Poll

Well - scroungers or the bestest peoplers EVER! You decide!

Keep them (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
64 (13.3%)
Keep them (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
39 (8.1%)
Bin them  (I Live in the North of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Cornwall)
151 (31.5%)
Bin them  (I live elsewhere in the UK - probably the South or Midlands)
83 (17.3%)
Keep them (I'm not from the UK)
26 (5.4%)
Bin them (I'm not from the UK)
76 (15.8%)
More cheese, Gromit?
41 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 480

Author Topic: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?  (Read 56019 times)

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Should the UK keep the Royal Family?
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:27 pm »
Well. Think that'll all blow over now after that convincing performance.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2019, 11:14:57 pm »
I'm just glad that he has now regained the ability to sweat. Was a bit worried there.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2019, 11:27:53 pm »
I’d stay away from tunnels for a while if I were him.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2019, 11:50:45 pm »
I’d stay away from tunnels for a while if I were him.
and france

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: November 17, 2019, 04:50:04 am »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #367 on: November 17, 2019, 10:55:57 am »
I don't know what you're all talking about, I was very convinced.

Mind you, I haven't sweated since I had a near death experience falling off my bike in 1987 and cut my knee (though I recently have been cured), and I certainly remember the date of every occasion I go to a generic pizza place, especially when they don't coincide with family member's birthdays.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: November 17, 2019, 12:00:45 pm »
Absolute car crash TV, amazing anyone in the royal household thought that was a good idea (Pizza Express, Can't sweat, Stayed at Epstein's home for 4 days because it was convenient) Omnishambles is the word that springs to mind.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: November 17, 2019, 12:21:53 pm »
Absolute car crash TV, amazing anyone in the royal household thought that was a good idea (Pizza Express, Can't sweat, Stayed at Epstein's home for 4 days because it was convenient) Omnishambles is the word that springs to mind.
the Jacob Rees Mogg of the royal family

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2019, 12:28:25 pm »
You'd think with all his money and contacts the sweaty prick would at least have hired a decent PR team to prepare for that interview.

His body language and responses were a car crash that even the Duke would be proud of.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2019, 12:31:13 pm »
You'd think with all his money and contacts the sweaty prick would at least have hired a decent PR team to prepare for that interview.

His body language and responses were a car crash that even the Duke would be proud of.
when you are thick no amount of experts can help

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #372 on: November 17, 2019, 12:37:07 pm »
What was he thinking though? A nice gentle interview with the BBC would nip this in the bud and stop people talking about it but he’s just made things a lot more uncomfortable for himself. Imagine having all that time to prepare and the only defence is “I don’t recall”.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: November 17, 2019, 01:02:33 pm »
Extraordinary interview. How badly can someone be advised? Or maybe how arrogant and ignorant can you be to ignore your advice/pr team. Who knows

The biggest thing of that hour though was his refusal to show any remorse for his relationship with a convicted sex offender, simply because he made some good business contacts out of it. Fucking horrible man
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2019, 01:07:50 pm »
Extraordinary interview. How badly can someone be advised? Or maybe how arrogant and ignorant can you be to ignore your advice/pr team. Who knows

The biggest thing of that hour though was his refusal to show any remorse for his relationship with a convicted sex offender, simply because he made some good business contacts out of it. Fucking horrible man

Honourable ;)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #375 on: November 17, 2019, 01:12:42 pm »
Mo...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #376 on: November 17, 2019, 01:38:34 pm »
Not sure I've ever watched anything as damning as that interview. And it's telling that he categorically denied sleeping with the girl but never once denied meeting her. The "I don't recall" defence suggests to me that he knows there's definitive proof they met which will come out in due course. He's obviously looking to avoid a "Clintonesque" binary statement that could fuck him up later.

100% guilty. Right down to the obvious tells, like focusing on irrelevant detail such as how many times he visited palm beach while completely ignoring the massage allegations.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2019, 01:41:50 pm »
A very simple answer surely?

I didn’t have sex with her.

‘ I don’t even recall meeting her’ might be fair enough, you don’t remember everyone you’ve met.   

But you’d remember having or not having sex with her.

An unequivocal answer on this should be absolutely simple.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2019, 02:49:45 pm »
Maybe hes geneuinely had so many partners he actually doesn't remember them?

Afterall this is a guy that was banging Fergie and inevitably had to make up for it  :D

Then that would have to be an extraordinary number of women/girls on the Hugh Heffner scale and a real thick c*nt who can't remember (probably qualifies for the latter).
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #379 on: November 17, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »
A very simple answer surely?

I didn’t have sex with her.

‘ I don’t even recall meeting her’ might be fair enough, you don’t remember everyone you’ve met.   

But you’d remember having or not having sex with her.

An unequivocal answer on this should be absolutely simple.

Unless you’ve had tons of sex with loads of field of a similar age so it’s difficult to pinpoint one.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 17, 2019, 03:34:40 pm »
But how can he not remember ever meeting her, not remember the photo being taken, but specifically remember not having sex with her. That simply doesn't work.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:27 pm »
Quite a lot of his awkwardness will come from him never imagining being in a chair being grilled in that sort of way. We're on very dicey ground when it comes to talking about what he might or might not have done so I wont even go there. But just broadly speaking it seems clear that he's in a state of confusion and shock that he even has to answer questions about such a topic for the public to see. A Royal, being held to account in such a way?

His excuses are beyond laughable, his contradictions plenty, his demeanour reeked of desperation and I think he knows that in the near future more is going to come out.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #382 on: November 17, 2019, 04:51:17 pm »

His PR guy resigned a couple of weeks ago.

I think we now know why.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #383 on: November 17, 2019, 06:15:30 pm »
An elected president will not hold position for life by virtue of birth. I’ve said it before, the same line of thinking that gives us royalty also gives us racism.

What a stupid comment the two biggest racists in the world right now are the president of the USA and the fat oaf currently squatting in number 10,

preferring a royal head of state with no real power to a system that gives you a twat like Trump wrecking everything around him has got fuck all to do with racism and it sure as hell does not make any royalists racists.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2019, 06:19:03 pm »
What a stupid comment the two biggest racists in the world right now are the president of the USA and the fat oaf currently squatting in number 10,

preferring a royal head of state with no real power to a system that gives you a twat like Trump wrecking everything around him has got fuck all to do with racism and it sure as hell does not make any royalists racists.

Geoff, why are you assuming that there are only 2 options? We can keep the current parliamentary system with a prime minister, just replace the royal family with a head of state that doesn't get to have the job for life and doesn't get to have in on the basis of their family connections. Whoever suggested ripping up the whole system and implementing the American presidential system?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 17, 2019, 06:19:53 pm »
But how can he not remember ever meeting her, not remember the photo being taken, but specifically remember not having sex with her. That simply doesn't work.
if he’s shagged a lot of women I wouldn’t be shocked if he forgets a good few

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 17, 2019, 06:29:30 pm »
if he’s shagged a lot of women I wouldn’t be shocked if he forgets a good few

But the last point is the important one. If he shagged so many women he's forgotten them then surely he can't definitively say he didn't shag her. He's clear and specific on the one point and conveniently vague on the other. Load of shite.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 17, 2019, 06:38:49 pm »
Geoff, why are you assuming that there are only 2 options? We can keep the current parliamentary system with a prime minister, just replace the royal family with a head of state that doesn't get to have the job for life and doesn't get to have in on the basis of their family connections. Whoever suggested ripping up the whole system and implementing the American presidential system?

Well if you get rid of the royal head of state it becomes a republic, now me personally would not like to see a republic given how unstable quite a few of them have been throughout my life:

Then we come to the other factor, although i think all the hanger ons the aunts cousins, etc we should not be paying for at all,  you have to temper that with how much money they bring into the economy, funnily americans come here in droves fill up our hotels especially in London buy tickets for the shows in the west end etc essentially they do that because of our royal history and the fact that we still have a monarch with all its pomp.

Would they be so keen to come if there was some joe bloggs temporarily installed in Buck House for three years then maybe a jenny blogs?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2019, 06:47:31 pm »
I don't know, I feel like the pyramids didn't stop getting tourists once the pharoahs stopped ruling.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2019, 06:52:34 pm »
Well if you get rid of the royal head of state it becomes a republic, now me personally would not like to see a republic given how unstable quite a few of them have been throughout my life:

Then we come to the other factor, although i think all the hanger ons the aunts cousins, etc we should not be paying for at all,  you have to temper that with how much money they bring into the economy, funnily americans come here in droves fill up our hotels especially in London buy tickets for the shows in the west end etc essentially they do that because of our royal history and the fact that we still have a monarch with all its pomp.

Would they be so keen to come if there was some joe bloggs temporarily installed in Buck House for three years then maybe a jenny blogs?

Which republics are you talking about? I'm sure I could think up many banana monarchies as well that aren't very stable.

Do you know what brings in more tourists than Buckingham Palace? The Palace of Versailles.

The Irish system seems to work quite well, a ceremonial head of state that doesn't getinvolved in politics and everyone seems to like.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: November 17, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »
But the last point is the important one. If he shagged so many women he's forgotten them then surely he can't definitively say he didn't shag her. He's clear and specific on the one point and conveniently vague on the other. Load of shite.

good point

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 17, 2019, 06:55:45 pm »

Versailles gets far more visitors.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 17, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
Which republics are you talking about? I'm sure I could think up many banana monarchies as well that aren't very stable.

Do you know what brings in more tourists than Buckingham Palace? The Palace of Versailles.

The Irish system seems to work quite well, a ceremonial head of state that doesn't getinvolved in politics and everyone seems to like.

Ah but Buck house is only one we have Windsor as well in the london area and Sandringham, Balmoral,for example  in the end it will never happen, no politician in power would coutenence suggesting it as a serious proposal: Not even Marxists

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2019, 07:00:12 pm »
Ah but Buck house is only one we have Windsor as well in the london area and Sandringham, Balmoral,for example  in the end it will never happen, no politician in power would coutenence suggesting it as a serious proposal: Not even Marxists

Balmoral gets fuck all tourists (I grew up very near it).

You can add the Louvre to France's list, plus no doubt many others I don't know about.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #394 on: November 17, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
Absolute car crash TV, amazing anyone in the royal household thought that was a good idea (Pizza Express, Can't sweat, Stayed at Epstein's home for 4 days because it was convenient) cheap Omnishambles is the word that springs to mind.

Obviously saving money as he's a grade A sponger.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2019, 07:07:07 pm »
Balmoral gets fuck all tourists (I grew up very near it).

You can add the Louvre to France's list, plus no doubt many others I don't know about.

The Louvre is an art gallery. Compare Versailles to Hampton Court or the Tower of London.

At least the Tower has a bit of blood and guts history, Buck house looks like a faded country hotel.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: November 17, 2019, 07:12:50 pm »
The Louvre is an art gallery. Compare Versailles to Hampton Court or the Tower of London.

At least the Tower has a bit of blood and guts history, Buck house looks like a faded country hotel.

I know but it used to be a royal palace. Turn Buckingham Palace into an Art Gallery and you could probably get way more than it currently does.

Without the Royals living in it, you could open up the whole building to tourists.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #398 on: November 17, 2019, 07:19:14 pm »
I know but it used to be a royal palace. Turn Buckingham Palace into an Art Gallery and you could probably get way more than it currently does.

Without the Royals living in it, you could open up the whole building to tourists.

It would make a cracking Wetherspoons or Sports Direct.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 17, 2019, 07:49:49 pm »
There's only one way to settle it, Get the lying gobshite on the Jerry Springer show      :P