Author Topic: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher  (Read 110260 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gareth Southgate: England's substitute teacher
« Reply #280 on: October 8, 2016, 07:00:44 pm »
Is football black and white? Can you not change during a game? Is it either sit and counter all game or never counter?
Of course you counter, we did it towards the end when they got close to our goal, its a natural part of the game, but you don't do what Hoddle suggested as a tactic, you don't concede to score. As I said how many times will it work? But it doesn't matter mate because
I'm right.
;D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: October 8, 2016, 07:01:49 pm »
Blaming Sturridge for not running in behind. In behind what you fucking bellends.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: October 8, 2016, 07:02:42 pm »
Giggs wouldn't of been happy playing midfield with Sturridge. Hahahhahahahahah, no just prefers to play with your brothers bird.

Tosspott.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 8, 2016, 07:02:59 pm »
I know a shit load more than you do.
Now go away.
Honestly, I don't mean any offence KK, but you've got me in stitches here. Fucking dead funny.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #284 on: October 8, 2016, 07:03:32 pm »
2 completely different things and neither mean we cede possession to entice the opposition out.

Yes it does. Klopp literally said it. We let the opposition have the ball until they reach a certain area then we press. That is literally letting them get out to a certain area of the field and then pressing and trying to counter.

Brendan Rodgers said it was a tactic we used in 13/14. Let the weaker team have the ball, move them up the park, then press them and try counter attack.
Believe

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 8, 2016, 07:04:36 pm »
Of course you counter, we did it towards the end when they got close to our goal, its a natural part of the game, but you don't do what Hoddle suggested as a tactic, you don't concede to score. As I said how many times will it work? But it doesn't matter mate because ;D

Top coaches have literally said they use the tactic. What are you actually arguing against? Was Brendan Rodgers lying when he said he used it in 13/14?
Believe

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #286 on: October 8, 2016, 07:04:53 pm »
Was King Klopp Glen Hoddle in a previous life?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 8, 2016, 07:05:34 pm »
;D You get rattled so easily. No wonder you can't get along with anyone on here, anyone disagrees with something you write and the aggression comes out. Saying lad every sentence doesn't make you scouse btw mate.
Ah fucking hell that was a chuckle, I'm not messing my chest is actually fucking wheezing because of the last half an hour on here. Fucking Glen Hoddle the bastard  ;D

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: October 8, 2016, 07:06:32 pm »
Honestly, I don't mean any offence KK, but you've got me in stitches here. Fucking dead funny.

Ok mate. I'll keep saying a tactic which top coaches say they use is a valid and you keep saying it's not valid. Wonder which is right. The one supported by the likes of Diego Simeone and Jurgen Klopp or yours.

As usual, it's pretty much impossible to have reasoned discussion on this forum without it descending into a farce.
Believe

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: October 8, 2016, 07:06:35 pm »
Ah fucking hell that was a chuckle, I'm not messing my chest is actually fucking wheezing because of the last half an hour on here. Fucking Glen Hoddle the bastard  ;D

:D :D

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #290 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:00 pm »
Losing the discussion against better informed posters :lmao

Yeah defo better informed than me mate. No manager ever uses the tacics of drawing out opposition :lmao

My god. 90% of posters on here have no actual opinion. All they do is try to stifle discussion or refuse to actually contribute any informed discussion.

You claim you are better informed but you obviously aren't if you think that the tactic of drawing out opposition isn't a valid one when it's used by literally every top coach.

Bless... is it past your bedtime?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:14 pm »
How the fuck did KK get a Super Title?  :o

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »
Was King Klopp Glen Hoddle in a previous life?
:lmao :lmao :lmao
Stop it ye fuckers, I can't fucking breathe.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:20 pm »
Ok mate. I'll keep saying a tactic which top coaches say they use is a valid and you keep saying it's not valid. Wonder which is right. The one supported by the likes of Diego Simeone and Jurgen Klopp or yours.

As usual, it's pretty much impossible to have reasoned discussion on this forum without it descending into a farce.

It turns into a farce because as soon as anybody makes a counter point you start calling them clueless and being condescending.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »

Time to move on then?  ;)

Seriously though KK. Probably best to step away from the keyboard!

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: October 8, 2016, 07:07:44 pm »
Saying lad every sentence doesn't make you scouse btw mate.

Top counter point mate. Really, top work.
Believe

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: October 8, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
How the fuck did KK get a Super Title?  :o

He's about to get another?

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: October 8, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »
Bless... is it past your bedtime?

Oh here we go. The usual gang up on someone tactic. Must make you feel so great mate.

Believe

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 8, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »
Oh here we go. The usual gang up on someone tactic. Must make you feel so great mate.

Haha... chill out mate for fuck's sake.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: October 8, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »
Top counter point mate. Really, top work.

He's just drawing you out.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 8, 2016, 07:10:22 pm »

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: October 8, 2016, 07:10:51 pm »

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 8, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: October 8, 2016, 07:12:08 pm »
He's just drawing you out.
:lmao fuck off, I've had to take me hoodie off coz I'm getting too hot chuckling. No more ffs.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 8, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »
Believe

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 8, 2016, 07:16:34 pm »
Seems there's quite a few of us that have totally misunderstood how we play but same as others I've had a good chuckle after the borefest of watching that shower of shite  :wave

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 8, 2016, 08:35:51 pm »
a comfortable win and a clean sheet, great debut from Southgate!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #307 on: October 8, 2016, 08:47:59 pm »
a comfortable win and a clean sheet, great debut from Southgate!

At least he's not Hodgson. Damned with faint praise.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #308 on: October 8, 2016, 08:49:47 pm »
Seems this thread was more exciting than the game.
Any links to the chat highlights?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 8, 2016, 08:54:21 pm »
Time to retire from england to displace allardyce's record

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: October 8, 2016, 09:16:47 pm »
Seems this thread was more exciting than the game.
Any links to the chat highlights?

Just click on King Klopp's profile and then Show Posts mate.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #311 on: October 8, 2016, 11:41:48 pm »

I think you are conflating some different tactical ideas.
Also using the word "concede" in terms of possession is also a bit misleading.
Counter attacking football is a tactic, of course and for sure any coach can speak to it, and some very well known coaches have set-up teams to play the style either all the time or in some games. But counter attacking is also a simple expediency that occurs naturally in the game, for example when possession is conceded to the defending team at a corner you often see the team in possession counter attacking to take advantage of the open space and the  oppositions players being out of position.

Your suggestion that teams allow opponents to maintain possession so they can counter attack is true. A good example would be Mourinho's Chelsea when playing Man United at Stamford Bridge in spring of 2015. Van Gaal was always going to try to maintain a high level of possession but we had seen over and over again that United struggled to turn that into a real goal threat. Mourinho let United have all the ball they wanted, and focused on breaking up their play in the final third, then launching fast counter attacks. Chelsea won 2-0.

Liverpool under Klopp do not do that, neither did he do that with Dortmund. Simeone does not do that. Pressing the ball is not the same as counter attacking. If Klopp has said he wants to allow opponents to have possession in certain positions he is certainly speaking about pressing defenders into playing the ball into a bad position which then allows a press that can easily result in a turnover in possession in a dangerous part of the field. Fir example balls played to full backs where our players can cut off lines and press the FB. Often that results in an FB either just hoofing it forward or trying to dribble out and losing the ball. That isn't counter attack.

KK its good that you are interested in tactics and style of play. You should read up more on it. Look for interviews with top managers, you can learn a lot.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 8, 2016, 11:55:05 pm »
Thanks to KK's comical capers I missed the booing of Rooney. That's fucking bizarre, really, what a set of fucking dimwits follow England.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 8, 2016, 11:57:02 pm »
Rooney should seriously consider moving to a lower profile league after this season. He's destroying what he has achieved throughout his career. He's actually had a pretty amazing career when you think about it, yet because he's such a shit player these days it's being totally forgotten about.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: October 9, 2016, 12:00:29 am »
I think you are conflating some different tactical ideas.
Also using the word "concede" in terms of possession is also a bit misleading.
Counter attacking football is a tactic, of course and for sure any coach can speak to it, and some very well known coaches have set-up teams to play the style either all the time or in some games. But counter attacking is also a simple expediency that occurs naturally in the game, for example when possession is conceded to the defending team at a corner you often see the team in possession counter attacking to take advantage of the open space and the  oppositions players being out of position.

Your suggestion that teams allow opponents to maintain possession so they can counter attack is true. A good example would be Mourinho's Chelsea when playing Man United at Stamford Bridge in spring of 2015. Van Gaal was always going to try to maintain a high level of possession but we had seen over and over again that United struggled to turn that into a real goal threat. Mourinho let United have all the ball they wanted, and focused on breaking up their play in the final third, then launching fast counter attacks. Chelsea won 2-0.

Liverpool under Klopp do not do that, neither did he do that with Dortmund. Simeone does not do that. Pressing the ball is not the same as counter attacking. If Klopp has said he wants to allow opponents to have possession in certain positions he is certainly speaking about pressing defenders into playing the ball into a bad position which then allows a press that can easily result in a turnover in possession in a dangerous part of the field. Fir example balls played to full backs where our players can cut off lines and press the FB. Often that results in an FB either just hoofing it forward or trying to dribble out and losing the ball. That isn't counter attack.

KK its good that you are interested in tactics and style of play. You should read up more on it. Look for interviews with top managers, you can learn a lot.
Thanks mate, interesting stuff.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: October 9, 2016, 10:12:53 am »
Southgate says he is baffled at the booing of Rooney!    I will you a clue,  he's fycking shit

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 9, 2016, 10:20:42 am »
Rooney deserved those boos. The lad doesnt look after himself health wise neither and that's resulting in him looking like a abandoned rhino on an African savannah.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #317 on: October 9, 2016, 10:31:57 am »
Rooney deserved those boos. The lad doesnt look after himself health wise neither and that's resulting in him looking like a abandoned rhino on an African savannah.
Not sure about him not looking after himself, he's always had a big frame, as a youngster he used to overpower people in his age group because of his physical advantage.

I think his problem is that he's been playing professional football since he was 16-years old. He's had +14-years and now looks finished. Most players start of playing around 19-20 so when they've played 14-years they're towards the end of their career anyway.

Rooney is basically playing like a 34-35 year old with his slow reactions and lack of pace.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: October 9, 2016, 10:36:19 am »

Can't wit to see him grazing on the Anfield turf next week like the fat old cow he is.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner