Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1779085 times)

Online Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #4400 on: September 12, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »
We're going to miss his pace and tenacity against Leicester but should have enough at home to Burnley without him. Coutihno/Chamberlain to slot in or Sturridge to start in his absence? Wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge at the weekend and Coutihno out wide against Leicester

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4401 on: September 12, 2017, 04:29:15 pm »

Retrospective bans incoming, of course.
:D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4402 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:43 pm »

Just to play devil's advocate here, only the Mane situation involved both players running towards each other. In all the other cases, at least one of the players was in a standing position, thereby lessening the momentum of the collision and invariably making the collision seem less dangerous (even if it wasn't in reality).
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:04 pm »
It's only burnley and leicester. Doubt either of them would have played the league cup anyway (at least I hope we don't plan to use any of the first team squad).

Neither game is easy.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4404 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »
3 game ban by the FA for Sadio...

3 game ban by the FA for this tackle by Watford's Miguel Britos a couple of weeks back...

...game aint straight

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #4405 on: September 12, 2017, 04:36:03 pm »
The red card and 3 match ban are because the keeper was injured even if that is not how the law is supposed to be applied

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4406 on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:35 pm »
On the plus side, gives us chance to test the theory we are now able to cope with Mane better than last season with the additions or AoC and (in particular) Salah. Knowing the answer to that question before January swings around could be important for us.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: September 12, 2017, 04:45:32 pm »
Neither game is easy.

For sure, but we can cope without him. Personally, I'm excited to see how Coutinho does back in the team with Salah. Midfield or attack, you know Phil will find space to play Salah in on one of the umpteen excellent runs he makes.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4408 on: September 12, 2017, 04:46:35 pm »
Has Ox ever played on the left?

Didn't he play on the left against us last season in the season opener?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4409 on: September 12, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »
Personally I'd just put OX chamberlain in as a straight swap and see how he does

Salah Firmino Ox
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:48:25 pm by rocco »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4410 on: September 12, 2017, 04:48:39 pm »
Personally I'd just put OX chamberlain in as a straight swap and see how he does

Agreed. We have benefitted so much from having pace up top and have seen in the past what Coutinho can do in midfield with pace in front of him.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4411 on: September 12, 2017, 04:55:02 pm »
On the plus side, gives us chance to test the theory we are now able to cope with Mane better than last season with the additions or AoC and (in particular) Salah. Knowing the answer to that question before January swings around could be important for us.

Why so? Is Mane due to be missing in January?
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4412 on: September 12, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »
Bring Phil in.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:40 pm »

My money is on Sturridge coming in, Firmino moving to the left and Phil coming into Midfield for one of Can/Wijnaldum. Probably whichever one doesn't play tomorrow, if that happens.

We retain our pace up top with Salah, get our best finisher on the pitch in a game where chances will be limited in all liklihood, up our creativity from deep and retain the options of pace and finishing on the bench in AOC and Solanke.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: September 12, 2017, 05:25:24 pm »
The red card and 3 match ban are because the keeper was injured even if that is not how the law is supposed to be applied
This 'the keeper was injured' justification is stupid. Players get injured all the time from fouls, should the ones making the foul always be sent off?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: September 12, 2017, 05:30:32 pm »
This 'the keeper was injured' justification is stupid. Players get injured all the time from fouls, should the ones making the foul always be sent off?
Dont think he's saying it's right.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: September 12, 2017, 05:31:52 pm »
FA Have rejected Liverpool's appeal to decrease Sadio Mane ban. Stays at 3 games, miss Burnley and Leicester (twice)
Expected but at least the ban wasnt increased, so they didnt see it as a frivulous appeal. He was probably going to miss the league cup game anyway.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #4417 on: September 12, 2017, 05:37:52 pm »
Expected but at least the ban wasnt increased, so they didnt see it as a frivulous appeal. He was probably going to miss the league cup game anyway.
Yeah it's just the way the law is applied ref's tend not to see something as endangering a player unless they see an actual injury and the FA has the stupid rules about what they can revisit so if see a near miss probably gives a yellow in hindsight going by the law all the ones pictured about should be red cards.
It would be easier just to say that raising your studs towards an opponent above wait height is an automatic red, at least you would get consistent decisions.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: September 12, 2017, 05:49:19 pm »
so mane will miss the home game against burnley and the away games (cup and league) against Leicester city.

I don't think we need him that much against burnley (especially if Sturridge replaces mane and coutinho comes to midfield in place of Can or gini).

For the league cup game @ leicester..... klopp will give the likes of solanke, markovic game time.

So I think the only game we will really miss him is in the away league game against the same team.

But I do think now is the time for klopp to give Sturridge a run of games. Firmino, Sturridge and Salah will be a frightening prospect for a lot of teams. Add coutinho in a midfield 3....and I do think we will be fine.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4419 on: September 12, 2017, 05:53:56 pm »

Because we can look into buying additional players come January...
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4420 on: September 12, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »
Yep, it's the tri-annual african up of nations. We lose him January, March and May this season.

but the reason I meant before was for the transfer window. If we are still struggling without Mane, then it's still something we need to address. If we aren't, then we don't.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: September 12, 2017, 06:00:13 pm »
Bring Phil in.

Exactly.

Mane don't make our world go round,
We're reaching out to a higher ground
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4422 on: September 12, 2017, 06:03:08 pm »
Has Ox ever played on the left?

Salah can play on the left, can't he?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #4423 on: September 12, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »
Yep, it's the tri-annual african up of nations. We lose him January, March and May this season.

but the reason I meant before was for the transfer window. If we are still struggling without Mane, then it's still something we need to address. If we aren't, then we don't.

Don't you know they changed the AFCON thingy. They're now playing it thrice every full moon and one extra time during Hanukkah.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: September 12, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »
Dont think he's saying it's right.
I know but I've heard that moronic argument plenty of times.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4425 on: September 12, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »
Don't you know they changed the AFCON thingy. They're now playing it thrice every full moon and one extra time during Hanukkah.
Is that the August 4th rule update or the August 9th update?

Anyway they are fuckers. Just when you think you have the rules to this fucking tournament licked....

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: September 12, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »
We shouldn't have let Origi go ... i'd have put him straight in
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: September 12, 2017, 06:40:32 pm »

It's not for long anyway, he won't miss the European games and he probably wasn't going to play in the league cup. Plus, Coutinho should be back soon enough.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: September 12, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »
3 game ban by the FA for Sadio...

3 game ban by the FA for this tackle by Watford's Miguel Britos a couple of weeks back...

...game aint straight

I'd rather be on the receiving end of that Britos challenge to be fair  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4429 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:09 pm »
Thing is, if he doesn't lift his leg a split second before the impact, his leg is broken in a horrific way.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4430 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:42 pm »

If his leg is grounded, it's broken.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4431 on: September 12, 2017, 06:56:08 pm »
Mane don't make our world go round,
We're reaching out to a higher ground

Oh, Des'ree. (I love you for this btw)

Have the FA ever accepted an appeal? The only ever headline I read about appeals are those that are rejected. No harm done. Worth a shot.

Well, there was this one time a player had written permission to join any club that met a certain transfer fee. A certain club came in and met the fee, but, the players manager didn't like that club and claimed that, although it didn't state in the written document that he couldn't join said club, he did VERBALLY tell the player that it could be anyone BUT that club. They were real good on changing the rules on that one.

That's infuriating.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: September 12, 2017, 07:01:06 pm »
If his leg is grounded, it's broken.

Maybe, but then if Mane catches Ederson in the temple or the eye...

Both bad challenges. Britos more deliberate and a more obvious red on first viewing. Whereas I personally had to watch Mane's a few times before thinking yeah that's probably a red.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #4433 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:30 pm »
It's 3 games not 30.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4434 on: September 12, 2017, 07:06:17 pm »
Maybe, but then if Mane catches Ederson in the temple or the eye...

Both bad challenges. Britos more deliberate and a more obvious red on first viewing. Whereas I personally had to watch Mane's a few times before thinking yeah that's probably a red.

I think one is clear intent and the other was an accident.

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4435 on: September 12, 2017, 07:09:20 pm »
I think one is clear intent and the other was an accident.

Well yes, that's what I said. Britos obviously more deliberate. Intent doesn't matter though.

Thought Mane might have got 2 games. Shame he didnt get it reduced.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: September 12, 2017, 07:11:13 pm »
Well yes, that's what I said. Britos obviously more deliberate. Intent doesn't matter though.

Thought Mane might have got 2 games. Shame he didnt get it reduced.

I was backing you up mate, wasn't arguing.

I think Mane should have got a yellow, or at least reduced to 1 game, but that was never gonna happen.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #4437 on: September 12, 2017, 07:16:16 pm »
Surprise surprise.

And can we expect some consistency? Not a chance.

Shite refs and a omnishambles at the FA.

The same FA that went grovelling to UEFA to get Rooney's three game ban reduced to two before Euro 2012 for kicking an opponent
I guess it's violent conduct with them when suits

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4438 on: September 12, 2017, 07:21:06 pm »
Just to play devil's advocate here, only the Mane situation involved both players running towards each other. In all the other cases, at least one of the players was in a standing position, thereby lessening the momentum of the collision and invariably making the collision seem less dangerous (even if it wasn't in reality).

Both players moving should mitigate the situation if anything, you can hardly argue that you weren't being reckless if you kick the guy in the head when he has been standing next to you the entire time.

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: September 12, 2017, 07:21:28 pm »
I was backing you up mate, wasn't arguing.

I think Mane should have got a yellow, or at least reduced to 1 game, but that was never gonna happen.

Oh sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing either. Apologies. Reading my post back I can see how it came across.

Yeah, I sort of hoped the similar challenges the day after would have helped us. Obviously not. Annoying. If we had got it reduced to 2 games he'd have only missed the Bunrley game really as he was never going to play the LC game anyway. Hopefully with Salah though we won't miss him too much. Be interesting to see if Ox plays wide or Coutinho.