Author Topic: Lazar Markovic  (Read 146598 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Lazar Markovic
« Reply #320 on: February 12, 2017, 10:23:25 am »
Can't believe how anybody is thinking about keeping him There's a reason he's at Hull, he's mediocre. We need far better.

Perhaps he is just a mediocre player. Perhaps it's just a confidence issue and there is a really good player in there. He's only 22. Perhaps if he continues to play well and grow in confidence at Hull his career at Liverpool might not be over just yet. We'll see.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2017, 10:26:00 am »
Could have done with his pace with Mane out. Would have allowed us to keep the same system at least.

Probably not going to turn out to be good enough for us, but I really wanted him to be cos I think he's gorgeous ;D
Not sure he's intelligent enough to use his pace against packed defences though. He's looking good for Hull because he has acres of space to run into, especially against a team like Arsenal, but in the games he played for us he was poor without that space.

His best games were as a wing back when you have a lot more space ahead of you. When you look at Mane's output from out wide I don't think Markovic would have been a suitable replacement.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2017, 10:31:45 am »
That's a terrible reason, so if he returned from his loan spell in Portugal and was kept at the mighty reds, all of a sudden he's a world beater?

He's gone on loan there to get some premier league experience and he seems to be in the managers plans. I think he could still have a role to play for us, needs to polish up his final ball.

Role to play for us my arse. Putting up up with mediocrity is the reason why we're in the situation we are in. We need to upgrade the starting XI. No way Klopp will be looking at players of his calibre to do that. Hull City is his level.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2017, 10:33:08 am »
Can't believe how anybody is thinking about keeping him There's a reason he's at Hull, he's mediocre. We need far better.

I'm thinking about him playing himself into contention. How do you conclude this can be anything but good?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2017, 10:35:53 am »
I'm thinking about him playing himself into contention. How do you conclude this can be anything but good?

I meant that he doesn't possess the talent or the attitude to play himself into contention for the team we are looking to build though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2017, 10:41:57 am »
I meant that he doesn't possess the talent or the attitude to play himself into contention for the team we are looking to build though.

We'll see, won't we.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2017, 10:47:41 am »
I feel a large part of the issue with Markovic is that he has been played out of position, ever since we bought him.

He made his name playing central.  That's why we bought him as he was looking the part playing that role.

How many times has he been played central since then?  Very few, if at all.  We've seen him always played wide and I don't think he looks comfortable in that position.

He might not be good enough.  But it would be nice to see him in his best position and then we can judge him properly.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2017, 11:27:59 am »
Yesterday was the best he's looked since his Benfica days. I think there's a big confidence and motivational issue that, if it can be addressed (which looks it might just be happening), then he can become a very effective player at a high level, maybe not for us but who knows.

I suppose if you were him there's now more of a carrot to playing in the same league as the parent club, maybe it ads sense of worth to his position going forward; whereas before maybe he felt we were just looking to window dress him for foreign clubs, now at least we've given him the chance to adjust to the league he was signed to play in showcase his talents.

Look, I hope he keeps it up because if not saving us money it'll get him a move/opportunity to play at a high level than he was looking like playing at prior to January.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2017, 11:57:12 am »
We'll see, won't we.

Haven't we already?

He won't be here next season.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2017, 12:20:13 pm »
Has the mentality of a Stewart Downing for me. Comfortable with space in front  for him to run with an easy decision to make on crossing and without the pressure of playing for a big club where expectations are always high.

He may become a decent player but wont mature until later in his career.

His ship has sailed.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2017, 12:59:01 pm »
I think Markovic is one of the reasons we don't go and bid £20m+ for a Pulisic and Mbappe. I think it's scared the shit out of FSG to take gamble's like that.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2017, 01:01:48 pm »
I think Markovic is one of the reasons we don't go and bid £20m+ for a Pulisic and Mbappe. I think it's scared the shit out of FSG to take gamble's like that.

Do we have to read your issessant guesswork in every single fucking thread?

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »

I think it's more to do with Pulisic already playing for a top club in a top league with no obvious incentive to bin that all off and club with no real incentive to sell him.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:55 pm »
Good luck to him at Hull, hope he does well so we can get back some of the £20m we wasted on him. Won't be here next season, would've thought that was pretty obvious.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2017, 01:07:45 pm »
Good squad back up for Mane?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2017, 01:10:09 pm »

Any need for that?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2017, 01:14:16 pm »
Any need for that?

Given he posts the exact same stuff in every single thread, and given it's rather tiresome, then I think it's a fair question.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »

I think that's a load of rubbish myself.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »
Not seen him play for ages, but doesn't he possess the necessary skills to be an effective player in a Klopp team?

If I'm wrong, what is it that he lacks?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 12, 2017, 02:05:31 pm »
Not seen him play for ages, but doesn't he possess the necessary skills to be an effective player in a Klopp team?

ability to track back and win the ball perhaps
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2017, 02:06:05 pm »

Can be a bit of a headless chicken sometimes, his decision making in the final 3rd is sometimes way off point and his end product can be severely lacking. Although having said that he played very well yesterday , many times skinning his man and leaving him for dead. I think if Klopp took him under his wing he could become a really good player.

I'm not sure on his pressing back either as I've not seen him in that required role.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2017, 02:13:50 pm »

Just put me on your ignore list mate I could do without your humdrum replies. Talking about guesswork all the time. It's a fucking forum for opinions. It's not all about stating fucking facts

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:22 pm »
Just put me on your ignore list mate I could do without your humdrum replies.

I still see everyone else's reply to you, in every sodding thread, about the same sodding thing.

We get your views, but can you not just keep it to the relevant threads rather than finding a way to link every thread subject back to the same one view you've got so you can repeat it yet again?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2017, 02:17:54 pm »

I give up Craig. I can't guess the word too many ssss's for me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2017, 02:19:35 pm »
;D

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #345 on: February 12, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »

Can be a bit of a headless chicken sometimes, his decision making in the final 3rd is sometimes way off point and his end product can be severely lacking. Although having said that he played very well yesterday , many times skinning his man and leaving him for dead. I think if Klopp took him under his wing he could become a really good player.

I'm not sure on his pressing back either as I've not seen him in that required role.

Thanks for replying both of you. If those are his weaknesses, then as you say Chakan, I'm sure it can be coached into him. Hopefully he does well the rest of the season and he's given a proper look in the preseason.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2017, 02:22:31 pm »

Stupid iPhone!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2017, 02:23:16 pm »
Thanks for replying both of you. If those are his weaknesses, then as you say Chakan, I'm sure it can be coached into him. Hopefully he does well the rest of the season and he's given a proper look in the preseason.

No worries, also he's a confidence player, someone who needs to believe in himself and if that faulters he usually has a terrible game. Always thought he could be a decent player though, from the flashes of good play he's shown sometimes. I definitely think Klopp would be able to work with him. If Mane gets injured or something I wouldn't mind him as a backup. If we could get someone to rival Mane that would be ideal though.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2017, 02:26:36 pm »
Hope he plays really well so we recoup some of his fee in the summer.

Offline northern Monkey

• Kopite
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2017, 02:32:26 pm »
There's a good player there.

We need better than good and I do think think he has the decision making to be that for us.  I'm happy he seems to be rediscovering some form. Both for him and for us.  Best thing all round is he gets a decent club come in for him in the summer and we get a decent fee for him.

Always sad seeing a young career stall through a bad move.  My opinion is that's what we have seen with Markovich at Liverpool.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2017, 02:40:20 pm »
Not from what I saw yesterday, he seemed to do it very well. I actually think we signed Markovic a summer too late. He'd have been immense in the Sterling role in the counter-attacking 2013-14 team, but instead he came into a team with Balotelli or Lambert as the lone striker and was then buried at wing back.

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Markovic but I don't see him succeeding in a team playing 4-3-3 where the opposition sit back, and certainly not in Mane's position. He doesn't have the end product, though that could potentially come in two or three years. If anything, he would be a Lallana replacement - a quick, tricky, creative outlet in midfield. It's largely irrelevant because I don't think he'll play for us again, but I'd have loved to see how he would have done with Klopp's arm around his shoulder.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »
Given he posts the exact same stuff in every single thread, and given it's rather tiresome, then I think it's a fair question.

Fair enough, stop it clinical  :)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2017, 03:31:00 pm »
Not from what I saw yesterday, he seemed to do it very well. I actually think we signed Markovic a summer too late. He'd have been immense in the Sterling role in the counter-attacking 2013-14 team, but instead he came into a team with Balotelli or Lambert as the lone striker and was then buried at wing back.

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of Markovic but I don't see him succeeding in a team playing 4-3-3 where the opposition sit back, and certainly not in Mane's position. He doesn't have the end product, though that could potentially come in two or three years. If anything, he would be a Lallana replacement - a quick, tricky, creative outlet in midfield. It's largely irrelevant because I don't think he'll play for us again, but I'd have loved to see how he would have done with Klopp's arm around his shoulder.

Its hard to say but it was a gamble investment on hindsight and the Markovic we anticipated didn't quite materialise. He had one or 2 good games for us and then disappear for the others. PL is a ruthless league and if you don't take your chance it is never going to keep giving until you are ready. The club have given him enough chances like we have given Balotelli. But there comes a point when it is better to cut losses, unless you are Chelsea and could afford to keep giving out contracts and send them on loan until they come good a la Victor Moses.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2017, 03:59:31 pm »

If he does well at Hull I think a mid or lower table club may pay 15 mil or so like Ibe got us.

He's a decent player in the right set=up but not for how we play.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2017, 04:25:39 pm »

I'm not sure that is the case. I remember him putting in a lot of dirty work under Rodgers, especially when he played wing back.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »
He's a decent player but don't think he will be with us next season he isn't good enough for first team obviously and markovic to me is a confidence player who needs to be playing week in week out to show his best so wouldn't really do well as a squad player

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2017, 09:45:33 pm »
Good showing against Arsenal. I don't think he has the dribbling or goal scoring skill to make it here as a winger, but I think he could be decent back-up to Gini. They have similar skill sets. We'll see what Klopp has in store for him, but I will be surprised if Klopp sells him on the cheap. Only 22 and he seems to be maturing. Has a good skill set for the PL if he can sort out his timidness.   
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:47:39 pm by wemmick »

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2017, 10:47:54 pm »
I'm pleased he's had two and half decent games for Hull (where the expectations go about as far as "lets maybe not get relegated") but he's nowhere near the quality required for this football club, not even as a squad player. I'm not even convinced he's any better than the likes of Ojo or Wilson talent-wise. He's decent at running with the ball at pace into wide open spaces but that's basically useless for us given the way teams play against us. Other than than that, he doesn't really have any standout attributes.

Nice bloke, but he's found his level. If Klopp wanted to have a look at him or give him a chance, he'd have been here in January (when our games were piling up and we desperately wanted a winger) instead of being farmed out to Hull. I'd be staggered if he wasn't sold this summer.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #358 on: February 13, 2017, 01:02:58 am »
You know players do bounce back, who'd have put money on Victor Moses being a regular in the current Chelsea team.

Having said that the only spark I saw from him in a Liverpool shirt was in that European game when he got sent off for having too much spark. We want him to be a world beater and justify the £20m but I'd say he's a 20-1 bet that he will. Nice to keep an eye on him in the PL though, at the very least may command a fee if he does OK. Tell him not to make Niasse look to good though, don't need his fee bumping up (on top of him now being a blue nose hero)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2017, 06:03:20 am »
looks like he is kind of having a mini revival of his career of sorts at hull.

A good player but just seem to play on confidence.

just hope he performs well enough to give klopp some second thoughts. Even if he is not klopp's plan, maybe we could recoup some of the money we cashed on him.