Author Topic: Awesome Cartoons Draft (80's, 90s, 00's) - Discussion & Nostalgia love-in  (Read 33278 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Awesome Cartoons Draft (80's, 90s, 00's) - Discussion & Nostalgia love-in
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2016, 06:03:39 pm »
Suddenly remembered Are you Afraid of the Dark the other day, used to scare the fuck out of me as a kid. Pretty sure I couldn't sleep for days after this monster  :o

Loved the campfire intro before every tale too.

The Really Wild Show! Genius  :D  Completely forgot about that one too.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2016, 06:06:52 pm »
Think these are the remaining pickers for rnd 4. 

JSteve
Tubby
red mongoose
Samie
Rysoph76
El Lobo
Lastrador
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2016, 06:15:04 pm »
So what do people think about doing an extra round (or two!)?

I don't know about anyone else, but there are still so many shows I want to pick and only one spot left  :(  I'm not fussed if people want to leave it as it is though. It's been a great fun draft in any case.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #323 on: November 20, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
ready to go when i get the nod
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: November 20, 2016, 06:44:18 pm »

I think six would be good.

That way  the bottom of the list get to pick first on the last round which seems more fair.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #325 on: November 20, 2016, 07:02:17 pm »

That way  the bottom of the list get to pick first on the last round which seems more fair.

Good point! I would go for that if everyone else is on board....?

We could potentially create some sort of wildcard for it, but I'm happy just getting to pick another cartoon.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: November 20, 2016, 07:10:19 pm »

Obviously I agree with this but yes, I feel like there's probably going to be enough left over for a sixth round. Having said that, if it gets back to me and all my live picks are taken, I'm going to have to go with a gag choice like Peppermint Park.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: November 20, 2016, 07:56:54 pm »
I guess I can make Red Mongooses pick now?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #328 on: November 20, 2016, 08:06:03 pm »
I guess I can make Red Mongooses pick now?

:thumbup

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 20, 2016, 08:33:58 pm »
Space Ghost.  8)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2016, 08:36:20 pm »
Space Ghost.  8)
No allowed? 60s/70s and it's Hanna-Barbera

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2016, 08:37:15 pm »
Eh some of you fuckers have been picking from 60's cartoons, no one said shit.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2016, 08:38:04 pm »
Johnny Quest is Hanna- Barbera.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »
Eh some of you fuckers have been picking from 60's cartoons, no one said shit.
Yeah, Betty changed the years as it went along but it was always clear that the Hanna-Barbera powerhouses were off limits

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #334 on: November 20, 2016, 08:38:51 pm »
No allowed? 60s/70s and it's Hanna-Barbera

No Hanna Barbera/Disney/Warner Bros classics, but honestly I've never heard of Space Ghost... is it actually classic?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:10 pm »
well that should be banned aswell. Not as huge as SpaceGhost was

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39:56 pm »
No Hanna Barbera/Disney/Warner Bros classics, but honestly I've never heard of Space Ghost... is it actually classic?
:o Space Ghost is huge

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2016, 08:41:36 pm »

Oh fuck! Didn't even realise. I've got no idea then  :-X

I don't mind Space Ghost being allowed. I was just trying to avoid seeing really obvious classics. Ideally we'd have all stuck to the 80s+ but as always no one reads the rules  :D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:07 pm »
Yeah I think s'long as people aren't picking Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc, we're good.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:31 pm »

Betty hand in your hipster card.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2016, 08:44:19 pm »
:o Space Ghost is huge

ARGHHHH I've just realised someone's picked the Smurfs as well!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »
Betty hand in your hipster card.

Hanna Barbera ain't hipster. They're about as mainstream as you can get after Warner Bros & Disney.

I mostly know that era from videos my 'pa would buy me, so Space Ghost obviously wasn't one of them. Hanna Barbera for me was all about Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey and Touché Turtle.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »
Are we talking about the original Space Ghost or the talk show?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2016, 09:01:14 pm »

I don't know about anyone else, but there are still so many shows I want to pick and only one spot left  :(  I'm not fussed if people want to leave it as it is though. It's been a great fun draft in any case.

Fine with me. We could see how it goes and then decide towards the end.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »
Unfortunately it's all got a bit messy now. Ideally there would be no pre-80s picks as per the title of the draft!  :butt

One drafter then picked a 60s cartoon and before I picked up on it they vanished, so I changed it to no Hanna Barbera, Disney or Warner Bros classics. And now in this last round we've had Jonny Quest and The Smurfs. Sigh. There is no way to fix this now. Just don't pick Donald Duck or Yogi Bear, okay!  :D

Offline 4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »
Sorry, I'm not the biggest cartoon geek in the world, didn't even realise the Smurfs were Hanna Barbara. Just checked to see if they were 80s+. Don't mind changing my pick if it makes things easier?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2016, 09:43:04 pm »
Sorry, I'm not the biggest cartoon geek in the world, didn't even realise the Smurfs were Hanna Barbara. Just checked to see if they were 80s+. Don't mind changing my pick if it makes things easier?

Oh, The Smurfs are 80s? That's all good then. For some reason I though it was much older. The Hanna Barbera ban only applies to pre-80s shows.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
Unfortunately it's all got a bit messy now. Ideally there would be no pre-80s picks as per the title of the draft!  :butt

One drafter then picked a 60s cartoon and before I picked up on it they vanished, so I changed it to no Hanna Barbera, Disney or Warner Bros classics. And now in this last round we've had Jonny Quest and The Smurfs. Sigh. There is no way to fix this now. Just don't pick Donald Duck or Yogi Bear, okay!  :D

If I recall you said a few pages back we could have one retro show. And I know there were a few picked before I lid clams to Jonny Quest. You want me to remove it, that's fine. I'll replace it.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2016, 10:07:50 pm »
Updated pick list -

Lastrador - Ducktales, Knights of the Zodiac, Beakman's World
El Lobo - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bucky O'Hare, Johnny Bravo, Biker Mice from Mars,
Rysoph76 - Batfink, Defenders of the Earth, ALF, missed pick
Samie - Transformers, Doug, Captain Planet, Space Ghost,
red mongoose - Battle of the Planets, The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show, Saved by the Bell, One Piece,
Tubby - Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Samurai Jack, Terrahawks,
JSteve - Sonic the Hedgehog, Teletubbies, The Powerpuff Girls, missed pick
Lawnmowerman - He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Once Upon a Time, Around the World with Willy Fog, The Really Wild Show,
Betty - Ulysses 31, M.A.S.K., Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Chakan - X-Men, Bravestarr, Danger Mouse, Courage the Cowardly Dog,
Titi Camara - The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Visionaries, Grange Hill, Ed, Edd & Eddy,
Hazell - Fraggle Rock, Maid Marian and her merry men, The Real Ghostbusters, The Legend of Prince Valiant,
Wool - Batman: The Animated Series, Dexter's Lab, Hey Arnold, Dragon Ball Z,
Nessy76 - Dogtanian, Dungeons & Dragons, Round the Twist, The Magic Roundabout,
4 - Recess, SpongeBob Squarepants, The Smurfs, Pinky and the Brain,
Vishwa Atwa - Voltron: Defender of the universe, The Adventures of Tintin, Talespin, Spider-Man: The Animated Series,
Klippity Klopp - The Raccoons, Gummi Bears, Count Duckula, Fun House,
Crimson Tank - GI Joe, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Animaniacs, Jonny Quest,
Sheer Magnetism - Rugrats, Justice League: Unlimited, The Charlie Brown & Snoopy Show, The Moomins,

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »
If I recall you said a few pages back we could have one retro show. And I know there were a few picked before I lid clams to Jonny Quest. You want me to remove it, that's fine. I'll replace it.

Well, the exact wording was -

...so let's just say that everyone is allowed one pick pre-80s if they wish. But the Golden Age of Animation and obvious classics from Warner Bros, Disney, and Hanna Barbara are all ruled out.

But honestly I don't mind Jonny Quest being in. It's not so much a classic in the sense that a Wacky Races, Yogi Bear type show is. That was the main idea with that rule. Just wanted to see more of are obscure childhood favourite then the big powerhouse classics. So I'm fine with you keeping your pick  :)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2016, 10:23:29 pm »
Final round now! Even if we might sneakily do one more at the end, please make sure you have one human/wildcard show in your 5.

Edit: a reminder that the optional pre-80s pick only applies to cartoons and not the wildcard.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:40:27 am by Betty Blue »

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2016, 09:58:49 am »
Thanks Klippity for making my pick  :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2016, 10:08:42 am »
Sorry, I have done my 4th pick now

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2016, 11:35:06 am »
 ::) Rysoph, it's also your turn for the fifth pick. Try and make this one an actual kids show made in the 80's or after.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2016, 11:39:23 am »
The Mysterious Cities of Gold
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kq5Y_ogiyi0?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kq5Y_ogiyi0?fs=1</a>

Visionaries
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rBoxGdz2Km4?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rBoxGdz2Km4?fs=1</a>

Grange Hill
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-SlvZF6k5bE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-SlvZF6k5bE?fs=1</a>

Ed, Edd n Eddy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zwDXRQB3U8o?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zwDXRQB3U8o?fs=1</a>

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2016, 11:41:00 am »
5th pick done

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2016, 12:02:01 pm »
Thanks Klippity for making my pick  :thumbup

No probs mate.

Orson's Farm is a great shout.  I used to enjoy that.  ;D

I had a Visonaries toy as well. Loved it!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:05:05 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:17 pm »
Mongoose is up now. Did he leave his pick with anyone?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #358 on: November 21, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »
19:45 in his neck of the woods! So unless he's out on the Monday night lash he should be about..... ::)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2016, 12:48:45 pm »

He only left the one pick with me that I posted yesterday.