Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 347812 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #1480 on: April 25, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
Lallana is back in full training tomorrow. It's a massive, massive boost for our chances. We can all see without him and Mane we're toiling and struggling to move the ball as quickly as we can. It's also gonna be a domino effect with Can moving back to his best position. We are in a much better position now to play much better football than we have recently, it should go a long way to boosting our chances of getting best possible results these last 4 games.

Love Lallana and it's an undeniable boost because he provides us with genuine quality both on and off the ball from midfield, but it's still not going to provide us with any pace & quality out wide which is our biggest problem.

Also I wouldn't be so sure about getting Can back in his 'best position' as I could easily see him dropping Origi.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1481 on: April 25, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »
As much as I'm still in the "doubt we will do it" group, one thing worth considering is the congestion of Utd's fixture list. They have A LOT of games of play in a very short space of time. Knowing them, that could mean a few 0-0 draws. Let's just hope those are in a few games they're expected to win!

I think United will draw a lot of games. I can't see them beating Spurs, or Arsenal unless those teams arses explode.

I can see them drawing against Swansea or Southampton however.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1482 on: April 25, 2017, 04:06:41 pm »
Lallana is back in full training tomorrow. It's a massive, massive boost for our chances. We can all see without him and Mane we're toiling and struggling to move the ball as quickly as we can. It's also gonna be a domino effect with Can moving back to his best position. We are in a much better position now to play much better football than we have recently, it should go a long way to boosting our chances of getting best possible results these last 4 games.

Lallana will be a boost but we really needed Sturridge to stay fit to at least give us some options going forward. Origi looks useless at the moment and another attacking option was imperative.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: April 25, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »
I think United will draw a lot of games. I can't see them beating Spurs, or Arsenal unless those teams arses explode.

I can see them drawing against Swansea or Southampton however.

They will beat Swansea and Saints. Southampton have lost to all the top teams bar us and Swansea are awful.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1484 on: April 25, 2017, 04:14:26 pm »
Lallana will be a boost but we really needed Sturridge to stay fit to at least give us some options going forward. Origi looks useless at the moment and another attacking option was imperative.
I agree he looked useless but think Lallana's return will have a double impact, Can will be back to his best position and Gini will profit from having another genuine pass and move midfielder next to him (let's not forget we played our best football this season with Gini and Lallana in front of Can/Henderson). So if we just move the ball quicker in midfield there will be good chances for Origi and one thing he showed that he's not so bad at taking good chances away.

I'm not surprised any striker would struggle with Lucas - Can - Wijnaldum midfield. Against Palace we practically played the same as we did vs Stoke and Wba.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: April 25, 2017, 04:33:04 pm »
I agree he looked useless but think Lallana's return will have a double impact, Can will be back to his best position and Gini will profit from having another genuine pass and move midfielder next to him (let's not forget we played our best football this season with Gini and Lallana in front of Can/Henderson). So if we just move the ball quicker in midfield there will be good chances for Origi and one thing he showed that he's not so bad at taking good chances away.

I'm not surprised any striker would struggle with Lucas - Can - Wijnaldum midfield. Against Palace we practically played the same as we did vs Stoke and Wba.

I think there is a chance Origi or even Lallana starts from the bench just to give us an option later.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1486 on: April 25, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »
I think there is a chance Origi or even Lallana starts from the bench just to give us an option later.

You could be right. Origi has always provided a nice spark from the bench and may well be utilised that way.

If Lallana trains from tomorrow on-wards he'll be in the starting eleven. No question.

We'll see. All I know is that this business is causing sleepless nights. Hoping like fuck we can scrape through.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1487 on: April 25, 2017, 05:02:18 pm »
All I know is that this business is causing sleepless nights. Hoping like fuck we can scrape through.

Likewise. Literally.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1488 on: April 25, 2017, 05:49:52 pm »
They will beat Swansea and Saints. Southampton have lost to all the top teams bar us and Swansea are awful.

I'll split the difference with you. Have a feeling Swansea will force a draw or at least could do it. Let's see how shit Southampton are today against Chelsea.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline StrawberryFieldsForever

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1489 on: April 25, 2017, 06:08:18 pm »
Likewise. Literally.
I'm the same. Sleepless nights and bloody endless days at work. Perfect combination  :thumbup

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: April 25, 2017, 06:26:25 pm »
Likewise. Literally.

I would hardly say its sleepless nights but when the chase for top four isnt very exciting. Its a slog at the moment and its crap to see us trying to eek out extra amounts in games when we are clearly on our last legs.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1491 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »
Watford are not a very good team anything less than 3pts is a disaster.

I'd be much more worried had they not won their last 3 home games without conceding a single goal. But even then it really depends on which version of our defence turns up on the day.
YWNA

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1492 on: April 25, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
I'd be much more worried had they not won their last 3 home games without conceding a single goal. But even then it really depends on which version of our defence turns up on the day.

Sunderland
Swansea
Albion

Like I said we should be beating Watford.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1493 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:50 pm »
Just hope that City show up and don't pull a Chelsea.   Even though we screwed ourselves if Chelsea would have shown up we wouldn't even be in any sort of panic right now.  We know United will not draw or lose to Swansea, just won't happen so we need to pull for City.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: April 25, 2017, 07:49:11 pm »
I'd be much more worried had they not won their last 3 home games without conceding a single goal.
against Swansea, West Brom and Sunderland. Last good team they played at home was Southampton and they lost 4-3

Online bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1495 on: April 25, 2017, 08:55:54 pm »
Southampton aren't playing badly at all despite what the scoreline currently suggests. Will give United and ourselves a game at least.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:38 pm »
Southampton aren't playing badly at all despite what the scoreline currently suggests. Will give United and ourselves a game at least.

They don't seem to want to beat/frustrate anyone besides us this season in the top group.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:38 pm »
Really feel we need a city win on thursday. City are getting top four either way with their run in imo. United will beat Swansea.  But they'll definitely drop points in their remaining four fixtures.  Our job is to drop less in our four.   50/50 time.    A united win on Thursday and they're favourites.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #1498 on: April 25, 2017, 09:49:46 pm »
Spurs may have nothing to play for by the time they face Utd, no chance of the title and no risk of finishing 4th and pre-qualifiers.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:35 pm »
Spurs may have nothing to play for by the time they face Utd, no chance of the title and no risk of finishing 4th and pre-qualifiers.

Chelsea play Everton at Goodison soon, and Chelsea don't have a good record there lately. So could possibly lose there.

Online bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1500 on: April 25, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »

They'll not want to lose their unbeaten home record either way. And they'll want to show Utd they're better than them.

The whole 'they have nothing to play for' doesn't really affect top teams as much as others, they'll never just roll over against a rival.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1501 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:37 pm »
Chelsea play Everton at Goodison soon, and Chelsea don't have a good record there lately. So could possibly lose there.
If Spurs lose tomorrow they're done.

As long as Aguero is fit then I can't see City losing. A draw would be a shit result too. A 5-0 City win effectively puts us another point ahead of them. One can dream.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1502 on: April 25, 2017, 10:13:51 pm »
If Spurs lose tomorrow they're done.

We could be done for too.  If they do lose tomorrow then they'll be on the Spursy Beach before they play the Mancs.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: April 25, 2017, 10:23:49 pm »
We could be done for too.  If they do lose tomorrow then they'll be on the Spursy Beach before they play the Mancs.
After the end of last season, I don't think Poch will allow his players to lose focus so easily
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:32 pm »
Watford (a) W, Southampton (h) W, West Ham (a) W, Middlesbrough (h) W.   There you go, nice and easy 4th place!

More realistically Watford (a) D,  Southampton (h) L,  leaving two wins needed to have any chance of top 4.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:33:05 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: April 25, 2017, 10:44:28 pm »
Spurs will want to finish as strongly as they can

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1506 on: April 25, 2017, 11:01:01 pm »
We need to win all of our games, simple.

Yes, I know that not winning them all with other teams around us possibly dropping points could still realistically have us finish in the top 4, but if we win our remaining 4 which is by no stretch of the imagination impossible, I feel with 99% certainty that we'll be there come season's end. No way are United going on some majestic run beating the likes of City, Arsenal and Tottenham to overtake us if we win all of ours.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: April 25, 2017, 11:04:54 pm »
Now that the Palace game isn't making me see red, looking at those fixtures I think we'll beat Watford, West Ham and Boro. The Southampton game is really tough to call though. A draw against them, 76 points and a decent goal difference really should be enough.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »
its their last game at white hart lane so doubt they tank it

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:17 pm »

Their last home game at White Hart Lane before they move to Wembley is against Man Unted. Even if they're out of it, that should be a very noisy game and one they will want to win. Mourinho can pop a balloon or two of course, but that should be a tasty game whatever the table says at the time.

Online drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: April 25, 2017, 11:24:45 pm »
I seem to remember Spurs collapsing last year when the title fell out of reach. Third in a two horse race and all that.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: April 25, 2017, 11:43:11 pm »
I seem to remember Spurs collapsing last year when the title fell out of reach. Third in a two horse race and all that.

and so therefore they will collapse again?

They might be reminded about last year if they find themselves out of the title race, and may want to ensure that doesn't get repeated. And all that.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42:43 am »
They weren't leaving their long term home then though.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1513 on: April 26, 2017, 09:44:09 am »
Quite apart from the top four, it's really important that somebody beats Utd soon.  I don't want them carrying a thirty-match unbeaten run into next season.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:11 am »
Quite apart from the top four, it's really important that somebody beats Utd soon.  I don't want them carrying a thirty-match unbeaten run into next season.

They're unbeaten in 9 in all comps.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1515 on: April 26, 2017, 09:51:49 am »
They're unbeaten in 9 in all comps.
They've hardly been all that convincing, I can see them losing to City.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1516 on: April 26, 2017, 09:54:34 am »
Being a Liverpool fan has knocked at least 30 years off my life expectancy

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: April 26, 2017, 09:56:37 am »
Being a Liverpool fan has knocked at least 30 years off my life expectancy

;D so true this. We will never will do things the easy way.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1518 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:02 am »
They've hardly been all that convincing, I can see them losing to City.

I dunno, i've seen a few of their drawn games and they've been spurning chances left, right and centre, with opposition goalkeepers getting man-of-the-match.

There's an argument to say they're playing pretty well, and have improved as the season has progressed.

If I was a United fan i'd be fancying my chances given the position they're in anyway.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1519 on: April 26, 2017, 10:04:45 am »

Like last year?

We need another 9 points out of 12. If we don't achieve that then I'll highly doubt we'll make top 4
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker