Author Topic: Star Wars: Battlefront II  (Read 18913 times)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »
call off the hounds, we've got it all wrong

EA have told us that it's not gambling, panic over
STFU and agree with me.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2017, 03:20:35 am »
They've temporarily removed transactions and made all progress gameplay based. Doesn't say how long for.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2017, 03:42:55 am »
They've temporarily removed transactions and made all progress gameplay based. Doesn't say how long for.

Don't fall for it!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2017, 05:00:26 am »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2017, 06:34:18 am »
As soon as they reach the initial sales target it'll be back.

"Suckers..."
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2017, 07:59:21 am »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2017, 07:59:30 am »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2017, 01:15:30 pm »
What a fucking shit show for Dice. Feel sorry for the developers who’ve grafted to make a decent game, only for the executive team to ruin it for everyone.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2017, 07:20:49 pm »
What a fucking shit show for Dice. Feel sorry for the developers who’ve grafted to make a decent game, only for the executive team to ruin it for everyone.

Yep, some of the best developers in the business. Fucking shite really.
:D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2017, 07:31:45 pm »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »
That's what you get when you join a company like EA. I mean look at respawn, they brought a new team together after infinity ward with Activision. Now they've decided to sell to EA. Some developers really should stay independent. A bit like insomniac have.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:52 pm »
I don't. DICE have stank the place out for a while now with some of their most recent releases. BF3 was a mess at launch, and BF4 was worse. BF2, by all accounts, is a bugged out mess. They sold their soul's to EA, knowing rightly what the demands on them were. They're as culpable in this as EA are.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »
Ok, is this just me. Ive been playing since 11am ish and just cant seem to get into it. Really liked the 1st one. I keep going in between the Campaign and the 2 multi player options. I feel like im missing something. Used to play the hell out of Walker Assault on the 1st one, but on this I cant choose what mode to play (be it walker, droid run, their version of capture the flag). I am doing something wrong or do these not exist anymore?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2017, 02:15:05 am »
I don't. DICE have stank the place out for a while now with some of their most recent releases. BF3 was a mess at launch, and BF4 was worse. BF2, by all accounts, is a bugged out mess. They sold their soul's to EA, knowing rightly what the demands on them were. They're as culpable in this as EA are.

They were bought out by EA in 2004, massively different landscape then. EA were actually releasing gems like Burnout 3, SSX 3, LOTR: Return of the King etc.

DICE's first disaster launch was almost 10 years later in 2013, an unfinished game EA didn't want to delay because they saw that COD money and wanted Battlefield 4 to compete. That's not on the DICE developers, games get delayed, I forget how many times Sony exclusives get pushed back because they aren't ready - and they're all the better for it.

Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 1 were utterly smooth too, I can't speak for the technical issues with Battlefront 2 but DICE haven't really stank the place out.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2017, 07:56:21 am »
Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield loot crates will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »
which is great because then your buddies can pay for some accelerated progress and catch up with you
STFU and agree with me.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »
Ok, is this just me. Ive been playing since 11am ish and just cant seem to get into it. Really liked the 1st one. I keep going in between the Campaign and the 2 multi player options. I feel like im missing something. Used to play the hell out of Walker Assault on the 1st one, but on this I cant choose what mode to play (be it walker, droid run, their version of capture the flag). I am doing something wrong or do these not exist anymore?

Try Galactic Assault

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2017, 03:44:07 pm »
Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield loot crates will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Reddit.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2017, 05:09:20 pm »
Try Galactic Assault

I have.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:38 pm »
Battlefront will never be the barometer to gauge whether this shit will go mainstream. It's going to sell and sell well regardless of loot crates and pay2win.

Let's see what happens when they try it in a franchise that doesn't have Star Wars backing it up.
I guess you are right about that, it will sell.
And personally I don't give a shit about that.
The only thing I am worried about is that everybody now wants to make money, and that is it.
Games have become nothing more than buggy, nice looking toys.
And I fear for a company like CD Project, having done so well to get into the tipple bullshit league.
What will they do now that they have arrived in the land of decadence and cosumer rape ?
I fear that making a lot of money is no longer enough.
It has to be more money now ...

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2017, 06:24:57 pm »
We ain't the only ones getting stung on extra charges...

https://youtu.be/4Y4YSpF6d6w

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:42 pm »
Haven't been into a game this much for a long time to be honest, think it's proper boss. I've mostly been playing heroes vs villains but started the campaign earlier tonight and I can't believe how good the graphics are, it could almost pass for a film.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2017, 10:00:23 pm »
Haven't been into a game this much for a long time to be honest, think it's proper boss. I've mostly been playing heroes vs villains but started the campaign earlier tonight and I can't believe how good the graphics are, it could almost pass for a film.

;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2017, 11:20:52 am »
With the removal (well suspension!) of the loot crate system, I'm tempted to get this....

But I'm gonna hold firm and wait til after Xmas, it'll be half the price then
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2017, 01:01:50 pm »
Yeah I'm going to wait and see what they roll out. I was really looking forward to playing it as well on release but so be it, principles come first!

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2017, 12:58:35 pm »
I blagged a free copy it has good graphics that’s about it really

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2017, 03:54:56 pm »
With the removal (well suspension!) of the loot crate system, I'm tempted to get this....

But I'm gonna hold firm and wait til after Xmas, it'll be half the price then

I tried that with Hardline but the player base dropped faster than the price.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 1, 2017, 04:33:12 am »
I guess you are right about that, it will sell.
And personally I don't give a shit about that.
The only thing I am worried about is that everybody now wants to make money, and that is it.
Games have become nothing more than buggy, nice looking toys.
And I fear for a company like CD Project, having done so well to get into the tipple bullshit league.
What will they do now that they have arrived in the land of decadence and cosumer rape ?

I fear that making a lot of money is no longer enough.
It has to be more money now ...

There was a concern that CDPR were going to go down the microtransaction/"games as a service" route quite recently (mid-November) and CDPR replied thus:

Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others.

They CDPR seem pretty adamant that they're not going to shaft consumers "EA style" and given their track record so far I'm inclined to believe them.

On a side note, the microtransactions/gambling investigation clusterfuck has seen EA have 3 BILLION USD wiped off their share market value.  Mwahahahaha!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2017, 04:48:56 am by Darren G »

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 1, 2017, 09:05:45 am »
There was a concern that CDPR were going to go down the microtransaction/"games as a service" route quite recently (mid-November) and CDPR replied thus:

Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others.

They CDPR seem pretty adamant that they're not going to shaft consumers "EA style" and given their track record so far I'm inclined to believe them.

Yes, I did see that too.
Although when I wrote that stuff about my fear for CDPR, I was not aware of that interview they did on Polish television.
Very cool that they responded so fast to dismiss people's fears.
It's clear to me that the future of games that I want to play comes from our continent, Europe.
CDPR are a wonderful company that is still finding out how far they can go in making great games.
Larian Studios from Belgium have made 2 absolutely fantastic RPG's in Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) and Divinity: Original Sin 2.
The Bethesda's, EA's and Activisions can fuck off for all I care. Skyrim and Far Cry 3 were great games but after that it all became "so so".
I still hate it that id Software have joined Bethesda because they still made some good stuff in the most recent DooM and Wolfensteins (although I have not played the New Colossus yet).

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 1, 2017, 01:33:05 pm »
Yes, I did see that too.
Although when I wrote that stuff about my fear for CDPR, I was not aware of that interview they did on Polish television.
Very cool that they responded so fast to dismiss people's fears.
It's clear to me that the future of games that I want to play comes from our continent, Europe.
CDPR are a wonderful company that is still finding out how far they can go in making great games.
Larian Studios from Belgium have made 2 absolutely fantastic RPG's in Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) and Divinity: Original Sin 2.
The Bethesda's, EA's and Activisions can fuck off for all I care. Skyrim and Far Cry 3 were great games but after that it all became "so so".
I still hate it that id Software have joined Bethesda because they still made some good stuff in the most recent DooM and Wolfensteins (although I have not played the New Colossus yet).

Can't disagree with any of that, other than that I think that Skyrim is overrated and in many ways a step backwards from Oblivion.  I think that Bethesda have been resting on their laurels for some time now. 

Funny that you mentioned Larian, because I've been thinking about having a go at divinity:original sin 2 for a while now.   That type of RPG is not one I've played for a loooong time, but people seem to LOVE that game and the reviews have been great, so I'm tempted to get it soon.  Sinking all of my gaming time into Project Cars 2 right now though.  Anyhow, we've probably derailed the thread enough.    ;D

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 1, 2017, 02:40:53 pm »
For me Skyrim was the introduction to that genre of games.
After finishing it I played Oblivion and I agree completely, it was a much better game with a lot more depth in writing and general story telling.
Skyrim was, of course, better looking, and the crafting system was better too, a real shame they took that too far in Fallout 4 ...
The hording of stuff to create something casual was a distraction from, rather then an addition to gameplay.

At the moment I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2.
Man, it's fucking hard ! It took me 2 retries to decide what sort of characters I needed to have a proper chance of ending this game.
But it's a deep game with lots of stories in it that you will have to find yourself by talking and looking around.
It is a game that takes you out of the modern day gaming mindset, you really can't rely on the old cliche's to help you out in this one.
The 1st game was somewhat easier, Enhanced Edition is also fully voice acted and is excellent too.
Well worth giving them a go, if you've got time to play ...

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 1, 2017, 02:49:59 pm »
i put 30 hours into Original Sin 1 and then realised i was bored with it

sometimes you can make a game too big ;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 2, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »
i put 30 hours into Original Sin 1 and then realised i was bored with it

sometimes you can make a game too big ;D
Can you remember what battle made you stop playing ?

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 4, 2017, 05:40:18 pm »
They've upped the amount of credits you receive for completing rounds now as well as the amount you get in your daily crate. Last Jedi week starts sometime over the next few days too, with two new heroes (Finn and Phasma) as well as a load of daily and weekend challenges.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #154 on: December 4, 2017, 06:00:44 pm »
They've upped the amount of credits you receive for completing rounds now as well as the amount you get in your daily crate. Last Jedi week starts sometime over the next few days too, with two new heroes (Finn and Phasma) as well as a load of daily and weekend challenges.

it's not really going to fix it though, the whole progression system is built around pay to win, even if they remove micro transactions for good progression will still be down to star cards and the luck of the draw, the only thing that will save it in my opinion is replacing the current system with a traditional xp system where how you perform in game dictates how fast you progress and what abilities/perks you have access to

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #155 on: December 5, 2017, 11:07:13 am »

CDPR are a horrible company who overwork, underpay and mismanage across the board.

EA are money grabbing but at least they don't treat their staff like shit.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 5, 2017, 11:29:59 am »
CDPR are a horrible company who overwork, underpay and mismanage across the board.

I think he’s meant purely from a gaming perspective. I know CDPR have been widely criticised on Glassdoor and rightly so, the development team should be treated with more respect given their achievements with the Witcher 3. They’ve released a statement though saying they take worker rights seriously so I imagine they’ll be changes soon enough.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #157 on: December 5, 2017, 11:38:03 am »
I think he’s meant purely from a gaming perspective. I know CDPR have been widely criticised on Glassdoor and rightly so, the development team should be treated with more respect given their achievements with the Witcher 3. They’ve released a statement though saying they take worker rights seriously so I imagine they’ll be changes soon enough.

Bit late in the day though, they've lost most of their lead developers - staff retention has been a huge issue but these guys had been there for years. (Lead Engine Programmer, AI Programmer, Physics Porgrammer, Graphics Programmer, Combat Designer and more.)

Cyberpunk didn't even start development until the start of this year after being announced in 2012 and has been scaled back on features 10 fold.

I think the heart of the team just isn't there any more. Adam Badowski has run it into the ground, their CEOs don't care because Witcher brings in money - hello EA.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2017, 11:40:16 am by Kashinoda »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 5, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
Can you remember what battle made you stop playing ?

Not a clue. It wasn't because I got stuck on a battle or anything, I just gradually stopped playing.
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 6, 2017, 01:16:15 pm »

There are indeed stories circulating about not optimal working conditions at CDPR.
However, it is common knowledge that EA had to settle lawsuits regarding the subject for millions of dollars.

from Wiki:

In 2004, Electronic Arts was criticized for employees working extraordinarily long hours, up to 100 hours per week, as a routine practice rather than occasionally to meet critical goals such as release of a major new product.
The publication of the EA Spouse blog, with criticisms such as "The current mandatory hours are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.—seven days a week—with the occasional Saturday evening off for good behavior (at 6:30 PM)."
The company has since settled a class action lawsuit brought by game artists to compensate for unpaid overtime.
The class was awarded US$15.6 million.
As a result, many of the lower-level developers (artists, programmers, producers, and designers) are now working at an hourly rate.
A similar suit brought by programmers was settled for US$14.9 million.

;)