Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1781366 times)

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #11160 on: September 18, 2021, 09:22:14 pm »
Absolutely chuffed to bits for Sadio. Got a feeling he's really going to tear it up this season. Him in tandem with Robbo is going to be a nightmare to defend against

Robbo and Sadio do have a very good understanding of how to combine. Same wavelength perpetually...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11161 on: September 18, 2021, 09:34:52 pm »
He looks determined to make it back to his previous level, which gives me hope he will. Well taken goal today.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11162 on: September 18, 2021, 09:58:39 pm »
What a fucking player

Over the moon for him to score his 100th Liverpool goal, can only be a handful of wide men in premier league history who have scored more

He's cemented his place as one of the true greats in our history, 100 goals, absolutely pivotal in our only league title in 30 years and winning the champions league

on top of that he works his absolute bollocks off every single came defending Robertson, true team player and big game player

nothing fucks me off more than coming into this thread and seeing supposed reds making cunty little digs at him, he deserves way better than that with what he's done for this football club, bring home number 20 sadio and shut these clueless doubters up.

Yes! Delighted he's got to 100, he absolutely deserves it, he's been sensational for us, and getting to a ton is just cements his legacy here a little further. And like people were saying last week against Leeds, he's still getting into goalscoring positions and he did so again today, to make the run and follow up Salah's header. Decent finish as well :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11163 on: September 18, 2021, 11:12:58 pm »
FSG making best use of their communal kit.  Maybe a quick photoshop to save some time as well. ;)

Handy they didn't put his name on it so they can reuse it   ;)  ;D
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11164 on: September 18, 2021, 11:41:05 pm »
One hundred goals and if I'm mistaken not one of them was a penalty. Makes it even more impressive.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11165 on: September 19, 2021, 12:29:49 am »
FSG making best use of their communal kit.  Maybe a quick photoshop to save some time as well. ;)

tyututy" border="0

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11166 on: September 19, 2021, 09:55:53 am »
 ;D ;D

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #11167 on: September 19, 2021, 10:23:16 am »
Watching the video of his 100 goals for the club, and it's interesting to see the variety. Lots of quality headers amongst them, which stands out.

Also lots of assists from Robbo, Bobby, and a certain Mr Salah.

What a player, and delighted for him.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #11168 on: September 19, 2021, 11:35:07 am »
I really enjoyed watching his goals. Most are hit so cleanly…….teams need to start putting defenders on the far post as he’s very good at scoring just inside the post. Some very good headers as well. The quality of the goals is very high and it just shows how brilliant he is.

https://youtu.be/CXUxfoQbBro
#JFT97

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11169 on: September 19, 2021, 12:17:40 pm »
Watching the video of his 100 goals for the club, and it's interesting to see the variety. Lots of quality headers amongst them, which stands out.

I watched a video of his first 50 goals some time back and noted that he had fallen over after 20 of them. A wildly brilliant player. Looking forward to him proving the doubters wrong all season long.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #11170 on: September 19, 2021, 12:24:29 pm »
I watched a video of his first 50 goals some time back and noted that he had fallen over after 20 of them. A wildly brilliant player. Looking forward to him proving the doubters wrong all season long.

Yes, he ends up on his bum after quite a few of them. Think it shows how much he throws himself in to the chances.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11171 on: September 19, 2021, 12:34:07 pm »
Still think his first was his best, Munich very close though.

One of my all time fav players.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11172 on: September 19, 2021, 01:47:19 pm »
Only two away from scoring 100 premier league goals, as Salah just did. Mane has 77 for us and got 21 for Southampton.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #11173 on: September 20, 2021, 06:15:35 am »

Lots of headers too for such a short arse! :)
And how many Salah, Mane, Salah, Mane, Robertson's cross, Mane... are there?
Salah and Mane is such a dynamic duo. You don't realize it until you see highlights like these.
Love him. Absolutely love, love him, love him!
Here's to the next 100... quicker and on the way to nr 20 and all with us.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:51:21 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11174 on: September 20, 2021, 10:29:36 am »
“The Reds have Sadio Mané,
And we will win the league”.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:39:19 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #11175 on: September 20, 2021, 11:08:39 am »

Please get this man a decent song. Well overdue.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11176 on: September 20, 2021, 11:10:10 am »
No news about his contract either then?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11177 on: September 20, 2021, 12:36:00 pm »

I’m firmly in the Munich camp on this one. The way he sent Neuer to the shops with the turn before the exquisite finish. Just brilliant.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #11178 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:33 am »

Just suggested the same thing on the audio/video thread.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11179 on: September 21, 2021, 02:31:56 pm »
Please get this man a decent song. Well overdue.

Totally agree.
#JFT97

Offline Abin465

• Main Stander
« Reply #11180 on: September 21, 2021, 05:45:16 pm »
Yes, he ends up on his bum after quite a few of them. Think it shows how much he throws himself in to the chances.

It was very noticeable in his first couple of seasons. I thought it was a way he had devised to get the timing of his shot and the contact point right. Given his problems with finishing off chances recently, maybe he needs to start doing that again ... or just keep getting a lot of shots away! :D

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #11181 on: September 21, 2021, 05:48:03 pm »
My favourite football player. Its as simple as that.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11182 on: September 21, 2021, 05:57:04 pm »

His goal for the hat-trick against Porto is not to be forgotten. He spins before passing to a team-mate, completely bamboozles his man, gets the pass back and smashes in a 30 yarder.

Also the one against Burnley. He gets the ball at the edge of the area, spins and smashes it into the top with his left.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:59:03 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11183 on: September 21, 2021, 06:07:03 pm »
Man City was awesome - left foot smash into the upper 90.

(so many muppets after were claiming he mishit it. losers).

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11184 on: September 22, 2021, 06:40:13 am »
Man City was awesome - left foot smash into the upper 90.

(so many muppets after were claiming he mishit it. losers).

Yeah, that was a great goal. Also, the one against Cardiff where he doesn't give up until he's in space with the ball and smashes a left towards the far corner. The one where he controls a Fabinho lobbed pass against Man United isn't too shabby as well. The Watford backheel was special too.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11185 on: September 22, 2021, 08:25:08 am »
What about that header against Villa? Extremely satisfying after playing against 12 men all day.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #11186 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:39 am »

Mané Mané Mané
Sadio Mané
It's Sadio's world
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #11187 on: September 22, 2021, 10:46:36 am »
What about that header against Villa? Extremely satisfying after playing against 12 men all day.
Nearly had his head taken off, what a header that was, also think it broke Man City as everyone was thinking we were gonna drop points
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11188 on: September 22, 2021, 10:54:18 am »

Yes, and it came in actually one of his worse outings for us. And I don't mean it as one of those games where his finishing is iffy. In this game, nothing really worked for him, his touch was off, his linkup play was terrible and then he comes up with that.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11189 on: September 22, 2021, 11:29:16 am »
Also the one against Burnley. He gets the ball at the edge of the area, spins and smashes it into the top with his left.

The Watford backheel was special too.

Both great shouts. The Watford one was a brilliant example of how devastatingly unconventional & impudent Sadio can be.

I just think that Arsenal goal incapsulates everything that makes him an elite forward. The acceleration and speed whilst having total control of the ball, the skill to beat the man with the chop inside and then the strength and determination to hold off the challenge. Finally the composure and technique to properly wrap his foot around the ball and get the blistering shot on target, right into the top corner, on his debut, away at a Wenger managed, decent Arsenal team (where I don't think we'd won in a few years - might be wrong) on his debut.

Similar for the Munich one, speed/acceleration, brilliant first touch, great skill to turn away and execute the chip, which showed great composure and awareness of the situation.

He's unplayable on his day. Never forget the Danny Rose interview later on in his debut season where he said that he'd had one of the hardest games in his career - unsurprisingly he was directly up against Mane in that game. 

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11190 on: September 22, 2021, 05:38:43 pm »
Yes, and it came in actually one of his worse outings for us. And I don't mean it as one of those games where his finishing is iffy. In this game, nothing really worked for him, his touch was off, his linkup play was terrible and then he comes up with that.

If i remember right didnt he put the cross in for Robbo's equaliser? I agree with your analysis of his performance that day. He struggled all day and then puts a great assist in for the equaliser and then scores the winner deep in injury time. The thing is with him and Mo there both fucking relentless and even when they struggle a bit they never hide and can produce a world class bit of play at any moment.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11191 on: September 22, 2021, 05:48:49 pm »
I just think that Arsenal goal incapsulates everything that makes him an elite forward. The acceleration and speed whilst having total control of the ball, the skill to beat the man with the chop inside and then the strength and determination to hold off the challenge. Finally the composure and technique to properly wrap his foot around the ball and get the blistering shot on target, right into the top corner, on his debut, away at a Wenger managed, decent Arsenal team (where I don't think we'd won in a few years - might be wrong) on his debut.

I think the best part of that goal, and generally his performance that day, was it really marked the dawn of a new era. I know we'd had Klopp for 6 months or whatever [and it was 6 months with 2 finals and THAT game against dortmund] but he'd not been given the chance to get into the transfer market [Caulker I'm afraid does not count!] or have a pre season stamping his ideas and authority on the team. Mane wasn't that fancied by plenty as well as he was yet another off the southampton/liverpool production line when we'd been snubbed - or so it appeared - by Goetze. I'd say going into that game I didn't have much of an idea if he'd be good or not.

This goal was a proper sit up, take notice, holy fuck what have we here moment. We weren't just going to be better under Klopp, we were going to scare the shit out of people.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #11192 on: September 23, 2021, 01:04:42 am »
This may sound weird, but that’s probably my favorite goal of the Klopp era. So much emotion around it, especially with City coming up next.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11193 on: September 23, 2021, 10:26:02 am »
This may sound weird, but that’s probably my favorite goal of the Klopp era. So much emotion around it, especially with City coming up next.

Lose that game and lose to City and we would have been level on points with them. As it was, we ended up 9 points ahead. Genuinely think the turnaround in that match was the pivotal moment of the season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11194 on: September 23, 2021, 10:37:58 am »
tyututy" border="0

Is that Bielsa coaching us (far right, front row).

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #11195 on: September 23, 2021, 10:48:09 am »
2 really stand out for me, the solo goal at anfield v everton and the goal in the 1-0 win a carrow road, the touch to bring it down after spinning in mid air, just brilliant

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #11196 on: September 23, 2021, 01:39:25 pm »
Lose that game and lose to City and we would have been level on points with them. As it was, we ended up 9 points ahead. Genuinely think the turnaround in that match was the pivotal moment of the season.
Yup. You could see it in the reactions after the goal and some of the other footage from Inside Anfield. Everything went against us that day, but they found a way to get the three points.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11197 on: September 23, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »
2 really stand out for me, the solo goal at anfield v everton and the goal in the 1-0 win a carrow road, the touch to bring it down after spinning in mid air, just brilliant

Both fantastic goals..

On a side note, he has scored more goals with his left than I would've imagined.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11198 on: September 25, 2021, 11:37:40 am »
I really enjoyed watching his goals. Most are hit so cleanly…….teams need to start putting defenders on the far post as he’s very good at scoring just inside the post. Some very good headers as well. The quality of the goals is very high and it just shows how brilliant he is.

https://youtu.be/CXUxfoQbBro

His goal for the hat-trick against Porto is not to be forgotten. He spins before passing to a team-mate, completely bamboozles his man, gets the pass back and smashes in a 30 yarder.

Yeah, that was a great goal. Also, the one against Cardiff where he doesn't give up until he's in space with the ball and smashes a left towards the far corner. The one where he controls a Fabinho lobbed pass against Man United isn't too shabby as well. The Watford backheel was special too.

All great shouts and that video was a fun watch, forgot about some of the great goals he's scored for us. The Munich one was special for it's execution and because it was on the way to winning the competition and the Villa one because of it's importance in the context of the title.

One I forgot about after watching that video was the one away to Norwich a couple of years ago, that first touch to bring it down was special.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11199 on: September 25, 2021, 12:02:53 pm »
He's started this season well and hopefully can find another goal or two today. There has been moments other than the Leeds game where he's struggled in front of goal but I fancy him for a really good tally this season, hopefully matching what he's done in past years

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019