Author Topic: Mafia III  (Read 8838 times)

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mafia III
« on: June 18, 2016, 11:08:02 pm »
Anyone else looking forward to this? The trailer was great, and the 20 minutes of gameplay they showed at E3 looks really good.

'One Way Road' story trailer
20 minutes of gameplay (spoilers)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mafia III
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:43:11 pm »
Can't fucking wait.

Love the Mafia games, even 2 was fantastic (if a little short.)

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 08:09:10 am »
Will be keeping an eye on this. What I've seen looks good so far, love the location and style.

Haven't really played any of the others. Suspect I'll have to pick between this and Watch Dogs 2 nearer Christmas as I won't have time for both but it'll be good to have a story driven game like this to get stuck into.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »
Loved 2 not sure if I played 1, whens it coming out?

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:53 am »
Looks incredible to the point I know I'll get addicted and am already actively playing three thing at the moment. Not enough hours in the day. Mightn't purchase it for a while until I've really worn out the current ones.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 07:04:23 pm »
Loved 2 not sure if I played 1, whens it coming out?
October 7th.

Offline Sibierski Nazário

• Extremely precious about CR7
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 07:26:47 pm »
Looks like it has great promise, solid story and loads to do and a variety of places from what i see, Really want another great open world game the last one was Red Dead Redemption. Gta 5 was well overrated the setting was not immersive and the story was shit.
Greatzman >3
AUbamumyingyang >3

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 08:15:32 pm »
Looks like it has great promise, solid story and loads to do and a variety of places from what i see, Really want another great open world game the last one was Red Dead Redemption. Gta 5 was well overrated the setting was not immersive and the story was shit.

GTA 5 overrated? It's a fucking masterpiece. It's much more than just a video game.

I'm looking forward to this. I really enjoyed Mafia 2, I thought that with how Mafia 2 ended the next one would be a follow up but obviously not. I'm yet to get a next gen console after all this time! I've slacked off with my gaming lately but this and a couple of other titles will force my hand I think.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:49:37 am »
I dig GTAV too, but I think they will need to improve the interactivity of the game world in 6. Don't get me wrong, there's shitloads to do and miles to explore, but the ultimate GTA will have to take the best elements from V and meld them with the best elements of IV - more unrestricted access to building interiors (not just pretty locked facades, but places everywhere you can enter/break into; business, residential, recreational... a truly 'open' world), more complex and appropriate interactions with randoms (with different personality types responding to you differently), and just generally more life going on around you regardless of what you do, but that you can cause havok with and gain a noticeable street reputation (becoming a local 'character', like a popular rogue that many insignificant NPCs recognise and amicably holler at/show respect, or an anti-social brute/nutjob that people are wary of and leave well alone).

The next one should look to expand upon the openness of the world rather than simply the size, and increase the player's effect on the everyday running and minutiae of said world. Add that to a cool engrossing story and likeable colourful central characters, and you'll probably end up with one of the greatest videogames in history.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:35 pm »
Gta 5 was well overrated the setting was not immersive and the story was shit.
In gaming terms... You just went Full Everton it's your David Icke moment  ;D

Offline Sibierski Nazário

• Extremely precious about CR7
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »
Story was bland all the characters were dull apart from Trevor not even a decent villain and not a patch on previous Gta games or even come close to Red Dead. By all means go ahead think it's the great thing ever not for me, Gta 6 can easily be better.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:39:45 pm by Light mentality »
Greatzman >3
AUbamumyingyang >3

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:35 am »
I hope Mafia 3 is better than 2. It was a decent game, but as soon as the storyline was done there was nothing to do other than drive around n maybe kill random innocents. It just had no replayability.

I will say from what I have seen this does have a LOT more to do in it in comparison to Mafia 2 so I am a fair bit more hopeful with this.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 11:55:29 am »
That marshland area looks beautiful, hope it's where you take all the people who tell you to go get your fuckin shine box  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 12:52:30 am »
That marshland area looks beautiful, hope it's where you take all the people who tell you to go get your fuckin shine box  ;D
:D I'm off to watch Goodfellows.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14 on: October 3, 2016, 10:54:11 am »
I think this is out on Friday?

Not sure wether to buy this on PC or PS4? I can't decide  ;D

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2016, 12:34:30 pm »
I've got BF1 pre-ordered and not sure whether to swap the pre-order for this.

Looks brilliant, the Mafia series is brilliant as a whole.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2016, 12:40:02 pm »
I think this is out on Friday?

Not sure wether to buy this on PC or PS4? I can't decide  ;D

PC version all the way unless there are some major technical issues with it. Will be better looking (not that I really care about that), but will also be cheaper than the console version. Really interested in this, but will wait for the first reviews...

I really liked the first Mafia, but wasn't too fond of the second one and never finished it...

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2016, 10:05:39 pm »
ar man why do this to me, another one to add to the list.
choose Life.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2016, 10:10:35 pm »
Too many games coming to quickly again. Mafia 3 this Friday, Return to Arkham and Watchdogs 2 next month. Not enough time in the day to play them.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19 on: October 4, 2016, 02:00:18 am »
Too many games coming to quickly again. Mafia 3 this Friday, Return to Arkham and Watchdogs 2 next month. Not enough time in the day to play them.

Yep , never enough hours in the day..

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2016, 02:20:28 am »
Yep , never enough hours in the day..
and money, with gears of war 4 coming as well and crackdown in future I might have to try pick up a cheap xbox1 if any deals on black friday
choose Life.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2016, 02:31:57 am »
and money, with gears of war 4 coming as well and crackdown in future I might have to try pick up a cheap xbox1 if any deals on black friday

I'd just look for an xbox just for Forza 3  ;D

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2016, 04:09:15 am »
I'd just look for an xbox just for Forza 3  ;D
and that, good job xbox exclusives aren't as good as Sony to make me regret a ps4 tho.
choose Life.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2016, 04:10:47 am »
and that, good job xbox exclusives aren't as good as Sony to make me regret a ps4 tho.

Very true this  :)

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »
Any one played this? Review embargo until today which is never a good sign? I loved the first two.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 7, 2016, 06:08:34 pm »
Any one played this? Review embargo until today which is never a good sign? I loved the first two.

Spent a few hours on it last night and this morning, really good so far!
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Aussie_Red1980

• Kemlynite
« Reply #26 on: October 8, 2016, 07:10:54 am »
Spent a few hours on it last night and this morning, really good so far!

On PC?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #27 on: October 8, 2016, 09:26:21 am »
Bad port again?

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 8, 2016, 10:07:32 am »
Bad port again?

People are complaining about a 30-FPS-lock on PC, but there seems to be a patch incoming that unlocks 60 FPS and more. Haven't played it myself as I'm waiting for the reviews. Have only seen one so far and it said there are various technical issues with the game with crashes on all platforms...

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 8, 2016, 12:15:12 pm »
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #30 on: October 8, 2016, 02:55:49 pm »
From watching clips, reading some mid review reports it sounds as if the story writing,voice acting and the location are that of a 9/10+ game but the gameplay, graphics, AI (which is just appalling) are barely a 5/10 and looks like a mid cycle test as opposed to a released-to-the-public finished game with minor glitches.

If you're 2k you'd be looking at Hangar13 and thinking about a cull of their development team because it genuinely looks like it's cost this game a shot at becoming a big hitter.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2016, 03:01:01 pm by Chalky Boots »

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 8, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »
From watching clips, reading some mid review reports it sounds as if the story writing,voice acting and the location are that of a 9/10+ game but the gameplay, graphics, AI (which is just appalling) are barely a 5/10 and looks like a mid cycle test as opposed to a released-to-the-public finished game with minor glitches.

If you're 2k you'd be looking at Hangar13 and thinking about a cull of their development team because it genuinely looks like it's cost this game a shot at becoming a big hitter.

That's why I'll probably wait for a sale. The important parts seem to be well done, but I'm afraid that might be spoilt by technical issues or stupid AI. Have watched a bug-compilation and it looks pretty bad for the game. Then again, I have no idea how long it took to record that footage...

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2016, 09:54:37 pm »
That's why I'll probably wait for a sale. The important parts seem to be well done, but I'm afraid that might be spoilt by technical issues or stupid AI. Have watched a bug-compilation and it looks pretty bad for the game. Then again, I have no idea how long it took to record that footage...

Seen those, it really doesn't look good for the game. There's even some knocking about comparing some issues and then contrasting it to PS2 Era GTA physics and it shows Mafia 3 up horribly. I mean we're on 8th gen consoles so there's no excuse for such issues. I could forgive a bad port, Arkham Knight had a horrible one on PC but it was still a great game. The great stuff about this game could pretty much be watched on Youtube without having to spend a penny.

It's a shame really. Give the writing and the overall idea to a Rockstar or a NaughtyDog and I'm pretty sure this title would be on all the must buy lists of 2016 games.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 9, 2016, 12:41:38 am »
Sounds like a massive disappointment, ugly, full of bugs, locked frame rate and repetitive missions. I was really looking forward to this, shame.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 9, 2016, 01:48:42 am »
I reckon I could quite happily play this for the soundtrack alone

http://mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Mafia_III_Soundtrack

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 9, 2016, 07:33:31 am »
Played about an hour of it and it's great, not seen any bugs so far, the graphics around the city are a little underwhelming though.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 9, 2016, 12:52:05 pm »
Played about an hour of it and it's great, not seen any bugs so far, the graphics around the city are a little underwhelming though.

I'm about 4 hours in. Story is great, really enjoying it. Didn't play the first 2 to compare, but this reminds me of the Godfather game I had years back on my PSP.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 9, 2016, 02:54:54 pm »
I'm about 4 hours in. Story is great, really enjoying it. Didn't play the first 2 to compare, but this reminds me of the Godfather game I had years back on my PSP.

Played and loved the first two, especially the second, although shortish, it was a brilliant game.

This has pulled in a completely different direction but it's brilliant.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 9, 2016, 05:13:01 pm »
Played it for a day on PC.
Did not see any bugs and the framerate is not annoying at all.
But I agree the graphics are not great.
All games that I have seen since The Witcher 3 have suffered from "not being Witcher 3", though.
It is a nice game, but I fear it is going to be a bit repetitive.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 9, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
Played it for a day on PC.
Did not see any bugs and the framerate is not annoying at all.
But I agree the graphics are not great.
All games that I have seen since The Witcher 3 have suffered from "not being Witcher 3", though.
It is a nice game, but I fear it is going to be a bit repetitive.

For me, there just doesn't seem to be any vibrancy in the colour pallette. Even very early in the game during Mardi Gra, the glow of red and green ect just seems incredibly washed out and flat.