Author Topic: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)  (Read 934552 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)
« Reply #7801 on: April 30, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »
I've no doubt Buvac has a brilliant football brain as Klopp describes.

IF he doesn't return next season, though, I would note two things:

-We've seen little improvement in terms of Klopp's ability to change the game from the bench during his time here. I have some sympathy with him here because, compared to a few of our rivals, our squad depth just isn't there (though obviously it is ultimately Klopp responsible for creating that squad, equally you can't disregard different strategies and budgets).

-We've also seen little improvement in terms of breaking down low-block sides who don't engage us. Again, I have some sympathy, as arguably we haven't had the midfielders to help us do so, but it is ultimately up to Klopp to rectify that via tactics and signings.

Perhaps some fresh insight would do the world of good for all parties? 17 years is a long time to share an intense relationship. Maybe Buvac is a brilliant planner, but what we actually need is someone who can think more quickly in-game to help Klopp?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7802 on: April 30, 2018, 03:32:12 pm »
Interesting, hadn't heard this before:

Vlasta Stevanovic
@vlstastevanovic

Just a reminder that without Buvač Klopp probably wouldn’t be at LFC today. It was Buvač who refused to go to Real Madrid after Borussia, and it was Buvač’s dream for the pair to manage LFC, his favourite club. Thank you Željko, I hope to see you back soon. #LFC

Klopp made it clear he wasn't interested in Spanish football, as he can't speak the language and that was always going to be a vital part of any job he took outside Germany.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7803 on: April 30, 2018, 03:46:53 pm »
Still concerning how the info got to a bell*nd like him though.

Pep and Buvac are big losses. I hope history doesnt repeat itself because if memory serves me right, we were never quite the same after Rafa and Pako fell out.

Rafa's 08/09 team was built without Pako.  :P

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7804 on: April 30, 2018, 03:47:33 pm »
Is that...Zeljko Buvac? In the garden? What could be possibly want?

Anything gets better with a Stewart Lee reference.  :wellin :wellin
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #7805 on: April 30, 2018, 04:00:58 pm »
Folks, the short term of Buvac's leave is NOT as big a problem as many believe (imo).  Here are the reasons:

1.  The technical knowledge shared between Kloppo & Zeljko has already been seeded, planted, cemented into the system long ago
2.  The training rituals of running sessions, sorting issues and organizing the team can be managed with 2 ECL & 2 EPL games left
3.  The affect of Buvac's leave on the players has already occurred in terms of actual interaction/yesteday's announcement
4.  The original story was leaked to Duncan Castles --- hundreds of possibilities of why

The issues are more long term for me:
A.  Possible dent in the team-building ethos -
B.  Long term training continuity
C.  The timing of this --- disappointment rears its head somewhere along the line (club, staff, supporters, personal and group).

The press conference will be watched though.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7806 on: April 30, 2018, 04:02:10 pm »
We didn't do too badly after Pako, and we don't even know if it's temporary or permanent. Buvac will likely be back for next season.
Losing Pako was like whenever we have a squad player out injured; nobody mentioned him when we were playing great but as soon as we had bad form it was all because we missed him.

Only time will tell the affect that losing Buvac will have on us. It does seem very strange timing and we just have to hope that we dont lose any focus. Its hard not to speculate on it but hopefully everyone at the club has their eyes on the prize. Its a pretty fucking special prize after all.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7807 on: April 30, 2018, 04:03:27 pm »
What time is the press conference tomorrow?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7808 on: April 30, 2018, 04:06:49 pm »
Exciting times ahead.  ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/300104-jurgen-klopp-as-roma-chelsea-liverpool-fc
“By David Lynch”

I’ll be disappointed if this article doesn’t end with Jay Spearing dancing and sending encrypted messages to Klopp by speaking backwards.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7809 on: April 30, 2018, 04:30:38 pm »
“By David Lynch”

I’ll be disappointed if this article doesn’t end with Jay Spearing dancing and sending encrypted messages to Klopp by speaking backwards.

The assistants are not what they seem.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: April 30, 2018, 05:33:56 pm »
“By David Lynch”

The assistants are not what they seem.

:lmao

Well lets just hope Wednesday isn't Episode 8 ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #7811 on: April 30, 2018, 07:01:14 pm »
Team moral must be soo low because an assistant is taking time off.

Typical. Gini & Milner do all the hard work in the middle while Hendo spectates. Can isn't even in shot. Probably standing out of shot watching it all happen. :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7812 on: April 30, 2018, 07:17:53 pm »
He's on the phone with Juve I believe.

If not - he probably got stuck attempting to turn into the training grounds.

I laughed at that way too hard.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7813 on: April 30, 2018, 07:18:57 pm »
Lallana is in that shot.

Good to see him back in training.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7814 on: April 30, 2018, 07:21:10 pm »
Lallana is in that shot.

Good to see him back in training.

Too early to make bench maybe but hope so.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #7815 on: April 30, 2018, 07:21:58 pm »
I don't expect much to change between now and the end of the season. Just not enough time for tactical/training issues to come up that Klopp will need help solving. I'd be more concerned if Buvac took time off in October. I just hope whatever he is dealing with comes to a good conclusion. He and Klopp have us playing some of the best attacking football I've ever seen. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 07:24:02 pm by wemmick »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #7816 on: April 30, 2018, 09:05:47 pm »

No sign of Gomez - he must have been too slow coming forward.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #7817 on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:58 pm »
So looking at it again (Klopp league games only):

2015/16: Goals per game with less than 65% possession - 1.95/Goals per game with 65% possession or more - 1.56
2016/17: Goals per game with less than 65% possession - 2.42/Goals per game with 65% possession or more - 1.59
2017/18: Goals per game with less than 65% possession - 2.65/Goals per game with 65% possession or more - 1.46

The more we have the ball, the less we do with it, it seems.

Just to add more to this:

In the league games under Klopp where we've had 65% possession or more, here is the Win/Draw/Loss breakdown by percentage -

Win% - 41.03%
Loss% - 20.51%
Draw% - 38.46%

Of those draws, 60% of them have been either 0-0 or 1-1, with 33% being totally scoreless.

If we could turn those draws into wins, we're right up there with City. But again, it's not a game-state thing. Overall, we're not able to turn possession dominance into good shots on target. For that, we need more creativity, or a different tactical plan (such as setting our pressing traps deeper into midfield). The all-out pressing assault plus excess possession just doesn't help us in these games.

Incidentally, the breakdown of teams in those drawn games:

Bournemth
Burnley
Everton
Man Utd
Newcastle
Southmptn
Stoke City
Sunderland
West Brom

Have a guess which team cost us 4 draws in these specific types of games? ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: April 30, 2018, 11:41:41 pm »

Ings  ;D ;D

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #7819 on: May 1, 2018, 08:58:40 am »

Who is that chat between Robertson and Hendo? I am not recognising the lad.

Also, great pic :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: May 1, 2018, 11:32:57 am »
You lads don’t think he’d wait until the end of the season before leaving for the Arsenal job?   :o

He would, I don't see any reason why he would need to leave now and not in a months time.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7821 on: May 1, 2018, 01:12:28 pm »
SP locked the Buvac thread for a good reason. The official line is the official line and RAWK sees no reason to deviate from that. So can we please dispense with any idle speculation on a subject NOBODY in here is sufficiently close to that warrants further comment? Ta.

Stick to the tactics - that's what this thread is for.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7822 on: May 1, 2018, 01:26:01 pm »
Given that Lallana is now seemingly back in the fold, I wonder if he a) makes the bench against Roma b) plays more than a bit part for the remainder of the season

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7823 on: May 1, 2018, 01:28:21 pm »
To get this thread back on track - let's assume everyone we saw in training is who we have available tomorrow. That means no TAA, Gomez, Can, Chamberlain, Matip.

Would you throw Clyne in for this game despite him only playing 1,3 competitive games in the last ~12 months? I worry he would be off the pace in such a game as all the minutes we have seen him play were in low intensity games we dominated possession. A large chunk were him playing as a right midfielder possibly just to get minutes into his legs without risking him in the backline.

So if not, how do you solve our right side?

As I see it, we could do something like a 3-4-3.The diamond being Hendo, Robbo, Gini, Milner I guess.

Alternatively, we could push Robertson over to the right and play Moreno on the left. This would also help Moreno negate the fastest player in their side - Under. It means Robertson playing on his weak side and probably takes away his crossing which is his only really developed weapon as a full back. I think Moreno would function better on the right in an attacking sense but think Robertson is more adaptable to the change, defensively.

Any other ideas?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7824 on: May 1, 2018, 01:30:41 pm »
Wait for the presser before injury news but you can’t mess with system.

It’s Clyne or Gomez if TAA out
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7825 on: May 1, 2018, 01:31:21 pm »
Given that Lallana is now seemingly back in the fold, I wonder if he a) makes the bench against Roma b) plays more than a bit part for the remainder of the season
I worry about how off the pace he would be. But I would have him on the bench against Roma is the sports science people deem him fit enough to play 60+ minutes. We have to assume worst case scenario, he would come on and then somehow need to play extra time and penalties - however unlikely that scenario is. Suspect we will try to give him minutes against Chelsea and Brighton - depending on the result tomorrow - to make sure we have another midfielder with some minutes in his legs before a big final.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7826 on: May 1, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »

I don't think Gomez has travelled but we should be fine with Clyne.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7827 on: May 1, 2018, 01:32:33 pm »

Gomez missed training also. Which leaves us just Clyne. And it would be equally dangerous to play Clyne if he isn't physically and mentally sharp as it is to change the system.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #7828 on: May 1, 2018, 01:34:47 pm »
TAA was snapped getting on the plane.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7829 on: May 1, 2018, 01:35:26 pm »

Who the fuck slide tackled him?!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7830 on: May 1, 2018, 01:35:47 pm »

Definitely won't be fit for the Roma match then.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #7831 on: May 1, 2018, 01:35:55 pm »
Someone on the wing. Sorry.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7832 on: May 1, 2018, 01:51:14 pm »
Gomez missed training also. Which leaves us just Clyne. And it would be equally dangerous to play Clyne if he isn't physically and mentally sharp as it is to change the system.

Probably right. Hope Trent is ok.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7833 on: May 1, 2018, 01:52:59 pm »
Definitely won't be fit for the Roma match then.

Why? Let's see what Klopp says at the Press Conference he's had a few days rest after Saturday.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: May 1, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »
Think Trent will be fine.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7835 on: May 1, 2018, 01:54:16 pm »
Why? Let's see what Klopp says at the Press Conference he's had a few days rest after Saturday.

Mate, he's literally been snapped getting on the plane. No chance he recovers from that.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7836 on: May 1, 2018, 01:55:31 pm »

Fuck sake. Why always us  :no :no :no

Bet it was Milner
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7837 on: May 1, 2018, 01:57:06 pm »
Mate, he's literally been snapped getting on the plane. No chance he recovers from that.
I thought it was a typo, he meant sniped. Poor bastard. I knew FPS would ruin our champions league run.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2018, 02:02:55 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7838 on: May 1, 2018, 01:59:28 pm »
I thought it was a typo, he meant snipped. Poor bastard. I knew FPS would ruin our champions league run.

Surely his missus will be a bit disappointed not having kids
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7839 on: May 1, 2018, 01:59:44 pm »
Reliable local source from my neck of the woods in regards to Buvac

Željko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. - Haris Mrkonja, N1[CNN Affiliate in the Balkans]