Author Topic: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)  (Read 932933 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Team Analysis: Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool Tactics (*)
« Reply #7840 on: May 1, 2018, 02:04:25 pm »
Echo also states Trent is fit to play.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #7841 on: May 1, 2018, 02:04:57 pm »
Reliable local source from my neck of the woods in regards to Buvac

ˇeljko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. - Haris Mrkonja, N1[CNN Affiliate in the Balkans]

Cheers for the update mate.

Hopefully this puts end to the pointless speculation and also teaches some a valuable lesson about buying into twitter speculation and needing to fill in the blanks by literally making shit up.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7842 on: May 1, 2018, 02:06:14 pm »
Cheers for the update mate.

Hopefully this puts end to the pointless speculation and also teaches some a valuable lesson about buying into twitter speculation and needing to fill in the blanks by literally making shit up.

Absolutely, I agree. I don't doubt that he will be back in the summer.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7843 on: May 1, 2018, 02:10:44 pm »
Reliable local source from my neck of the woods in regards to Buvac

ˇeljko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. - Haris Mrkonja, N1[CNN Affiliate in the Balkans]

All of the speculation and guessing has been very uncomfortable for me because nobody seems to want to just accept the club wasn't lying, and there are no lines to read between.

The man deserves a bit of privacy without the world calling into question his job while he deals with whatever personal issues he has right now.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7844 on: May 1, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »
If you believe the Daily Fail, he's taking over from Wenger at Arsenal :lmao
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: May 1, 2018, 02:16:51 pm »
All of the speculation and guessing has been very uncomfortable for me because nobody seems to want to just accept the club wasn't lying, and there are no lines to read between.

The man deserves a bit of privacy without the world calling into question his job while he deals with whatever personal issues he has right now.

I agree, mate some parts of supporters have this knack of questioning every single thing the club says or does [rightly or wrongly] but it has no limits or bounds. For instance there were absurd rumours about Clyne when he was injured. There were rumours about Coutinho not being injured [he didn't play for Barca for almost a month after he signed for them], there are rumours now about Can not being injured,etc...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7846 on: May 1, 2018, 02:17:45 pm »

They got it from a Bosnian newspaper that were the first to break the Klopp to Liverpool story - I think the Bosnian paper is just trying to get more international attention again.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7847 on: May 1, 2018, 02:21:13 pm »
Echo also states Trent is fit to play.
Thank fuckity fuck for that, because if he was out I see no good options and they are almost certain to start Perotti up against him this time seeing the impact he had second half. Then again, Di Eusebio did nothing logical with his tactics first time round. Maybe we will see Fazio start on the right wing :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/max-meyer-explains-schalke-exit-12454928

Max Meyer is someone we have been linked with all season. Do wonder if there is anything in it. I like the idea of signing a talented 22 year old on a bosman, but where is the space in the squad to use him? Following the retirement of Alonso and the regression of Weigl this season, he is rated by many as the best deep controller in the Bundesliga this season.

He is far more mobile than Jorginho - which would appeal to Klopp in terms of adapting to the Premier League. However, his actual role in our system would likely be that of an #8 for the same reasons mentioned for Jorginho & Neves before in this thread. Similar to Wolves, Schalke play with a back 3 which makes his role more akin to a #8 in Klopp's system than a #6.

Unless we make the bold move of moving on Lallana or Milner to make space in the squad for him, I cannot see it happening. We are in bigger need of someone to play inside the opposition shape between the lines (like Lallana). We also need some depth in the #6 position with Can going - which Gini and Meyer would likely only provide with 3 behind them in the attacking phase similar to Gini v Everton where Klavan, VVD, Lovren stayed as a back three with Gini in front as an #8. But with TAA, Moreno, Robertson & Clyne as full back options going forward, it looks like the #6 will need to be part of that back 3 in the attacking phase - something I think Meyer and Gini might not be ideal for. Grujic returning from loan is a possible, but I just cannot imagine we start the season with only Henderson having played minutes as a true #6 in Klopp's system in our entire squad. Interesting summer ahead, especially as we are still not being linked with any true #6 targets for our system bar Ndidi.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7848 on: May 1, 2018, 02:23:44 pm »
They got it from a Bosnian newspaper that were the first to break the Klopp to Liverpool story - I think the Bosnian paper is just trying to get more international attention again.

They are, their only claim to fame was when Klopp came here.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #7849 on: May 1, 2018, 02:34:29 pm »
If you lot think for a second that after 17 years alongside Klopp, that Buvac is gonna leave for a direct rival 90 minutes way from a Champions League final you are deluded beyond belief. Theres obviously some family issues that he needs to take care of that are far bigger than football. Buvac is a Klopp loyalist, and nothing from the players seem to signal at a problem. Let win it for BUVAC!
Seen us win everything

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7850 on: May 1, 2018, 02:54:13 pm »
If you lot think for a second that after 17 years alongside Klopp, that Buvac is gonna leave for a direct rival 90 minutes way from a Champions League final you are deluded beyond belief. Theres obviously some family issues that he needs to take care of that are far bigger than football. Buvac is a Klopp loyalist, and nothing from the players seem to signal at a problem. Let win it for BUVAC!

Agreed, one of the worst aspects of modern football is the constant speculation and second-guessing by armchair "experts".
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7851 on: May 1, 2018, 02:59:39 pm »
Thank fuckity fuck for that, because if he was out I see no good options and they are almost certain to start Perotti up against him this time seeing the impact he had second half. Then again, Di Eusebio did nothing logical with his tactics first time round. Maybe we will see Fazio start on the right wing :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/max-meyer-explains-schalke-exit-12454928

Max Meyer is someone we have been linked with all season. Do wonder if there is anything in it. I like the idea of signing a talented 22 year old on a bosman, but where is the space in the squad to use him? Following the retirement of Alonso and the regression of Weigl this season, he is rated by many as the best deep controller in the Bundesliga this season.

He is far more mobile than Jorginho - which would appeal to Klopp in terms of adapting to the Premier League. However, his actual role in our system would likely be that of an #8 for the same reasons mentioned for Jorginho & Neves before in this thread. Similar to Wolves, Schalke play with a back 3 which makes his role more akin to a #8 in Klopp's system than a #6.

Unless we make the bold move of moving on Lallana or Milner to make space in the squad for him, I cannot see it happening. We are in bigger need of someone to play inside the opposition shape between the lines (like Lallana). We also need some depth in the #6 position with Can going - which Gini and Meyer would likely only provide with 3 behind them in the attacking phase similar to Gini v Everton where Klavan, VVD, Lovren stayed as a back three with Gini in front as an #8. But with TAA, Moreno, Robertson & Clyne as full back options going forward, it looks like the #6 will need to be part of that back 3 in the attacking phase - something I think Meyer and Gini might not be ideal for. Grujic returning from loan is a possible, but I just cannot imagine we start the season with only Henderson having played minutes as a true #6 in Klopp's system in our entire squad. Interesting summer ahead, especially as we are still not being linked with any true #6 targets for our system bar Ndidi.

Perrotti out injured apparently. They may try to put El Sharaway on TAA, but he's a lot easier to read from a defensive point of view.

Meyer is an interesting one. The crux for me is - would we be interested in him if he wasn't free - because that is what will determine whether he actually makes the teamsheet from week to week. Wasn't there a radar comparison for him and Hendo in this thread a while back? Here's one from December:

https://twitter.com/fussballradars/status/944280314502877184

can't seem to post the image  :(

I disagreed with you about the role Jorginho would play if he came, but concur with Meyer - would definitely be more likely to play as #8 from what I can see.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2018, 03:02:12 pm by Goalposts for Jumpers »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7852 on: May 1, 2018, 03:21:29 pm »
as with a lot of the MFs we are linked with meyer has played all through MF from the 10 via 8 to 6.

can't see us getting them all but feel maddison makes an excellent lallana replacement.

that leaves another MF slot so who is better suited to that?  neves or meyer?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #7853 on: May 1, 2018, 03:21:36 pm »

I could see Klopp doing this if we win the Champion's League. Milner is a great player, but he'll have achieved just about every thing he can as a player by winning the CL, and he's not getting any younger. Meyer is a utility midfielder from what I've seen, and could be an almost like-for-like, long-term replacement for Milner. A high-quality bosman replacing a high-quality bosman could be good business for us.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7854 on: May 1, 2018, 03:28:12 pm »
I could see Klopp doing this if we win the Champion's League. Milner is a great player, but he'll have achieved just about every thing he can as a player by winning the CL, and he's not getting any younger. Meyer is a utility midfielder from what I've seen, and could be an almost like-for-like, long-term replacement for Milner. A high-quality bosman replacing a high-quality bosman could be good business for us.

Thing is... I'm not sure Meyer is actually ...um..... good .... like I'm not sure he's mid table PL
Plus he's a largely defensive midfielder replacing Milner whose a more offensive midfielder. Meyer's on the ball numbers are gross
so mainly that he's not good enough that would be the thing .......

It's tough to buy for our midfield and clearly upgrade what we have

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7855 on: May 1, 2018, 03:34:40 pm »
as with a lot of the MFs we are linked with meyer has played all through MF from the 10 via 8 to 6.

can't see us getting them all but feel maddison makes an excellent lallana replacement.

that leaves another MF slot so who is better suited to that?  neves or meyer?

We should just go full championship.

Sessegnon, Maddison and Neves and then a quality wide attacker and be done with it. Could even  send Sessegnon back to Fulham for a year as well if Moreno stays. Would be made up with that summer. CB have a look in January, if Lovren and Matip don't make that position their own.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #7856 on: May 1, 2018, 03:38:17 pm »

Yeah, Arsenal would totally give the job to an assistant manager who's never coached in one of the top two divisions in any country, sure  ;D Credible newspaper (not).

I think it's pretty clear Enrique is going there sooner or later, there's no rush for them to announce it.

Anyway, I'm sure Klopp and Krawietz can make due with the match coaching themselves rest of the season.
Linudden.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #7857 on: May 1, 2018, 03:40:53 pm »
Thing is... I'm not sure Meyer is actually ...um..... good .... like I'm not sure he's mid table PL
Plus he's a largely defensive midfielder replacing Milner whose a more offensive midfielder. Meyer's on the ball numbers are gross

That's fair enough, Jack. Thing is, I'm not sure Milner is more than a mid-table midfielder, either, at least in terms of ability. He's smart, durable, and can play several positions competently, but he not in the top tier of PL midfielders. Meyer would have some time to grow under Klopp. He might be a good bosman, but I agree he isn't an upgrade. 

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7858 on: May 1, 2018, 03:46:40 pm »
That's fair enough, Jack. Thing is, I'm not sure Milner is more than a mid-table midfielder, either, at least in terms of ability. He's smart, durable, and can play several positions competently, but he not in the top tier of PL midfielders. Meyer would have some time to grow under Klopp. He might be a good bosman, but I agree he isn't an upgrade. 

Milner is a unique footballer to be honest - and we're set up perfectly for him (even though he's playing amazingly I still think he'd be a disaster in a CM 2) - he's actually producing close to elite numbers in the second half of this season - its quite something to see.

I've posted on this before but I genuinely think getting midfielders that are an actual upgrade this summer (apart from Keita) is going to be very hard. This is partly because we - including me - under rate our own players in midfield a bit (probably due to the style we play - not a lot of sexy passing / ball retention going on) but also because the system is so specific. People are talking about players like Doucoure, Meyer and others but they're not going to be better than who we have in our current set up which is the challenge.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7859 on: May 1, 2018, 03:48:08 pm »

Agree with this. He feels like an Arsenal at best signing.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7860 on: May 1, 2018, 04:05:59 pm »
Agree with this. He feels like an Arsenal at best signing.

Aka this years Kolasinac- people want him solely because he is available on a free

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7861 on: May 1, 2018, 04:07:41 pm »
Max Meyer was one of these young players that burst onto the scene at age 17 and looked like a phenom. But he's not really pushed on. He's played a shit ton of football already, but hasn't really taken it to a level where you'd say he now looks something special.  He's not someone you'd look at to improve a first 11 at a top 6 club here, his usefulness is his versitility. But I dont' see why LFC would be interested.

As an aside, he's also just been suspended by Schalke for slagging off the teams president and bascially calling him a liar and for calling Kloppo's big mate Christian Heidl a bully  :D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7862 on: May 1, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »
Max Meyer was one of these young players that burst onto the scene at age 17 and looked like a phenom. But he's not really pushed on. He's played a shit ton of football already, but hasn't really taken it to a level where you'd say he now looks something special.  He's not someone you'd look at to improve a first 11 at a top 6 club here, his usefulness is his versitility. But I dont' see why LFC would be interested.

As an aside, he's also just been suspended by Schalke for slagging off the teams president and bascially calling him a liar and for calling Kloppo's big mate Christian Heidl a bully  :D

Seen links of Max Meyer to Hoffenheim. That's more the kind of club he belongs at.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7863 on: May 1, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »
Seen links of Max Meyer to Hoffenheim. That's more the kind of club he belongs at.

be a good signing for them actually, add much needed depth for them in europe next season! 

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #7864 on: May 1, 2018, 04:37:07 pm »

his last two clubs are liverpool and man city so i don't think there's any other way of describing milner as an excellent MF.

he may not be a flair player but the numbers don't lie and we're very lucky to have him.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #7865 on: May 1, 2018, 04:47:43 pm »

Very much agree with this and others here on his level. His persistent link very much confuses me. I have seen it indicated we are favourites to get him which I can only assume (hope) is his agent and associated people with him using our name and recent successes in the transfer market to create a false demand at a higher level than he is likely worth based on recent performances.

But even aside from a quality (or data) point of view, tactically I just don't see where he fits. I see Can, Gini & Milner as the three midfielders who are in there to make the side function. To link back and front together. Can's poor tactical level sees him do a pair job of this as he seems to want to be more involved than the role requires of him. It's a support role really where you need to be positioned where the team shape needs you rather than in relation to the ball and trying to get on it as much as possible to influence things - which is where Can struggles. Milner does the job well, but his problem is simply age plus his tendency to move out of midfield to get on the ball which can cause problems when play breaks down. Gini does the task best but lacks the aggression to leave more of an impact on the game. He pretty much has no ego at all it seems. Ideally we probably want Gini's brain with a bit more of Can's ego and self belief and some of Milner's aggression and determination never to let a game pass him by. Who is that?

It seems the two spaces in the squad for another midfielder would be someone who can cover #6 and someone who can play between the lines from both midfield & forward - the Lemar or similar replacement. Meyer is neither of these things. So why would we be interested, if the links are true? I've no idea. Unless we are moving on Milner and see a lot of untapped potential with him like Chamberlain. Unlike Chamberlain though, I don't really see it here.

There are signs there could be a player in there and just needs the right coach or system to get the best out of him. Just not sure we would be interested in such a project at this stage of our squad evolution. We have got to the point we are adding genuine quality like Salah, Keita and VVD on each line as we edge nearer a title challenging team. Meyer would be more of a Klopp's first season squad addition to replace someone who doesn't function with someone who does - as he did with Zidan at Dortmund.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #7866 on: May 1, 2018, 04:59:28 pm »

Max Meyer's been on the radar for longer than last Summer mate. We've been linked to him when Brendan was here, heavily linked with him two Summer's ago(more than last Summer) and again last Summer.
He's one the club certainly believes in so I hope we get him someday. I dunno if the Can situation intensifies our interest in him. He's a bit of an odd one since he's both an attacking and a defensive mid, but I've only seen him play 3 times and as an attacker.
Like with Suarez, Salah, Mane, VVD- all LONG term interests - some for almost a decade- this can pay off.

In any case- not a transfer thread so I'll leave it here.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2018, 05:07:49 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7867 on: May 1, 2018, 05:09:43 pm »
Very much agree with this and others here on his level. His persistent link very much confuses me. I have seen it indicated we are favourites to get him which I can only assume (hope) is his agent and associated people with him using our name and recent successes in the transfer market to create a false demand at a higher level than he is likely worth based on recent performances.

But even aside from a quality (or data) point of view, tactically I just don't see where he fits. I see Can, Gini & Milner as the three midfielders who are in there to make the side function. To link back and front together. Can's poor tactical level sees him do a pair job of this as he seems to want to be more involved than the role requires of him. It's a support role really where you need to be positioned where the team shape needs you rather than in relation to the ball and trying to get on it as much as possible to influence things - which is where Can struggles. Milner does the job well, but his problem is simply age plus his tendency to move out of midfield to get on the ball which can cause problems when play breaks down. Gini does the task best but lacks the aggression to leave more of an impact on the game. He pretty much has no ego at all it seems. Ideally we probably want Gini's brain with a bit more of Can's ego and self belief and some of Milner's aggression and determination never to let a game pass him by. Who is that?

It seems the two spaces in the squad for another midfielder would be someone who can cover #6 and someone who can play between the lines from both midfield & forward - the Lemar or similar replacement. Meyer is neither of these things. So why would we be interested, if the links are true? I've no idea. Unless we are moving on Milner and see a lot of untapped potential with him like Chamberlain. Unlike Chamberlain though, I don't really see it here.

There are signs there could be a player in there and just needs the right coach or system to get the best out of him. Just not sure we would be interested in such a project at this stage of our squad evolution. We have got to the point we are adding genuine quality like Salah, Keita and VVD on each line as we edge nearer a title challenging team. Meyer would be more of a Klopp's first season squad addition to replace someone who doesn't function with someone who does - as he did with Zidan at Dortmund.

He's originally a forward isn't he? Perhaps we're looking at him as a back up option to Firmino. On a free it could make sense.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: May 1, 2018, 05:22:25 pm »
He's originally a forward isn't he? Perhaps we're looking at him as a back up option to Firmino. On a free it could make sense.

he's played the bulk of his career so far as an attacking midfielder, only a few games as a forward.  Then this season some as a defensive midfielder.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #7869 on: May 1, 2018, 05:51:57 pm »
he's played the bulk of his career so far as an attacking midfielder, only a few games as a forward.  Then this season some as a defensive midfielder.
What position did Firmino play in Hoffenheim when he became the breakthrough player of the year?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskįs before the game against England in 1953

Offline Xabier Alonso Olano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7870 on: May 1, 2018, 06:25:23 pm »

You've just described Emre Can.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7871 on: May 1, 2018, 07:11:30 pm »
You've just described Emre Can.

Come on now.

Klopp has turned Emre into a really good player.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #7872 on: May 1, 2018, 07:15:14 pm »
Come on now.

Que?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7873 on: May 1, 2018, 07:18:41 pm »
Emre Can the second coming of Matthaus? Effenburg?  ??? I mean the way some of you go on about losing him you would think he's THAT good.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7874 on: May 1, 2018, 07:19:01 pm »
Que?

Oh is it time we all pretend he's not good because he's off?

I'll wait till it's confirmed he won't play for us again first.

Is he world class? Hell no. But he's a good player who Klopp improved.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7875 on: May 1, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
Oh is it time we all pretend he's not good because he's off?

I'll wait till it's confirmed he won't play for us again first.

Is he world class? Hell no. But he's a good player who Klopp improved.

yep, basically that, well, you could also say 'good but somewhat infuriating' player  ;D  I still really like Emre, wish he was fit right now, goodness knows it'd be handy as heck to have him!

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7876 on: May 1, 2018, 07:24:32 pm »
Emre Can the second coming of Matthaus? Effenburg?  ??? I mean the way some of you go on about losing him you would think he's THAT good.
For me it's not about the emre can of now, but what he can become.

Only just turned 24 (In January) , clearly talented as fuck, and at times he can dominate a game physically and looks like a beast at times. He just needs the consistency in him, which often comes with age and experience and although he hasn't progressed in this season, i can understand why considering his mind will surely (subconsciously at least) be effected with this off the field stuff.

For me it's a really shame, but at the same time the emre can of now can be replaced pretty easily.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7877 on: May 1, 2018, 07:25:02 pm »
I sometimes forget Can is still a Liverpool player until I see him mentioned on here. Feels like he hasn't played for us for years.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7878 on: May 1, 2018, 07:25:40 pm »
If Emre Can was fit he'd 100% be starting tomorrow.

So he can't be as bad as some making out.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7879 on: May 1, 2018, 07:26:11 pm »
Come on now.

An inconsistent player. He's exactly the same he was when he joined here. Klopp isn't a miracle worker, but Can has no consistency.