Author Topic: Europa Final  (Read 175494 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
Re: Europa Final
« Reply #1480 on: May 17, 2016, 03:44:13 pm »
Theres trains from Dijon to Basle. Done it many times.

Paris Dijon Basle.

Not letting me cut and paste on my phone.

Trains from Paris to Dijon are frequent . Cant think of the name of the station but its in the South of Paris.  Montapeanasse or something. Also trains from Stalingrad I think that head south.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:55:15 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #1481 on: May 17, 2016, 03:49:58 pm »
Theres trains from Dijon to Basle. Dont it many times.

Paris Dijon Basle.

Might not count as a "similar train journey " that though mate , as it's a different route . Might be worth a shot though.

If he has a TGV train , according to the SNCF page link above he can travel on any similar train at no extra cost but no guarantee of a seat reservation.

There's plenty of Paris Est - Mulhouse trains still running (some with a change in Strasbourg) .
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1482 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:49 pm »
Might not count as a "similar train journey " that though mate , as it's a different route . Might be worth a shot though.

If he has a TGV train , according to the SNCF page link above he can travel on any similar train at no extra cost but no guarantee of a seat reservation.

There's plenty of Paris Est - Mulhouse trains still running (some with a change in Strasbourg) .

If I was in there Sambas I would just go the station and jump on the next train to Dijon. Free to. Once boarded on a French train they legally have to accept your passport as payment. Theres ya ale money sorted.

I do mad things though. Each to their own.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: May 17, 2016, 04:03:06 pm »
If I was in there Sambas I would just go the station and jump on the next train to Dijon. Free to. Once boarded on a French train they legally have to accept your passport as payment. Theres ya ale money sorted.

I do mad things though. Each to their own.

;D

Maybe not the best idea when you're already stressing about getting there , and getting there on time though mate .

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »
;D

Maybe not the best idea when you're already stressing about getting there , and getting there on time though mate .

True.

But my visits to Switzerland involved a lass with a nice pair and a tongue like a Swiss cow.

Equally as important. Ya get me ?

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: May 17, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »
Where's everyone drinking in Mulhouse tonight?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1486 on: May 17, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »
Theres trains from Dijon to Basle. Done it many times.

Paris Dijon Basle.

Trains from Paris to Dijon are frequent . Cant think of the name of the station but its in the South of Paris.  Montapeanasse or something. Also trains from Stalingrad I think that head south.

I`ve done this too. From Gare de Lyon to Dijon. Very fast! Regular connections to Switzerland.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1487 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:33 pm »
True.

But my visits to Switzerland involved a lass with a nice pair and a tongue like a Swiss cow.

Equally as important. Ya get me ?

;D

Haha , those French / Swiss girls .... ;)

Really wish I was going now !  ;D

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1488 on: May 17, 2016, 04:17:48 pm »
I`ve done this too. From Gare de Lyon to Dijon. Very fast! Regular connections to Switzerland.

Yep. Gare de Lyon. What kind of tourist guide am I ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1489 on: May 17, 2016, 04:20:30 pm »
Haha , those French / Swiss girls .... ;)

Really wish I was going now !  ;D

Ive spent the best part of five years on and off out in France

Free train rides , festivals and the girls played a part. I aint kidding ya know. French lasses especially are not shy. Ya get me ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: May 17, 2016, 04:21:18 pm »

Looks like that line to Dijon , and onwards to Basel , is pretty fucked because of the strike though.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: May 17, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »
Ive spent the best part of five years on and off out in France

Free train rides , festivals and the girls played a part. I aint kidding ya know. French lasses especially are not shy. Ya get me ?

Haha . French ex  and quite a few dalliances since mate . Elles sont pas timide non ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1492 on: May 17, 2016, 04:23:33 pm »
On the way to Heathrow. Work done. A bite to eat and a beer (or two) at Terminal 5 then off to Basel. See some of you there tomorrow.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: May 17, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »
Have fun you lucky bastards and safe journey to all !! Come on you Redmen !!  :scarf

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1494 on: May 17, 2016, 04:48:55 pm »
Wonderful day here in Geneva . Flight here was marred with some drama involving a ever more common phenomena of passengers trying to steal from bags during night flights while most are fast asleep, luckily this idiot was stopped from stealing anything. Rawkites beware start using padlocks on your hand luggage especially on long haul flights.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1495 on: May 17, 2016, 04:50:06 pm »
Wonderful day here in Geneva . Flight here was marred with some drama involving a ever more common phenomena of passengers trying to steal from bags during night flights while most are fast asleep, luckily this idiot was stopped from stealing anything. Rawkites beware start using padlocks on your hand luggage especially on long haul flights.

WTF? Is this a thing now? What happened to the guy?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: May 17, 2016, 05:04:07 pm »

Never heard of that before. It's not like they can nip out the back door with the proceeds.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: May 17, 2016, 05:07:56 pm »
Never heard of that before. It's not like they can nip out the back door with the proceeds.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: May 17, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1499 on: May 17, 2016, 05:15:35 pm »
Sitting on a train station in Zagreb and waitingbfor a train to Zurich.  Did I mention that I'm buzzing? ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #1500 on: May 17, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
Anyone out in Stuttgart? Having a few beers not seen many reds

Offline UsuallyDisgruntled

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1501 on: May 17, 2016, 05:31:37 pm »
Anyone know where people are drinking in Mulhouse tonight?

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1502 on: May 17, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »

I work in the industry mate and it happens a lot more than you think on long haul night flights.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:10 pm »
Anyone know where people are drinking in Mulhouse tonight?

We're in the square by the big church, it's a good laugh

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1504 on: May 17, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »
WTF? Is this a thing now? What happened to the guy?

Nothing as he had gone throgh a bag with bugger all but normally they would alert the authorities and have them waiting upon arrival, often though it goes unnoticed and cabin crew on major carriers are going through specific trainings now and being told to be more vigilant.

Edit: spoke to a member of the Turkish airlines team and he said they were even considering having plain clothes staff on specific routes as the problem is getting quite hard to police.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:45:55 pm by Euskadi »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1505 on: May 17, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »
I work in the industry mate and it happens a lot more than you think on long haul night flights.

That's worth knowing.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1506 on: May 17, 2016, 05:56:35 pm »

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1507 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:29 pm »
Anyone out in Stuttgart? Having a few beers not seen many reds

Biddy earlys mate has the match on after something go to watch bevvies 3.50€ not bad

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1508 on: May 17, 2016, 06:04:37 pm »
Nothing as he had gone throgh a bag with bugger all but normally they would alert the authorities and have them waiting upon arrival, often though it goes unnoticed and cabin crew on major carriers are going through specific trainings now and being told to be more vigilant.

Edit: spoke to a member of the Turkish airlines team and he said they were even considering having plain clothes staff on specific routes as the problem is getting quite hard to police.

Heh interesting to know mate, it's never occurred to me that someone would do that.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1509 on: May 17, 2016, 06:16:26 pm »
On the 18.35 BA LHR to Basel. Seems to be a lot of redmen and women on the flight. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1510 on: May 17, 2016, 06:17:41 pm »
France - Belgium - Luxembourg - Germany - France and finally arrived in Strasbourg! Good laugh on the drive but one eye on return trip!! Let's hope it's with the trophy eh!!!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:07 pm »
I'd consider myself quite aware of some scams and tricks but honestly never gave that a moments thought about that but now you say it - it's really obvious. High risk though and the tickets are not cheap so can't imagine it's amazingly common place. The sad thing is if someone sees it they might try and detain the person and then end up in as much or more trouble these days than the dickhead causing it in the first place.

Anyway. Packing my stuff for Basel!

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #1512 on: May 17, 2016, 06:19:38 pm »
Bevvies and tunes on the M40 on our bus now.

Should be in Basel by sunrise 😎
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: May 17, 2016, 06:22:15 pm »
finally been hit by the realisation I'm not going today. Hope everyone going has a boss time!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1514 on: May 17, 2016, 07:00:51 pm »
Anyone there already what's the weather like? Travelling light for this one!!
Bit late for this....sorry Airbnb has no wifi...but very nice at the moment. About 20, although apparently supposed to drop for tomorrow. Excellent footy ground right near the stadium if anyone down for a light kickaround tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Be in town tonight and on the lookout for anyone. Let me know. Beers on me! With a limit.  ;)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1515 on: May 17, 2016, 07:01:59 pm »
On the 18.35 BA LHR to Basel. Seems to be a lot of redmen and women on the flight. 

Any RAWKites? Shout "my missus is stuck in a catflap as loud as you can" and see how many knowing looks you get.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1516 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:20 pm »
Haha . French ex  and quite a few dalliances since mate . Elles sont pas timide non ;)

Your French is better than mine .

But yes. I bet she wasnt shy.  Mange tout Rodney Mange tout.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1517 on: May 17, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »
Theres also blah blah car.

Its a lift share thing and you pay half the petrol.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1518 on: May 17, 2016, 07:06:25 pm »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #1519 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:57 pm »
Just landed in Zurich on route to hotel. Anyone out and about in Zurich tonight?