Author Topic: Liverpool 4 vs Dortmund 3 (5-4 agg) (Mkht, Aubng, Origi, Reus, Cout, Sakho, Lov)  (Read 174010 times)

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Who on here once said after a victory that they walked out into the garden, said "very well" then walked back indoors?  :)

Always gave me a chuckle that one.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Ha! :D

Did the exact same thing. Stood up, walked out, fingers deep in my ears...

Took the dogs outside for a piss before they even kicked off again. Knew in my heart Dortmund would attack in some insane manner and probably  fashion a 50-50 chance and was wise enough to understand that I could not bear to watch that unfolding  ;D  Calm little poop and scoop in the back yard, come back inside, celebrations already on, no problem at all. So much easier on the rewind.........
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I've just had a flashback.....

The end of the match, the camera pans to the directors box

Kenny with a tear in his eyes, others in the directors box delirious, hugging and kissing like everyone else....

And then, the camera pans to someone with an utterly bemused look on his face....

It was pretty much this face again

He never did get it, he really didn't...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They did. Theres a fair few pictures about of them taking the photo after the goal. Sakho picked up the phone and took it. There was a prolonged break with the fans by players etc.

Class. I love Sakho  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
What a way to celebrate my birthday yesterday. Cheers lads you did it again, probably better than the 3-2 vs City on my birthday two years ago.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
Did nothing at work today still feeling the buzz from last night.

Simply amazing.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
BT Sport post match analysis, including Klopps interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZtAUMGDIq8
#Sausages

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
One thing that cannot be lost amongst the madness was that 3 of our 4 goals were incredibly well crafted. They were not long punts or spectacular moments out of nothing, but very well worked team goals.

Our first goal was one of the best we've scored in ages, it was fantastic.

It will be forever forgotten in the madness that was last night.
:D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
One thing that cannot be lost amongst the madness was that 3 of our 4 goals were incredibly well crafted. They were not long punts or spectacular moments out of nothing, but very well worked team goals.

And the other from a shit corner.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That fucking free kick from Gundogan ... my heart ...
I was watching the game alone at home but I distinctly remember saying to myself out loud "Oh god no! Please god NO!"

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've just had a flashback.....

The end of the match, the camera pans to the directors box

Kenny with a tear in his eyes, others in the directors box delirious, hugging and kissing like everyone else....

And then, the camera pans to someone with an utterly bemused look on his face....

It was pretty much this face again

He never did get it, he really didn't...
I saw that and was thinking how sad it was in a way. I actually felt sorry for him. He was manager of this great club, and yet he knew he couldn't sing YNWA. At least a part of him was probably caught up in the moment, and probably wanted to celebrate a bit too. After all, a few of those English players of his were partaking of a magical moment in history.

"You reap what you sow" I guess.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/TwitterUK/status/721004183223156736

Liverpool's amazing comeback broke 2016 Twitter records, with a peak of 56K Tweets Per Min!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Thing is, the next team to be ahead of us and looking comfortable are going to be shitting themselves because we are becoming well known for this now.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Still can't comprehend what really happened last night. Never been to a game like that before in my life, but always dreamed I would be there for one of those special Anfield nights in Europe. Been to many games but nothing like that.

Those Dortmund players now know the power of Anfield.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
You know had only 4 shots on target. With our usual conversation rate we shouldn't have scored any goals nevermind scoring with every shot
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
Thing is, the next team to be ahead of us and looking comfortable are going to be shitting themselves because we are becoming well known for this now.

Exactly, whenever a team gets in front of us, all we need to do is show an intent to attack. It will change the psychology of both teams and shift the narrative of the game to "when will Liverpool equalise?". Its creating that kind of narrative that wins you trophies. Don't underestimate the power of psychology in football. United dominated for years because teams always believed they would overrun them in the end - even when their list wasn't that great.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
haha true dat!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Must have watched the extended highlights four or five times now and I've just watched the whole second half again. I was numb and shaking from the moment Sakho scored and then Lovren sent me mental. There was a few sloppy bits, not sure who out of Sakho and Lovren could be put at fault for a couple of goals, in particular the 3rd one which should have killed us off. Lovren seems to naturally wander out of position going forwards and Sakho seemed to be dropping deeper. I think Sakho was doing it because he was either told to or he naturally did it to try and cut out the space in behind to Aubameyang. And Lovren naturally pushes out. I still think that for the most part they work together extremely well and communicate very well. I assume they speak French with each other and presuambly Migs can speak at least a bit if not fluent French? Must be helping us when they can communicate perfectly in a language they are all fluent in. Although I don't think their English is bad anyway!

Onto Villareal now. Whatever happens from here on in, that night is now permanently in Anfield folklore and will be remembered for years to come. Gutted I couldn't be there as I try and get to all the European games but I'm on the other side of the world right now. Made me even more emotional, I cried at YNWA before the game and I burst into uncontrollable tears at the final whistle.

I fucking love Liverpool Football Club.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Must have watched the extended highlights four or five times now and I've just watched the whole second half again. I was numb and shaking from the moment Sakho scored and then Lovren sent me mental. There was a few sloppy bits, not sure who out of Sakho and Lovren could be put at fault for a couple of goals, in particular the 3rd one which should have killed us off. Lovren seems to naturally wander out of position going forwards and Sakho seemed to be dropping deeper. I think Sakho was doing it because he was either told to or he naturally did it to try and cut out the space in behind to Aubameyang. And Lovren naturally pushes out. I still think that for the most part they work together extremely well and communicate very well. I assume they speak French with each other and presuambly Migs can speak at least a bit if not fluent French? Must be helping us when they can communicate perfectly in a language they are all fluent in. Although I don't think their English is bad anyway!

Onto Villareal now. Whatever happens from here on in, that night is now permanently in Anfield folklore and will be remembered for years to come. Gutted I couldn't be there as I try and get to all the European games but I'm on the other side of the world right now. Made me even more emotional, I cried at YNWA before the game and I burst into uncontrollable tears at the final whistle.

I fucking love Liverpool Football Club.

4 or 5? try 15-20.  I can't wrap my head around what happened.... over 30 hours ago

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
Anyone have a video?

No offence meant,  theres just something about this request that seems so so so wrong.

Maybe its just me?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:37:16 am by pascoli »
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
I've watched the highlights and goals in 5 different languages.  ;D

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
Remember last night when the future debates about whether or not we should be in the Europa League surface. Incredible. Liverpool FC exists for occasions like those.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
We're all hungover from the emotion from the match, we got Bournamouth on Sunday and the bitters in mid-week. I imagine the lads are exhausted and we have injuries in the middle of the park. Do we rotate, and who or do we put in effort until the league is finished to finish as high as possible?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
when do I start calming down about this
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
My first ever game at Anfield was a 3-3 against the Mancs when Gordon Strachan equalised late on....i think it was around 30 years ago.I was a regular 30 game a season supporter back then until i started working in the licensed trade which put a stop to that.For me Anfield has lost a lot of its magic but i have to say that this competition has produced 2 of the best IF NOT THE BEST games ive EVER been to in last nights game and the Man U match.
Ive attended all but one of the Europa league matches this season and they were heavy going at first.Ive taken my 15 year old son every time and weve had a great time.Three weeks ago i went on the Europa League site and entered the ballot for final tickets,not expecting to get any.The ballot ended on the 8th April and we got an email a few days later confirming we had been successfull.I asked my son what he wanted to do if Liverpool didnt make the final and he said he wanted to go regardless for the experience and hes always wanted to visit Switzerland anyway so were making a short break of it.
At 2-0 we were saying we hoped our tickets were in the Dortmund end as we were pretty much resigned to Liverpool going out.Those fans were the best ive ever witnessed at Anfield,we were on row 1 seats 177 & 178 in the main stand last night right in line for the decibels they were pumping out.Watching the match back today they didnt sound that loud but god they were.....they never stopped.Class.
Anyway we all know how the match unwound,at 3-3 i was absolutley sure we would make it and when we scored the third my son had tears rolling down his cheeks which cracked me up as well.
On a side note there were 2 bladdered Welsh lads sat behind us taking the piss out of people round them.Telling an old girl beside them sarcastically to keep waving her flag because she had the BVB fans worried,and pulling an old bloke to his feet when the players came out.They went for a piss at half time and one commented on something kicking off.....i think someone twatted one of them in the toilets at half time or something??
When they sat down they were just slagging all the players off and when i turned round after each goal they just sat there,arms crossed no reaction.Bizzare.They left on about 85 minutes......in a game which was 3-3.Totally deserved to miss the goal
I really feel its our destiny to see the Redmen in the final...it just feels like its meant to be,ive never been to a European away and cant wait.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum

Is right lads, is right ladies.

Get the fuck in there

Get the absolute fuck in there.  :wave
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:53:23 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Remember last night when the future debates about whether or not we should be in the Europa League surface. Incredible. Liverpool FC exists for occasions like those.
A debate for another day surely, but with the Premier League getting more and more competitive, there will be 2 very good teams out of Champions League and "forced" to play Europa League every year. The attitude shouldn't be "Europa League sucks" but rather "Fine, we're in it. And we're going to win the fucking thing because we're the best team in it."

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
We've all said that before, but we've all seen another night like that, and we will see many more. The Jurgenaut is rolling.

Is right mate :)

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
A debate for another day surely, but with the Premier League getting more and more competitive, there will be 2 very good teams out of Champions League and "forced" to play Europa League every year. The attitude shouldn't be "Europa League sucks" but rather "Fine, we're in it. And we're going to win the fucking thing because we're the best team in it."

Absolutely, let's just savour another unbelievable Anfield occasion. But seeing how much it meant to all of us (and everyone else's reaction to it) shows that this competition is important.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
I think I have seen the last goal over 50 times by now :D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
The more I see of our first goal (missed it live due to making a cup of coffee) the more I'm convinced it's one of the all time great European goals, and not just in that competition either. One touch, right through their entire team from back to front. That's such a rare goal against opposition of such a calibre at this level of football.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Every time I watch Gündogan's free kick I feel like I am watching it in real time again rather than a replay. And then I start wilting again.
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
The more I see of our first goal (missed it live due to making a cup of coffee) the more I'm convinced it's one of the all time great European goals, and not just in that competition either. One touch, right through their entire team from back to front. That's such a rare goal against opposition of such a calibre at this level of football.

Absolutely phenomenal goal. And Origi waited at the exact time to shoot, right when their goalie was expecting the shot a second or 2 later. Everything about the goal is just majestic. Origi is going to be class if he continues to finish like that. Superbly well taken goal.
YWNA

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
I think I have seen the last goal over 50 times by now :D
I raise you 60.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That was good wasn't it. First time I've been able to comment on it.

Even first half we didn't play bad, just gave the ball away a couple of times easily and they pounced on us, that gave us a uphill task but it's hard to get too annoyed when there front three has that kind of quality, when they have a ball playing centre half as good as Hummels but we caused them problems the longer the game went on, we adapted and improved the longer it went.

Maybe it wasn't logical like Tuchel said but we never gave in and that in itself is something that Klopp has instilled and makes logical sense, to turn doubters into believers was always logical to him from day one, as he pointed out.

I'm so excited for the rest of the campaign and going forward into next season it's hard not to get giddy when your mind wanders about what he might he able to do.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
So, is that good enough for Mickey Ryan and Marco Polo to join their ex boss in the summer? :)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
So, is that good enough for Mickey Ryan and Marco Polo to join their ex boss in the summer? :)
Marco was damned pissed that he refused to acknowledged Klopp's gesture at the end of the game
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
we have to play ojo,benteke,kent,chivarella etc and save all the big guns for the Europa. Who cares about the league we won't get top 4.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
There was a period after Reus scored their third, I was just sat with the realisation that this was probably the end of the season for us. Barring a remarkable league run, we'd have nothing really to look forward to. I was quite down actually, but at the same time I was pleased with how we were playing and knew the future was bright for us under Klopp. But just not this season.

When Sakho's goal went in, I was celebrating it just like any other goal really, until I saw the scoreboard and realised what could be about to happen. I had to look for a few seconds at the scoreboard for it to sink in. That was one of my favourite moments of the season, just because it was so unique. Just to go from quiet reflection to absolute 'OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT WE'RE GOING TO DO IT'.

Quality game. Still a hell of a task to win it from here but we have something to really look forward to still.