Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 584521 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #4280 on: May 5, 2023, 12:22:34 pm »
He was from Doncaster wasn’t he?

Promise I didn’t Google it!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4281 on: May 5, 2023, 12:23:50 pm »
He was from Doncaster wasn’t he?

Promise I didn’t Google it!

Doncaster, Durham it all sounds the same down South.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4282 on: May 5, 2023, 04:23:25 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4283 on: May 5, 2023, 07:22:09 pm »
He's been a legend for us.

Question for Yorkykopite and other White Rose county folk: Where does Milly rank in terms of Yorkshiremen to pull on a red jersey? Just behind Keegan, maybe?
Donny lad Keegan is number 1.

Milly is second.

Not sure of any other Yorkshireman playing for Libpool?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #4284 on: May 5, 2023, 09:04:44 pm »
Nicky Barmby?

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4285 on: May 6, 2023, 09:19:51 am »
If he does leave, the 7, 8, 9 & 10 shirts will be available. Can't ever remember that happening

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4286 on: May 6, 2023, 09:22:15 am »
If he does leave, the 7, 8, 9 & 10 shirts will be available. Can't ever remember that happening

But if he does leave, all those shirts'll need ironing

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4287 on: May 6, 2023, 09:45:58 am »

Gakpo could have all of them.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #4288 on: May 6, 2023, 11:26:13 am »
Donny lad Keegan is number 1.

Milly is second.

Not sure of any other Yorkshireman playing for Libpool?

Keith Burkinshaw!!!  :o
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4289 on: May 6, 2023, 11:34:19 am »
Neil Mellor.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #4290 on: May 6, 2023, 01:01:29 pm »
Be a big loss to our squad but can't really blame him for going Brighton more game time guaranteed with them getting into Europe!

Been absolutely superb for us and deservedly won the lot! 💪🙌🏆
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4291 on: May 6, 2023, 01:05:27 pm »
Be a big loss to our squad but can't really blame him for going Brighton more game time guaranteed with them getting into Europe!

Been absolutely superb for us and deservedly won the lot! 💪🙌🏆

Milner's extensive experience in Europe would be a huge boon for them next season, although you suspect he'll want to be getting a lot of PL games for the appearance record.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: May 6, 2023, 09:26:14 pm »
Criminal his name never gets sung. Tried a few times to get it going to no avail.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: May 6, 2023, 09:29:17 pm »
Criminal his name never gets sung. Tried a few times to get it going to no avail.

Hope at the final home game. The "what a waste of money" chant will be used at him like we did with Gary McAllister at his final game.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4294 on: May 6, 2023, 11:00:23 pm »
Hope at the final home game. The "what a waste of money" chant will be used at him like we did with Gary McAllister at his final game.

Against Ipswich! Turned out to be Amelia’s last game as well…what a mistake that was.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: May 6, 2023, 11:04:44 pm »
Against Ipswich! Turned out to be Amelia’s last game as well…what a mistake that was.

Ex girlfriend?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4296 on: May 6, 2023, 11:30:13 pm »
Ex girlfriend?
X-rated girlfriend if she was from Ipswich
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4297 on: May 6, 2023, 11:31:35 pm »
Ex girlfriend?

Haha, oops. Rest of that sentence reads perfectly if she was. :lmao

Anelka. Anelka’s last game.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #4298 on: May 9, 2023, 11:37:00 pm »
Total legend. Let's give him a huge sendoff here and a fond welcome back whenever he comes back.

Good to see that the lactose test winner trophy will have a new name on it now though. Was getting boring, quite frankly.

EDIT: Should of course said LacTATE test. Seeing some of you cream yourselves forced me to post this grovelling admission of error...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:11:48 pm by Kennys from heaven »
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4299 on: May 9, 2023, 11:49:18 pm »
Good to see that the lactose test winner trophy will have a new name on it now though. Was getting boring, quite frankly.

He was certainly milking it every time he won. Bet his teammates were very intolerant of it.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4300 on: May 10, 2023, 12:28:30 am »
Good to see that the lactose test winner trophy
your words lack 'tate' - and I don't men Andeh
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4301 on: May 10, 2023, 05:15:22 am »
Total legend. Let's give him a huge sendoff here and a fond welcome back whenever he comes back.

I read that as La Coste.    Wondered what the hell you meant 😂

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4302 on: May 10, 2023, 03:21:51 pm »
I read that as La Coste.    Wondered what the hell you meant 😂

right same, thought he must be boss at tennis  ;D

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #4303 on: May 10, 2023, 07:02:12 pm »
I have a Milner memory which took place during our 2018-2019 pre-season US tour. This was the game in Michigan where we routed Mourinho's United 4-1. Liverpool were awarded a penalty kick in the first half with the game still goalless. Mane & Salah both argued over who would take it. From my angle, it appeared that Milner (who was captain) intervened and asked Mane to take it. Mane duly dispatched it, and then instead of celebrating the goal with Mane, Milner's first action was to go and talk to Salah. Here are the pictures I took from the stand that day of that incident.

Milner intervening between Mane & Salah: https://www.flickr.com/photos/faisalzaman/43011814794/
Mane dispatching away the penalty: https://www.flickr.com/photos/faisalzaman/29857247928/
Milner following up with Salah after the kick: https://www.flickr.com/photos/faisalzaman/41919160810/

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #4304 on: May 11, 2023, 01:48:32 pm »
right same, thought he must be boss at tennis  ;D
:lmao :lmao
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #4305 on: May 16, 2023, 03:35:38 pm »
Im not a local fan so I have no influence in this but I hope to fuck that - with people celebrating Firmino yesterday and most likely on saturday - they dont forget about this man. hes been phenomenal for us and a huge part of the success of the klopp era. Dont know what people can sing for him though because I dont think there was ever any chant for him... Hes the literal unsung hero of this team.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 03:38:27 pm by Larse »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4306 on: May 16, 2023, 03:38:53 pm »
Im not a local fan so I have no influence in this but I hope to fuck that - with people celebrating Firmino yesterday and most likely on saturday - they dont forget about this man. hes been phenomenal for us and a huge part of the success of the klopp era. Dont know what people can sing for him because I never remember any chant for him... Hes the literal unsung hero of this team.
Couldn't agree more.  Hit me last night seeing him coming on, we are losing a legend. 

Brighton can borrow him for a year but then we'd like him back, please.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4307 on: May 16, 2023, 03:40:40 pm »
Klopp said in his post match presser that all the lads who will be leaving will be thanked and celebrated

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4308 on: May 17, 2023, 02:44:25 am »
What a signing he's been.  An absolute legend on and off the pitch by all accounts.  I wish him well. 

Some big characters leaving the squad this season.  Huge shoes to fill. 

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4309 on: May 17, 2023, 06:19:27 am »
Yes, I hope James also gets a great send off from the crowd as well, he has certainly been an important character and player over his time here. The way Klopp speaks about him tells you everything you need to know about him, as a person.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #4310 on: May 17, 2023, 09:17:06 am »
Mad to think he spent more time at LFC than any other club, considering the fact he joined us at 29, and 330 appearances later he will leave.
Absolute ledge!
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4311 on: May 17, 2023, 09:33:10 am »
The journeyman utility player who found his home with us. My one regret is that we didn't sign him 20 years ago. ;D

Actually, I have another regret. We'll never see him playing for Liverpool Legends, as whichever club he is currently playing for won't want to risk him!  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4312 on: May 17, 2023, 10:12:31 am »
He needs 36 more appearances to break Gareth Barry's Premier League record. Two more outings as sub for us, I guess, and then can he manage 34 next season? Or will he go for another season beyond that and completely smash the record?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: May 17, 2023, 11:39:50 am »
He needs 36 more appearances to break Gareth Barry's Premier League record. Two more outings as sub for us, I guess, and then can he manage 34 next season? Or will he go for another season beyond that and completely smash the record?

He might need the 2 seasons. If Brighton are in Europe they'll want his experience in that and you have to manage his minutes.

Would need to stay fit as well all season.

Deserves a huge send off on Saturday

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #4314 on: May 17, 2023, 01:18:03 pm »
The journeyman utility player who found his home with us. My one regret is that we didn't sign him 20 years ago. ;D

Actually, I have another regret. We'll never see him playing for Liverpool Legends, as whichever club he is currently playing for won't want to risk him!  8)

Except he'll probably play until he is 54
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4315 on: May 17, 2023, 01:35:44 pm »

he'll get special permission from his club to play alongside Harvey and Baj in a future Legends game.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: May 17, 2023, 03:55:37 pm »
Mad to think he spent more time at LFC than any other club, considering the fact he joined us at 29, and 330 appearances later he will leave.
Absolute ledge!

I do worry about him falling off a cliff. Good point.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4317 on: May 17, 2023, 04:17:08 pm »
Absolute ledge!
So far, yes.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4318 on: May 17, 2023, 06:06:46 pm »
Now confirmed on official, guess he still wants to rack up the appearances while his body is still going. Would've loved for him to stay even if he cant quite do it for us every week.

Shame he isn't joining the coaching team, we'll miss him from the leadership group.

What a legend!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: May 17, 2023, 06:08:56 pm »
With Milly leaving our average squad age drops by 10 years.  ;D