Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 217495 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Brendan Rodgers- New Celtic manager
« Reply #1800 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »
The man is a class act. Never understood why Liverpool fans made it a personal vendetta to criticize everything he did.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticGoals/status/934835503739953152/video/1
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1801 on: November 26, 2017, 09:29:46 pm »
Well done Brendan Rodgers.

I adore Klopp, obviously, but I liked what this man did at Liverpool too. He produced the best football at the club since Evans but unaccountably went to pot in his last season.

really? I found far too much of it uninspiring and dour under him apart from the obvious few months and matches.  And the last season and few games he somehow came back for the season after was some of the absolute worst football I've ever seen under any manager. 

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1802 on: November 26, 2017, 10:01:11 pm »
I found far too much of it uninspiring and dour under him apart from the obvious few months and matches.

Those "obvious few months and matches" was probably (Istanbul aside) the most exciting time to be a Liverpool fan for nearly 30 years. But okay...

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: November 26, 2017, 10:03:15 pm »
really? I found far too much of it uninspiring and dour under him apart from the obvious few months and matches.  And the last season and few games he somehow came back for the season after was some of the absolute worst football I've ever seen under any manager.

Bit of an over-exaggeration. For most of a season and a half we saw some incredible attacking football. After that we do lose our touch of course and the football became a sideways passing fest.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1804 on: November 26, 2017, 10:06:57 pm »
I'll never forget 2013-14 and the excitement it brought, and will be forever grateful for it. It was probably some of the most exciting football we've played in a long time but to label it the most exciting in 30 odd years is a bit of a stretch. Sorry, I found Rafa's side of 06-09 far more exciting simply because of what it was capable of. Sure, we weren't popping in 4 or 5 goals every week but were always near the top, regulars in the Champions League, and were consistently beating the likes of Barcelona, Inter and Real Madrid as well.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1805 on: November 26, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »
I'll never forget 2013-14 and the excitement it brought, and will be forever grateful for it. It was probably some of the most exciting football we've played in a long time but to label it the most exciting in 30 odd years is a bit of a stretch. Sorry, I found Rafa's side of 06-09 far more exciting simply because of what it was capable of. Sure, we weren't popping in 4 or 5 goals every week but were always near the top, regulars in the Champions League, and were consistently beating the likes of Barcelona, Inter and Real Madrid as well.
[/quot

Truth is we were a cup team under Rafa, he backed it up with trophies but he never got close to winning what would be the most important one for me.

The season under Brendan was special, I never looked forward to football as much or as been as emotionally involved in the team.  I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: November 26, 2017, 10:33:28 pm »

Including the period of 14 games where we started to dominate teams again, with Sterling in front of Coutinho and Lallana, and Can bringing the ball out from the back?

You're having a laugh, right?

From January 2013, when Sturridge and Coutinho signed, to May 2014, we played fantastic football, domestically.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1807 on: November 26, 2017, 10:37:13 pm »
No, I chose the word quite carefully. Rafa had a very fine team after he won the Champions League and added Reina, Agger, Arebola, Yossi and Torres to the squad. It culminated in the second best Liverpool side I've seen since the 1980s. Then he wantonly destroyed it by getting rid of Alonso. That last season with Alonso in the team almost the league as you know.

But it wasn't actually as good a team as the one that almost won the league under Rodgers. That was a side that routinely blew others away and had often wrapped up games before half time.

Firstly Rafa never wantonly got rid of Alonso. In 2007/08 was a squad player for Spain the well deserved kick up the arse he got from Rafa transformed his career.

Secondly Rafa was competing in a League were English teams were the dominate force in European Football.

As for blowing teams away both teams had an exceptional spell but for me Rafa's team was against far higher calibre opposition.

The biggest thing though is that we brought in Rafa as a double La Liga winner and European competition winner. Rodgers shouldn't of been within a million miles of a Club of the stature of Liverpool when we brought him in. He is a talented coach and for me will end up having a really good career at the top level but he shouldn't of been learning on the job at Liverpool.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: November 26, 2017, 10:38:20 pm »

Truth is we were a cup team under Rafa, he backed it up with trophies but he never got close to winning what would be the most important one for me.

The season under Brendan was special, I never looked forward to football as much or as been as emotionally involved in the team.  I have a huge amount of respect for him.

Would that be apart from the time he did come close to winning it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: November 26, 2017, 10:39:05 pm »
Congrats Brendan.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1810 on: November 26, 2017, 10:52:27 pm »
Firstly Rafa never wantonly got rid of Alonso. In 2007/08 was a squad player for Spain the well deserved kick up the arse he got from Rafa transformed his career.

Secondly Rafa was competing in a League were English teams were the dominate force in European Football.

As for blowing teams away both teams had an exceptional spell but for me Rafa's team was against far higher calibre opposition.

The biggest thing though is that we brought in Rafa as a double La Liga winner and European competition winner. Rodgers shouldn't of been within a million miles of a Club of the stature of Liverpool when we brought him in. He is a talented coach and for me will end up having a really good career at the top level but he shouldn't of been learning on the job at Liverpool.

I dislike these arguments about old managers. They’re usually fruitless. I’ll say this though. For a manger “who shouldn’t have within a million miles of the club” this no-hoper, faker, pretender (whatever you call someone like that) did remarkably well getting closer to winning the Title than any Liverpool manager since we last lifted the bloody thing.

I quite liked us scoring over 100 league goals too, I must say!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: November 26, 2017, 10:54:27 pm »
I dislike these arguments about old managers. They’re usually fruitless. I’ll say this though. For a manger “who shouldn’t have within a million miles of the club” this no-hoper, faker, pretender (whatever you call someone like that) did remarkably well getting closer to winning the Title than any Liverpool manager since we last lifted the bloody thing.

And to be fair, if the team that DID win it didn't also score over 100 goals, we might have actually won it too :D

I don't think there's ever been a post war season were the top two teams in England both scored over 100 goals?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1812 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »
And to be fair, if the team that DID win it didn't also score over 100 goals, we might have actually won it too :D

I don't think there's ever been a post war season were the top two teams in England both scored over 100 goals?

I doubt it. These were two magnificent teams playing outrageous footy at times.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: November 26, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »
I doubt it. These were two magnificent teams playing outrageous footy at times.

Yep. Almost every Liverpool manager has had a season that us supporters could absolutely LOVE - Kenny in 1987-88, Evans 96-97, Ged 2000-2001, Rafa 04-05 (and 08-09) and Rodgers 13-14. I think we're yet to see Klopp's "much-loved season", although getting to the Europa league final with that semi-final comeback was something else, I think we'll see something bigger than that soon.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #1814 on: November 26, 2017, 11:47:40 pm »
Think it's time he moved onto a bigger and better league after this season were there is more than one challenger for the league. From what i've seen of them, he's got them playing good football but I reckon I could play a few games against those sides Celtic face week in week out. He's basically on amateur mode in that league, I would like to see him move on and really test himself because let's be honest it's like Liverpool playing in the J.D Welsh premier league..

Overall think they are still the same old poor Celtic side that dominate their league which is expected but they get absolutely embarrassed in Europe year after year, think that says everything you need to know about how 'good' they really are, hell Ronny Delia done the double before he arrived.

He's a good young coach but he really needs to ditch Scottish football because a manger of his talent is wasted their. I for one would love to see how far he has come as a manager cause what he is doing with Celtic now doesn't tell me anything about how much he has learned since Liverpool, he's got it easy pure and simple.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: November 26, 2017, 11:53:15 pm »
Think it's time he moved onto a bigger and better league after this season were there is more than one challenger for the league. From what i've seen of them, he's got them playing good football but I reckon I could play a few games against those sides Celtic face week in week out. He's basically on amateur mode in that league, I would like to see him move on and really test himself because let's be honest it's like Liverpool playing in the J.D Welsh premier league..

Overall think they are still the same old poor Celtic side that dominate their league which is expected but they get absolutely embarrassed in Europe year after year, think that says everything you need to know about how 'good' they really are, hell Ronny Delia done the double before he arrived.

He's a good young coach but he really needs to ditch Scottish football because a manger of his talent is wasted their. I for one would love to see how far he has come as a manager cause what he is doing with Celtic now doesn't tell me anything about how much he has learned since Liverpool, he's got it easy pure and simple.

He doesn't want to leave Celtic. This isn't about "winning" for him - it's about doing something that would have made his dad proud, who was a Celtic man. He'll leave when he's left an indelible mark on Celtic's history, whether that's winning a Europa League (there's no way he's winning the CL with Celtic :D), or getting them to that 10-in-a-row they crave. He's already done an invincible treble, and got the Scottish unbeaten record. It's not about "career" for Rodgers now, or ambition - it's about making a mark, and doing it in a certain style. When he completes that, he'll leave, I bet.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: November 27, 2017, 12:39:06 am »
He's a class act. So close to being a Premier League winner, gutted. Wonder if things would have gone differently had those 2 nightmare summer transfer windows not gone the way they did.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1817 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:20 am »
Nothing but respect for Rodgers. Came closer than anyone to finally winning us the league again, played some brilliant stuff at times. It was right for him and us to move on though.

Would like to see him back in this league one day. I think outside of Liverpool supporters (even inside to some extent) he is very underrated. Could do wonders with the right Premier League club.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: November 27, 2017, 01:38:37 am »
He should go to Spain after Celtic.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: November 27, 2017, 04:56:29 am »
He should go to Spain after Celtic.
He'd be successful anywhere if he can recognize what he is good at (coaching, improving players, setting teams up to play attacking football) and what he is bad at (transfers, squad building, poor judge of a player). Needs to surround himself with the right people who complement his skills rather than fighting for autocratic rule. Can see him doing very well working under a shrewd Dof if his ego allows it.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1820 on: November 27, 2017, 09:29:27 am »
The sooner he gets out of Scotland and back into a top league, the better. I'm sure quite a few clubs would take a punt on him as well. Not that Pochettino is going anywhere, but Tottenham would be the perfect club for him. I reckon they'd be perfect for each other.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1821 on: November 27, 2017, 09:33:19 am »
Well done. Probably his level too. He can stay there and be a legend.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: November 27, 2017, 10:31:46 am »
Well done. Probably his level too. He can stay there and be a legend.

Probably his level? That's a real backhanded compliment.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:57 am »
He has certain limitations as a manager and at times his slightly pompous, Brent-ian style of communication really grated on me, but there's no denying that he's doing really well at Celtic and I hope that he'll try to prove himself again soon against a higher level of competition. If he's self aware enough to realise that he needs to work on developing players and not getting directly involved in recruitment he definitely has every chance to be successful again in the PL.

Also, just saw the scene with him giving the medal to the young fan yesterday. Hats off to him, fantastic gesture, it must've been an unbelievable moment for that girl.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: November 27, 2017, 03:15:26 pm »
He'd be successful anywhere if he can recognize what he is good at (coaching, improving players, setting teams up to play attacking football) and what he is bad at (transfers, squad building, poor judge of a player). Needs to surround himself with the right people who complement his skills rather than fighting for autocratic rule. Can see him doing very well working under a shrewd Dof if his ego allows it.

Anyone know what the setup at Celtic is? Dembele, Sinclair and Ntcham have all been very good signings for Brendan and Celtic.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: November 27, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »
Probably his level? That's a real backhanded compliment.

Yeah, it’s only Scotland after all  ::)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: November 27, 2017, 03:45:34 pm »
Anyone know what the setup at Celtic is? Dembele, Sinclair and Ntcham have all been very good signings for Brendan and Celtic.

Brendan goes in and says "Gis this fitba player and that fitba player, or I'll gie ye the malky, ya pash melts", and then the board says "That's us telt" and he gets his players. :D

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: November 27, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »

There is a head of recruitment who oversees all the scouting network and player recruitment. Rodgers will have final say.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:09 pm »
Brendan goes in and says "Gis this fitba player and that fitba player, or I'll gie ye the malky, ya pash melts", and then the board says "That's us telt" and he gets his players. :D

Nice to see you back, PoP.   ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: November 27, 2017, 04:12:46 pm »
Nice to see you back, PoP.   ;D

Very much so.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1830 on: November 27, 2017, 04:26:38 pm »
The man is a class act. Never understood why Liverpool fans made it a personal vendetta to criticize everything he did.

The word 'some' might be helpful there.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: November 27, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »
The word 'some' might be helpful there.

True enough. It wasn't meant to be all-inclusive.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1832 on: November 27, 2017, 05:00:17 pm »

He shouldn't of got within a million miles of the Club because he simply wasn't ready.

He is clearly a talented coach and yes he did come very close to winning us the title playing some great football. The thing is though that what you need to manage a massive Club is the experience and nous to turn things around when you have a blip. The experience and nous to get everyone together and pushing in the same direction.

For me it was nuts to end up with a short list of Rodgers and Bobby Brown shoes and even crazier not to put in place a system that gave Rodgers every chance of being successful.

As I say I think he is a really good coach but for me it was the wrong club at the wrong stage of his career.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1833 on: November 27, 2017, 05:02:42 pm »
He shouldn't of got within a million miles of the Club because he simply wasn't ready.

He is clearly a talented coach and yes he did come very close to winning us the title playing some great football. The thing is though that what you need to manage a massive Club is the experience and nous to turn things around when you have a blip. The experience and nous to get everyone together and pushing in the same direction.

For me it was nuts to end up with a short list of Rodgers and Bobby Brown shoes and even crazier not to put in place a system that gave Rodgers every chance of being successful.

As I say I think he is a really good coach but for me it was the wrong club at the wrong stage of his career.

I'm beginning to think we're not the right club for anyone, though, Al. Not because of the support or the culture or the history, but because we seem to have the "American" need to complicate simple things for the sake of complicating them. Even with Jurgen Klopp here, we still find a way to mess up simple processes, like bringing in a defender who wants to sign for us, for example.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1834 on: November 27, 2017, 05:17:42 pm »
I'm beginning to think we're not the right club for anyone, though, Al. Not because of the support or the culture or the history, but because we seem to have the "American" need to complicate simple things for the sake of complicating them. Even with Jurgen Klopp here, we still find a way to mess up simple processes, like bringing in a defender who wants to sign for us, for example.

I think it all stems from being a business first and a Football Club second.

Rodgers and Klopp have incredibly clear, well defined ways of wanting to play the game. To be successful they need players with attributes that match that style of play. From a Football perspective that is obvious but as you say we then complicate things by trying to justify things from a business perspective.

We recruit coaches with a clear vision and then look to blur that vision by not giving them the players they need.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »

That one was on Klopp to be honest, nothing to do with americans. Klopp should have been more careful when he met VVD. Southampton blocked the move, and we weren't allowed to bid unless they give us a signal, which they didn't.

You seem to rate Rodgers more than most people. No doubt he's a good coach, but for me, he's similar to Redknapp. What Bale was for Redknapp (finished twice in the top4 thanks to Bale) , Suarez was for Rodgers. I'm not doing a comparison to insult him, because although people dislike Redknapp, he's a good coach with average record.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:39:24 pm by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1836 on: November 27, 2017, 05:39:49 pm »
That one was on Klopp to be honest, nothing to do with americans. Klopp should have been more careful when he met VVD. Southampton blocked the move, and we weren't allowed to bid unless they give us a signal, which they didn't.

You seem to rate Rodgers more than most people. No doubt he's a good coach, but for me, he's similar to Redknapp. What Bale was for Redknapp (finished twice in the top4 thanks to Bale) , Suarez was for Rodgers.

Redknapp, with his one trophy in 30 years of management? Really?

Bale is to Redknapp,
what Suarez was to Rodgers
what Messi was to Guardiola
what Gerrard was to Rafa
what Lampard was to Mourinho
what Ronaldo is to Zidane/every other Madrid manager
what Vardy was to Ranieri

There hasn't been a successful manager on the planet, in history, who didn't have one or two figurehead players. Especially in the attack, where figurehead players are important.

That's just a very lazy analysis, mate. Sorry.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1837 on: November 27, 2017, 05:40:43 pm »

No one knew about the meeting though it only came to light when we went to the media and said VVD favoured a move to us. I guess it was Rodgers fault that the Dempsey deal collapsed after an arm of FSG posted news that we had signed him.

You seem to rate Rodgers more than most people. No doubt he's a good coach, but for me, he's similar to Redknapp. What Bale was for Redknapp (finished twice in the top4 thanks to Bale) , Suarez was for Rodgers.

How do you explain his success at Swansea and Celtic then ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: November 27, 2017, 06:14:32 pm »
Redknapp, with his one trophy in 30 years of management? Really?

Bale is to Redknapp,
what Suarez was to Rodgers
what Messi was to Guardiola
what Gerrard was to Rafa
what Lampard was to Mourinho
what Ronaldo is to Zidane/every other Madrid manager
what Vardy was to Ranieri

There hasn't been a successful manager on the planet, in history, who didn't have one or two figurehead players. Especially in the attack, where figurehead players are important.

That's just a very lazy analysis, mate. Sorry.

I'm not giving analysis, just opinions.
Redknapp would walk the Scottish League too and fill the cabinet with trophies. Trust me, they are very alike. Redknapp in fact has more significant trophies under his belt.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1839 on: November 27, 2017, 06:16:22 pm »
I'm not giving analysis, just opinions.
Redknapp would walk the Scottish League too and fill the cabinet with trophies. Trust me, they are very alike. Redknapp in fact has more significant trophies under his belt.

Go on.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.