Author Topic: Europa Final  (Read 176660 times)

Offline pompeyred

• lock up your bins
  • Anny Roader
  • NO PEACE TILL JUSTICE IS DONE JUSTICE FOR THE 97
Re: Europa Final
« Reply #1320 on: May 15, 2016, 07:19:41 pm »
£700 for a ticket, some people have more money than sense. I paid for all 7 homes for half that price
Not if your a wool mate, from pompey its 70 quid fuel match ticket plus food and drink and a day lost at work say 250 qiud per game. So do see the sence in it ......
SOS Member #6283

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: May 15, 2016, 08:21:12 pm »
Any Reds passing through Luzern en route, the Anfield Pub is absolutely ace. Good people
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Sambirken

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1322 on: May 15, 2016, 08:30:28 pm »
I think this is the campsite i put on?
If so heres the link http://www.camping-kaiseraugst.ch/en/ its worth reserving a pitch as a back up,if you email Lynne the American lady she will reserve you a spot and you dont have to pay until arrival.Theres a train for £4 from the airport that drops you a few hundred metres from the site and its only a 15min tram ride to the stadium.Last tram back after the match is 12.20am and they start again about 04.30 if the party goes on.Im going with my son,weve got a two man tent,airbeds and sleeping bags in a carry on size cabin bag and were using the other for clothes.Also taking a small stove to save on the extortianate food prices.Theres a Coop and LIDL as well as a Maccy Ds within walking distance as well!Filling a back pack with beers to take to the square pre match,should work out relativelly cheap overall.

I'll be staying there too on wed. Will bring a crate in the car!

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1323 on: May 15, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
Anyone know the route to get from the airport to city centre? Flying in on Wednesday morning.
bus outside terminal building to main station - it's free if you've got a hotel booking

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1324 on: May 15, 2016, 08:54:56 pm »
Which car hire company is best for crossing borders from Italy into France and Switzerland?I just tried 1 company and they wont allow cross borders.

Thanks
we booked through DoyouItaly - Goldcar is the company - 40 euros to take it the France or Switzerland

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1325 on: May 15, 2016, 09:00:53 pm »
Do they always charge extra to go into other countries? We'd had hire cars for Bordeaux, Sion, Dortmund but never knew! In fact, going back to Geneva airport the sat nav took us into France to fill up as it was the nearest!! :)

Got another booked from Stuttgart on Tuesday too, to drive to Basel and back....
you should ask about this at the desk - it's all about insurance -it costs extra if you cross borders (if they allow it ,some don't - the ordinary insurance won't always cover you in another country

Ps thank Liz for letting us in in front of you in the Jam on the M6 today - did wave but you didn't recognise us

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: May 15, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »
I fly into Geneva and land around 1100. I'll hopefully be getting the train from Geneva airport to Basel around 1205 and I think we have to transfer in Bern for Basel.

Im flying in to Geneva Tuesday night. But my trains early the next morning from Genevas main station.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #1327 on: May 15, 2016, 09:18:17 pm »
we booked through DoyouItaly - Goldcar is the company - 40 euros to take it the France or Switzerland
All sorted now. 👍

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1328 on: May 15, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »
you should ask about this at the desk - it's all about insurance -it costs extra if you cross borders (if they allow it ,some don't - the ordinary insurance won't always cover you in another country

Ps thank Liz for letting us in in front of you in the Jam on the M6 today - did wave but you didn't recognise us
In the white car?? We saw people waving but we thought it was aimed at the car in the third lane next to us! :D

Neil has booked our car so he probably will have. How do they know though? With open border crossings..?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:45:51 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1329 on: May 15, 2016, 10:36:37 pm »
2 of us no tickets

driving to Heathrow from Liverpool Tuesday night.
Heathrow 0730 - Geneva and driving from there (hire car sorted)
Flying back Geneva 0730 - LHR thursday morning.

Flights £130
Car hire £60
Fuel £100ish each.

If anyone needs a lift to/from Geneva let us know.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1330 on: May 15, 2016, 11:10:57 pm »
In the white car?? We saw people waving but we thought it was aimed at the car in the third lane next to us! :D

Neil has booked our car so he probably will have. How do they know though? With open border crossings..?
yes - white Citroën.  They  don't know you've taken if abroad unless you have an accident so you could just risk it

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1331 on: May 16, 2016, 02:01:52 am »
Ok, cheers. Like I said, Neil might have checked it out already. We drove from Amsterdam to Dortmund last time.  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #1332 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:19 am »
We going by road, got a camper van for me uncle n his wheelchair.. Liverpool, Dover, calais, Basel, tomorrow night were leaving..
@sevvyparklee

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #1333 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22:36 am »
We're going Heathrow to Geneva with BA (thank god for my air miles) on Wednesday morning at 6:50am. Train from Geneva around 12 and arrive into Basel around 3pm. Staying in the Ibis by the airport. 10am train back to Geneva on Thursday for a 3:15pm flight back to Heathrow.

Looking forward to it now.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #1334 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:04 am »
Sound,me and my son too,what day are you going/returning?

We wont be there til 7am on wednesday, leaving thursday afternoon.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: May 16, 2016, 09:16:06 am »
Cant F***** wait!

Last time in 2014 we had a great time in Basel...One of the best Euro aways. Im wondering it those Basel knobs will turn up again!? This time I guess not due to our sheer numbers. Paddy Reillys for me tomorrow night and a good Indian!

EDIT... Anyone driving into Switzerland... There is a fee of about 40-50 Swiss Francs.

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #1336 on: May 16, 2016, 09:27:11 am »
Anyone flying out on the vueling airlines flights on wed morning that got put on late?

The day trip companies are advising that buses will be put on to and from the airport but not sure if this will be ticketed or whether the likes of me will be entitled to this transport? Return flight not until 0715 in the morning
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline Yorkshire Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #1337 on: May 16, 2016, 10:22:32 am »
Any news on if there's transport back to Mulhouse after the match? Deciding whether to pre-book a taxi.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:57 am »
Probably been asked already but what currency are people taking? I'm only going for the day and meeting a mate over there, he's going a different way and staying in Mulhouse so we'll probably go for a few round there before making our way to Basel. Am I just best getting Euros? Been to Basel before and used Francs but apparently a lot of places there take Euros so don't know if I'm just best with them.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: May 16, 2016, 10:41:09 am »
It's been posted by a few people that Euros are accepted but you'll lose out on the exchange rate as they take them 1 franc = 1 euro and the exchange rate is 0.9 or something, so it'll cost you .10 (cents?) extra.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: May 16, 2016, 10:57:04 am »
It's been posted by a few people that Euros are accepted but you'll lose out on the exchange rate as they take them 1 franc = 1 euro and the exchange rate is 0.9 or something, so it'll cost you .10 (cents?) extra.

Thanks Claire. I think I'll just get a bit of both currencies just in case.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: May 16, 2016, 11:26:44 am »

EDIT... Anyone driving into Switzerland... There is a fee of about 40-50 Swiss Francs.

Cheers for this. Wasn't aware. Any idea if can just pay by card or is it cash only?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: May 16, 2016, 11:56:08 am »
start the journey to Mulhouse/Basel in about 15 hours cab to Manny Airport before flying to brussels then onto frankfurt and train from there back via frankfurt and Copenhagen bring it on

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1344 on: May 16, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »
Anyone know about parking in Basle picking up a hire car in Geneva airport Wednesday morning.Thanks in advance.
Kenny Godglish

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1345 on: May 16, 2016, 12:19:58 pm »
Anyone know about parking in Basle picking up a hire car in Geneva airport Wednesday morning.Thanks in advance.

Would also like to know this

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1346 on: May 16, 2016, 12:30:53 pm »
Is anybody staying in Bad Sackingen? Arranged any transport to Basel, or want to sort with us.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:11 pm »
Lad I work with has just come back from Basel. He spoke to a few Basel fans, "Are you ready for the invasion next week?" he asked them. "Invasion? they only have 9000 tickets each!"  He then explained he expected at least 35000 reds would arrive. "Their fucking gobs dropped!" he said.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1349 on: May 16, 2016, 01:02:15 pm »
Lad I work with has just come back from Basel. He spoke to a few Basel fans, "Are you ready for the invasion next week?" he asked them. "Invasion? they only have 9000 tickets each!"  He then explained he expected at least 35000 reds would arrive. "Their fucking gobs dropped!" he said.

Quality  ;D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: May 16, 2016, 01:04:26 pm »
Is anybody staying in Bad Sackingen? Arranged any transport to Basel, or want to sort with us.

Thought Kenny was a Bad Sackingen.  A bit of a worry cos he finished 8th and got to two cup finals just like Klopp, lets hope we don't make another Bad Sackingen.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: May 16, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »
Does anyone have any idea how arsey they will be about train ticket times? I've got my return from Zurich sorted but are the times set in stone? If there's any hold up in the airport etc I don't want to be forking out for another one.

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #1352 on: May 16, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »
Does anyone have any idea how arsey they will be about train ticket times? I've got my return from Zurich sorted but are the times set in stone? If there's any hold up in the airport etc I don't want to be forking out for another one.

We're the other way around. Land in Geneva at 9:30am and booked a midday train just in case we're delayed getting there. Could be ready to get on the 10:30am or 11am one though.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: May 16, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
Let me just say that it has been a honor and a privileged being apart of the RAWK community for these last few years.

Not sure if I'll get tickets yet (we'll see how quick the viagogo tickets drop...lol), but crossing the pond today for a Tuesday morning arrival in Basel. First time to any reds event, so quite excited!!! 

I'm AirBnB with a local into footy - even made a trip to Anfield, so is quite knowledge. Just north of the stadium in Birsfelden. 

Would love to meet up with any fellow Rawkites- I'll be checking on here as I can. I'm expecting Trev and Crosby to give some bar location updates at the least! ;D

I'll even buy you a beer or more if you are cool. ;) Ie I need to make some friends...haha. Not for 500 of you though! :P

Let me know and looking forward to meeting anyone who's up for it!

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #1354 on: May 16, 2016, 02:51:07 pm »
Does anyone know whether the match ticket gives us free transport between cities? Or is it just within Basel?
Cheers.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1355 on: May 16, 2016, 03:00:54 pm »
Does anyone know whether the match ticket gives us free transport between cities? Or is it just within Basel?
Cheers.

It gives you free transport in two zones. Pretty sure its zones 11 & 14

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #1356 on: May 16, 2016, 03:03:12 pm »
Cant F***** wait!

Last time in 2014 we had a great time in Basel...One of the best Euro aways. Im wondering it those Basel knobs will turn up again!? This time I guess not due to our sheer numbers. Paddy Reillys for me tomorrow night and a good Indian!

I hope you balance many Guinness' on that head of yours
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #1357 on: May 16, 2016, 03:09:26 pm »
We're the other way around. Land in Geneva at 9:30am and booked a midday train just in case we're delayed getting there. Could be ready to get on the 10:30am or 11am one though.

did you buy supersavers or indivual tickets? individual tickets mean you can take any train with the same via eg BERN

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1358 on: May 16, 2016, 03:10:10 pm »
Buzzing already. Finish work at 1am on the Wednesday morning, picked up at 4am and on my flight at 6am. Scared of planes so I'll be 2-3 beers in already before that flight takes off ;D

Looking forward to meeting loads of people out there.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #1359 on: May 16, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
I think this is the campsite i put on?
If so heres the link http://www.camping-kaiseraugst.ch/en/ its worth reserving a pitch as a back up,if you email Lynne the American lady she will reserve you a spot and you dont have to pay until arrival.Theres a train for £4 from the airport that drops you a few hundred metres from the site and its only a 15min tram ride to the stadium.Last tram back after the match is 12.20am and they start again about 04.30 if the party goes on.Im going with my son,weve got a two man tent,airbeds and sleeping bags in a carry on size cabin bag and were using the other for clothes.Also taking a small stove to save on the extortianate food prices.Theres a Coop and LIDL as well as a Maccy Ds within walking distance as well!Filling a back pack with beers to take to the square pre match,should work out relativelly cheap overall.

Were all sorted for this now. Arrive Wednesday about 1pm!
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.