Author Topic: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')  (Read 61788 times)

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
Re: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')
« Reply #800 on: August 27, 2016, 06:56:28 pm »
has he ever not put his lot in? I dont think anyone has ever justifiably had a pop at him for his workrate. Alright hes no headless chicken but his pressing and positioning has always been great and his application on the pitch has never been an issue. I see no reason not to trust him. Hes always been too busy banging goals in to warrant any questioning.

I agree with you mate, he's a thoroughbred goal scorer and when 100% he's unplayable....maybe putting his lot in was the wrong expression....perhaps its.more a.mindset Thing?.because dannys instinct is to score perhaps his eagerness to do this would effect the patterns we work on...klopps already aluded to this happening(not specifically about danny) when he talks about the burnley game and the lack of one more pass..our decision making in the last third etc etc...we know how klopp desires the perfect machice..one engine part out of sync can cause lack of performance...if he'd just shut it and had a word in private if he really had to..it might have been better for him rather than planting the seed of doubt..if im thinking about it im pretty sure klopp already has..its probly already been talked out between them i imagine. Im just playing devils advocate tho...theres a good chance im talking out my arse about something i know nothing about.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #801 on: August 27, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »
Time for some of these forward players to step up and start delivering on a regular basis. No good having a decent game then go missing for 3. It's a great recipe for mid table. Henderson is in his 6th season. Coutinho is in his 4th full season. This is Lallana's 3rd season. I could go on but the point is, they are not kids anymore. The honeymoon period is over now. If any of our players can't manage to produce quality performances and actual results on a regular basis then we have to seriously look elsewhere.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: August 27, 2016, 06:56:46 pm »
Every shot didn't go past Migs. They had three shots on target according to the stats. That would have been 3-1. He had one superb save and the other was blocked.
I would love Migs to do well, he seems a super nice guy and hard worker also has a lot of qualities. . Maybe some time as no2  will help him.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: August 27, 2016, 06:59:14 pm »
Time for some of these forward players to step up and start delivering on a regular basis. No good having a decent game then go missing for 3. It's a great recipe for mid table. Henderson is in his 6th season. Coutinho is in his 4th full season. This is Lallana's 3rd season. I could go on but the point is, they are not kids anymore. The honeymoon period is over now. If any of our players can't manage to produce quality performances and actual results on a regular basis then we have to seriously look elsewhere.

I reckon this is the season where players kind of have to qualify for playing CL next season. On and off the pitch. I really do hope Sturridge won't be feeling the need to further complain on his international break just as Benteke did last season. Klopp has a long memory on things like that..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: August 27, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »

I think we need to decide on our best team soon. It seems like only Coutinho and Mane are guaranteed starts in attack. Firmino, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi and Winaljdum are competing but Klopp needs to decide on his first choice for the sake of consistency and wave length.

I think Lallana has improved a great deal but still wouldn't say he's a brilliant player. Same with Henderson. They can be excellent but it's more one in three or one in four games and that isn't good enough if you want to challenge for trophies.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #805 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:18 pm »
We were very impressive today, and but for an incompetent linesman, would surely have won away to a good Spurs team. Lot of positives to take from the game. Matip really looks the part, which is no surprise after watching him in the Bundesliga the last couple of years. Such an elegant player on the deck and a beast in the air. No doubt whatsoever that he will be a massive success for us. Oozes class and intelligence, with and without the ball. Can see him getting about 5 goals this season too. A nightmare to pick up at a set pieces.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: August 27, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »
Does anyone have a pic of the offside decision? I thought the replay showed Lallana was just off

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: August 27, 2016, 07:13:00 pm »
We were very impressive today, and but for an incompetent linesman, would surely have won away to a good Spurs team. Lot of positives to take from the game. Matip really looks the part, which is no surprise after watching him in the Bundesliga the last couple of years. Such an elegant player on the deck and a beast in the air. No doubt whatsoever that he will be a massive success for us. Oozes class and intelligence, with and without the ball. Can see him getting about 5 goals this season too. A nightmare to pick up at a set pieces.
Good assessment I would say, agree about Matip looks quality..

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #808 on: August 27, 2016, 07:13:07 pm »
The state of these post-match threads is horrendous.

Rodgers was slated on here for his use (and or lack of) substitutions, and his starting line ups were almost always criticized before a ball was even kicked. Almost everything he did was critiqued. I love Klopp to bits and want him to remain our manager for as long as possible, but what's with all the whoppers on here who immediately lash out at anyone who dares to criticize one of our manager's decisions? No, it doesn't mean that I or anyone else knows better than Klopp. It's just called being a fan.

Yeah, calling for Klopp's head is ridiculous and totally uncalled for given that he's been here such a short time, but making snide remarks to someone who even slightly dares to critique something that our manager may have done is also out of order. After all, isn't that what makes this a football forum? People have differing opinions. Fans are fickle and aren't always going to be happy - especially today given that we didn't win. You'd imagine that there will be lots to discuss and just take the bad with the good.

Great post mate.  I think we should have made subs quicker than we did. Im also curious of the way hes trating both Sturridge and Ings.  That doesnt mean I want a new manager, or that I know better than our manager who, 99% of us adore.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #809 on: August 27, 2016, 07:14:00 pm »
Same old story dominated but let down by poor positional play by the left back and a lack of quality in central midfield. I must admit I was a bit unsure of Mane because of his inconsistency and attitude but he has been a revelation and has a bit of the Suarez about him.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: August 27, 2016, 07:14:21 pm »
Does anyone have a pic of the offside decision? I thought the replay showed Lallana was just off

I think he was off too. But its the kind of decision that could have gone either way, however I think the lino got it right, unfortunately.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #811 on: August 27, 2016, 07:15:20 pm »
It looked level to me, maybe Lallana's big toe was offside. Wijnaldum needed to release that pass a foot-step earlier.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #812 on: August 27, 2016, 07:16:20 pm »

I agree with you mate, he's a thoroughbred goal scorer and when 100% he's unplayable....maybe putting his lot in was the wrong expression....perhaps its.more a.mindset Thing?.because dannys instinct is to score perhaps his eagerness to do this would effect the patterns we work on...klopps already aluded to this happening(not specifically about danny) when he talks about the burnley game and the lack of one more pass..our decision making in the last third etc etc...we know how klopp desires the perfect machice..one engine part out of sync can cause lack of performance...if he'd just shut it and had a word in private if he really had to..it might have been better for him rather than planting the seed of doubt..if im thinking about it im pretty sure klopp already has..its probly already been talked out between them i imagine. Im just playing devils advocate tho...theres a good chance im talking out my arse about something i know nothing about.
Have to say that I believe this all boils down to a trust issue between Jurgen and Studge... (And for me, although what I think matters nought!)

As much as we all think Daniel is the best striker around when fit, I certainly don't trust his ability to deliver on a regular basis and neither, I think, does Jurgen. This is the whole reason why Roberto is being played imho - Klopp trusts him and does what he wants and more importantly is consistent.

As for today, I thought Origi was the right choice: pace, eagerness and confidence. To me, there was no issue at all in him coming on over Studge.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: August 27, 2016, 07:17:35 pm »
I would say level, definitely wasn't giving the advantage to the forward. Shock horror away from home with thousands of cockneys screaming offside behind him, to be fare we should  have had a pen and Mane could have gone.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #814 on: August 27, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »
Matip looks a huge improvement on Sakho already

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #815 on: August 27, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »
Good performance from the boys today. Great to see Matip come in and do well hopefully he can make centre back position his own as it appears Sakho is not in the good books. Keeping Mane and other important players fit will be key for us. He has pace and trickery to burn and we saw how much he was missed in our 81% possession defeat last week. Will also be interesting to see how good our new keeper is when recovered from his broken hand. If we have decent luck with our best players staying fit for the season top 4 is not unrealistic with Klopp at the helm.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #816 on: August 27, 2016, 07:21:29 pm »
That's all this fella does mate, nothing positive comes from him, he's just here to slag people off when we don't win. Bit sad really.

We're not even his first team ;D

Englighten me then who my first team are?

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: August 27, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »
Have to say that I believe this all boils down to a trust issue between Jurgen and Studge... (And for me, although what I think matters nought!)

As much as we all think Daniel is the best striker around when fit, I certainly don't trust his ability to deliver on a regular basis and neither, I think, does Jurgen. This is the whole reason why Roberto is being played imho - Klopp trusts him and does what he wants and more importantly is consistent.

As for today, I thought Origi was the right choice: pace, eagerness and confidence. To me, there was no issue at all in him coming on over Studge.
Until he finds his pace again can't see him getting on ahead of Firmino and Origi. He also  doesn't press enough for Klopp at the moment,  he needs to get his head down and get fully fit.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: August 27, 2016, 07:24:49 pm »

Roma, maybe? I'm guessing not Newcastle as you like horses.

;D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #819 on: August 27, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »
Great post mate.  I think we should have made subs quicker than we did. Im also curious of the way hes trating both Sturridge and Ings.  That doesnt mean I want a new manager, or that I know better than our manager who, 99% of us adore.

Yeah, if you don't think that everything is honky dory and have a different opinion then you're always going to get slagged off by certain posters on here.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: August 27, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »
Marginally offside is still offside, some of you lot need to wind your necks in, getting as bad as bitters.  We played well, Vorm saved their skin, Mane could have gone off, ref didn't give us a penalty, long and short of it it evened out.

1 point gained, 2 points lost, whatever, go have a pint.

Onward.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #821 on: August 27, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »
Roma, maybe? I'm guessing not Newcastle as you like horses.

;D

:lmao

Fair play

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: August 27, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
not the worst result.

Matip looked impressive.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #823 on: August 27, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »
Spurs fan here. I thought you guys played really well and were the better team, I wouldn't read too much into it though. We're undefeated this season, despite the fact that we haven't really started playing yet. Most of our attacking players are out of form, missing our most important player from last season (Dembele) yet we are still picking up points, which bodes well for when we do click.

We are notoriously slow starters, we should have a better idea of where we all stand after another 6 games.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: August 27, 2016, 07:57:12 pm »
Spurs fan here. I thought you guys played really well and were the better team, I wouldn't read too much into it though. We're undefeated this season, despite the fact that we haven't really started playing yet. Most of our attacking players are out of form, missing our most important player from last season (Dembele) yet we are still picking up points, which bodes well for when we do click.

We are notoriously slow starters, we should have a better idea of where we all stand after another 6 games.

you win fuck all too.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: August 27, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
So what you're saying is, you know more than Klopp?

There's a lot of that.
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #826 on: August 27, 2016, 08:04:28 pm »
Fuck FSG. Spend some fuckin money you c*nts. Palace spent 32m on benteke. What the fuck!! Are we on their level??  Get the fuck out of out club. Ive been saying for years. Gradual lower finish. 10th next yr under these

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: August 27, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »

Hopefully, your slow start extends through 38 games.

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #828 on: August 27, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »
A lot of matches are going to end up like this as long as Daniel or Divock are not starting. We need a striker in the starting 11

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #829 on: August 27, 2016, 08:13:39 pm »
Would have taken 5 points from the first 3 games, 4 isn't the end of the world.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #830 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »
If that was a boxing match we'd have won on points. A lot of hard work went in there, particularly by Henderson & Firmino and we really deserved the 3 points.

That said, Coutinho HAS to score, professional footballs should be blamming the fucking net with that chance, and despite Mignolet having a decent game and being let down forcing him to come out to Rose he could have done a bit better. I'm certain he turns slightly to avoid getting one in the bollocks - stay big lad, stay big.

The margins were in our passing as well, we'd have created at least 3 or 4 good chances if the angles were better or the weight of the ball correct.

On another day the linesman isn't so keen and we get that bit of luck, gutted for Jurgen, we did enough.

Oh well, that 3 aways out of the way.

Agreed!

One other issue, and I am not one of those calling for Simon's head.  But when he came out on a left footer, his shoulder angle needed to be aligned with the near post.  Allowing Danny Rose and outside of the left foot dribbler is probably something he and Achterburg will look at...

Now, he does get some kudos for bravery and making the right call, I just wish technically he would have started from the near and made Rose have to come across him more to the middle, which is where the angle of Migs coming out was being cut down sec by sec....

Just my two bits here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:22:50 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #831 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:57 pm »

You might not be unbeaten if your first 3 games had been played away from home. I thought we made Spurs look very ordinary today. I'm sorry, but the whole slow starters thing is bollocks. If I were a Spurs fan, I wouldn't be too amused with Pochettino's comments today about his team being months away from where he wants them to be. Every top club has to deal with players returning late from international commitments during the summer.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #832 on: August 27, 2016, 08:16:51 pm »
Posted this in his thread, but if you think Clyne is at fault for the goal, you know nothing about football.

He's in line with the back 4 near the 6 yard box tracking one of their players. In no world does the RB in that position mark a LB starting a run from outside the box. That's on the winger and then midfield on that side if free.

True, from a coaching perspective, the shifting and malleability of the backline make it so Clyney has to come, and Sadio slides in...

Now, I would avoid using the term "know nothing" as this is clearly an exaggeration and mutes your point about our right back being a part of system.  Not knowing defensive principles in the box and knowing nothing --- two different things..
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: August 27, 2016, 08:18:50 pm »
Would have taken 5 points from the first 3 games, 4 isn't the end of the world.

I think most would have expected at least a point from Burnley. Our performance against Arsenal and Tottenham have been quite good, and if you include the League Cup game, we've actually had 3 out of 4 performances now where we've actually done quite well. Unfortunately, there are no mulligans...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: August 27, 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
I am not too worried. Our game will get better and better as season goes on. Performances in 2 of the three games have been good. Points dropped today but I think we will catch up to the top really fast.

Offline Len1

• Main Stander
« Reply #835 on: August 27, 2016, 08:20:23 pm »
An entirely predictable result, but some encouraging aspects to our play. We desperately needed that second goal and were unlucky (in the most part) not to get it. Just wish Lallana was a little quicker, stronger and more decisive.

The defence looked better, aside form both fullbacks lapse for their goal.  The midfield did ok, Henderson looked more comfortable - I thought he looked like he concentrated more on the basics of the role. Some nice combinations from the attack. Not sure what Mignolet was doing for their goal   - half turned his back and jumped over the ball, beaten at near post. 

Overall, more good than bad, but it's the games against Burnley, Hull, Watford etc we need to make sure we win, because we'll always do ok against teams that actually try and beat us by playing football.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #836 on: August 27, 2016, 08:23:24 pm »
Matip looks a huge improvement on Sakho already
He was the dog's bollocks eh?
Best "trick" for me was the 2/3 times he just calmly stuck a foot in and sheparded the ball away with those long legs of his or when he gazelled over to his right to beat the leftback and just comfortably turned him and lazily passed it on. He's so assured. Put his mates at ease all throughout the game.

This lad looks like he'll be a Rolls at the back!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: August 27, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »
Imawhingyfucker FC

Some Eastern European team from your home country, you admitted it on here before lad but go ahead deny it all you want.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #838 on: August 27, 2016, 08:33:28 pm »
Still early days... up up Liverpool!

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #839 on: August 27, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »
The only problem is by the time we get into our stride we'll already be out of the title or top 4 race.

3 games and already 5 points behind the Mancs....