Author Topic: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Ibrahimovic 84')  (Read 65748 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: FT Man United 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner p 27'; Ibrahimovic 84')
« Reply #840 on: January 15, 2017, 10:41:18 pm »
Ultimately disappointed not to take all three points but I'll probably feel better about it tomorrow.

This team has come a hell of a long way and that performance solidifies that belief for me.

How much of a prick is Mourinho by the way. The Twat talking about how defensive we were  ::)

And yet we created more chances than they did. Explain that one Mourinho.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #841 on: January 15, 2017, 10:45:03 pm »
Good result. Frustrating at the time, but I don't see how it can be viewed as anything other than a good result.

1 - We haven't won in the league against them since 2014. Old Trafford is nearly always a defeat.
2 - They're not a bunch of no-hopers, they're only 5 points behind us.
3 - We are missing some key players.

I wanted us to challenge for fourth before the season and that's what we're on course to do. I think a lot of fans are too fixated on the league title. I say that as someone who has never seen us win one, so believe me I want it as bad as anyone. But we've reached the top four once in the last what, seven years? More than that? If we're in the hunt around March, then sure, talk about the title. For now I for one am content that we're in a much healthier position than the last two seasons and that our squad and manager look pretty good for the future. If we finish in the top four, the league campaign goes down as a success.

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
« Reply #842 on: January 15, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »
Lots of big performances out there today. Disappointing to concede so late obviously and just wish we were a bit more clinical on the counter. Always thought we would get that second goal and didn't think we were under that much pressure second half. That's football, they got a lucky break. Seen more than enough to believe that we will be in the mix with 5 games to go.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: January 15, 2017, 11:03:19 pm »
Pog should have been booked for the handball also for the headlock on Hendo as well as fouling players in  the Liverpool wall when they had a free kick.
YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2017, 11:03:34 pm »
Not sure if this is discussed elsewhere, but, The African cup of Nations was scheduled. We all knew there was an issue with Matip. Why was this not sorted out?
Why is it still not sorted out? Totally ridiculous.

What do you mean by sorted out? I assume we thought it was - seems like a last minute objection.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: January 15, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »
MOTD commentator " Firmino just smashed Herrera in the face" 

No he bloody didn't..!
YNWA

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2017, 11:06:56 pm »
Kinda hard to get a penalty in your own box though. :D

They'd of fuckin got it!!   ;)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: January 15, 2017, 11:07:51 pm »
Mourinho criticising a defensive display...

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: January 15, 2017, 11:08:41 pm »
Just heard Mourinho say they defended at Anfield earlier in the season and got criticised and we did the same today in the second half, and lets see if we get criticised and the critics are fair.
Even if it were true, surely even Jose Mourinho isn't as stupid to see the glaring difference in the 2 situations ????

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #849 on: January 15, 2017, 11:10:12 pm »
Just heard Mourinho say they defended at Anfield earlier in the season and got criticised and we did the same today in the second half, and lets see if we get criticised and the critics are fair.
Even if it were true, surely even Jose Mourinho isn't as stupid to see the glaring difference in the 2 situations ????

hes just a wind up merchant ....

Ignore..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: January 15, 2017, 11:11:48 pm »
hes just a wind up merchant ....

Ignore..

Yeah you're right. I just have to remind myself he paid 90 million for Pogba when he speaks now  ;)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #851 on: January 15, 2017, 11:14:02 pm »
It all depends on the ref. If he doesn't see it then which ever player commits a offence can be punished but if a ref sees it a has chosen to let it go then nothing can be done

I think we all know it depends on whether the ref has seen it.

In this case, if Oliver has seen Hendo being flung to the floor with Pogba's hands around his neck, then it will be Oliver who is facing retrospective action, not Pogba.

Get real. It's obvious the referee never saw it. Oliver would be a fool to admit he did.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #852 on: January 15, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »
 Match of the Day 2...stitch up!! Must have been edited by a manc. Didn't show Rooney's assault on Milner. Didn't show Winaldum's headed chance, nor Origi's run at the manc defence in the first half when he had three of them all over the place. And they are only the incidents I remember. Absolute joke.....bit like Oliver and Morinhou :no

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:04 pm »
If ever a point earned felt like three, that was it. They've been in ominous form and we had a debutant in our line up. For us to defend like we did and also create those chances to win it, it says a lot about the character and quality of the squad.

We switched off for a second when no one picked up Ibrahimovic for the equaliser but aside from that we were great.

Pogba's assault on Henderson should earn him a retrospective suspension (violent conduct) but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #854 on: January 15, 2017, 11:16:05 pm »
Disappointed, but I think we just gave them a few too many chances and eventually they were going to take one. We did defend fairly well overall but we probably didn't control the game well enough with the ball esp in the second half (most of our best work was without the ball). There were times when we were doing well to break up their attacks, then promptly handed the ball back to them through our own poor passing.

Am pissed that this would've been a great 3 points, but the problem is that 1 nil leads are always going to be tough to hold onto against other top teams so sometimes we we will gift them one back under an aerial bombardment. Oh how we could've done with Matip coming on at that stage. Hope he now tells Cameroon to fuck right off (and I'm hoping they go out in the first round).

Now we find ourselves 7 behind and behind Spurs as well - that result at Sunderland is the one that's fucked us up, not today. The positive is that tactically we did a job, and almost got it done. Now we need to start winning, and go on a long run to get ourselves back into the race.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: January 15, 2017, 11:16:10 pm »
 Nor the offside before they scored.
YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #856 on: January 15, 2017, 11:20:47 pm »
Its probably worth pointing out that in terms of away games Liverpool have played 9 of the top 11 away. Just Stoke and City away are left in the top half of the table away.

It's also worth pointing out that we've dropped massive points against lower half shite too
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #857 on: January 15, 2017, 11:20:56 pm »
nah he's just deflecting, pre empting criticism for not winning, suggesting it's our fault for being defensive. As if today was in anyway comparable, we had something to defend, a goal lead, even then we  hardly sat back we had more than 10 efforts at goal at the swamp and several chances to make it 2nil, even when it went to 1-1, we still pushed for a winner, when they came to ours they just parked the bus with no real intention of attacking and no shots on target.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: January 15, 2017, 11:22:21 pm »
Its about time Anfield has sent shivers into oppisition teams.

I agree, bar the season when we challenged for the title, we were getting beat far too often at home.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: January 15, 2017, 11:22:23 pm »
Andy Tate reckons United will still finish above us

Bless him

Who?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: January 15, 2017, 11:22:27 pm »
Thought we did well to stop a team which has won 9 on a trot. We made them look nervy. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a good performance but we played well enough like your typical Fergie team playing away.
And that's the big positive I take from today mate. Yep it was 2 points dropped in a league chase that we need to somehow gain ground in, but despite my personal cowardliness for these games I knew, I fucking knew they'd be crapping their kecks about us going there and while some people on here thought we'd lose by 2 or 3 the lads thwarted that run you allude to. Mourinho and Man U will be delighted with a point today.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #862 on: January 15, 2017, 11:35:49 pm »
Moaning about the lineup prematch and about "not feeling confident", then moaning that it feels like loss... *smh*
How do the 2 even go together? Some of us are in a state of perpetual moaning and drama. The only time we manage to feel something?

Anyway, great game by Mignolet, Lovren and the rest of the lads, the travelling Kop and Jurgen!

Oh yeah- I sure hope Pogba's not going to get away with that for the second time(that I know of). What a filthy pos!
Our little Joe showed him up, then Henderson and Lovren and that's all he can do.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:42:54 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #863 on: January 15, 2017, 11:39:20 pm »
Poor from Liverpool again. We couldn't beat an alehouse team. Fixtures coming too fast for us given our lack of depth. I hope we can turn it around soon. Hard to compete when other teams reserves are worth 30 million. Hey ho
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: January 15, 2017, 11:39:56 pm »
Disappointed, but I think we just gave them a few too many chances and eventually they were going to take one. We did defend fairly well overall but we probably didn't control the game well enough with the ball esp in the second half (most of our best work was without the ball). There were times when we were doing well to break up their attacks, then promptly handed the ball back to them through our own poor passing.

Am pissed that this would've been a great 3 points,
Lets contextualise all this. We were away. Not just at West Ham or Stoke. We went to the fucking bog, pressed them all over the gaff for 45 minutes with a couple of players under performing, a couple of players missing and a ref that wouldn't let us sneeze without blowing his cunting whistle. They pulled, dived and cheated for their point and they all went home fucking made up.

Offline Ed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #865 on: January 15, 2017, 11:41:51 pm »
A draw was probably a fair result. The game was pretty even in the first half, where they did have the better chances.
They then battered us for 20 min in the second half, before Zlatan scored.
Although we had at least 3 good chances - Firmino clean through, and Wijnaldum twice - to score the second goal, which would've probably won us the 3 points.

What was not fair was how Pogba and Rooney were let off without any bookings for a WWE move and a high tackle, respectively.
Someone at the Club should put together a dossier to lobby the FA and the media for some kind of retroactive punishment.
If nothing else, it will make referees pay a bit more attention in future to this type of petulant, cowardly behaviour by their 'star' players.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #866 on: January 15, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »
A draw was probably a fair result. The game was pretty even in the first half, where they did have the better chances.
They then battered us for 20 min in the second half, before Zlatan scored.
Although we had at least 3 good chances - Firmino clean through, and Wijnaldum twice - to score the second goal, which would've probably won us the 3 points.

What was not fair was how Pogba and Rooney were let off without any bookings for a WWE move and a high tackle, respectively.
Someone at the Club should put together a dossier to lobby the FA and the media for some kind of retroactive punishment.
If nothing else, it will make referees pay a bit more attention in future to this type of petulant, cowardly behaviour by their 'star' players.
That "pull" from Herrera was truly disgusting.
Sure, have a tug at a shirt or a little nibble, but have some selfrespect instead of going all the way and drag a player down, basically ripping his clothes off!

And then he gets a simple yellow! How United managed to walk off the pitch today with less yellows and no player sent off, is beyond me.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #867 on: January 15, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »
Getting tired of inconsistent refeering.
No help in complain since no one will take notice.
Always kept believing, but it was not to be.
Great to see cout back on with his swagger.

Thought CBs did great. Big shout out for Migs!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #868 on: January 15, 2017, 11:49:43 pm »
Getting tired of inconsistent refeering.
No help in complain since no one will take notice.
Always kept believing, but it was not to be.
Great to see cout back on with his swagger.

Thought CBs did great. Big shout out for Migs!

What's the tune?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #869 on: January 15, 2017, 11:52:23 pm »
Pass completion in midfield:

Michael Carrick – 89.3%
Georginio Wijnaldum – 85.3%
Adam Lallana – 85.3%
Jordan Henderson – 77.8%
Ander Herrera – 74.6%
Henrikh Mkhitaryan – 72.2%
Paul Pogba – 72%
Juan Mata – 71.4%
Emre Can – 71.4%
Philippe Coutinho – 66.7%
Wayne Rooney – 65.2%
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:58:05 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #870 on: January 15, 2017, 11:52:26 pm »
It's also worth pointing out that we've dropped massive points against lower half shite too

6 draws and 2 losses

The 2 losses came against Burnley and Bournemouth away - 10th and 11th in the table respectively. The 6 draws were  1 to Spurs (2nd) 2 to United (6th) West Ham (12th) Southampton (13th) 1 to SUnderland (mitigating circumstances I would say, but still, 19th). 4 of those draws were away too.

I think we should put that in perspective. 8 results below par. 2 You would accept in any season (away draws to United and Spurs). Of the remaining 6, 5 were away. I think most teams would accept that kind of form. Liverpool have 17 games to go, 7 away, 10 at home. Liverpool, are on for an 81-82 point haul and, arguably, have a good run in from this point forward. Also, key injuries are back and in a couple of weeks Spurs, United, Arsenal and City will all be back in Europe while Liverpool will be back to full strength. This was always going to be the toughtest time of the year and Liverpool are coming through it in good shape, 3rd (equal points to Spurs) and just 7 points off the top. Think Liverpool are in excellent shape and its just the medias perception that they are somehow on the cusp of collapse and have a dicey backline. True, the two best backlines in the league are top of the table (and its an area Liverpool can certainly improve on next season) but Liverpool have scored more and conceded less than City and about the same as Arsenal.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: January 15, 2017, 11:52:47 pm »
Wijnaldum has practice his shooting more often.  No point getting into those positions and can't shoot et Al. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #873 on: January 16, 2017, 12:06:16 am »
Wijnaldum has practice his shooting more often.  No point getting into those positions and can't shoot et Al.
Chance at the end? I know De Gea's great but he needed to be at least tested then.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #874 on: January 16, 2017, 12:07:22 am »

The thing is, he's never had any problems with it in the past. Just seems to be this season so far.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #875 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:02 am »
Lets contextualise all this. We were away. Not just at West Ham or Stoke. We went to the fucking bog, pressed them all over the gaff for 45 minutes with a couple of players under performing, a couple of players missing and a ref that wouldn't let us sneeze without blowing his cunting whistle. They pulled, dived and cheated for their point and they all went home fucking made up.

This post sums up the match perfectly.

6 draws and 2 losses

The 2 losses came against Burnley and Bournemouth away - 10th and 11th in the table respectively. The 6 draws were  1 to Spurs (2nd) 2 to United (6th) West Ham (12th) Southampton (13th) 1 to SUnderland (mitigating circumstances I would say, but still, 19th). 4 of those draws were away too.

I think we should put that in perspective. 8 results below par. 2 You would accept in any season (away draws to United and Spurs). Of the remaining 6, 5 were away. I think most teams would accept that kind of form. Liverpool have 17 games to go, 7 away, 10 at home. Liverpool, are on for an 81-82 point haul and, arguably, have a good run in from this point forward. Also, key injuries are back and in a couple of weeks Spurs, United, Arsenal and City will all be back in Europe while Liverpool will be back to full strength. This was always going to be the toughtest time of the year and Liverpool are coming through it in good shape, 3rd (equal points to Spurs) and just 7 points off the top. Think Liverpool are in excellent shape and its just the medias perception that they are somehow on the cusp of collapse and have a dicey backline. True, the two best backlines in the league are top of the table (and its an area Liverpool can certainly improve on next season) but Liverpool have scored more and conceded less than City and about the same as Arsenal.

And this one nails it as far as why we should all be positive about the remaining league matches, and have some fuckin belief.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: January 16, 2017, 12:11:48 am »
Who?

Manchester United. Used to be a big club that won a few things, but for the last few years have generally  been seen hovering around 5th and 6th, usually accompanied by some weird monotonous whiny accent.

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #877 on: January 16, 2017, 12:22:06 am »
Who?

The "give it Giggseh til the end of the season" guy

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #878 on: January 16, 2017, 12:24:31 am »
One issue that I need to get off my chest has to do with Gini Wjinaldum.

While many here would have liked to have seen the header on frame and his last shot with a bit more power, I take the opposite view that this is a problem.

First, he was very good, composed and tactical on the day.  In a battle of midfields, Liverpool really won the day.  He was a big reason why. His ability to break the first line of pressure with the ball and get it to where it needed to go was also among his better performances. 

Second, his defensive tenacity was fantastic, I thought.  Each of the midfielders (Can, Henderson and Gini) were up to it today --- Carrick got subbed for Rooney, Pogba was a nervous wreck playing like he had never been in a derby match, and Herrera was an utter shithouse.   No, we have to remember that the worry was getting overrun in the middle of the park (both Carra and jacknuts claimed this to be the telling matchup).  Gini won his matchup today.

Third, they did a shitload of work today.  The fact that his legs may have been a bit gone in the 93' of one of the most important games of the year does not bother me.  What bothers me is that our attacking mentality has had to adjust a bit to injuries, losing players to overseas tourneys, and a few one offs here and there. 

We should be celebrating what Liverpool invested into this game, regardless of birdbeak's late nod.   

Gini, thank you for everything you did today!  Keep at it, you are a winner!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #879 on: January 16, 2017, 12:33:15 am »
I felt quite calm watching our defence today. In games like this where we have spells under the cosh we tend to concentrate well and have less of the brain farts.

I'd say Lovren and Klavan prefer a physical challenge to a nippy,  pacy one too.