Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1774206 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #4200 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15:19 pm »
Madrid or Barca will come knocking for Sadio next summer.

Why is this a certainty? Are they also coming for Firmino and Salah? What if we have a successful season and win more than those two clubs do?

I don't get why people worry about crap like this, we're not Southampton or Leipzig.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4201 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »

Fucking hell lad can't you just enjoy a player for 5 mins without pissing your pants he'll leave? Fucking modern football and its lazy obsession linking every quality player with Madrid and Barca. Bore off.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #4202 on: August 28, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »
man on fire.Effortless, he makes it look so easy. What a player we have on our hands here, enjoy him whilst you can another Suarez situation  will be on the cards with him.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: August 28, 2017, 07:16:52 pm »
Fucking hell lad can't you just enjoy a player for 5 mins without pissing your pants he'll leave? Fucking modern football and its lazy obsession linking every quality player with Madrid and Barca. Bore off.

I can't wait until the transfer window closes, we'll have less of the stupid pants wetting then hopefully.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4204 on: August 28, 2017, 07:22:10 pm »
When Rafa was here and we were in CL semi-finals every year big clubs never even thought of the possibility of buying some of our best players.

If this current group of players continue with their astronomical progress and start competing in latter stages of CL in the coming years - which I'm convinced will happen - it's gonna be so much easier for us to keep those players in the same way City, Chelsea keep the likes of Aguero, Hazard every summer without any fuss.

Another issue with Phil is that he's also been here for 5 years while most of others have practically just got here. If we continue growing and make another step-up under Klopp we won't be fretting so much about "big boys" having their eyes on our best players because realistically speaking that gap between us and "big boys" is getting smaller by the day.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4205 on: August 28, 2017, 07:31:03 pm »
Solid first post.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4206 on: August 28, 2017, 07:32:39 pm »
Solid first post.

Possibly a WUM rival fan or something.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4207 on: August 28, 2017, 07:48:24 pm »

But but but...we can say no...rrright?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4208 on: August 28, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »
When Rafa was here and we were in CL semi-finals every year big clubs never even thought of the possibility of buying some of our best players.

If this current group of players continue with their astronomical progress and start competing in latter stages of CL in the coming years - which I'm convinced will happen - it's gonna be so much easier for us to keep those players in the same way City, Chelsea keep the likes of Aguero, Hazard every summer without any fuss.

Another issue with Phil is that he's also been here for 5 years while most of others have practically just got here. If we continue growing and make another step-up under Klopp we won't be fretting so much about "big boys" having their eyes on our best players because realistically speaking that gap between us and "big boys" is getting smaller by the day.

I agree with the premise of your post.

However, Barca or Madrid haven't really wanted one of City/Chelsea/United's players in the past few years.

They all have more money, but I think Aguero, Hazard and Lingard  ;D would all kick up a fuss if one of those 2 clubs came in.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #4209 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:28 pm »
Someone from Liverpool football club needs to be in prison, we stole him from Soton.

What a bloody player he is, and he's going to get better.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4210 on: August 28, 2017, 08:58:37 pm »
Sanchez works but showed a seriously cuntish attitude last season, and Hazard is more skilful in some areas but doesn't have anything even remotely like the workrate and determination.

Also Sanchez doesn't have Mane's unbelievable pace and acceleration, and Hazard doesn't have anything like Mane's strength and fitness. Mane is a fucking machine, perfect for this manager and this system.
Quite. Sanchez was only a nuisance against us on Saturday, he was nowhere near as individually threatening as Mane. I reckon Mane is the best player in the league presently.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4211 on: August 28, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »

Madrid took our RB and CM and most important player of us when we nearly won the league in 2009. We had bloody stuffed them 5-0 only a few months before and they hadn't been near a CL final in years.

I can't understand why people live in this constant state of denial. Madrid and Barca turn the heads of nearly every footballer. We are no different or no more special to any footballer outside scousers, who we no longer seem to produce.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4212 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »
I can't understand why people live in this constant state of denial. Madrid and Barca turn the heads of nearly every footballer. We are no different or no more special to any footballer outside scousers, who we no longer seem to produce.
They turn their heads but it wont be as bad if we're in the latter stages of CL every year, because players then will see us a team where they can win CL. If Phil was in that Rafa team he would much more focused on winning CL with us rather than faking injuries in desperation.

They're always gonna turn players' heads but it's gonna happen much less the more successful we are and the more people believe that we can compete against those two teams.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4213 on: August 28, 2017, 09:49:29 pm »
Madrid took our RB and CM and most important player of us when we nearly won the league in 2009. We had bloody stuffed them 5-0 only a few months before and they hadn't been near a CL final in years.

I take you haven't heard Trent speak then. I certainly detected a Scouse accent.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: August 28, 2017, 10:14:28 pm »
I take you haven't heard Trent speak then. I certainly detected a Scouse accent.

:-) how could I forget!
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: August 28, 2017, 10:18:07 pm »

Xabi and Arbeloa were Spanish.  I get how Spanish and South American players all dream of playing for Barca and Madrid, but I don't think there's the same pull with European or African players.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #4216 on: August 28, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
Don't worry, the way prices are going, the days of Real and Barcelona buying the best players from the top clubs in the Premier League will be a thing of the past. Barcelona will never be able to afford what Sadio would cost,  and I'd doubt whether they could afford Coutinho without the Neymar money either. Anyway they have Dembele and Messi and Real have Bale, Ronaldo and Asensio. The likes of PSG and Bayern are no danger to us.  I think the key is raising our wage ceiling a little more. Get the likes of Mane on 200 grand a week, like City and Chelsea's best players.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: August 28, 2017, 11:22:33 pm »
Xabi and Arbeloa were Spanish.  I get how Spanish and South American players all dream of playing for Barca and Madrid, but I don't think there's the same pull with European or African
They turn their heads but it wont be as bad if we're in the latter stages of CL every year, because players then will see us a team where they can win CL. If Phil was in that Rafa team he would much more focused on winning CL with us rather than faking injuries in desperation.

They're always gonna turn players' heads but it's gonna happen much less the more successful we are and the more people believe that we can compete against those two teams.

Maybe, maybe not. Didn't stop Ronaldo leaving United (2 straight CL finals and league winners). We don't really know what footballers want whether they are Spanish, Brazilian, African or whatever. But young footballers all over the world knowadays will have grown up in a period when the best 2 players in the world play in Spain.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:24:56 pm by liverbnz »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: August 29, 2017, 02:40:15 am »
How long is Mane's contract?

Is there a release clause?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4219 on: August 29, 2017, 10:21:03 am »

Two and a half pages.

Just an ordinary paper clip. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #4220 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:55 am »
He literally just convinced his mate to join us next summer yet you're all talking about him leaving? We'll be Treble winners by next summer  ;D
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4221 on: August 29, 2017, 10:27:24 am »
I just don't think it is fair.

When Saido gets on the field with Naby Keita, Salah and Firmino next year....

I feel really sorry for Premier League defences, they are going to be twisted and discombobulated to hell :)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: August 29, 2017, 10:31:22 am »
But but but...we can say no...rrright?

Dam right we can say no. Just like we are doing with Phil and long may it continue.

Personally, I'll be quite happy if Barca, Real Madrid etc are coming knocking for all of our players.  It means we have that good a squad.

Offline Tatenda

• Boys Pen
Seeing traces of Suarez in Mane
« Reply #4223 on: August 29, 2017, 11:50:06 am »
Hi fellow Reds...first time poster here.

Is anyone else seeing traces of Suarez in the way Mane plays? I see it in his work rate, his hunger, his pit-bull type wont-let-go attitude and you always know something is about to happen when he has the ball in our half?

Or is it that I am missing Suarez  :-\?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:22 pm »

Until 2021 and probably not. I suspect the club will want to extend his contract in a few years.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: August 29, 2017, 02:00:35 pm »
Mods - can we lock player threads during international breaks? I have an injury-based panic attack everytime a player's name appears at the top of the forum  ;D

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #4226 on: August 29, 2017, 02:08:48 pm »
Xabi and Arbeloa were Spanish.  I get how Spanish and South American players all dream of playing for Barca and Madrid, but I don't think there's the same pull with European or African players.
No ,what about Modric, Benzema, even Bale

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4227 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:51 pm »

your first post and that is what you choose?  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4228 on: August 29, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »

Perhaps modern day football is not for you. May I suggest Men's Tennis, athletics or perhaps championship darts?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #4229 on: August 29, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »

True, but they were a couple of Spaniards attracted by Real Madrid. Masch, Suarez, Phil are South Americans attracted by Barcelona.

Barca and Real may not have the same attraction for Mane, Salah, Keita etc.. We can match wages and heck, with their help, we will beat them in the Champions League. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4230 on: August 29, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »
Barca and Real may not have the same attraction for Mane, Salah, Keita etc.. We can match wages and heck, with their help, we will beat them in the Champions League. :)
I think they will be an attraction if we don't kick on but if we do - which I'm certain we will - those two teams are gonna be much less likely to target our players. Suarez and Phil may see them as a step-up at the time of their moves but the moment we start competing against them shoulder to shoulder it's gonna be a completely different ball game. We are on the very cusp of it imo, I can't wait to take them on this season.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #4231 on: August 29, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »
True, but they were a couple of Spaniards attracted by Real Madrid. Masch, Suarez, Phil are South Americans attracted by Barcelona.

Barcelona and Real Madrid (and Juventus and Bayern Munich) will always try to get the best players. Especially in the case of Barca and Real, it's about time the English clubs stop the talent drain to Spain. Barca and Madrid soon will have to get some fresh talent in, because their main leaders are getting old. If the English clubs finally manage to keep their best players again, they will also dominate Europe again. The football landscape is changing again in Europe, and at the moment it looks to go England's way.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: August 29, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »
No ,what about Modric, Benzema, even Bale

I'm obviously not saying that players from other European countries would not want to play for Real Madrid or Barca.  There are clear reasons why every footballer would want to play for them. 

But there's just a lot of history there with Brazil.  Coutinho will have grown up watching the likes of Romario, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho playing for Barcelona like all the other kids there.  It carries through.

It's just not the same with Africa or the rest of Europe.  Everything else being equal, I would fancy the chances of someone like Mane wanting to stay at Liverpool rather than Coutinho.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4233 on: August 29, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »
I think they will be an attraction if we don't kick on but if we do - which I'm certain we will - those two teams are gonna be much less likely to target our players. Suarez and Phil may see them as a step-up at the time of their moves but the moment we start competing against them shoulder to shoulder it's gonna be a completely different ball game. We are on the very cusp of it imo, I can't wait to take them on this season.

I am not worried about Bobby Firmino heading to Barca as much. He plays in a way that fits our tactics perfectly, but I'm not sure if that will be the case at Barca. He also is a bit different in that he moved to Germany at a young age rather than the usual destinations of South Americans: Portugal, Spain or Italy.

Can on the other hand is a walking hair gel advert and Italy will always be a draw. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4234 on: August 29, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »
Barcelona and Real Madrid (and Juventus and Bayern Munich) will always try to get the best players. Especially in the case of Barca and Real, it's about time the English clubs stop the talent drain to Spain. Barca and Madrid soon will have to get some fresh talent in, because their main leaders are getting old. If the English clubs finally manage to keep their best players again, they will also dominate Europe again. The football landscape is changing again in Europe, and at the moment it looks to go England's way.

Very true. Monetarily England is catching up. But then there is the Champions League automatic spots that don't necessarily exist in England. If the goal of a player is to play CL, there are surer bets than Man U, Arse, Spurs and LFC. Even petro-fueled club Chelsea even didn't make it a couple of seasons back. So Juve, RM, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, will have an attraction for players who want to be in CL every season guaranteed. Although they will be bored out of their minds beating up minnows for most of the year. :)

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4235 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:42 am »
What about getting a song for him - he deserves it

my shout - to Abba of course

Mane Mane Mane
don't need Coutinho
We got Sadiooooooohhooooo

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4236 on: August 30, 2017, 11:06:20 am »
Just give me Mané
That's all I want
(That's all I want)
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #4237 on: August 30, 2017, 11:31:58 am »

Mane won't leave Liverpool to be a an option off the bench for either of those teams. He will be a Liverpool player for the next two seasons at the very least.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4238 on: August 31, 2017, 06:09:53 pm »
Just noticed how clever he was for Salah's goal against Arsenal. He reads Salah breaking away before Coquelin and Bellerin, the two deepest Arsenal players, and blows by them, not to offer support to Salah but to run across them and slow them down, creating more space for Salah. You can tell by his head positioning he knew exactly what he was doing. Brilliant.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4239 on: August 31, 2017, 07:20:04 pm »
With Origi's departure there are obviously question marks over two back-up strikers in regards to their experience and fitness.

However I won't be surprised one bit - especially in away games - to see Mane flanked by two out of Salah, Ox and Phil. The way I see it right now Mane for me is primarily a striker first wide-forward second, think he has everything in his locker to be no.9 - but that will only be needed if all of our 3 strikers are unavailable at the same time for some reason.