Author Topic: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')  (Read 61785 times)

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
Re: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')
« Reply #920 on: August 27, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »
7 if we want no19. 4pts par for another mid-table, possibly Europa League spot (should we not get too far in the Cup competitions). 5 points dropped so far, that is how we should be looking at it.

Ok then.  Is 4 points for Arsenal from Liverpool, Leicester and Watford "par" for their perennial top 4 finishing slot or is it below their expectations and really mid-table caliber?

So 4 points for Liverpool from their first 3 games is only mid table level but 4 points for Arsenal from their first 3 games is Top 4 pace.  ok.

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: August 27, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »
The manager prepared the team well , we had more chances and limited Spurs chances so he did his part and we should have won by 2 or 3 goals but the players failed him with their decision making specially Lallana he kept the ball too long when the other players were in good positions but when he needed to keep the ball he played a shit thro ball even Clyne in the second half when just a simple pass needed or a cross he decided to cut inside and shoot, the players seem to make alot of wrong decisions..

What a debut for Matip even his clearances is like a pass  :o

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: August 27, 2016, 11:24:17 pm »
That really was odd. Then he ended by saying- "Maybe we're similar, we'll see..."

I was thinking wtf!? Shouldn't you know? And we have had more possession and more passes in the past 4 encounters between us?

They had more of the ball at Anfield.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #923 on: August 27, 2016, 11:29:25 pm »
Really happy with the performance. Hope the results follow soon.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #924 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:00 pm »
They had more of the ball at Anfield.
We had 52%, while they had 48%:

http://www.football-lineups.com/match/214677/

EDIT: Sorry- this was the match at Anfield and yes- you're right:

http://www.football-lineups.com/match/214928/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:35:29 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: August 27, 2016, 11:35:38 pm »
Ok then.  Is 4 points for Arsenal from Liverpool, Leicester and Watford "par" for their perennial top 4 finishing slot or is it below their expectations and really mid-table caliber?

So 4 points for Liverpool from their first 3 games is only mid table level but 4 points for Arsenal from their first 3 games is Top 4 pace.  ok.
Arsenal have pedigree, slow starts, always come through in the end. Of course it is way to early to judge how things are going to pan out. But based on last season, and our first three games, I see a similar pattern emerging. We'll look decent enough against teams that try to play and  struggle against teams willing to wait it out with a low-block and then break on us. We've added Mane and squad competition. Don't think that will be enough for 4th.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #926 on: August 27, 2016, 11:39:18 pm »
Didn't realise there was that many Shepherds around that need herding [emoji14]

My 'agenda' is purely down to being fed up of your miserable arse posts on here, I couldn't give two shits where you make these post from.

See you in 2 weeks when you come back  to moan about the next match.

Then by your standards everyone on here comes to moan because our supporters have an array of different opinions that aren't always basking in the sunshine. We didn't win and people express different opinions, deal with it. Not everyone is going to slap on their rose-tinted glasses and look for just the positives. I had an issue with Sturridge not coming on earlier, I thought it could have won us the game.

No, I don't pretend I know more than Klopp does. That was just my opinion. And the last time I checked, this was still a forum.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #927 on: August 27, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »
Arsenal have pedigree, slow starts, always come through in the end. Of course it is way to early to judge how things are going to pan out. But based on last season, and our first three games, I see a similar pattern emerging. We'll look decent enough against teams that try to play and  struggle against teams willing to wait it out with a low-block and then break on us. We've added Mane and squad competition. Don't think that will be enough for 4th.
Let's just wait and see mate. It's early days and we're tied with Arsenal on 4 points as well and Spurs have 5.
The season's barely begun and we've played only played away. Even United made hard work today against Hull as well.

We just don't know what the season will offer- even after having seen it all before.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:43:28 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: August 27, 2016, 11:47:15 pm »
Meh, thought we should have won. Some good promising attacking play again with the same side the played against Arsenal. Criminal that Coutinho didn't finish early on.

4 out of 9 points seems disappointing but when you consider we've played last seasons 2nd and 3rd placed sides I guess it isn't too bad. If we had beaten Burnley I think I'd be feeling a lot better about things on 7 points however

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #929 on: August 27, 2016, 11:50:12 pm »
I don't think 13/14 is a great example though and still stands out as an anomaly. Besides, we won the first three in that season, and Luis Suarez was still to return. It's more these chases for the top 4 in the past few seasons - when we've consistently analysed the ways we're going to catch up, relying on others to fall under pressure from other commitments etc. but it's really never happened.

I see you point about Klopp and it's definitely just. However 5 points catch-up after 3 games is still 5 points and it is frustrating, given I think today we really were worth the 3. And if we do have to play catch-up again, then it's going to be the real test of this squad, because grit is something that really does seem to be lacking.

You asked the last time we came from behind. I didn't realise there were conditions attached.

5 points dropped after three games means 5 points to catch up over the remaining 35 games (105 points). If the current leaders win all their remaining games then yes, we're fucked. At this stage of the season it means fuck all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: August 27, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »
We have to stay within 9 points to the top until boxing day. After that, everything is possible as the difference in intensity for teams with european football strikes in after that.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #931 on: August 27, 2016, 11:58:51 pm »
Reading a few pages of this thread, makes me pine for the round table thread. Either some people are just whoppers or they just don't understand football.

Mignolet (who I'm no fan of) was excellent. Rose half pie skews that shot and it sneaks in at the near post. Sure, the old saying is that keepers should never be beaten at the near post, but Migs trys to narrow the angle just like he should. His distribution was probably the best I've seen it and he saved everything else he should have. Both fullbacks were to blame for the goal. Milner was way too narrow, which he did a lot in the second half and Clyne was nowhere to be seen. Clyne has now been partly or totally at fault for 3 goals now but does he get the grief that Moreno gets?

For all those bagging our captain, he was decent today. Not great but did his job, that is not his natural position. Matip had a decent debut and was unlucky not to score. Quite a few referees might have given a penalty when he blocked Janssen from running into the box, but that kinda cancels out when Vertonghen drags down Matip. Many will disagree but that's how I saw it.

We were excellent on the counter and the disallowed goal was a thing of beauty. Is it offside? I look at it like this, if Spurs had of scored from a similar incident, we would all be blowing up big time. But in reality the linesman has no right to flag it. He is not level and whatever happened to benefit of the doubt favouring the attacker? But we countered very well and with speed. Firmino had one of his best games even though he didn't score. His layoff for Coutinho was very intelligent. Many strikers would have taken the low percentage shot with defenders in front of them but he put Coutinho in a much better position. He pressed very well and didn't give the ball away nearly as much as normal. Some of his little touches were pure class and I've been critical of him in the past. He was great today. If only we could get him, Coutinho and Sturridge working well together.

Sadly poor finishing cost us today. Sturridge is by far our most natural finisher. I can totally understand why Klopp put Origi on when he did. It did make sense. But I don't think anyone would have criticised him if he had put Sturridge on either. It's easy to say with hindsight (and plenty on here need to understand this!), but a deadly finisher like Sturridge with the space that Spurs were giving us may, and I say "may", have given us a different result. Perhaps Sturridge's outburst ( which it really wasn't as he was just answering a question honestly) cost him a decent run out today. Only Klopp knows this though, so it's merely speculation.

We were definitely worth the 3 points today. We didn't get it, but on many other occasions we would have leaked a second goal, so that is encouraging. After watching that twice now, I am confident about the season ahead if we can work out how to "unpark" a bus. Pick the lock so to speak. Mane gives us a massive threat that we haven't had since our mad chomper left. Like many, I do wonder why we haven't invested in a midfield controller and a LB, but Klopp obviously has a plan.

2 weeks till the next game and let's just hope all our players come back from International duty in one piece. The LFC fan in me hopes the Sturridge doesn't get picked, but I think he will. Please don't break him Sam......
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: August 28, 2016, 12:05:12 am »
I really don't see the problem with having 4 points after Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs. The only problem so far is the Burnley result. We beat Arsenal, we should have beaten both Burnley and Spurs. We're not getting the points we deserve, but that will change. If we can beat the teams we should beat, I think we'll look back at these first games, Spurs included, and say we did well.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #933 on: August 28, 2016, 12:16:20 am »
Reading a few pages of this thread, makes me pine for the round table thread. Either some people are just whoppers or they just don't understand football.

Mignolet (who I'm no fan of) was excellent. Rose half pie skews that shot and it sneaks in at the near post. Sure, the old saying is that keepers should never be beaten at the near post, but Migs trys to narrow the angle just like he should. His distribution was probably the best I've seen it and he saved everything else he should have. Both fullbacks were to blame for the goal. Milner was way too narrow, which he did a lot in the second half and Clyne was nowhere to be seen. Clyne has now been partly or totally at fault for 3 goals now but does he get the grief that Moreno gets?

For all those bagging our captain, he was decent today. Not great but did his job, that is not his natural position. Matip had a decent debut and was unlucky not to score. Quite a few referees might have given a penalty when he blocked Janssen from running into the box, but that kinda cancels out when Vertonghen drags down Matip. Many will disagree but that's how I saw it.

We were excellent on the counter and the disallowed goal was a thing of beauty. Is it offside? I look at it like this, if Spurs had of scored from a similar incident, we would all be blowing up big time. But in reality the linesman has no right to flag it. He is not level and whatever happened to benefit of the doubt favouring the attacker? But we countered very well and with speed. Firmino had one of his best games even though he didn't score. His layoff for Coutinho was very intelligent. Many strikers would have taken the low percentage shot with defenders in front of them but he put Coutinho in a much better position. He pressed very well and didn't give the ball away nearly as much as normal. Some of his little touches were pure class and I've been critical of him in the past. He was great today. If only we could get him, Coutinho and Sturridge working well together.

Sadly poor finishing cost us today. Sturridge is by far our most natural finisher. I can totally understand why Klopp put Origi on when he did. It did make sense. But I don't think anyone would have criticised him if he had put Sturridge on either. It's easy to say with hindsight (and plenty on here need to understand this!), but a deadly finisher like Sturridge with the space that Spurs were giving us may, and I say "may", have given us a different result. Perhaps Sturridge's outburst ( which it really wasn't as he was just answering a question honestly) cost him a decent run out today. Only Klopp knows this though, so it's merely speculation.

We were definitely worth the 3 points today. We didn't get it, but on many other occasions we would have leaked a second goal, so that is encouraging. After watching that twice now, I am confident about the season ahead if we can work out how to "unpark" a bus. Pick the lock so to speak. Mane gives us a massive threat that we haven't had since our mad chomper left. Like many, I do wonder why we haven't invested in a midfield controller and a LB, but Klopp obviously has a plan.

2 weeks till the next game and let's just hope all our players come back from International duty in one piece. The LFC fan in me hopes the Sturridge doesn't get picked, but I think he will. Please don't break him Sam......

Saves me saying how I felt, we've now played 4 games and it is clear that we are unbeatable when we turn up, don't fear any team and all we need to do is finish teams off and/or see games out, something that we've failed to do in each game.  99% happy, only the points total and the 5 point gap causes regret.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #934 on: August 28, 2016, 12:17:33 am »
Can we seriously not source/target/afford a genuine left back?

And

Good performance today. Shame we dropped a massive bollock against Burnley.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline KingOfStrongStyle

• Anny Roader
  • Dub Nation!
« Reply #935 on: August 28, 2016, 12:42:29 am »
We've had injuries to our squad, we've played four away games in a row now and three of them being in the league. Wait until we play some of our home games before judging how were performing, our fixtures have been the toughest in the league and 4 points from Arsenal and Spurs is a good return. It's the shocker of a result at Burnley that hurts.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:49:25 am by KingOfStrongStyle »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #936 on: August 28, 2016, 01:14:17 am »
We've had injuries to our squad, we've played four away games in a row now and three of them being in the league. Wait until we play some of our home games before judging how were performing, our fixtures have been the toughest in the league and 4 points from Arsenal and Spurs is a good return. It's the shocker of a result at Burnley that hurts.
I think I posted something similar earlier on, so I do agree with you. At the same time though, it feels like we've been using this excuse a lot recently. The Burnley result really isn't an anomaly, we've dropped points in many similar fixtures over the past year or so. They've long been our weakness, so rather than Arsenal or Spurs I actually think it's the result which gives us the most insight into how we have or haven't progressed. Right now, all three games have played out more or less as they would've done at times last season. Of course we need more to go on than just three games though so you're right, the games at home/against lower table sides are going to be interesting.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2016, 01:25:28 am »
I really don't see the problem with having 4 points after Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs. The only problem so far is the Burnley result. We beat Arsenal, we should have beaten both Burnley and Spurs. We're not getting the points we deserve, but that will change. If we can beat the teams we should beat, I think we'll look back at these first games, Spurs included, and say we did well.

This. Well, hopefully. I'd say we've outperformed (though not outfinished) Arsenal, Burnley and Spurs. True, none of these teams may yet have hit their stride, but who's to say we have? I definitely think we'll improve further, it's just a case of whether we can do it consistently over the season, and start converting a better percentage of the chances we make.

I was happy with how we looked today, I don't think anyone had a particularly bad game and several did well. Mignolet was good and made one really excellent save, the midfield looked better (though I'm still not convinced about any of them really, apart from Can) and the attackers did well enough, though the end product wasn't quite there. My MOTM would be Matip, early days of course but he definitely looks to have something about him.

Still a bit disappointing to not have taken all three points but we went to Spurs, a bloody good team, and looked the better side. An optimist might suggest there's not too much to be upset about.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2016, 01:26:03 am »

Arsenal always start slowly, and always finish top 4.

We always fuck up against sides like Burnley, and, in recent history, don't finish in the top 4.

So in terms of assessing probabilities for the season based on the recent past - Yes Arsenal are at top 4 pace, and no we aren't.

Only 3 games of course, so it goes without saying that suggesting any side has 'pace' in their top 4 challenge is a bit laughable.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #939 on: August 28, 2016, 01:28:24 am »
After playing Hull, Bournemouth and Southampton...

We've played Arsenal and Spurs?

It's a marathon, season isn't determined by 3 games. Could have easily (and should have) taken 3 points today too. The fact we're disappointed with a point away at a good Spurs side is telling enough.

Watched all three Hull games... I know get a life type stuff, but we should be very careful to put them in this category.  They are precisely the kind of team that takes us to the woodshed --- physical, athletic, and play together with an upcoming centreback in Davies...

After 3 games, Hull is way above Bournemouth imo (we'll see about Soton this year)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #940 on: August 28, 2016, 01:30:32 am »
Doesnt mean much really. Firmino doesn't even get in some Brazil squads and they're shit!

Karius is class.

From the category of impossible to please... here we have exhibit A.... 

Why not hammer Brazilian democracy with the recent coup while your at... and brazilian waxes...

Holy shit is this person for real?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:25 am »

We always fuck up against sides like Burnley, and, in recent history, don't finish in the top 4.

So in terms of assessing probabilities for the season based on the recent past - Yes Arsenal are at top 4 pace, and no we aren't.

Only 3 games of course, so it goes without saying that suggesting any side has 'pace' in their top 4 challenge is a bit laughable.
The first three games has very little to do with where I think we'll finish. I just feel we've only really added one player to the first team. The rest of the additions are competition and minor upgrades on what we already have. Mane is not going to win us the league by himself, I doubt he can catapult this squad to a CL spot either. We should be strong contenders for a Europa League spot though. And if Klopp gets us on a roll we could break into the CL spots but at the moment it looks very unlikely given the number of goals we ship.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:40:20 am by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2016, 01:52:35 am »
Still early and all but we really could do with signing one more wide attacker worth the name. The step up in penetration with Mane and without is too big a gap for a team that actually wants to win anything. Not arsed if we moved on 2 or even 3 of our identikit attacking mid / mid / leftback / rightback / plumber /diy man types to get that one guy who can actually stop Mane's back from breaking under the load of being the sole guy the opposition give a fuck about. That player will be the difference in winning games like this one and settling for ah it's okay 4 points out of Arsenal, Spurs, Burnley isn't bad.

Coutinho is still far too rash / inconsistent in his game-changing moments to be relied on everytime, initially at season's start I thought the attack was fine on paper, it's still good when all are fit but we have the funds to get that one more, go for it. The signs are decent that we're not going to be able to rely on this defence being water-tight every game; it should improve with Karius but the balance is just off due to the characteristics in the midfield, which affects your suitability to defend your way to results. That's ok, as Rodgers showed, you can get close without a near-perfect balance, if that's the path we're going down then get one more top quality wide attacker, otherwise it won't work well enough to get anything above the usual for us.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2016, 01:56:41 am »
The first three games has very little to do with where I think we'll finish. I just feel we've only really added one player to the first team. The rest of the additions are competition and minor upgrades on what we already have. Mane is not going to win us the league by himself, I doubt he can catapult this squad to a CL spot either. We should be strong contenders for a Europa League spot though. And if Klopp gets us on a roll we could break into the CL spots but at the moment it looks very unlikely given the number of goals we ship.
I think we have better system which is extremely important also new goal keeper and CB. As you said its 3 games so let wait till after Xmas which will give us a great reflection of where we are as a club.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2016, 02:03:40 am »

I'm in full agreement, alas.

We literally have relegation level options in one of our starting 11 positions (left back).

Teams with weaknesses THAT glaring do not ease their way into CL places.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2016, 02:42:08 am »
So Milners not a left back , who would have guessed.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2016, 03:09:34 am »
Just finished watching the game for the second time. Thought we were brilliant and unlucky not to take all three points. Mane's goal was about as offside as Dyer was in the lead up Spurs' equaliser.

Sure, Milner got caught out for the goal but if Clyne keeps his position, then the danger is thwarted I feel. Apart from that, I thought Milner had a solid game and certainly snuffed out several other potential hairy moments in defence. Ditto Matip, who really looks like a player and was unlucky not to score. He'll bag his share from set pieces this season.

While it's plausible to suggest the calls for a left back, it's worth noting that our right side has been at fault for three of the six goals already conceded this season, and that's equally worrying. The issue is further exacerbated by that fact that Clyne really has no competition for his place. He will definitely improve on his performances thus far, but competition for places is something we need for every position in the squad.

Also thought the midfield worked quite well together. Lallana made some really good interventions while Gini had his best game for us so far. With Can back in the fold and Henderson pushing further up the pitch this will enhance our already impressive ability to press.

Special shout out to one of the committee members of the Queensland Supporters Club who spent the whole game slating Henderson, even stooping as low to calling him a c*nt. From where I was standing there was only one c*nt in the vicinity and it wasn't Hendo. Complete disgrace of a man and to call him a fellow Red makes me sick to the stomach. Don't like to single people out, but it was inexcusable behaviour from a fellow supporter.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2016, 03:17:35 am »
Thought we had enough clear cut chances to win the game fairly and squarely. Ref was a tool in the first half. Thought Mig came off his line too early otherwise may have saved the shot.

We show we have sufficient attacking talent to cause many in the league but we do need a midfield destroyer to break up play and start the transition in attack.

As the top teams are winning, it'll be another 'work in progress' season. I know it's still a long way to go but it does seem like that.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2016, 03:50:41 am »
Imawhingyfucker FC

Some Eastern European team from your home country, you admitted it on here before lad but go ahead deny it all you want.

He's not local?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: August 28, 2016, 03:59:44 am »
So much for the refs cracking down on man-handling in the penalty box. Vertonhgen's rugby tackle on Matip was by every definition a penalty.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: August 28, 2016, 04:37:41 am »
You do realize that we're usually shit against the smaller teams yea?
Because our expectations are higher. We still take more points per game against shit teams, so the point still stands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: August 28, 2016, 04:42:47 am »

Your point on Clyne is spot on and I've said it before on here, it's just classic confirmation bias.

People are looking for every little thing players like Moreno or Mignolet do wrong, and slate them mercilessly while ignoring anything positive.

However with Clyne, I was literally told by a poster on here after his first or second mistake - he doesn't do it that often, so we can ignore it and that he still had an 8 out of 10 game.

That is LITERALLY textbook confirmation bias.

I like Clyne mind you, but he needs to improve on his first few games. His lateral passing in his own half is atrocious at times.

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: August 28, 2016, 04:48:13 am »
Why would I? Schmeichel was one of the guests in the Prem studio that day. They had 2 Man United pundits for a game between Liverpool and Arsenal.

Him and that other prick, Rio were all for an Arsenal win- even at halftime. I can remember the embarrassement of them having to admit it was a thrilling game form us at the end and the discontent on their faces at the end.

If I find that clip, you'll be the first to know.
I don't know, but no one else saw it, and Schmeichel has always been a big Mignolet fan.

It just doesnt make sense, the goal was a great finish, and the only criticism would be that as a goal keeper you should make a move for everything, because often you can save shots you think are impossible at first reaction due to swerve/bobbles etc.

It just really disappoints me that Mignolet has had a great start to the season, even his distribution against Spurs today was excellent while Vorm was shanking balls into touch - yet he's still getting criticised every game.

Very interested in seeing the link.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: August 28, 2016, 04:49:43 am »
So Milners not a left back , who would have guessed.
Not me.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #954 on: August 28, 2016, 06:06:36 am »

That's the gambler's fallacy. Just because Arsenal have been top four in the recent past and we haven't doesn't guarantee it will happen in the future.

Our 'always finishing outside the top 4' streak goes all the way back to 2013/14 and if you ignore that 2008/9.

We are both on 4 points with 35 games to play.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: August 28, 2016, 07:17:29 am »
I don't think many of us would complain if we had 4 points after losing at Emirates, winning against Burnley and drawing Spurs. The only difference to that is the fact that Arsenal has 3 points fewer.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: August 28, 2016, 07:36:57 am »
Ive very rarely thought much of Milner's contribution, but I thought for 50 mins today he was top notch. One of his top 3 games for us I reckon. But then he hit a cliff and we should probably have replaced him after 65 min or so. Good signs though

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2016, 08:40:29 am »

I wouldn't be worried about the points deference now considering our fixtures. Its a long season, the most important thing is not to be far from the top come April, last season we had 44 or 45 points with 9 games left, this season we will get more for sure ? and with our last 9 games being the easiest compared to the other teams you never know ....

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2016, 09:32:08 am »
Morning folks, just rewatched the match and I am scratching my head over how we didn't end up winning it.
Coutinho should have scored, we had a clear penno, which the ref acknowledged seeing, denied. We scored a cracker of a second goal but it got wiped for a maybe offside. There goal had a very similar element to it ... blah blah blah.
Anyway I thought we played very well in parts and more than matched a physical, fit but dull Spurs.
Migs did very well,  Matip also. Hendo really got stuck in. Firmino, Lovren, Mane all played well and collectively I thought we looked far more a coherent side than Spurs.
It's just so irritating we didn't win. Next 2 games are massive now. The best bus parkers in the League followed by the Plastics.
Bring them on.

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2016, 10:01:57 am »
Morning folks, just rewatched the match and I am scratching my head over how we didn't end up winning it.
Coutinho should have scored, we had a clear penno, which the ref acknowledged seeing, denied. We scored a cracker of a second goal but it got wiped for a maybe offside. There goal had a very similar element to it ... blah blah blah.
Anyway I thought we played very well in parts and more than matched a physical, fit but dull Spurs.
Migs did very well,  Matip also. Hendo really got stuck in. Firmino, Lovren, Mane all played well and collectively I thought we looked far more a coherent side than Spurs.
It's just so irritating we didn't win. Next 2 games are massive now. The best bus parkers in the League followed by the Plastics.
Bring them on.
I don't know why, but I got such a boost from this post!

You just sound like an actual fan of the team.

Come on the reds!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk