Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1775115 times)

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15960 on: January 9, 2024, 03:51:42 pm »
I dont think there's a country he's played/lived in where it'd be illegal for him to get with a 16 year old, so why would he have to groom her?

Grooming is not exclusively about under age victims. There's no accusation he's done anything illegal at all.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #15961 on: January 9, 2024, 03:59:31 pm »
oof... that's not a good look, Sadio.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15962 on: January 9, 2024, 04:01:09 pm »
Ah Britain and it's never ending obsession with peadophilia! I didn't notice until my South American wife pointed out she doesn't go a day in England without hearing mention of paedos. I then moved abroad and realised she was right. :o Throw in a few tweets or online news articles of dubious authenticity and watch people work themselves into a frenzy.

This

It's a very weird obsession.

Presuming it's legal, then it's no body else's business. A relationship with someone of legal age is not pedophilia.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #15963 on: January 9, 2024, 04:08:28 pm »
Grooming is not exclusively about under age victims. There's no accusation he's done anything illegal at all.

Sure, but where are you getting the confidence to say he's been grooming someone from? Considering the headline is literally 'Sadio Mane has got married' and then a few fairly trashy articles saying he's known her since she was 16.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15964 on: January 9, 2024, 04:09:19 pm »
The article doesn't really add up if she is 18.

Marries long-time girlfriend after meeting her when she was 16... but he didn't do anything when she was 16 because she was 16.

Long-term, but then he's only known her for 2/3 years... and if he didn't do anything when she was 16 he presumably waited until she was 18, meaning they have been together for less than a year.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #15965 on: January 9, 2024, 04:13:15 pm »
Gylfi Sigurdsson as Sadios best man. What a shocker

Monster monster, sez Eric.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15966 on: January 9, 2024, 04:15:53 pm »
How can anyone be trying to defend this?  The 18 year old figure is being widely reported as is the fact they have been in a long term relationship - that is grooming

How long have they been in a relationship?

I want an actual timeframe so I can get outraged.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15967 on: January 9, 2024, 04:17:05 pm »
How long have they been in a relationship?

I want an actual timeframe so I can get outraged.
don't be so fussy.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15968 on: January 9, 2024, 04:17:49 pm »
are there many gents on RAWK over the age of 30 who actively hang out and correspond with 16 year old girls? put your hands up

(it's fine, it's not illegal we keep being told, so you have nothing to hide)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15969 on: January 9, 2024, 04:25:50 pm »
Totally misheard what happened, I thought he’d signed for Nantes.

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15970 on: January 9, 2024, 04:31:42 pm »
Nothing wrong with it unless he did something while she was underage. It's weird but he hasn;t broken any laws.

Also who the fuck is anyone on here to judge him? You fuckin' muppets.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15971 on: January 9, 2024, 04:44:08 pm »
This

Presuming it's legal, then it's no body else's business. A relationship with someone of legal age is not pedophilia.

Again presuming it’s legal who are we to be making cultural assumptions about marriage in Senegal? It may well be perfectly acceptable for an older respected man to marry a younger woman. I would assume her family would have ensured that all societal and religious norms were met.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15972 on: January 9, 2024, 04:49:31 pm »
Nothing wrong with it unless he did something while she was underage. It's weird but he hasn;t broken any laws.

Also who the fuck is anyone on here to judge him? You fuckin' muppets.

As mentioned before, there's a weird obsession with big age gaps in the UK. I know of several very long term relationships where the man is around 20 years older than the woman. In all cases it's a healthy well balanced partnership which has raised well balanced and happy children.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15973 on: January 9, 2024, 04:50:50 pm »
Again presuming it’s legal who are we to be making cultural assumptions about marriage in Senegal? It may well be perfectly acceptable for an older respected man to marry a younger woman. I would assume her family would have ensured that all societal and religious norms were met.

In my part of the world it's cultural to get the shit kicked out of you or even worse depending on how you pronounce the letter H in certain areas of the country ;D

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15974 on: January 9, 2024, 04:59:11 pm »
In my part of the world it's cultural to get the shit kicked out of you or even worse depending on how you pronounce the letter H in certain areas of the country ;D

But as long as the person kicking your head in is over 16, as Steve McMannaman would say, that’s all right. :D

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #15975 on: January 9, 2024, 05:11:23 pm »
Not everyone on this forum is in the Uk for one. Secondly, age gap alone is not the issue, if you have two developed adults, (like the poster who gave his parents as an example)

However, if she is 18, a 31 year old man in my view has no business being with someone theyve had their "eye on" since she was 16. He didnt break any laws by marrying her (if 18) or whatever the legal age is in that country, However that doesnt make it less weird or disgusting for me personally.

The other given example is some actor or whatever at 50 marrying a 18 year old, totally legal but for me repulsive.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15976 on: January 9, 2024, 05:14:15 pm »
Not everyone on this forum is in the Uk for one. Secondly, age gap alone is not the issue, if you have two developed adults, (like the poster who gave his parents as an example)

However, if she is 18, a 31 year old man in my view has no business being with someone theyve had their "eye on" since she was 16. He didnt break any laws by marrying her (if 18) or whatever the legal age is in that country, However that doesnt make it less weird or disgusting

"eye on"
"spotted"

Are these terms being used anywhere other than the Daily Mail?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15977 on: January 9, 2024, 05:17:00 pm »
lol what - not following your logic here.

if you had a 16 year old daughter and she told you she'd been texting a 31 year old celebrity, you'd have absolutely zero concerns? or alternatively, if you did have concerns, that'd make you a right wing mail reader? ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15978 on: January 9, 2024, 05:22:15 pm »
Former player signs for Saudi team- absolute c*nt, legacy over
Former player courts a minor and marries her as soon as she turns 18- who the fuck are we to judge our former players? Maybe in his culture it's fine.

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #15979 on: January 9, 2024, 05:23:28 pm »
"eye on"
"spotted"

Actually I dont read the Daily Mail so I can't answer that question.

All the articles I read about this are from different African countries reporting the same thing.

If it makws you feel better, if he just met her ar 18 and knew nothing about her prior, as a 31 year old, for me it would still be weird.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15980 on: January 9, 2024, 05:23:45 pm »
lol what - not following your logic here.

if you had a 16 year old daughter and she told you she'd been texting a 31 year old celebrity, you'd have absolutely zero concerns? or alternatively, if you did have concerns, that'd make you a right wing mail reader? ;D

My logic is it's a complete hatchet job from the Daily Mail is all I can find saying they've been in a long term relationship and framing it as grooming.
I have a 6 year old daughter, and in 10 years time there absolutely will not be a 31 year old celebrity texting her.

I'm not suggesting it isn't weird and certainly not something I'd be doing myself, but he's being framed as a sexual predator that's spied on a child with no basis other than what's being said in a notorious right wing rag and a few random celeb websites.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15981 on: January 9, 2024, 05:25:35 pm »
My logic is it's a complete hatchet job from the Daily Mail is all I can find saying they've been in a long term relationship and framing it as grooming.
I have a 6 year old daughter, and in 10 years time there absolutely will not be a 31 year old celebrity texting her.

I'm not suggesting it isn't weird and certainly not something I'd be doing myself, but he's being framed as a sexual predator that's spied on a child with no basis other than what's being said in a notorious right wing rag and a few random celeb websites.
then i misunderstood you! sorry

had no idea this had been taken up in daily mail articles. incorrectly thought you meant that having concerns (which we both evidently share) was daily mail'ish

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #15982 on: January 9, 2024, 05:26:32 pm »
Right, as I said, I dont go to Daily Mail for anything. Theres a bunch of sites from various african sites reporting it

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15983 on: January 9, 2024, 05:31:26 pm »
Right, as I said, I dont go to Daily Mail for anything. Theres a bunch of sites from various african sites reporting it

And equally plenty of others saying she is 26. 

Nothing official from anywhere - not that there needs to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15984 on: January 9, 2024, 05:32:32 pm »

And are they any different from the Daily Mail?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #15985 on: January 9, 2024, 05:33:26 pm »

In what sense? Different to how theyre reporting it or the type of source it is?

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #15986 on: January 9, 2024, 05:33:32 pm »
People just need an excuse to be outraged.  :-\
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15987 on: January 9, 2024, 05:34:05 pm »
how fucking DARE you say that!!!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15988 on: January 9, 2024, 05:35:08 pm »
This

Presuming it's legal, then it's no body else's business. A relationship with someone of legal age is not paedophilia.

It's not paedophilia, either. People have just latched onto that term and use it as a catch all for going after a child under the legal age of consent.

Ephebophilia is when an older adult is sexually attracted to post-pubescent teenagers—usually those in the age range 15–19. Adults with this attraction are called ephebophiles.

There's nothing to even suggest Mané is an Ephebophile. We have a sample size of one. Compared to, say, Charlie Chaplin, who married a succession of 16 year olds (and an 18 year old when he was 54).

Maybe Mané and this young woman just clicked. It happens.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2024, 05:37:49 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15989 on: January 9, 2024, 05:35:30 pm »
In what sense? Different to how theyre reporting it or the type of source it is?

Papers like the Mail will take a story and turn it into something different, they are not bothered in being accurate about the truth, are they bunch of speculation donuts I guess I'm asking?

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15990 on: January 9, 2024, 05:35:32 pm »

Exactly

And the UK is extremely good at doing it.

If it's a balanced and healthy relationship, then good luck to the pair of them.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #15991 on: January 9, 2024, 05:35:52 pm »
As mentioned before, there's a weird obsession with big age gaps in the UK. I know of several very long term relationships where the man is around 20 years older than the woman. In all cases it's a healthy well balanced partnership which has raised well balanced and happy children.
Not from the UK. It's still repulsive that an adult man/woman would be date a child in school. While it's not illegal it's still wrong. I personally know many woman who were forced into marriage with older men because "culturally" it was normalised. They were traumatized and dealt with the repercussions all their lives.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #15992 on: January 9, 2024, 05:38:02 pm »
Exactly

And the UK is extremely good at doing it.

If it's a balanced and healthy relationship, then good luck to the pair of them.
How is balanced? She's a child in school. He's a world famous, rich athlete. What does she know of relationships and life in general? If she's from a religious home, she's just an offering to enable her family to gain wealth.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline YNWA.A

• Main Stander
« Reply #15993 on: January 9, 2024, 05:41:46 pm »
Papers like the Mail will take a story and turn it into something different, they are not bothered in being accurate about the truth, are they bunch of speculation donuts I guess I'm asking?

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not entirely sure, the ones I read are from Nigeria that seem to be business oriented in general with sport sections here and there

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15994 on: January 9, 2024, 05:42:58 pm »
How is balanced? She's a child in school. He's a world famous, rich athlete. What does she know of relationships and life in general? If she's from a religious home, she's just an offering to enable her family to gain wealth.

Lots of presumptions here, without anything more than superficial knowledge of what's going on.

People love to be outraged

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15995 on: January 9, 2024, 05:43:04 pm »

The only places I have seen reporting 18 is Daily Mail, Business Daily Nigeria, and a Senegalese paper.

But then again the only places saying 26 appear to be celebwiveswiki which says "She looks about 26 but here date of birth is not publicly known" and the Liverpool reddit page

So no one reputable at all is saying how old she is, but it is really the difference between a tabloid gutter press and a random fan page saying I guess she is this age maybe

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15996 on: January 9, 2024, 05:43:23 pm »
Thanks for clarifying. I'm not entirely sure, the ones I read are from Nigeria that seem to be business oriented in general with sport sections here and there

The moment papers start doing moral outrage stories I am always careful to get all the facts first. I am sure more will come out eventually.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15997 on: January 9, 2024, 05:43:46 pm »
People love to be outraged
as long as you're including yourself in this!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15998 on: January 9, 2024, 05:44:31 pm »
Can anyone with an understanding of Senegalese Islamic culture explain if this is the norm or illegal please.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15999 on: January 9, 2024, 05:47:15 pm »
Can anyone with an understanding of Senegalese Islamic culture explain if this is the norm or illegal please.

What would the illegal part be? Marrying an 18 year old?