Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 598136 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football
« Reply #2560 on: January 7, 2018, 11:25:32 pm »
Hazard is a good player no doubt, but for me he has stagnated. He is the same player he has been 4 years ago. He has not reached a level where he's in the top 3, or even 5 players in the world. A good good player but he has not elevated himself higher.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2561 on: January 7, 2018, 11:28:49 pm »
Hazard is a good player no doubt, but for me he has stagnated. He is the same player he has been 4 years ago. He has not reached a level where he's in the top 3, or even 5 players in the world. A good good player but he has not elevated himself higher.

Not to mention he is a total ghost for Belgium.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2562 on: January 7, 2018, 11:33:18 pm »
You're writing just as much nonsense as Xaavi if you think Hazard is overrated, and to bring up his numbers playing under defensive minded managers two he was the POTY for when winning the league says it all. Hazard is incredible and I can't wait for him to fuck off to Madrid to prove just that, no doubt his numbers will go up playing in a dominant attacking team in a league with a bunch of shite teams apart from two.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2018, 11:36:17 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #2563 on: January 7, 2018, 11:38:51 pm »
Barcelona next 2 match will be away at 'boogey side' Sociedad and Betis. Hope they lose both 2 matches and Coutinho scored OG in both matches. If Atletico win both match then they will be only 3 points behind.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2564 on: January 7, 2018, 11:40:32 pm »
You're writing just as much nonsense as Xaavi if you think Hazard is overrated, and to bring up his numbers playing under defensive minded managers two he was the POTY for when winning the league says it all. Hazard is incredible and I can't wait for him to fuck off to Madrid to prove just that, no doubt his numbers will go up playing in a dominant attacking team in a league with a bunch of shite teams apart from two.

I didn't say he isn't good, for me personally he hasn't gone to a higher level since his POTY, he's stayed about the same. A top player, but he should be doing much more at this point in his career, defensive managers or not.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #2565 on: January 7, 2018, 11:43:05 pm »
Real Madrid in the Europa League next season. Can't see Ronaldo enjoying that prospect.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: January 7, 2018, 11:53:19 pm »
So the difference between Salah and Hazard’s stats is Conte being defensive minded? You are also ignoring the fact that Hazard has been with Chelsea for 5 years now and he knows system of Conte. This is Salah’s first year with us and under a new manager, which makes his numbers even more impressive. Bakayoko has same number of assists as Hazard (2). Alonso has same number of goals. Yes he is a very good player but quite overrated imo.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #2567 on: January 8, 2018, 12:05:54 am »
Good to see it's not just Pep Guardiola you write a load of absolute drivel on.

Last season was great, City struggled and Xxavi wasn't anywhere near as active.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: January 8, 2018, 12:10:04 am »
So the difference between Salah and Hazard’s stats is Conte being defensive minded? You are also ignoring the fact that Hazard has been with Chelsea for 5 years now and he knows system of Conte. This is Salah’s first year with us and under a new manager, which makes his numbers even more impressive. Bakayoko has same number of assists as Hazard (2). Alonso has same number of goals. Yes he is a very good player but quite overrated imo.

No the difference is that Salah is a more decisive attacker in front of goal, he is a better finisher makes better runs, while Hazard is by far the better playmaker.

Klopp himself said Chelseas tactics against us was simply defend well and deep then give it to Hazard, well it's been like that for him for the last 4 seasons at least, still didn't stop him from putting in the best performance any opposition attacker has at Anfield this season.

He is a special special footballer to be honest, maybe more of a throwback to when everyone wasn't stat obsessed and could appreciate other aspects of football, I wouldn't call Imiesta overrated and he spent a lot of his career playing in the same position Hazard does.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2569 on: January 8, 2018, 12:12:58 am »
No the difference is that Salah is a more decisive attacker in front of goal, he is a better finisher makes better runs, while Hazard is by far the better playmaker.

Klopp himself said Chelseas tactics against us was simply defend well and deep then give it to Hazard, well it's been like that for him for the last 4 seasons at least, still didn't stop him from putting in the best performance any opposition attacker has at Anfield this season.

He is a special special footballer to be honest, maybe more of a throwback to when everyone wasn't stat obsessed and could appreciate other aspects of football, I wouldn't call Imiesta overrated and he spent a lot of his career playing in the same position Hazard does.

Iniesta and Hazard don't play in the same position nor do they have the same role. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: January 8, 2018, 12:19:27 am »
Iniesta and Hazard don't play in the same position nor do they have the same role. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Same position at times is that left side of midfield/forward line, Iniesta played in the front three many a time, the roles are different because Iniesta is even more of a facilitator or playmaker.

I think you'll be surprised to see how deep Hazard drops at time, especially under Mourinho.

Even under Conte "deep defending then give it to Hazard, wow".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-sums-13954528

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: January 8, 2018, 12:29:02 am »
Same position at times is that left side of midfield/forward line, Iniesta played in the front three many a time, the roles are different because Iniesta is even more of a facilitator or playmaker.

I think you'll be surprised to see how deep Hazard drops at time, especially under Mourinho.

Even under Conte "deep defending then give it to Hazard, wow".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-sums-13954528

Iniesta has obviously played there, but he has spent most of his career, certainly the last ten years, playing in midfield.

He's very good on the ball [Hazard] but he isn't Iniesta, he doesn't possess the same ability as he does, to control a game, to keep the ball like Iniesta does.

Iniesta is one of the greatest midfielders in the history of the game. Hazard is not [yet]

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: January 8, 2018, 12:33:07 am »
I used to be very much in the Hazard is overrated camp, but I'm beginning to come around after seeing Chelsea a couple of times this season. When Fabregas isn't on the pitch he is their only creative player and he looks levels above his teammates. If you can manage to limit his influence on proceedings you go a long way to stopping Chelsea.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: January 8, 2018, 12:34:58 am »
I used to be very much in the Hazard is overrated camp, but I'm beginning to come around after seeing Chelsea a couple of times this season. When Fabregas isn't on the pitch he is their only creative player and he looks levels above his teammates. If you can manage to limit his influence on proceedings you go a long way to stopping Chelsea.

Hazard is a sensational talent and has been wasted by successive defensive managers. Chelsea to be fair have never been a particularly great attacking team for more than a decade now. Their success has been built on a blueprint of solid defence and a midfield of power over finesse. Hazard in a team like ours would be devastating though he already is for the most part exactly that.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #2574 on: January 8, 2018, 01:56:22 am »
Zidane will be gone either before or at the end of the season.

Sign Kane, Hazard, De Bruyne and Aguero please Florentino you c*nt.  :D

And leave Salah alone !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2575 on: January 8, 2018, 05:51:54 am »
Kane is nailed on to go to Madrid next season. They'll be dumping Benzema in the process. Hazard too I think is on his way there. That's Benzema and Bale replaced. We'll have to wait and see what happens to Zidane.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: January 8, 2018, 01:19:04 pm »
Yes please Madrid, sign Kane. Then Hazard.
I think they will go after these two and Courtois as well.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: January 8, 2018, 01:22:46 pm »
Real Madrid in the Europa League next season. Can't see Ronaldo enjoying that prospect.
I can see Ronaldo making a dramatic return to Utd to get another massive payday and really who’s ever how far he has fallen

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: January 8, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »
Zidane will be gone either before or at the end of the season.

Sign Kane, Hazard, De Bruyne and Aguero please Florentino you c*nt.  :D

And leave Salah alone !!

And DeGea!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: January 8, 2018, 03:58:31 pm »
What is this based on? Salah this season is better than him and if he keeps his performances up, he will have had a better season than Hazard has ever had. He has more goals, more assists, and a better average rating per game in the CL and Premier League according to whoscored.com
Because football is more than numbers. Hazard is absolutely carrying Chelsea's attack. He has been magical, going past players at will, creating chances for fun. If he had a better striker partner than Morata, his assists would be off the chart, too.

If Hazard joins Barca with Suarez and Messi, Bayern with Lewandowski, or Madrid with Ronaldo/Bale, his numbers would look a lot different, too. His numbers would look a lot different at Liverpool, too, by the way, due to Liverpool's playing style under Klopp.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2018, 04:00:24 pm by Xxavi »

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: January 8, 2018, 04:02:19 pm »
Barcelona next 2 match will be away at 'boogey side' Sociedad and Betis. Hope they lose both 2 matches and Coutinho scored OG in both matches. If Atletico win both match then they will be only 3 points behind.
Mate, let's not hope for that. Barca may start thinking of bolstering our attack by looking at high scoring wingers like Salah, if what you say happens ;D

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: January 8, 2018, 04:11:01 pm »
Seriously though, re-Coutinho's transfer, I was against this mostly because of his price tag. He will improve Barca, he is a quality player. But I look back at the times when Barca had 9/11 homegrown players in CL winning teams. The popular answer is "Barca don't have the same talent in the academy any more", but I disagree. I am convinced we don't even get to know about it as recent Barca managers don't even give Barca youngsters a chance to shine and develop in the first team. A Thiago won't emerge any time soon. It is more likely that young players would leave like Cesc, Pique, Thiago, Bellerin etc. and then Barca would need to pay $$$ to get them back.

It's a shame. Barca youngsters prove that they are among the best year after year in all sorts of youth tournaments. We have the likes of Samper who was wanted by top European clubs. He stayed, and now, he is about to become a nobody. Just this past summer Barca youngsters shined in multiple UEFA/FIFA tournaments. Interestingly, Coutinho's own story is the same. He didn't get a chance to shine at Inter Milan, left for Espanyol and then Liverpool. I am hoping that Valverde has at least some plan re-game time for Barca kids.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2582 on: January 8, 2018, 05:19:21 pm »
Seriously though, re-Coutinho's transfer, I was against this mostly because of his price tag. He will improve Barca, he is a quality player. But I look back at the times when Barca had 9/11 homegrown players in CL winning teams. The popular answer is "Barca don't have the same talent in the academy any more", but I disagree. I am convinced we don't even get to know about it as recent Barca managers don't even give Barca youngsters a chance to shine and develop in the first team. A Thiago won't emerge any time soon. It is more likely that young players would leave like Cesc, Pique, Thiago, Bellerin etc. and then Barca would need to pay $$$ to get them back.

It's a shame. Barca youngsters prove that they are among the best year after year in all sorts of youth tournaments. We have the likes of Samper who was wanted by top European clubs. He stayed, and now, he is about to become a nobody. Just this past summer Barca youngsters shined in multiple UEFA/FIFA tournaments. Interestingly, Coutinho's own story is the same. He didn't get a chance to shine at Inter Milan, left for Espanyol and then Liverpool. I am hoping that Valverde has at least some plan re-game time for Barca kids.

Coutinho likes to keep the ball - sometimes too long. Messi won't tolerate that.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2583 on: January 8, 2018, 05:45:20 pm »
Barca really fucked up on transfer policy.

They've spent 142 million to buy Iniesta's heir, when Thiago was sitting and stewing there, and has gone and torn shit up in Germany.

How do they have this kind of money? They blew most of Neymar's money on Dembele didn't they?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: January 8, 2018, 07:20:41 pm »
Because football is more than numbers. Hazard is absolutely carrying Chelsea's attack. He has been magical, going past players at will, creating chances for fun. If he had a better striker partner than Morata, his assists would be off the chart, too.

If Hazard joins Barca with Suarez and Messi, Bayern with Lewandowski, or Madrid with Ronaldo/Bale, his numbers would look a lot different, too. His numbers would look a lot different at Liverpool, too, by the way, due to Liverpool's playing style under Klopp.

Put Andrey Voronin in Barcas team or Madrids team and his numbers would be great.
You don't half talk some bollox.

So because a player 'goes past players', not like Salah cannot take on a man, or 'create chances' not like Salah hasn't got any assists plus all the ones missed he is twice the player?

Absolute garbage. You don't score 17 goals if your shit. Hazard has scored 6, have the keepers been more on form against Hazard? That is what you will be saying next

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: January 8, 2018, 07:58:59 pm »
^ I never said Salah is shit. Hazard is much better than him, that is what I said.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: January 8, 2018, 08:10:19 pm »
^ I never said Salah is shit. Hazard is much better than him, that is what I said.
You said Salah is not even half the player Hazard is, which is bullshit.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: January 8, 2018, 09:19:22 pm »

Much better based on what? Goals, Assists? Winning games? Winning awards?

Oh wait, none of those

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: January 8, 2018, 10:38:46 pm »
As a footballer Hazard is fantastic and he carries his team in attack. It’s fair, not least based on more than this season, to say he’s better than Salah, but much better? I don’t know, Salah is having an outstanding season and not just in terms of goals.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: January 9, 2018, 07:13:33 pm »
Atletico is playing a strong team against Lleida in the cup, still struggling to score. 0-0 and almost HT. They are a bit boring to watch, not United level yet but still boring :D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: January 9, 2018, 07:51:50 pm »
Atletico is playing a strong team against Lleida in the cup, still struggling to score. 0-0 and almost HT. They are a bit boring to watch, not United level yet but still boring :D

They're horrible to watch.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2591 on: January 9, 2018, 07:53:36 pm »
Sorry to ask something which has probably been covered before, numerous times I would imagine, but is there a reason to Real Madrid's change of transfer policy away from signing Galacticos more or less every summer?

Since James Rodriguez back in 2014, they've not signed any 'star' players and haven't been one of the biggest spenders in Europe. Is this a change of policy because they've been winning so much, have such a strong, balanced team or is there another issue?

Seems odd that in their current predicament that they aren't doing a Barca and unsettling some superstars for a record transfer.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: January 9, 2018, 08:43:59 pm »
R.Madrid are reminding me of Inter after shitcoat left. Bunch of old and injury prone players.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2593 on: January 9, 2018, 08:55:38 pm »
Sorry to ask something which has probably been covered before, numerous times I would imagine, but is there a reason to Real Madrid's change of transfer policy away from signing Galacticos more or less every summer?

Since James Rodriguez back in 2014, they've not signed any 'star' players and haven't been one of the biggest spenders in Europe. Is this a change of policy because they've been winning so much, have such a strong, balanced team or is there another issue?

Seems odd that in their current predicament that they aren't doing a Barca and unsettling some superstars for a record transfer.

Think this is probably going to be the summer where they start again. Definitely one where I could see them spending 200 million at least, especially considering most people thought they'd be comfortable winning the title again, and look what's happened.

I think Benzema's finished there, Ronaldo is going to be 33, so they'll want to find a younger alternative I imagine, and other key players like Modric and Ramos aren't getting younger. Bale as well, he can't exactly be relied on can he.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: January 9, 2018, 08:56:44 pm »
I could see Real spending over 300m to be honest. I'm expecting 3 or 4 massive signings and they don't come cheap these days. They'll make a statement. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Neymar lacing it up for them next season.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: January 9, 2018, 08:58:12 pm »
Didn't they spend something like £40m on a 16 year old last summer?

Imagine Mbappe would have gone there this summer if PSG hadn't jumped in as well.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: January 9, 2018, 09:03:14 pm »
Didn't they spend something like £40m on a 16 year old last summer?

Imagine Mbappe would have gone there this summer if PSG hadn't jumped in as well.

I think Everton spent about the same on transfer fees this summer as Real have over the last 3 combined.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2597 on: January 9, 2018, 09:54:11 pm »
Yeah you can definitely feel a big summer coming up. Bale is unfortunately injury prone, Ronaldo is only going one way and Benzema is looking less and less like a Madrid striker.

Question is, who would be their Galactico singings?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: January 9, 2018, 09:58:36 pm »
Vietto is having a good start to his Valencia career. Always thought he is a good pass and move player. Atleticos game is not for him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: January 9, 2018, 10:17:44 pm »
Vietto is having a good start to his Valencia career. Always thought he is a good pass and move player. Atleticos game is not for him.

Yeah, I said the other day that he could be a very good signing as he played well under Marcellino previously.

Never knew Paco Jemez was back in La Liga, now there's a guy that likes attacking football.