Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1776270 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #11000 on: August 30, 2021, 11:04:43 pm »
Can't be right.I have it on good authority that he lost the ball 31 TIMES & is slower than frozen water.
Glaciers Out!  :no
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11001 on: August 30, 2021, 11:23:44 pm »
Can't be right.I have it on good authority that he lost the ball 31 TIMES & is slower than frozen water.
fUkN sHiT hiM lAd

bLokE rUnS lIkE hE wEaRs a bIG sHoE lIKE jOHn mErRiCk aNd dRiNkS muLlIgAtAwNy cUp a sOuPs fROm a TaRtAn FLaSk tHe tIT

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11002 on: August 31, 2021, 02:26:46 am »
He dribbled past his opponent, 7 times, same as Mo, but he lost the ball on 8 occasions.

He beat his man repeatedly but ran into a space where he was isolated and lost the ball. They did a bunch of tests on him last season at his request and apparently his physical attributes are unchanged. He can still sprint fast and beat a man, I think his issue is in his head which is a bit tougher to fix.

There's no doubt he's mistiming jumps, mistiming initiating body contact, and choosing the wrong option a lot more than we'd expect. But I think Robbo being underdone and Hendo being the wrong side made him look worse than he is. You can't expect him to beat a man, then beat another immediately every time. We need other players to be opening up space for him so that when he beats a man he's got a moment to lay it off or try again. I think Mane's getting the blame for what was happening behind him, I remember a few occasions where he'd taken up a good position only for the pass from Robbo to let him down.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11003 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:54 am »
Sheesh… would have loved to have seen some of you around in the Paisley/Shankly days where selling a club captain after winning the title was not unheard of.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #11004 on: September 12, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »
Jesus christ when it's not his day he'll struggle to tap the ball in from two yards.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11005 on: September 12, 2021, 06:20:31 pm »
His finishing aside I thought he had a good game today

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11006 on: September 12, 2021, 06:22:25 pm »
Haha was looking like one of those days, some bad misses but well done Sadio lad for not letting your head drop.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11007 on: September 12, 2021, 06:22:46 pm »
That's more like it Sadio, lovely finish.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11008 on: September 12, 2021, 06:22:49 pm »

Aside from that finish ;D

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11009 on: September 12, 2021, 06:24:23 pm »
He certainly doesn't give up does he?  ;D Happy for him, played well.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #11010 on: September 12, 2021, 06:28:59 pm »
Can't finish his dinner  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11011 on: September 12, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »
Mad game for him today, glad he got his goal in the end though.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #11012 on: September 12, 2021, 06:29:34 pm »
Funny guy. He knew he was missing lots of chances and that sheepish smile proves it 😀

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #11013 on: September 12, 2021, 06:31:19 pm »
He still has that burst of speed and is working hard, just really erratic with his finishing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11014 on: September 12, 2021, 06:37:23 pm »
Sadio of yesteryear could have had five today, five! But I hope that THIS goal gives him the confidence.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11015 on: September 12, 2021, 06:38:24 pm »
Not great finishing but how amazing it was to see him full of confidence taking players on time and time again. Some audacious bits of skill from him today, long may it continue.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11016 on: September 12, 2021, 06:39:27 pm »
So far off his best for a long time now, I'm really worried about his form.
With no recruitment this summer and now Elliott injured, add this to shaq leaving Mane needs to step up.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11017 on: September 12, 2021, 06:41:08 pm »
On 99 goals now, I think.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11018 on: September 12, 2021, 06:41:14 pm »

Yeah he was excellent, glad he got his goal in the end.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11019 on: September 12, 2021, 06:41:51 pm »
On 99 goals now, I think.
One more than Salah... ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11020 on: September 12, 2021, 06:44:40 pm »
Finishing was subpar but he had a good game. Good to see him scoring. He already has a few

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11021 on: September 12, 2021, 07:39:47 pm »
So far off his best for a long time now, I'm really worried about his form.
With no recruitment this summer and now Elliott injured, add this to shaq leaving Mane needs to step up.
;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11022 on: September 12, 2021, 07:42:40 pm »
One more than Salah... ;D

One less!

Funny, him counting his chances with Robbo after the match. Honestly should have had a hatful!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11023 on: September 12, 2021, 07:46:10 pm »
Really pleased when he finally put one away. Played well overall. Only 4 games into the season he’s gradually getting back to his best and the rust is coming off, it’ll take one game when he bangs in a few of those he missed today and he’ll be fully back
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11024 on: September 12, 2021, 07:48:15 pm »
Finishing aside, he was outstanding. Strong, direct, an absolute handful. Looks much better this season.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11025 on: September 12, 2021, 07:55:14 pm »
Probably going to attract moths to this flame but his eventual goal papered over the cracks IMO. The rust from last season is clearly still present. Still the same player but it’s like he’s just ever so slightly off in terms of pace, technique, movement and decision-making. On their own, it wouldn’t even be noticed much never mind discussed but as a cumulative effect, it’s sufficient to cause his overall level to drop. Like a finely tuned engine that needs calibration.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11026 on: September 12, 2021, 07:58:02 pm »
Probably going to attract moths to this flame but his eventual goal papered over the cracks IMO. The rust from last season is clearly still present. Still the same player but it’s like he’s just ever so slightly off in terms of pace, technique, movement and decision-making. On their own, it wouldn’t even be noticed much never mind discussed but as a cumulative effect, it’s sufficient to cause his overall level to drop. Like a finely tuned engine that needs calibration.

I don't know what you are talking about. He looked fast, skillful and strong, could have easily had 3-4 goals had he put on his finishing boots. His decision making was not great.

But he did skin his defender many times, played some great passes and his movement was top notch.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11027 on: September 12, 2021, 08:00:11 pm »
I'm with Maxwell mate. If Sadio was on it he'd have 3 goals today.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11028 on: September 12, 2021, 08:00:31 pm »
Personally, I thought he was absolutely awesome in the buildup play today. His passing was good, his dribbling was good, his positional awareness, vision and decision making was all good.

It's hard to disguise that his finishing absolutely deserted him today, but hopefully he'll rediscover his clinical touch before long.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #11029 on: September 12, 2021, 08:00:33 pm »
2 goals already this seaon in the league and he looks arsed and a lot happier.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #11030 on: September 12, 2021, 08:02:42 pm »
Haha was looking like one of those days, some bad misses but well done Sadio lad for not letting your head drop.

I agree. He had an excellent game apart from his finishing.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11031 on: September 12, 2021, 08:13:37 pm »
It's a massive worry because of the lack of depth and his importance to the team when on form. When we won the league he was the driving force in attack who would often make the decisive action in tight games. His ability to create, score out of nothing was vital in games against like Villa and Norwich away. My sense is that whether we see a vintage Mane or this current version will be ultimately be the deciding factor in whether we win the league or not.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11032 on: September 12, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »
He was off today. Misplacing passes, bad touches, poor decision making, unable to beat a man, missing sitters, and was pretty selfish.

Despite that he never gave up or didn’t show for the ball. He kept trying to score even though it genuinely looked like he never would. I’m hoping this goal gives him more confidence in his ability to score on off days. I think his problem is mental.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11033 on: September 12, 2021, 08:24:33 pm »
He was off today. Misplacing passes, bad touches, poor decision making, unable to beat a man, missing sitters, and was pretty selfish.

Despite that he never gave up or didn’t show for the ball. He kept trying to score even though it genuinely looked like he never would. I’m hoping this goal gives him more confidence in his ability to score on off days. I think his problem is mental.

and yet Klopp said he was exceptional.

I wonder who to trust more?  :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11034 on: September 12, 2021, 08:29:04 pm »

Kirk van Houten.

Announcers loved him today too.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11035 on: September 12, 2021, 08:31:02 pm »

He beat defenders all afternoon.  He was an absolute menace, finishing was iffy though, I’ll give you that.

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11036 on: September 12, 2021, 08:31:05 pm »

Lol not the RAWK body language experts?

MANE if can get into a goal scoring rhythm along with Mo key to win the league to be honest.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11037 on: September 12, 2021, 08:31:32 pm »

Kirk Van Houten. He's a pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11038 on: September 12, 2021, 08:32:45 pm »
Kirk Van Houten. He's a pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory.
He sleeps in a racing car. Do you?

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11039 on: September 12, 2021, 08:35:36 pm »
I'm with Maxwell mate. If Sadio was on it he'd have 3 goals today.

Was a little unlucky to boot, Meslier left a leg when Sadio droped the shoulder and it clipped of his heel for a corner, had to go down as a good save but was lucky and i would guess he didn't know much about it, also a fantastic last second tackle when he was going to shoot denied him. The open goal, well ...should have scored, on another day he gets 3 maybe 4. and he soon will.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:47:41 pm by red1977 »