Author Topic: Man City - Anxieta in Proelia - thoughts with them during this difficult time  (Read 219187 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Believer
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Baffingly, that 33 guy claims City dominated English football during the 1930s. Err... they won 2 trophies - 1934 FA Cup & the League in 1937. AND they were relegated the following year.

Meanwhile, Arsenal won 5 championships & 2 FA Cups!

He also reckons they dominated during the 60s which is equally nonsensical

Without checking I would probably say Everton won more than city in the 30s.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
Fucking morons. :D

It does annoy me that so many shite English teams have won a Cup Winners Cup and somehow it’s the only one we didn’t win, when generally it’s was far and away the easiest to win. That United run time the final in 1991 was obscene. And obviously now we’ll never win it.

We shouldn't start rewriting history and pretending we won the Intertoto cup.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
Ah we were too busy winning leagues most of the time so rarely qualified for what was ultimately very much the third level European competition. You said it yourself there are some obscure teams who’ve won it, just because they won the FA Cup. I know it sometimes feels like a gap especially after we went close on a couple of the rare occasions we were in it but not one that you should let annoy you too much

Indeed, we wouldn't have played in the 77/78 cwc had we won the 77 fa cup, as we'd already qualified for the 77/78 european cup by winning the league, funnily enough United got St Etienne in the 1st round of the 77/78 cwc won 3-1 on agg but had to play the 2nd leg home tie in Plymouth due to crowd trouble in the 1st leg.

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
I think we only played in it twice though.

1965/66
1974/75

Also played in it in 92/93 after we’d won the Cup in 92. Lost to Spartak Moscow when David Burrows ended up in goal.

Also played 96/97 because United won the double. That’s when we lost to PSG in the semis.

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
Also played in it in 92/93 after we’d won the Cup in 92. Lost to Spartak Moscow when David Burrows ended up in goal.

Also played 96/97 because United won the double. That’s when we lost to PSG in the semis.

Yep, Chelsea won the 97/98 cwc, they beat Stuttgart in the final, the semis that year were Lokomotiv Moscow & Vicenza, i remember the Tromso vs Chelsea tie that season in Norway which was played in a blizzard. ;D

Online Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot
  • Believer
I think we only played in it twice though.

1965/66
1974/75

To paraphrase Shankly,  "we never did badly enough to qualify".
Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do, I sit.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Truthiness
One thing that Sam Lee in the Athletic has talked about re the CAS appeal:

What else would a ban mean for City?

A Premier League points deduction is a possibility.

The Premier League has been investigating City, but it appears to be waiting for UEFA and CAS’s decisions before announcing their stance. The Premier League has its own FFP regulations, although they allow for far greater losses than UEFA does — an English top-flight club would have to make losses of more than £105 million before any punishment, which could include a points deduction.

This area is tricky as City have been found guilty by the CFCB of overstating their revenue — it is not clear whether, or by how much, City would have breached UEFA’s FFP “break-even requirement”, meaning that clubs cannot spend more than they earn. If it is established at CAS that City would have made big losses, it would be easier for the Premier League to act.

However, one hitherto overlooked element of this whole case is section J7 of the Premier League handbook, which covers “UEFA Club Licence Applicants”:

“Any club making a false statement (whether made verbally or in writing) in or in connection with an application for a UEFA Club Licence or falsifying a document produced in support of or in connection with such an application shall be in breach of these rules and shall be liable to be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Section W of these rules.”

In short, if a club has deceived UEFA in the process of applying to play European football, it will be punished by the Premier League, which again could mean a points deduction.

So if CAS were to reject City’s appeal, the Premier League will be automatically handed a reason to punish City — regardless of any financial losses City may or may not have made — because they would have been found to have misled UEFA and also the Premier League, which is covered by section J7 of the league handbook.

Insert Klopp's 'what a pity' gif here
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Red Berry

• Believer

So if CAS were to reject City’s appeal, the Premier League will be automatically handed a reason to punish City — regardless of any financial losses City may or may not have made — because they would have been found to have misled UEFA and also the Premier League, which is covered by section J7 of the league handbook.

Insert Klopp's 'what a pity' gif here

This is very important because even if the ban is reduced they'll still be guilty, not exonerated.  That leaves the Premier League free to act.

Jürgen Klopp does not adapt to English Football.  English Football adapts to Jurgan Klopp.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Believer
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
Which of course they will....
Internet terrorist

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
They have to, otherwise City's lack of European football will give them an advantage in the league.

Online Red Berry

• Believer
Which of course they will....

I know it would sting us heavily financially, but I'd honestly laugh if City got their ban reduced but then UEFA announced no CL next year because of Covid-19 with the ban coming in for the following season.

PROJECT WAKE UP UK

Popcorn's Art

Offline Morgana

• Believer
  • Sanity is overrated.
CAS process begins on June 8th. Will probably get away with a slap on the wrist. While UEFA and the PL are allowing war criminals and journalist-dismemberers to buy PL clubs from Mike Ashley, I don't see how they get to take the moral high ground on anything in particular. Money talks.

Nothing to see here. Moving along now. Etc.

:no
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 03:09:49 PM by Morgana »

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My favourite part is where he claims they signed players that weren't big names like *ahem* Aguero, David Silva, and Leroy Sane. Can tell he's never watch a foreign match in his life, every football fan and their mother knows these players were tearing it up for Atletico, Valencia and Schalke.
Come on, they were plucked from obscurity to play for Man City.  I happen to know for a fact that Aguero and Silva both grew up dreaming of playing for City and had pictures of Jamie Pollock and Paul Dickov on their walls

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
City's 3rd kit for whenever next season starts is shocking, Puma are taking the piss with City now. :lmao

Offline Statto Red

• Believer
  • Kloppite
Remember that time a City fan had a tattoo done with them being 2011 champions league winners, oh dear. :lmao

Offline SK8 Red

• Boys Pen
Should any type of CL ban be implemented, I will assume this means some Premier league titles will have been “won” whilst cheating. Was it just 2013/14 and will they be using an asterisk*?

Can’t see any trophies being stripped even though they should be.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
Just think, they would have been winning the FA Cup tomorrow and nobody would give a toss.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Just think, they would have been winning the FA Cup tomorrow and nobody would give a toss.

My fav non-Liverpool moment of last season

Manchester City fan enters press box to complain about pro-Liverpool bias after FA Cup final win

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/manchester-city-fan-press-box-liverpool-bias-fa-cup-final-vs-watford-a8920631.html
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
My fav non-Liverpool moment of last season

Manchester City fan enters press box to complain about pro-Liverpool bias after FA Cup final win

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/manchester-city-fan-press-box-liverpool-bias-fa-cup-final-vs-watford-a8920631.html
Which led to one of the funniest pictures ever made. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
Remember that time a City fan had a tattoo done with them being 2011 champions league winners, oh dear. :lmao

In the early days of the takeover I think one got a Kaka tattoo (before Milan bottled the deal).

Online an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
Bluemoon is full of some of the biggest whoppers to ever grace the internet, but maybe the crown of king whopper goes to this turbo whopper for this piece of simply incredible stupidity...

"The Dippers chairmen stating what a great thing for the game to have footy back , Sir Jordan cant wait to pick up where they left off (losing 4 out of their last 6 games) Klopp stating it was like his first day back at school to see the "boys" again , even spit stated he was glad there was only half a dozen postitve tests , what a desperate football club , and you can guarantee every single one of the Dippers squad will be ready after a nice 3 month rest , because the wheels had come off in March they were physically and mentally f*cked.

Pesonally i would like to f*ck the Dipper game off , play the Under 23 team just to underline how pointless and the complete loss of integrity the league now has , save ourselves for cup glory and another treble and for the 2nd season running proving we are the team to beat , the number of trophies in the cabinet prove that , (and not including micky mouse UEFA/FIFA invitation charity games)"

So let me get this straight...the league starting is pointless and has no integrity, but the FA Cup and the European Cup restarting and his team winning them would see his team achieve glory...

You literally couldn't make it up.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
He needs to give that brain cell back, it's owner will be really missing that amount of intelligence.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
And who gives a shit. Like other fanbases, they are trying to make themselves feel better. 

They know that they have been out performed horribly in the league this season and been shown up, despite their big spending yet again.
Football always seems the most important of the least important things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
"For the second season running proving we're the team to beat" ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
He needs to give that brain cell back, it's owner will be really missing that amount of intelligence.

I must admit that i get quite down at times with this lockdown and all that is going on - but half an hour or so on there cheers me up no end!

Online an tha

• Kopite
"For the second season running proving we're the team to beat" ;D

A team that has lost a quarter of their league games this season....

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I must admit that i get quite down at times with this lockdown and all that is going on - but half an hour or so on there cheers me up no end!
It has some use then

Offline disgraced cake

• Believer
  • Seis Veces
Physically and mentally fucking ourselves to the greatest lead ever assembled in English top flight football, all the while being The Champions of Europe™ and Champions of the World™
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:12:24 PM by disgraced cake »
Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online an tha

• Kopite
It has some use then

It really is very therapeutic!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family