing The Division 2 a lot at the moment - it’s so addictive. Might have to buy the New York expansion when it goes on sale, hopefully soon.

It was at xmas, £7 I paid for it at the UBI store. Fortunately UBI do many sales so another should be soon.

If you like looter shooters then Destiny 2 is well worth a punt, been playing it solid for 2 months now, love it!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: January 18, 2021, 09:36:48 am »
Dropped Cyberpunk and picked up Hades, which has been incredible. It's been a long time since I've had so much fun playing a game.

I got it on the Switch, its okay. A very polished game but it doesn't do it for me, though think I'm in a minority! I preferred Dead Cells.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 18, 2021, 10:20:09 am »
I got it on the Switch, its okay. A very polished game but it doesn't do it for me, though think I'm in a minority! I preferred Dead Cells.

Interesting games to compare, both have very polished gameplay. I've played both a lot, but I found Dead Cells to be really reliant on the weapon you get at the start, giving you less overal control over the run. You blindly go in and unlock weapons, without understanding that these crap weapons will dilute your future runs. Maybe I'm missing something, but some runs really felt doomed from the start - much more so than with Hades where boons were random but you could control a lot by choosing the weapon and adapting. Dunno, enjoyed both but I can't see myself going back to Dead Cells often.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: January 18, 2021, 10:51:06 am »
Detroit: Become Human.

Very good so far

Completed the witcher 3 DLCs too which were brilliant
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: January 18, 2021, 10:52:35 am »
Yes, if there is one thing Hades gets a thumbs up from me is the boons and power increase with each run. Its just the dash and smash mechanic does my head in a bit, I get hit randomly and not even sure what knocked a chunk of health off. With Dead Cells, with careful gameplay I could avoid such situations, it feels a bit more fair, but also unfair, as you say, as its random on the weapons you find at the start and this can drastically affect your run for sure.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: January 18, 2021, 10:58:15 am »
need for speed hot pursuit remastered, still one of my favourite games ever.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: January 18, 2021, 11:18:21 am »
need for speed hot pursuit remastered, still one of my favourite games ever.
Playing that on the Switch. Great game. Without analog trigger buttons I’ve resorted to steering with left stick and accelerating with right stick. It works - that is until you have to activate weapons in Hot Pursuit and Gauntlet races [emoji16]

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1187 on: January 18, 2021, 06:42:29 pm »
Gone on a gaming binge since Christmas ;D one way to cope with lockdown with two small children...

On Switch I’ve played through Pokemon Shield and Let’s Go Pikachu. Both good fun (and the latter nostalgic). Recommend the former as a more interesting game if someone is thinking of buying them. The Let’s Go games are fun but the battles can sometimes feel like a bit of a grind. The joy of getting Mewtwo at the end and just ending every battle on one move :lmao

On PS4 I’ve played a few VR games (it was a chrimbo present). Rick and Morty, Superhot and Moss. The first is fun enough but I’d definitely only recommend it if you were a fan of the series and the motion tracking is a bit crap at times. Superhot is brilliant fun, felt like you were in the Matrix dodging things. Moss is a lovely game, it’s a really beautiful design and the puzzles are interesting without being overly challenging. Recommend both of the latter.

Might start Assassins Creed Valhalla next. Or Hades on the Switch. Anything to distract me from home schooling...

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: January 18, 2021, 07:14:28 pm »
Gone on a gaming binge since Christmas ;D one way to cope with lockdown with two small children...

On Switch I’ve played through Pokemon Shield and Let’s Go Pikachu. Both good fun (and the latter nostalgic). Recommend the former as a more interesting game if someone is thinking of buying them. The Let’s Go games are fun but the battles can sometimes feel like a bit of a grind. The joy of getting Mewtwo at the end and just ending every battle on one move :lmao

On PS4 I’ve played a few VR games (it was a chrimbo present). Rick and Morty, Superhot and Moss. The first is fun enough but I’d definitely only recommend it if you were a fan of the series and the motion tracking is a bit crap at times. Superhot is brilliant fun, felt like you were in the Matrix dodging things. Moss is a lovely game, it’s a really beautiful design and the puzzles are interesting without being overly challenging. Recommend both of the latter.

Might start Assassins Creed Valhalla next. Or Hades on the Switch. Anything to distract me from home schooling...

Need you in a draft pal, we have 15! It's players who never won CL/UEFA/CWC or the Copa Libertadores
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1189 on: January 18, 2021, 07:24:18 pm »
Need you in a draft pal, we have 15! It's players who never won CL/UEFA/CWC or the Copa Libertadores

Why do you assume I have time on my hands...

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: January 18, 2021, 07:36:16 pm »
Why do you assume I have time on my hands...

I saw "Assassin's Creed" and thought "now there's a guy who wants to do aimless tasks for no reward"  ;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1191 on: January 18, 2021, 07:46:34 pm »
I saw "Assassin's Creed" and thought "now there's a guy who wants to do aimless tasks for no reward"  ;D

:lmao :lmao :lmao

You're my favourite in all of RAWK-land...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1192 on: January 18, 2021, 09:44:29 pm »
Yes, if there is one thing Hades gets a thumbs up from me is the boons and power increase with each run. Its just the dash and smash mechanic does my head in a bit, I get hit randomly and not even sure what knocked a chunk of health off. With Dead Cells, with careful gameplay I could avoid such situations, it feels a bit more fair, but also unfair, as you say, as its random on the weapons you find at the start and this can drastically affect your run for sure.

That's how I'm finding it as well but I think that's partly down to me not being good enough at the game. Dashing is such a reliable way to prevent damage that there's a temptation to just use it all the time just to stay on the move. But I think better players would deploy it more deliberately and there would be less random dashing.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: January 18, 2021, 10:12:58 pm »

;D

I’m playing Stardew Valley. A calm and relaxing game in these chaotic times.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1194 on: January 18, 2021, 10:36:17 pm »
Calm and relaxing? I think it gets rather stressful most of the time... ;)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: January 18, 2021, 11:03:39 pm »
Hitman 2 which is great, love the replayability of each level.
Downloaded Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition in the sale for £7.99, so it's next.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: January 19, 2021, 09:50:25 am »
Calm and relaxing? I think it gets rather stressful most of the time... ;)

Its stressful juggling my girlfriends and wives but I find the farming relaxing  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: January 19, 2021, 10:33:58 am »
Playing that on the Switch. Great game. Without analog trigger buttons I’ve resorted to steering with left stick and accelerating with right stick. It works - that is until you have to activate weapons in Hot Pursuit and Gauntlet races [emoji16]

The one that's killing me at the moment is SCPD fast response or whatever it's called in the Porsche and you can't hit anything. I think I've had about 300 goes ;D

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: January 19, 2021, 11:38:45 am »
:D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: January 20, 2021, 10:06:45 am »

I mentioned in the GOTY thread that Hades is by far my favourite (not that I play a lot of them the past year), but I have to requalify that by saying it's one of my all time favourites. Just  an absolute blast, love the combat, the music and the challenge, but I think the writing and the voice acting does it for me, it's just stunning, I genuinely look forward to every character interaction and there's hardly a throwaway line in the game, which hasn't happened in ages, if ever.