Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1447314 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #560 on: August 1, 2017, 10:03:04 pm »
Pre-season friendly or not, not many 19 year olds can say they had Ribery in their back pocket all game.

This lad is going to be our number 1 right back in years to come, just needs to keep his head down and stay focused.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #561 on: August 1, 2017, 10:04:11 pm »
You can obviously still see the areas where Jurgen wants him to improve. Defensively he can get caught out but not in a Moreno way of just being a bit brainless. Just in a 'he is 18 years old' kind of way. I think with Jurgen working hard with him day in day out on the training field, as well as learning bits and pieces from a decent defender like Clyne, we could have the best and most complete right full back in the league and one of the best around Europe within 5 years. By which point he'd still only be 23 years old.

Nooooo. Don't get carried away yet.

Having said that he does look a very good prospect but let's not go full Everton on a very promising youngster.  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #562 on: August 1, 2017, 10:04:34 pm »
Thought he did ok today.

Being critical, he shoved Ribery over quite a few times today and would have got booked in a league match.  Grew into himself as the match went on though and became more calm and composed.
Still, hell of an opponent to pay against and he did a good job.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: August 1, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »
That should be a real confidence builder for the lad. it certainly was a confidence builder for me! :)

And he earned a bearly hug from Klopp in the end.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #564 on: August 1, 2017, 10:20:43 pm »
I thought he was great tonight.  There's obviously still a long way to go in his development, Klopp stresses that every chance he gets, but I think this coming season is going to be the one where Alexander-Arnold really stakes his claim as a regular.  I'm really really excited by his potential, think he's a special young player.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: August 1, 2017, 10:27:26 pm »
I thought he was great tonight.  There's obviously still a long way to go in his development, Klopp stresses that every chance he gets, but I think this coming season is going to be the one where Alexander-Arnold really stakes his claim as a regular.  I'm really really excited by his potential, think he's a special young player.

What he said :-)
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: August 1, 2017, 10:37:36 pm »
Trent is pretty fast didn't realize that.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #567 on: August 1, 2017, 10:39:19 pm »
Looked very confident today.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #568 on: August 1, 2017, 10:41:26 pm »
My full scouting report: TAA is boss

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: August 1, 2017, 10:45:36 pm »
impressive performance tonight
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #570 on: August 1, 2017, 10:50:33 pm »
Incredible. Staking a serious first team place.
What great problem for our manager.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #571 on: August 1, 2017, 10:56:16 pm »
Didn't expect him to be this competitive against someone like Ribery even if it was just a practice match. Very encouraging, he's getting better and stronger with every game.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #572 on: August 1, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
Loving the pace. Looked great today.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #573 on: August 1, 2017, 11:34:47 pm »
Nooooo. Don't get carried away yet.

Having said that he does look a very good prospect but let's not go full Everton on a very promising youngster.  ;)

Too late to reverse that now. We have gone full Everton as soon as the Munich match started

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #574 on: August 2, 2017, 01:34:16 am »
Always wanted to see Flanno go onto become a club legend but that seems VERY unlikely now. I hope TAA will become that fullback.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: August 2, 2017, 01:45:27 am »
Attacks like a man, defends like a boy. Klopp said that a couple of days ago, thats where he needs to improve

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #576 on: August 2, 2017, 03:21:56 am »
The art of defence normally come with maturity and experience. I think this lad will do alright for us at RB in the future.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #577 on: August 2, 2017, 03:51:16 am »
Super happy with this kid and Woodburn too.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #578 on: August 2, 2017, 09:26:55 am »
Good game in my opinion. There were a couple of moments in the first half when Klopp shouted at him (and Firmino) to stay wide while München played out from the defence to contain Ribery and Alaba. But overall I felt this guy had very solid game.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #579 on: August 2, 2017, 09:41:59 am »
Attacks like a man, defends like a boy. Klopp said that a couple of days ago, thats where he needs to improve

Agree. He really does look a huge talent going forward. He also got lost several times defending last night. Be interesting to see how we use him this season

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: August 2, 2017, 09:57:36 am »

Yeah I can't help but imagine hearing that quote that after every game he plays next season when he's a yard out of place or whatever. The "defending like a boy" was his performance getting tortured by Arnautovic for 45 minutes last season at the Britannia, not what he did last night.

The lad is the biggest talent out of the academy for since Sterling... if we don't give him game time, we might as well shut the place down.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #581 on: August 2, 2017, 10:03:23 am »
Yeah I can't help but imagine hearing that quote that after every game he plays next season when he's a yard out of place or whatever. The "defending like a boy" was his performance getting tortured by Arnautovic for 45 minutes last season at the Britannia, not what he did last night.

The lad is the biggest talent out of the academy for since Sterling... if we don't give him game time, we might as well shut the place down.

He's our second choice right-back, he'll get more than enough game time.

I thought he was a bit rash at times last night but it will have been a good learning curve for him to have played against Ribery (albeit in a friendly). Martial, Redmond, Arnautovic, Ribery... these are top level wide left players he's come up against and while there's definitely been some bad moments in there, that's perfectly understandable for an 18-year-old still learning the position to an extent. As long as he keeps displaying what he can do going forward while improving and learning defensively, he'll continue to be a nice option for us to have.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: August 2, 2017, 10:05:04 am »
Loved the way Lewandowski shoved him and was not expecting a massive shove back off TAA near the touch line. Lewa ended up in the crowd
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #583 on: August 2, 2017, 10:49:56 am »

Watch the first half an hour again. 3 times he gets lost in their build up play and they end up with a man free with possession in our box, he also dove in a couple of times.

He absolutely should get game time and he's a huge talent - but he still has big holes in his game defensively. Not his fault he hasn't even been a full back that long

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: August 2, 2017, 11:00:48 am »
Thought he did ok today.

Being critical, he shoved Ribery over quite a few times today and would have got booked in a league match.  Grew into himself as the match went on though and became more calm and composed.

I agree with this assessment. When he got done in son situations he ended up shoving the player over. Would certainly have been booked in proper games. In one way it is not necessary a bad thing, but it could be costly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: August 2, 2017, 11:16:32 am »

Didn't say he shouldn't be given time

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: August 2, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
Watch the first half an hour again. 3 times he gets lost in their build up play and they end up with a man free with possession in our box, he also dove in a couple of times.

He absolutely should get game time and he's a huge talent - but he still has big holes in his game defensively. Not his fault he hasn't even been a full back that long

Yeah, I agree there were errors there last night early on – Matip covered really well for them mostly, and Moreno (Moreno!) dug him out by winning a far post header against Lewa. I guess Klopp shouldn't deliver such pithy soundbites if he doesn't want to be endlessly quoted!

I guess what I'm saying is there's a difference between a whole heap of difference between that opening part of last night's game (which was the most we'd been dominated, possession-wise, since maybe City away, maybe longer) and the way he played when he had to be hooked against Stoke.***

*** I fully concede that may always have been the plan that afternoon, because I didn't think Woodburn looked bad in that half but still got hooked. TAA had a bad half though.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: August 2, 2017, 02:42:44 pm »

That's the problem with young fullbacks,because fullbacks have to deal with opponent's wingers who are always the fastest and trickiest in the team.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #588 on: August 2, 2017, 03:02:53 pm »

No  :o

he said the opposite:

Yes, he is a kid, but the moment he can defend like a man, he can play regularly in the Premier League.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 2, 2017, 03:18:36 pm »
No  :o

he said the opposite:

Yes, he is a kid, but the moment he can defend like a man, he can play regularly in the Premier League.

Read it carefully, he is saying that he currently defends like a boy and therefore is not ready for the Premier League yet. ("the moment he can defend he'll be ready")
« Last Edit: August 2, 2017, 03:20:13 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: August 2, 2017, 03:40:34 pm »
I don't see why our manager would say "he defends like a boy"... more likely he's saying:

he is a kid, but AT the moment he can defend like a man (he sees potential)

Whatever, it shouldn't be something used to knock TAA! Just my take on it, trust in Klopp :)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #591 on: August 2, 2017, 03:48:10 pm »
I don't see why our manager would say "he defends like a boy"... more likely he's saying:

he is a kid, but AT the moment he can defend like a man (he sees potential)

Whatever, it shouldn't be something used to knock TAA! Just my take on it, trust in Klopp :)

Just read the quote? He's clearly saying as soon as Trent's defending improves (to a 'man' standard) then he has a good chance of starting league games regularly.

Klopp can't always be the 100% nice guy, be it to us or his players. It's nothing to do with trust or knocking TAA, he's simply trying to motivate a young player whilst managing expectations.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: August 2, 2017, 03:51:43 pm »
I get that sense but I think there's an element of broken English... Maybe I'm wrong!  But either way it shows he rates him I guess :)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #593 on: August 2, 2017, 04:58:06 pm »
Thought he did ok today.

I think most fullbacks have that issue against him to be fair. But yeah if he's less obvious quite a lot of those get waved on and Ribery will at some point lose his cool like he always does.

Really impressed by him though and he definitely defended like a man for the most part; there was a part around the 35th-40th minute where he looked gassed and Klopp was cajoling him to get back into position mind.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #594 on: August 2, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
Early days but from what i have seen so far this lad might come good. Very assured last night gets sucked into the foul a bit but hell he was up against one sneaky bastard of a player
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: August 2, 2017, 05:41:51 pm »
Still raw but bags of potential to be our starting RB for many years. Needs to learn to keep his hands down though when going in for a challenge. That will come with time, excited to see him develop!

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #596 on: August 2, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
“That’s not a problem. I can’t teach him playing football because he is already good at that but I can teach him how to deal with one-on-ones.

“Because I could do that and I was a really bad footballer!”

I'm sure the same applies for Trent.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: August 4, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »
Starting next Saturday I would expect? Unless Milner is shifted to RB and Robertson/Moreno start at LB. 

Clyne can't be ready for the first game - maybe not even the CL 1st leg.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #598 on: August 6, 2017, 03:45:53 am »
He's not alert enough for me defensively to start against the better sides in the league. He needs to learn to be switched on at all times when we don't have the ball. He has shown that he can defend well in spurts so its not a question of ability for me. Finding that consistency is what will determine if he can be a first team regular for us. 

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #599 on: August 6, 2017, 09:52:27 am »
I'm happy to see him start the season at right back. Having him and Monero on the other side could be a problem defensively... Could but I want to have faith.