Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 586048 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: James Milner - The man who's involved in lots of the goal things
« Reply #560 on: October 3, 2016, 08:26:12 am »
This lads experience is crucial, he's got a premier league medal, he’s a top pro as well great example to our young squad, made up we have him and on a free one of the best transfers in recent years.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #561 on: October 3, 2016, 10:47:48 am »
Stevie is the best pen taken we've ever had. Immense in high profile pressurised situations.

He might be the best player we've ever had but he wasn't the best penalty taker we've ever had. He was a machine in 13/14 but overall missed too many to be considered that.

Jimmy is next level, tellin' ya.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #562 on: October 3, 2016, 11:01:00 am »
His last 2 penalties against Hull were low and to the right.  His last one at the Kopp end was nearly saved by Marshall.

Knowing that Fabiański would have watched the tape of his penalties from the week before, he keeps his nerve and
goes sweetly down the middle.

Great football brain has Milly.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #563 on: October 3, 2016, 11:18:59 am »
Such a great photo. Surely "Are you not entertained?" has been mentioned in connection with it? He's the very model of a gladiator in all respects. In an era of endless pizazz and shallow moneygrubbers, he seems like a real working class hero. No nonsense, no celebrity, but incredibly good at his job, whatever is asked of him. He deserves a lot of respect.
Great idea mate.
That's a gladiator-ish pose, complete with box-office jawline.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: October 3, 2016, 11:46:37 am »
He is a machine, I think it's been a constant in his career, and I remember Kloppo commentating late last season on how he is in training, that it doesn't matter the circumstance, he'd be ready to go again next day. He's just the perfect professional in how he takes care of himself and works hard.

Some quotes from the Echo today, seems Milner thinks Kloppo is pretty unique  :D :

And despite having previously worked with the likes of Fabio Capello, Sven Goran-Eriksson and Manuel Pellegrini, the 30-year-old admits Klopp is unique.

“Every manager is different, they have their strengths and weaknesses,” said Milner, whose penalty capped a Liverpool fightback in their 2-1 win at Swansea on Saturday.

“But Jurgen is a top manager. Definitely up there with one of the best I’ve worked with.

“His organisation, his passion. The sessions he does are different to anything else I’ve ever experienced.

“It can only be a good thing. You see his enthusiasm when he’s bouncing on the touchline. The only thing you might say is ‘sometimes is he too emotional at times?’

only Boring James would say that hahaha
« Last Edit: October 3, 2016, 11:48:25 am by newterp »

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #565 on: October 3, 2016, 12:12:03 pm »
His last 2 penalties against Hull were low and to the right.  His last one at the Kopp end was nearly saved by Marshall.

Knowing that Fabiański would have watched the tape of his penalties from the week before, he keeps his nerve and
goes sweetly down the middle.

Great football brain has Milly.

One thing that surprised me was that even though Milner favours going to the keeper's left, he still would have scored because the keeper dived to his right.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: October 6, 2016, 03:37:48 pm »

Oh my god, what a picture. James on his 17th birthday...

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #567 on: October 6, 2016, 03:40:20 pm »

Looks like Venners wants to help with blowing out the candles.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: October 6, 2016, 04:35:52 pm »

I can't help but think of what that fake Milner twitter account would say on this ;D.

"Today was my 17th birthday. The cake was tasty, I think it was vanilla. The gaffer blew the candles out before I could get a chance. It's a shame but there's always next year."

Offline BritishGas

• loved Heinz Baked Beans
  • Main Stander
« Reply #569 on: October 6, 2016, 04:37:31 pm »
I can't help but think of that fake Milner twitter account  ;D.

"Today was my 17th birthday. The cake was tasty, I think it was vanilla. The gaffer blew the candles out before I could get a chance. It's a shame but there's always next year."

@BoringJamesMilner is hands down the most amusing Twitter account simply because it was started by a City staffer who was quoting actual James Milner anecdotes.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2016, 09:59:47 pm »
Another very good outing for James. That pass to Coutinho for Can's chance in the second half in particular was superb.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2016, 10:12:41 pm »
Couldn't get to the game tonight, got a new born on my hands. But for me and rather suprisingly Robbie Savage he summed up Milners all round game so simply but could not have said it any better.
H e was referring to him playing left back, but he mentioned something along the lines of his all round general play being excellent.   That in itself can somehow become the hardest thing in the world for footballers, ie do the basics well and build on that. His crossing is very good, his tackling is intelligent and firm when needed. He can pass, score battles all day long and his reading of the  game is outstanding.
It has probably become more prominent and noticeable as he is playing in defence , but he made some vital interceptions tonight, and he makes them as high up the pitch or as early as possible.
His ability to snuff out is exceptional.   This is a proper footballer, committed, passionate, loyal and honest. Well Done lad, you really are doing us proud and worth every penny of your wages.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2016, 10:18:49 pm »
Such a great pro. Play him anywhere, he'll give you a performance. Another no nonsense get the job done game. Crucial member of the squad.

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2016, 01:23:37 am »
Hope his enjoying his LB roll and can make it his for the near future... He is doing a really good job, and all the pant shitting in the summer about needing to buy a new LB has been forgotten because of Millys great performances there

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2016, 01:53:33 am »
Milner is a damn good left back. But after this season, when we buy a good true left back, he would be an awesome, awesome backup anywhere! Left side, right side, defender, midfielder, you name it.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #575 on: October 23, 2016, 02:30:20 am »
Milner is a damn good left back. But after this season, when we buy a good true left back, he would be an awesome, awesome backup anywhere! Left side, right side, defender, midfielder, you name it.

Exactly.  Will be a key backup in all positions.  Only problem is the high wages for somebody that could be on the bench as backup.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: October 23, 2016, 03:19:58 am »
He's the sort of player that will do a job for you wherever you ask him to so I'm not at all surprised by how good he has been at left-back.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: October 23, 2016, 04:01:23 am »

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #578 on: October 23, 2016, 04:56:11 am »
He might be the best player we've ever had but he wasn't the best penalty taker we've ever had. He was a machine in 13/14 but overall missed too many to be considered that.

Jimmy is next level, tellin' ya.

Quite a few he missed were early on his career; the ones he missed late on were nothing penalties. When it mattered, he put them in. He was fucking brilliant at them.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: October 23, 2016, 05:15:31 am »
for a left back he uses his right foot too much

well thats the only thing i could think off that would make him a better left back.

did anyone ever doubt he would be this good at LB? I'm putting my money on him replacing Karius next ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #580 on: October 23, 2016, 05:39:24 am »
He's a proper throwback footballer. He's tough, hard working, psychical for his size and has many great qualities on the ball too. His versatility is his main asset but he's more than just a Jack of all trades.

I can't praise him enough.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #581 on: October 23, 2016, 09:54:20 am »

If we do buy a left back. I think we need to get a tall one. For the sake of set pieces alone. If you look at the top sides in Europe, they generally have one tall full back (who could be part of a back 3 within a game even). Our team lacks a bit of height, at least until Grujic makes it into the 11.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: October 23, 2016, 12:15:37 pm »
That pass to release Mane... that's football.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: October 23, 2016, 12:29:54 pm »
That pass to release Mane... that's football.
The 70 yard first time pass? That was to Coutinho my friend!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #584 on: October 23, 2016, 12:32:31 pm »
Yep, that pass, just a pity it didn't end up with a goal.

Outstanding professional. A credit to the club and himself.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2016, 12:34:17 pm »
The 70 yard first time pass? That was to Coutinho my friend!

Oh, sorry.
For some reason thought it was Mane (Mane being often first ahead, ready to be released).

Still, what a play.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2016, 01:10:45 pm »
I watched a little bit of Sunday supplement this morning (I know) but one of them made a good point. Miller was a fantastic cross country runner at school which will probably extend his career more than most because of his sheer stamina.

A wonderful example to so many players. You get the impression that Shanks and Bob would have loved him and he could play in any era.

Think he is brilliant and along with Henderson they are the example of what attitude is needed.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2016, 01:12:09 pm »
*edit Milner* damned autocorrect!
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2016, 01:21:54 pm »
for a left back he uses his right foot too much

well thats the only thing i could think off that would make him a better left back.

did anyone ever doubt he would be this good at LB? I'm putting my money on him replacing Karius next ;D
But it's exactly because he is right footed, he can make lots of quick diagonal vertical passes from our defensive half and from the left sided midfield which opens up the field and makes a quick transition.

Many left back would dream to have his right foot with that range of passing.

Offline Chakri

• Main Stander
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2016, 03:39:50 pm »
Another very good outing for James. That pass to Coutinho for Can's chance in the second half in particular was superb.
and this one

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #590 on: October 25, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »
Have followed Milner's career with delight. I love when he gets fouled, he just gets up, dusts himself off and then gets on again.  No bitching, no moaning, no attempts to play the referee. I've seen him maybe bitch once or twice, but they were huge fouls!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: October 25, 2016, 04:37:09 pm »
He's one of those players you don't fully appreciate until he's playing in your team.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #592 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:20 pm »
Just a silly question maybe but does anybody know if Jimmy Milner was a Liverpool supporter as a kid? He joined us from City even though he had a significantly better financial offer from City to stay with them. It might be bollocks but maybe he's fulfilling a childhood dream by playing for us?
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2016, 05:01:23 pm »
Just a silly question maybe but does anybody know if Jimmy Milner was a Liverpool supporter as a kid? He joined us from City even though he had a significantly better financial offer from City to stay with them. It might be bollocks but maybe he's fulfilling a childhood dream by playing for us?

Wikipedia says he was always as a Leeds supporter.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #594 on: October 25, 2016, 05:25:36 pm »

Was, and probably still is, Leeds through and through.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2016, 05:53:15 pm »
Love him. Easily one of my favourite players for the effort he puts in and his consistent, all round ability.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2016, 06:42:10 pm »
Should get a Milner chant going to the tune of Marching on Together ;D

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: October 25, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
Is it me or is his left foot improving very quickly?

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #598 on: October 26, 2016, 02:46:08 am »
Is it me or is his left foot improving very quickly?
That sounded similar to "Wow, I never knew Lallana was this good".
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: October 26, 2016, 04:07:57 am »
That sounded similar to "Wow, I never knew Lallana was this good".
Well in his first game he wasn't using his left foot. Recently he has done so a lot more. If there's a criticism to be made of Milner as left back it's his weak left foot. But I think he is adjusting and the passes/crosses are sometimes coming off...