Author Topic: Uefa to hold hearing into Mamadou Sakho’s failed drug test for Liverpool  (Read 46873 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Would be bloody amazing if true. Also questionable why he was banned at all in the first place if it wasn't in the banned list.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
#freesakho  ;D

Also: LAWYERED
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Le Parisien says that the substance Sakho took was never on the banned list, which his legal team argued from the start. Apparently, he's been training twice a day with Liverpool pending the suspension being lifted. He's currently on holiday in Maldives and could fly back to France on Sunday, although it's thought he may not be selected for the French squad, since Deschamps earlier this morning replaced the injured Jeremy Mathieu with Umtiti
Possibly why he never disputed taking it. If it's not on the list he can't be banned for it.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
People online saying it will be a disgrace if Sakho is cleared, as it shows that football is soft on doping. 
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best

People like him and that Guardian writer Barney Ronay can piss off.
James Pearce will also be devastated. Poor little weasel.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This is great news.

Well maybe not for Kolo.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool Echo - I posted the story on page 5

Whoops sorry, thread's moving fast.

No one is saying they didn't deserve to win on that night. What everyone is saying is that we were robbed of our ACTUAL chances at the game.

I honestly don't give a shit if Toure was MOTM or not, one player in the team who is known to be a starter being taken out changes EVERYTHING.

Not to mention the massive morale damage it must have done to the team, and obviously did do to the fans.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Problem is, this has come too late. Deschamps has already called up Umtiti after Mathieu was injured and his squad is complete. Now, if Mama makes the squad, Deschamps has to send one back.

Would love it if he sends Koscielny packing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Deschamps spoke about his concerns with too many left footed CBs ... If he is swapped in will be for one of them rather than his only right footed one.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Suppose we can complain that he wasn't eligible for the Europa League final but Toure was excellent.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Wonder how the Twitter ITK's who had Sakho down as having his contract cancelled by the club a couple days ago are doing now?  :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People online saying it will be a disgrace if Sakho is cleared, as it shows that football is soft on doping. 

They almost certainly wouldn't be saying that if he played for their team.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is great news.

Well maybe not for Kolo.

Hopefully he'll still get a new contract, he's an experienced defender who I hope will eventually be a coach at the club once he retires.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
Brilliant news if true

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Deschamps spoke about his concerns with too many left footed CBs ... If he is swapped in will be for one of them rather than his only right footed one.

Possibly. Mangala can be the one then. Rami is surely the RCB in that team.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
And why the fuck does it matter what some retards say on Twitter seriously?
It doesn't.

In the same way that it doesn't matter what an idiot on an online forum says.

You might want to familiarise yourself with RAWK's guidelines on using that word by the way - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=75593.0#post_m
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
That's just double speak for he is not guilty but they need time to create an explanation that makes them not look like fools, and protect themselves legally...

Is the correct annswer.
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
UEFA has delayed a hearing regarding theLiverpool defender's failed drugs test and opted not to extend the provisional 30-day suspension issued last month.

The ECHO understands that Sakho's defence questioned whether the substance he had taken should even be on the prohibited list - leading to UEFA ordering their own disciplinary body to first investigate whether the substance should even be on the WADA list.

What does it mean by delayed .Does that mean if UEFA decides at a later date that the substance should be on a later date can again relaunch  the hearing and ban him ?

Really confusing this

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
Suppose we can complain that he wasn't eligible for the Europa League final but Toure was excellent.

How many league games did he miss? Can't remember.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
UEFA should give us a free player of our choice from any club.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Sakho is likely to explore his options, including a potential lawsuit against UEFA. - Sky

This is just speculation IMO. No one would want to ruffle more feathers against this obvious clusterfuck. I think he'd be just delighted to be in the Equipe de France again. If Deschamps picks him.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Whoops sorry, thread's moving fast.

Not to mention the massive morale damage it must have done to the team, and obviously did do to the fans.

Exactly, there's so many factors that come into play that saying it wouldn't have affected our chances is nonsense.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
UEFA should give us a free player of our choice from any club.
It'd be harsh on Leicester to not receive a fee for Drinkwater.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
fhen why the fuck did they ban him in the first place???

He wasn't banned in the first place. It was reported that a sample had shown banned substances and while the investigation was ongoing the club chose not to play him:

A Liverpool statement said: “Yesterday, a formal communication was received from Uefa stating that they are investigating a possible anti-doping rule violation by Mamadou Sakho. The player will respond to Uefa on the matter.

“The player is currently not subject to any playing suspension. However, the club, in consultation with the player, has decided that while this process is followed the player will not be available for selection for matches.”
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
What does it mean by delayed .Does that mean if UEFA decides at a later date that the substance should be on a later date can again relaunch  the hearing and ban him ?

Really confusing this
If they had the case they would never have allowed for his 30 day suspension to run out.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
He wasn't banned in the first place. It was reported that a sample had shown banned substances and while the investigation was ongoing the club chose not to play him:

A Liverpool statement said: “Yesterday, a formal communication was received from Uefa stating that they are investigating a possible anti-doping rule violation by Mamadou Sakho. The player will respond to Uefa on the matter.

“The player is currently not subject to any playing suspension. However, the club, in consultation with the player, has decided that while this process is followed the player will not be available for selection for matches.”

He did get a 30 day suspension shortly after.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
James Pearce will also be devastated. Poor little weasel.

What did PEarce say?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How many league games did he miss? Can't remember.

He was suspended on the morning of the Newcastle game, so he missed five games (three draws, one win and one loss).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

People online are idiots.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan

He was then banned for 30 days by UEFA, club never banned him
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
He did get a 30 day suspension shortly after.

Yeah - I know. Great news if he's cleared.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Chuffed for the lad.   

His defence all along was that it wasn't prohibited?  It sounds like a massive screw-up by UEFA.  Yet again. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure this is as cut and dried as everyone seems to think? The Echo article says "Sakho's defence questioned whether the substance he had taken should even be on the prohibited list" which implied that it WAS on the banned list, but it then goes on to suggest that UEFA are investigating whether or not it should have been on there, which is a separate matter. There could be an argument that it doesn't matter whether it should have been on the list - if it was, then you have broken the rules regardless.

They have also delayed his hearing, but from all the reports it appears as though it will still take place.

They haven't extended his provisional 30 day ban, which means he's free to play until the outcome of that hearing, but it doesn't necessarily say he's 100% cleared and the reports I've seen are a bit contradictory.

I'd fucking love it if he was cleared, but don't think anything is really concrete at this stage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:34:12 pm by holymoly »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?

No doubt many of these people hold anti-Liverpool feelings and wouldn't want any facts getting in the way of their confirmation bias.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
If he's cleared...

We should take their fines against us trade them for the pending legal case from us to UEFA and sue the absolute fuck out of them... And then when we win, get Sakho to set off a flare for the shits and giggles...

Bastards

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
This is mad! Great if it happens, but totally mad.

Also, this...
Would be bloody amazing if true. Also questionable why he was banned at all in the first place if it wasn't in the banned list.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
The Europa game is unfortunate. However, we had a 1-0 lead at half time and we squandered it with a terrible performance from the entire team in the second half of the final. It's horrible that we were without him due to this rather massive cock up but I think in the circumstances we should accept that we lost the final with good grace.

Beyond that, I'm absolutely delighted for Sakho and hope he gets the chance to represent his country in international competition within his own country - perhaps a once in a lifetime experience for him and the most important result in my opinion as of right now if no sanctions are forthcoming.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:39:02 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Brilliant news for Sakho and for us !  :scarf

This is either another example of massive incompetence or possibly corruption from UEFA .

Liverpool looking likely to get to a European final after knocking United out and then beating Dortmund ? Let's throw a spanner in the works...

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Uefa says decision will be made within next few days.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Uefa Statement:

The 30-day provisional suspension ends today. The chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body decided not to extend it. The player would thus be free to play as from tomorrow. A decision on the case will be made within the next few days.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
UEFA statement

'The 30-day provisional suspension ends today. The chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body decided not to extend it. The player would thus be free to play as from tomorrow. A decision on the case will be made within the next few days.'

So he's free to play for the next few days until they make a decision?! Odd.
Liverpool ist Rad!