Author Topic: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')  (Read 61781 times)

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')
« Reply #960 on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:58 am »
Did you think it was odd that Pochettino  was calling us a counter attack team before the game., when we generally dominate possession. We were 50/50 today  we also had more possession than Barca and Arsenal , we press rather than sit and counter.

Hmm, I think I get what he was saying, you did counter attack on us. Quick turnover of the ball and then spring on us. Although we play similarly, and also usually dominate possession against teams we play against. Poch does seem to suggest though that we have different philosophies, that is Liverpool and Spurs, although in my opinion we both play the same type of system, and press more than any side in the league. I would say we go direct a bit more often than you guys do....but I'm not sure how different we are.

I don't think Poch was calling you a traditionally counter attacking team.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #961 on: August 28, 2016, 10:23:57 am »
Didn't see the game. Why is this place exploding?  Draw away at spurs is a good result.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: August 28, 2016, 10:24:44 am »
Didn't see the game. Why is this place exploding?  Draw away at spurs is a good result.
If you saw the game you'd understand it even less mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: August 28, 2016, 10:38:12 am »
Hmm, I think I get what he was saying, you did counter attack on us. Quick turnover of the ball and then spring on us. Although we play similarly, and also usually dominate possession against teams we play against. Poch does seem to suggest though that we have different philosophies, that is Liverpool and Spurs, although in my opinion we both play the same type of system, and press more than any side in the league. I would say we go direct a bit more often than you guys do....but I'm not sure how different we are.

I don't think Poch was calling you a traditionally counter attacking team.
Not sure,  each interview I saw he mentioned how much we have spent (we have actually brought in over 10m more than spent) and how you dominate the ball and the game,  and we counter attack. He pushed it at every interview.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #964 on: August 28, 2016, 10:44:10 am »

It's delayed Burnley angst.

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #965 on: August 28, 2016, 11:05:17 am »
10 months ago, we cheered after a point. Now we moan with a point at WHL. Thats improvement in heaps.

I think we had all the attacking flair and everything perfect except some luck. The handball inside their pen area, some mistake by vorm and we were cruising .

Thats football. just accept it. I loved the way we play now, and can see some real structure and tactics going on in the game. They play with intention.

Up the Reds.  8)
---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #966 on: August 28, 2016, 11:11:45 am »
Not sure,  each interview I saw he mentioned how much we have spent (we have actually brought in over 10m more than spent) and how you dominate the ball and the game,  and we counter attack. He pushed it at every interview.

We do dominate the ball and possession. Last season we did it all season against practically every side we came up against. It's why we had the best defense and the lowest shots against of all 20 sides, also the most chances created.

I will say though that Liverpool seem to have our number under Klopp and it's one of our trickier games of the season. Yesterday was a tough game for us, would have preferred to face you further into the season when we are in better form, we rarely start seasons well so 5 points from 3 games is decent.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:13:31 am by Primativ »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: August 28, 2016, 12:03:53 pm »

I missed the game but did check the post match thread and whilst there have been some people moaning, it's been relatively restrained compared to the ridiculous maelstrom post the Burnley match.

From the sounds of things, we should have won it so it's disappointing in that respect but hey we're still a work in progress - and we are still a work in progress despite what some feel, given Klopp's tenure is still at the start - and the team is still coming together. We'll still get a few results and performances like the Burnley game I suspect but the team will evolve throughout the season and the issues we're seeing right now won't necessarily be there later on this year. It's nice to read a more balanced thread than last week (albeit I suspect that had the performance been the same but Tottenham won, it wouldn't have been as measured).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #968 on: August 28, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »
I missed the game but did check the post match thread and whilst there have been some people moaning, it's been relatively restrained compared to the ridiculous maelstrom post the Burnley match.

From the sounds of things, we should have won it so it's disappointing in that respect but hey we're still a work in progress - and we are still a work in progress despite what some feel, given Klopp's tenure is still at the start - and the team is still coming together. We'll still get a few results and performances like the Burnley game I suspect but the team will evolve throughout the season and the issues we're seeing right now won't necessarily be there later on this year. It's nice to read a more balanced thread than last week (albeit I suspect that had the performance been the same but Tottenham won, it wouldn't have been as measured).
The galling thing about it is that all our rivals, Utd, Chelsea and City have managers that are also at the start of their tenure and have already stole a march on us,

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #969 on: August 28, 2016, 12:16:28 pm »
I know we should have taken all 3 points BUT sorry I can't moan or be royally pissed as some people are. We played well, we were the better team. I know you don't get points for playing well but hey it's a difficult ground to get a win and a one of the top teams in the league.

After the Burney match, you had every right to be angry. I was massively disappointed and deflated. But after yesterday, nah, not at all. Actually I'm at a point where I'm looking forward to see the team playing against the big ones cause I know we will find space. I'm more worried about our chances against the likes of Burnley and how we beat them.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: August 28, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
The galling thing about it is that all our rivals, Utd, Chelsea and City have managers that are also at the start of their tenure and have already stole a march on us,

They're starting from a stronger position, haven't played all their games away from home against two of last season's top three (the gnashing of teeth had we only beaten Hull in the last minute wouldn't have been pleasant I think) but most important of all, the season's only just started. We're three games in. There's a heck of a long way to go and worrying that Man Utd or Man City or whoever are top right now or in the top four is useless.

I tend not worry too much about other teams anyway, and particularly at this stage of the season (because it's close to pointless and very much out of our control) and find it's more important IMO to focus on ourselves. I know we'll have games where we don't get a positive result but what's important right now is seeing the team progress and get better from last season. It's far too early to tell whether we have or not overall and IMO the performances have been mixed so far but that's not unexpected really. Focussing on any other club is irrelevant and pointless.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: August 28, 2016, 12:41:21 pm »

It's because we played well and should of got all three, then we only make a small couple of mistakes and we get punished. Throw in the burnley result and its an average return points from our opening three games but two encouraging performances.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:20 pm »
It's because we played well and should of got all three, then we only make a small couple of mistakes and we get punished. Throw in the burnley result and its an average return points from our opening three games but two encouraging performances.
It's more the degree of moaning that's laughable mate.

People were literally writing off the season after the Burnley result.

Now throwing the toys out of the pram again after an away draw against a top 4 competitor. It's a joke the reactions in here, there's no way you can defend it.

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #973 on: August 28, 2016, 01:43:25 pm »
Ok I am sober now.

We were brilliant yesterday.  Deserved to win the game, ref really pissed me off.

Play like that against Leicester and we will win.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2016, 01:49:21 pm »
Just as an aside ... Dele Alli ... fucking snide little shite left one on every one of our players after a tackle.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #975 on: August 28, 2016, 01:52:59 pm »
Just as an aside ... Dele Alli ... fucking snide little shite left one on every one of our players after a tackle.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Believe

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: August 28, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Tis in my world ... your mileage may vary.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: August 28, 2016, 02:11:13 pm »
Here's another one ...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: August 28, 2016, 03:04:42 pm »
Surely that's a six game ban, or whatever it is dembele got. They've set the precedent.

Does Pochettino train them to gouge?

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #979 on: August 28, 2016, 03:05:56 pm »
Here's another one ...

'Shopped, look at his fingers.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: August 28, 2016, 03:13:27 pm »
Also has anyone mentioned the stamp from Ali on Firmino when he was down .

Despicable c*nt .He is up there with Costa in terms of being nasty thugs .

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: August 28, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »
I'm in full agreement, alas.

We literally have relegation level options in one of our starting 11 positions (left back).

Teams with weaknesses THAT glaring do not ease their way into CL places.
You didn't take what that frog-eyed gobshite Crooks said as being serious, did you? Fucking hell.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: August 28, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »
You didn't take what that frog-eyed gobshite Crooks said as being serious, did you? Fucking hell.

Don't agree with you.

He looks more like a mole.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: August 28, 2016, 05:59:14 pm »
I hate looking at the table now........

But it was a pretty good performance against spurs. When our team really gels.....we are gonna be difficult to beat.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: August 28, 2016, 07:51:00 pm »

But it was a pretty good performance against spurs. When our team really gels.....we are gonna be difficult to beat.

When the rest start their 3 game a week slogfest with Europe we will kick into overdrive, and the fact we have already played two of our hardest away games is a big factor too.

Offline mensor

• Definitely not MENSA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #985 on: August 28, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »

We're just keeping that mid table position nice and warm for later in the season  :-X

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #986 on: August 28, 2016, 08:08:51 pm »
4 pts from 2 tricky away games isn't too bad all things considered. Very disappointing to lose from a winning position again.

Indeed. Iconically, it's the Burnley result that's the real stinger. We'd be made up with 7 points from 3 away games
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #987 on: August 28, 2016, 08:46:19 pm »
We're just keeping that mid table position nice and warm for later in the season  :-X
Yip... for someone else.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #988 on: August 28, 2016, 08:49:49 pm »
Indeed. Iconically, it's the Burnley result that's the real stinger. We'd be made up with 7 points from 3 away games
Imagine if we'd drawn Burnley and lost at Spurs or lost at Arsenal, won the Burnley game and drawn at Spurs.
I betcha- it sounds fucked up, but we'd have more content supporters between us- even though it would still have yielded 4 points.

The other side of this lamentable situation is not really appreciated: Having taken points off our direct rivals for 4th and clawing them back down to us- level on points(Arse have 5 though).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:54:43 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #989 on: August 28, 2016, 10:13:37 pm »

35 games to go though......

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: August 28, 2016, 10:29:46 pm »

You mean the table that has Hull in fifth place?

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #991 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:30 am »
I thought we played really well and deserved to win the game.

Phil should have scored, but credit to Vorm he had a very good game, and swept well twice to keep out Mané.

Decisions didn't go well on balance, Should have been a penalty for wrestling Matip to the ground, the front of Lallana's boot was just offside, and Dier looked offside when he receiving the pass for their goal.

I'm impressed with the Lovren Matip partnership and Mané was dangerous again.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: August 29, 2016, 03:51:35 am »
When the rest start their 3 game a week slogfest with Europe we will kick into overdrive, and the fact we have already played two of our hardest away games is a big factor too.
Can't for Europa cup to start and for manure to start dropping points.......
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #993 on: August 29, 2016, 04:33:12 am »
You mean the table that has Hull in fifth place?
They were leading the league a couple of games ago. Shows why you can't read too much this early into the race.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #994 on: August 29, 2016, 07:07:49 am »

Why would you look at the table after three games?  Ten games is the minimum to even begin to draw conclusions.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jonytoe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #995 on: August 29, 2016, 07:31:32 am »
I don't know about you guys, but I think Matip is going to be the heart and soul of our back four for years to come.

He makes the whole back line seem more comfortable and settled. Very impressed. That was the biggest positive for me from this game.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #996 on: August 29, 2016, 07:34:24 am »
I don't know about you guys, but I think Matip is going to be the heart and soul of our back four for years to come.

He makes the whole back line seem more comfortable and settled. Very impressed. That was the biggest positive for me from this game.
Wasn't that what was said about Sakho ... :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #997 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:19 pm »
Full back areas horribly exposed for the equaliser. Milner out of position then even had the chance to block cross and didnt, then Clyne leaves his post and tries to win a header Lovren was winning. Leaving a 1 on 1 v Mignolet which is basically a goal

I've sen a few posts blaming Clyne. He was in a perfect position. The other player near him (it wasn't Lovren either) was behind the  Spurs player and wasn't in position to defend the cross, definitely wasn't winning the header. Clyne was covering the run like he should be doing. You should look at the goal again.

I think 4 points from three away games, two of them being against top four teams is a solid start to the season. Can't understand why some people are reacting like they are. I expected us to be a bit behind when I saw the fixtures and tough away games.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: August 29, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »
The only problem is by the time we get into our stride we'll already be out of the title or top 4 race.

3 games and already 5 points behind the Mancs....

It depends on who you play..Arsenal, and spurs away are difficult for most other teams, no?

*already addressed, sorry
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:02:51 pm by Paul_h »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: August 29, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »
Before Sky, I swear they never even used to publish a table in the paper until 4 or 5 games in. Did I make this up? I was only a kid but I'm sure I remember this.

Anyway as far as I can tell the table doesn't exist yet.