Author Topic: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher  (Read 111060 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher
« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:25 pm »
Hart MOM which says it all.
#Sausages

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »
there goes his 100% winning record. Now Sam is up there alone.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2016, 09:47:50 pm »
Apparantly Rashford was great when he came on. The ITV pundits are saying he needs to be starting...

Do they really live that much in hindsight?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2016, 09:48:02 pm »
Ian Wright just said when Rashford came on he was dynamic, did I miss something he did to suggest that? From what I saw he did shit all and England had resorted to hoofing it by then.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2016, 09:48:53 pm »
Ian Wright just said when Rashford came on he was dynamic, did I miss something he did to suggest that?

R
A
S
H
F
O
R
D

on his shirt
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »
Ian Wright just said when Rashford came on he was dynamic, did I miss something he did to suggest that?

I believe the word was "dynamicness". Top punditry right there.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2016, 09:50:13 pm »
Can we expect anything else?
With the exception of the spurs players, where are the first team regulars? let alone the world class players.
Hart - loaned out to somewhere (despite being world class tonight)
Cahill - 3rd choice?
Stones - Couldn't hold down a place in the bitters. Suppose to be the next Moore ( I presume Dudley?)
Hendo - not knocking him, but there is enough discussion on rawk alone to suggest he isn't first choice. (i'd like it noted I think he deserves his place in a redshirt at the moment)
Lingard - infrequent starter
Walcott - infrequent starter
Studge - not first choice

We couldn't win shit when we had Seaman, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney (in his pomp)
Get use to it I'm afraid.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2016, 09:51:00 pm »
Dan failed his audition apparra

Shame that - Hes got the prolific tried and tested Kane, Vardy and Rashford ready to take his place

Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2016, 09:51:18 pm »
I hope that nice Mr Southgate listens to the ITV pundits and fucks Sturridge off for Rashfraud in future, from a purely selfish point of view of course
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:11 pm »
Apparantly Rashford was great when he came on. The ITV pundits are saying he needs to be starting...

Ironically the only time he touched the ball was when he dropped deep.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2016, 09:58:28 pm »
The pound is on its arse and that 'rather unpleasant' Ian Wright is a TV football pundit innit?

Ingerland 2016.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »
Even Roy Hodgson managed England to a win in Slovenia.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »
The pound is on its arse and that 'rather unpleasant' Ian Wright is a TV football pundit innit?

Ingerland 2016.

He is all over the shop. BBC, ITV, think i've heard him on the radio too. He must have some agent
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »
Didnt I also hear Giggseh going on about how important it was to make good decisions......... kinell!
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2016, 10:06:40 pm »
Didnt I also hear Giggseh going on about how important it was to make good decisions......... kinell!
I`m so shocked he`s bigging up Rashford ahead of Sturridge. I never saw that coming.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2016, 10:10:27 pm »
I`m so shocked he`s bigging up Rashford ahead of Sturridge. I never saw that coming.

It's hardly shocking is it. Rashford is the greatest player ever... EVER!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2016, 10:19:40 pm »
The journey starts here. Cracking stuff.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: October 11, 2016, 10:22:22 pm »
With the exception of the spurs players, where are the first team regulars? let alone the world class players.
Hendo - not knocking him, but there is enough discussion on rawk alone to suggest he isn't first choice. (i'd like it noted I think he deserves his place in a redshirt at the moment)

There was me thinking it was Klopp choosing to start players regularly that makes them a first team regular or not, but nope it all boils down to how much shite you've seen flung at them on rawk.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: October 12, 2016, 01:46:18 am »
That was about as bad a performance as a team and the amount of individual mistakes Ive seen for a long time be that internationally or club. 

Was Deir just playing so shit just to get Wayne back in the team, also both fullbacks were shocking and its a crying shame they are Englands best CB pair.

Not a great night from our own Liverpool players either.  At least they never got injured.

Credit to Hart tho did great and that top corner save was outstanding, because if it wasn't for him we would of lost and that's what England deserved but a point I spose after playing so bad is a accepted gift.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:48:30 am by JLStretton »
choose Life.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #499 on: October 12, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
It's hardly shocking is it. Rashford is the greatest player ever... EVER!

I feel a bit for the kid. Yeah, he's a Manc and all but I've got to speak where I find. By virtue of being English, talented and employed by Manchester United he's already carrying a huge burden. He's the saviour, the next big thing. He gets brought into every single debate about the team, tactics, who should and shouldn't start. That goes for both club and country, by the way.

He hasn't turned 19 yet. I think he's got ability and his directness is an asset. But really, he's done nothing in the grand scheme of things. He's had a bright start to his career and scored a few goals. At times he's looked great and at others he's looked a bit like Bambi on ice. That's no insult, he's still very young, but the pressure he's under already from the pundits and fans to be the next superstar for club and country must be difficult to deal with.

He's already on a pedestal. He's done nothing really. He could go on to have a wonderful career at the top or he could fizzle out and be sold to Everton like many United cast-offs do. I just wish people would back off him and players like him. Let them develop, let them make mistakes, let them learn. Don't portray them as the next great hope on the back of a few good performances and because they play for a certain team.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2016, 06:46:25 am »
Well said.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2016, 06:51:02 am »
I feel a bit for the kid. Yeah, he's a Manc and all but I've got to speak where I find. By virtue of being English, talented and employed by Manchester United he's already carrying a huge burden. He's the saviour, the next big thing. He gets brought into every single debate about the team, tactics, who should and shouldn't start. That goes for both club and country, by the way.

He hasn't turned 19 yet. I think he's got ability and his directness is an asset. But really, he's done nothing in the grand scheme of things. He's had a bright start to his career and scored a few goals. At times he's looked great and at others he's looked a bit like Bambi on ice. That's no insult, he's still very young, but the pressure he's under already from the pundits and fans to be the next superstar for club and country must be difficult to deal with.

He's already on a pedestal. He's done nothing really. He could go on to have a wonderful career at the top or he could fizzle out and be sold to Everton like many United cast-offs do. I just wish people would back off him and players like him. Let them develop, let them make mistakes, let them learn. Don't portray them as the next great hope on the back of a few good performances and because they play for a certain team.

No. He's a manc and i hope he falls flat on his face and is a massive failure.  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2016, 06:53:45 am »
Hart - loaned out to somewhere (despite being world class tonight)
Cahill - 3rd choice?
Stones - Couldn't hold down a place in the bitters. Suppose to be the next Moore ( I presume Dudley?)
Lingard - infrequent starter
Walcott - infrequent starter
Studge - not first choice

We couldn't win shit when we had Seaman, Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney (in his pomp)
Get use to it I'm afraid.

But you are knocking him, but i wonder if you was doing the same after the Chelsea game?

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2016, 07:04:14 am »
RASHFORD IS ALEX HUNTER!!!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2016, 08:01:23 am »

Hahaha. He didn't even do anything. Must have only touched the ball three or four times.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:21 am »
Just found out that they drew in a goalless draw last night.

My word :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:44 am »

Sounds good to me. If they can persuade the media and public that a Liverpool player never plays any international ever again I'd be very, very happy.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:33 am »
Love how Scots used to incessentaly moan about England's easy groups. Now they're in one and they're still absolutely shit  ;D

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2016, 10:33:12 am »
Ian Wright just bitter Sturridge never joined Arsenal  ;)

England are a bit of a mess....Southgate is right. Think they'd be much better without the over-bearing father on the touchline shouting instructions (English media)

But that's something similar to what a lot of teams must deal with so just need somebody to be able to manage it. Maybe a good manager or something?

It's all mental with this team. The quality isn't outstanding, but that's not something a lot of teams that progress in major championships are blessed with, just look at Wales etc.

Dunno....looks like they're still on the hamster wheel for now unless Southgate gets lucky or does better than I think he will. Just one tournament reaching QF atleast would be a step. See what happens after that...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:34:48 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2016, 10:47:18 am »
What a difference a few months makes. Going into the Euros we had Vardy, Sturridge, Kane and Rashford all in good form and any one of them could've been a worthy starter. Now it looks like England don't have a single decent striker, Kane is injured of course but even before that he wasn't playing well for England.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2016, 02:53:37 pm »
The team I'd select although I'd have Shawcross. Never understood why he's so underated.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: October 12, 2016, 03:07:58 pm »
The team I'd select although I'd have Shawcross. Never understood why he's so underated.

Stoke have been shipping goals left, right and centre for the past 6 months. I wouldn't have Dier and Henderson in midfield together, they're too similar to work, so I'd have Alli in there in place of Dier. Smalling instead of Cahill, Rashford's better than Walcott too. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:10:20 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2016, 03:08:08 pm »
Could someone please explain me how the fuck Lingaard is playing for the national team?

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2016, 03:09:13 pm »

Walcott should be nowhere near the starting 11 for England. He's abysmal.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2016, 03:10:16 pm »
Could someone please explain me how the fuck Lingaard is playing for the national team?

Fuck knows, he's genuinely dreadful and here he is getting games for Man Utd and England!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »
He's going to get the job because they like the way he talks....

No track record of success, no record of impactful coaching, nothing.

How and why are we setting the bar so low?  He's a nice chap isn't a qualification for the job.  It's a recipie for disaster.

We've move from an experienced incompetent coach, to a didgy dealer, to an inexperienced incompetent coach.

Yet he won't cause any trouble, so all is ok.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: October 13, 2016, 09:32:13 pm »
Fuck knows, he's genuinely dreadful and here he is getting games for Man Utd and England!

He's just another Wes Brown really except playing on the wing. Just filling a gap in the squad until they get someone better.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: November 6, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »
Wilshere recalled to the squad. Just about sums up the state of English football.