Author Topic: Lazar Markovic  (Read 146681 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lazar Markovic
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2016, 06:58:55 pm »
So now he's "mentally fragile" apparently. Fucks sake there's some wankers in here these days.

Hey man.
If you're not blessed with this incredible mix of clairvoyance and broken logic - stop putting down those who are.
It's a gift - it's not easy living with it - carrying the burden of knowledge and deep insight all the time.
Instead of helping these people you're calling them wankers.

Shame on you.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2016, 06:59:27 pm »
If there were the games to satisfy him then yes but if Jürgen doesn't feel he can offer him that then it's best he can reignite his career elsewhere. Given the lack of European football I feel (and it looks this way to me) that Klopp wants a really close knit squad supplemented then by a few from the set up (Brannagan,Ojo,Stewart).

When we're looking to get the team back to being competitive on all fronts I don't think there's any desire there for complicating that task further by having to nurse mentally fragile players through the season. Maybe it's harsh but it's easier to just sell them off and say 'it's someone else's problem' and then just focus on a core of about 17 you know arent damaged goods from a previous regime.

Mentally fragile? People would make up anything in order to push their agenda.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2016, 07:07:47 pm »
So now he's "mentally fragile" apparently. Fucks sake there's some wankers in here these days.

And there's still drama queens on here as well it seems. At least that's never changed. ::)

Mentally fragile? People would make up anything in order to push their agenda.

Push their agenda? move your eyes up to my previous post you replied to if thats not too difficult for you and you'll find I actually rate him.

Maybe mentally fragile is the wrong word but he's been lacking confidence otherwise he wouldnt be in the position he's currently in.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2016, 07:23:17 pm »
I would sell him if it means we can keep Allen. Lazar is a lost cause, we have sold Ibe who was much better than him

Its easy to sa that fellla.

I'd sell me scrotom to keep joe, but it looks big man e big man like the big man doesn't want him,
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2016, 07:58:45 pm »
Mentally fragile. Weak. Not strong enough, doesn't have the desire.

Fucking hell, our 'support' is fantastic.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2016, 08:21:13 pm »
And there's still drama queens on here as well it seems. At least that's never changed. ::)

Push their agenda? move your eyes up to my previous post you replied to if thats not too difficult for you and you'll find I actually rate him.

Maybe mentally fragile is the wrong word but he's been lacking confidence otherwise he wouldnt be in the position he's currently in.

Why aren't you using your psychic powers for good?
Oh, right, because you don't have any, you are just a sad little fantasist.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2016, 08:35:26 pm »
I havent noticed anything which will make him a success at Anfield as of yet. Has pace but that's about it for me.

Offline abetts

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2016, 08:43:25 pm »
I just watched some pre-Liverpool videos of him to refresh my memory about why I was very excited about his signing.  From those videos I think it is clear that he'd best suit a central attacking midfield role.  His strength appears to be fast vertical runs evading tackles (rather than tricking his way past them) before releasing a team mate in space.  When he's on the wing it seems he can't find the space to run vertically but, at the same time, he can't stop his natural inclination to carry the ball, so he ends up running across the field.  It totally negates his best qualities.  I think he'd best suit a bit part role, primarily to implement fast counter attacks against teams we're leading in the last 30 mins or so.  Then hopefully, with some astute coaching and the right attitude, he can adjust his game so he's more effective against low-block teams.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2016, 08:48:33 pm »

Great bit of business they say £15 M for Ibe. Well I would say Ibe is twice the player Lazar is and how much was Lazar £20 M and that was before TV inflation money.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2016, 08:59:58 pm »
With no CL football, I think Firmino, Mane, Lallana, Coutinho and Origi provide sufficient quality and cover across for the wide attacker role.  Mane is a new signing, and the rest all had pretty good performances last season and will continue to improve this season. There's also Ojo and Kent who will probably get opportunities. If a good offer comes then I think Markovic will be off. Good player, but we don't actually need that many attacking midfielders, and I don't think he has anything in his locker that we haven't already got covered.

Offline PorterMestle

• Boys Pen
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »
Hey man.
If you're not blessed with this incredible mix of clairvoyance and broken logic - stop putting down those who are.
It's a gift - it's not easy living with it - carrying the burden of knowledge and deep insight all the time.
Instead of helping these people you're calling them wankers.

Shame on you.

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2016, 11:12:00 pm »

You do realize that Coutinho was in the same position at Inter when we got him?

Offline il_principino

• Main Stander
  • You will never walk alone!
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2016, 08:15:19 am »
I havent noticed anything which will make him a success at Anfield as of yet. Has pace but that's about it for me.

yeah like I cant figure out what is it that he has to fit in the squad. just pace? I cant see him as a winger, maybe a backup AM at best, but still cant say for sure, what he might bring to that position. Perplexing one.
---Aesthetic is everything------

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2016, 08:19:14 am »
Always looks like his confidence is shot

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2016, 08:43:03 am »
That's the thing, I know we've had just 2 pre season games, but if now, when he has just come back to the squad, with the chance of impressing the new manager, cannot muster the confidence or desire, then when is he ever going to?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:41 am »
Because of our slow transitions (so far) from defence to midfield to attack particularly without Sakho's hard forward passing we quite often play against organized packed defences in the final third and Marko seems to not suit that very much with his unwillingness to run at players vertically or to take them on one on one,Mane looks like he does that all the time in contrast.

He has good skills on the ball and a good touch to it though so he shoud be good carrying it at speed coming deep to get it straight from the defence,we just haven't seen that from him much so far. Needs to really work on his strenght and finishing too imo.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:51:54 am by Tobelius »

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2016, 09:31:36 am »
His body language is so down and you can tell his confidence is gone but if there is a manager that can make you feel good then it's klopp.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2016, 09:42:01 am »
That's the thing, I know we've had just 2 pre season games, but if now, when he has just come back to the squad, with the chance of impressing the new manager, cannot muster the confidence or desire, then when is he ever going to?

Exactly.

Lets at least give him a bit of time properly reintegrating with the rest of the squad, and a good chunk of pre-season. It might take half a season to get some sort of confidence back, but unless we get a good offer there's really no point loaning him out again.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2016, 09:57:14 am »
Why aren't you using your psychic powers for good?
Oh, right, because you don't have any, you are just a sad little fantasist.

Fantasist implies that someone is making something up.

I mean to be quite honest here there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying that having been hooked at half time when he maybe shouldn't have,dropped and then farmed out to the footballing wasteland that is Turkey of course He's not going to have the same level of confidence as he did at the end of 13/14 with Benfica - where he was ridiculously good.

If you're too precious an individual to engage with anything other than vanilla opinions then I'm sorry, but there's nothing wrong with saying a player you rate extrememly highly may just need a season of regular football under the guy who got the best out of him to restart his career.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2016, 10:22:43 am »
The contrast in opinion between the two Serbian lads is amazing to see. Some people are talking about Grujic starting for us after 45 minutes against Fleetwood and writing Lazar off after 2 friendlies. I for one hope we keep all of our players and develop them. I firmly believe anyone who works under Klopp can improve massively, just look at the players he turned into world beaters at Dortmund and how much he improved us when he arrived. If he was to leave, Sporting would be the only sensible transfer for him right now... and I'd really love to finally see a Serbian player come good for Liverpool ;D Especially after Jovanovic!
Justice for the 97

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2016, 10:25:01 am »
Fantasist implies that someone is making something up.

I mean to be quite honest here there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying that having been hooked at half time when he maybe shouldn't have,dropped and then farmed out to the footballing wasteland that is Turkey of course He's not going to have the same level of confidence as he did at the end of 13/14 with Benfica - where he was ridiculously good.

If you're too precious an individual to engage with anything other than vanilla opinions then I'm sorry, but there's nothing wrong with saying a player you rate extrememly highly may just need a season of regular football under the guy who got the best out of him to restart his career.
Surely, having to deal with mental "fragility"(extreme choice of words that triggered the reaction) is part of developing young players, isn't it?
What's the difference between developing the likes of Brannagan, Stewart etc and Lazar? They all need mental reinforcement, but one is already more advanced in his development than the others?

Now we're advocating sending the more advanced player away, whom we bought in the first place- knowing full-well that he lacks in certain areas and consequently being fully prepared to develop him, so we can deal with the "child"?
Can you see?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:39:57 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2016, 10:44:53 am »
His body language is so down and you can tell his confidence is gone but if there is a manager that can make you feel good then it's klopp.
Exactly. Let's see what Klopp can get out of him before we write him off....in the middle of July! It's like the Christmas adverts, the Rawk write off, gets earlier each year.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2016, 10:48:24 am »
People advocating for Markovic to be sold should remember that Leicester almost sold Mahrez for under £10 million last summer. A proper manager can do wonders for technical flair players.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2016, 11:00:05 am »
Markovic with confidence can be the player we need to win the league. Anyway, think Klopp knows who he can and want to work with. Looking forward to see what will happen to Lazar.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2016, 11:00:51 am »

After more coaching from a coach renowned for his ability to get the best out of players when others couldn't?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2016, 11:12:16 am »
After more coaching from a coach renowned for his ability to get the best out of players when others couldn't?

Let's hope so, though Lazar also needs to show he's willing and able to take it on board.  We have no idea what he's like in training and the fact that he's apparantley 'available' to be bought isn't a good sign.  But like others have said, it's still early, time will tell.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2016, 11:48:40 am »
we should keep him for at least one season to give him a chance...if Ibe got it and other youngsters, Flanagan...he should have it to.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2016, 12:00:55 pm »
Markovic with confidence can be the player we need to win the league.
eh?

We don't even know if he'll be good enough if he has confidence, and besides, we've got a pacey wide player who seems he'll do a better job than markovic in Mane.

Not that i'm saying markovic doesn't have a place ... he needs to be given this season and he needs to take his opportunities when he gets them. If he fails to impress then he wont be here next season.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2016, 12:27:52 pm »
People advocating for Markovic to be sold should remember that Leicester almost sold Mahrez for under £10 million last summer. A proper manager can do wonders for technical flair players.

Markovic isnt good enough in my opinion. We should sell if we get a decent offer. Rather Ojo got the chances.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »
Surely, having to deal with mental "fragility"(extreme choice of words that triggered the reaction) is part of developing young players, isn't it?
What's the difference between developing the likes of Brannagan, Stewart etc and Lazar? They all need mental reinforcement, but one is already more advanced in his development than the others?

Now we're advocating sending the more advanced player away, whom we bought in the first place- knowing full-well that he lacks in certain areas and consequently being fully prepared to develop him, so we can deal with the "child"?
Can you see?

I think that's why though. Lazar is the most developed of them, the oldest as well. I think to find confidence he not only needs the right guy (I think Jurgen is the right person to get it back fwiw) but also the games to re-establish that inner belief which he had prior to joining; remembering saying pre-city away he felt he could be the best player in the league. Judging by whats been suggested by Melissa Reddy was it? Klopp, whilst rating him, doesn't feel he can give him the games he needs to get back to his best - which is basically what I'm musing about.

Personally, I'd keep him around but without Europe and with Mane, Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Milner plus Ings and Sturridge who can play wide and then Ojo and Kent you could forgive Klopp (if he is indeed feeling this way) for thinking it's better to move him on and get his own career on track rather than wasting his time for another year.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2016, 01:24:42 pm »
I'd like him to be given another opportunity

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2016, 02:16:38 pm »
I'd give him until January to see what he can do under Klopp.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2016, 02:28:04 pm »

nah that's dumb - it's much better to make knee jerk reactions right now about his body language, mentality, desire, and ability to play under Klopp right now.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »
So generous of you.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2016, 02:49:01 pm »
Markovic isnt good enough in my opinion. We should sell if we get a decent offer. Rather Ojo got the chances.

Don't get me wrong, but I'd prefer for Klopp to make that decision. Last summer people were convinced that Lovren has no future at Liverpool.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2016, 03:03:41 pm »

I wouldn't necessarily say he's not good enough but I do agree about Ojo.

Think the timing of the loan last season has probably done for him at Liverpool.  Had Markovic been here when Klopp came in then maybe things would have turned out well for him but now I just think there might be too many in front of him in the pecking order. 

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2016, 03:10:23 pm »
nah that's dumb - it's much better to make knee jerk reactions right now about his body language, mentality, desire, and ability to play under Klopp right now.

;D I don't think it would be fair to just give up on him based on what was a pretty poor season for the majority of the squad (14/15) and just 14 appearances over in Turkey.

Let Klopp get to work on him, try and get a bit of confidence into him & see where he is later on in the season.

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2016, 04:40:53 pm »
We should have never loaned him out, not only did it stall Lazar's progression, it also added a burden of pressure to Ibe and look how that's turned out.

Buvac will know a lot more about him then all of us do, I do hope he stays but then should of an offer of 10mil plus come in I can see us selling.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2016, 06:03:50 pm »
We should have never loaned him out, not only did it stall Lazar's progression, it also added a burden of pressure to Ibe and look how that's turned out.

Buvac will know a lot more about him then all of us do, I do hope he stays but then should of an offer of 10mil plus come in I can see us selling.

That was such a stupid loan on so many levels.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2016, 06:05:58 pm »
Nice assist from Markovic today