Author Topic: Liverpool 4 vs Dortmund 3 (5-4 agg) (Mkht, Aubng, Origi, Reus, Cout, Sakho, Lov)  (Read 174098 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
That fucking free kick from Gundogan ... my heart ...
Hands over my eyes if I'm honest....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
The mosaic looked a bit weird alright, but I think it was because the numbers 96 were formed by the gaps in the yellow cards, rather than the cards being held up. I was trying to read what the yellow cards were saying, but I was looking at it wrong. I've seen some vids on LFCTV that looks much better. You can see the flame on the left quite clearly too. Given how some English fans act at Anfield, it's a bit harsh to criticize Dortmund for the efforts they made. It was a nice gesture.
The minutes silence was immaculately observed too.

Most of their fans applauded Klopp at the end, but yeah, there was a few knobends at the front giving him stick. Very much in the minority though. The same knobends were giving their players stick at the end too when they went over to applaud them.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/featured-videos#25941
the dortmund fans all held it up during YNWA and then probably didnt realise they were supposed to hold it during the silence instead (the kop did the same until the tannoy announcement)
cyas

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
It's mad when you think we scored 4 goals in the 2nd half. That's hard enough to do against most teams, but to do it against one of the best teams in Europe, scoring 3 of them in a little less than hour an hour to play...Wow! Just WOW!!!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Was anyone else a bit worried about how soon that winner was going to come?

As soon as Sakho equalised I feared a bit, I could see another goal coming almost instantly and then worried about how we would react to that - would we sit back and invite them onto us, or go for another goal - all dodgy scenarios for us. But the timing was perfect.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
But the timing was perfect.

My underwear may have a slight quibble with the definition of perfect there.  90 seconds later without the Gundogan freekick may have been more timely.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I remember thinking as the freekick was lined up that a) it would be missed, it was destiny, or b) it would go in, it was destiny, but still an absolutely brilliant match and a superb fightback.

And either was fine. a) was a little finer.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My underwear may have a slight quibble with the definition of perfect there.  90 seconds later without the Gundogan freekick may have been more timely.

Imagine scoring the 4th on 80/82 minutes! We could have found ourselves in a very vulnerable, strange place. Of course there's more time to get a 5th if needed, but I didn't fancy that much.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I was just fuming with the inevitable Lucas 'foul outside the box' that led to their last second free kick. Got away with that one though so who gives a fuck ;D

Still buzzing. Bring in Villareal. They may have breezed through their tie but you can bet they'll be wary of facing us.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine scoring the 4th on 80/82 minutes! We could have found ourselves in a very vulnerable, strange place. Of course there's more time to get a 5th if needed, but I didn't fancy that much.

Absolutely. I might have actually had a heart failure in that instance.

I was just fuming with the inevitable Lucas 'foul outside the box' that led to their last second free kick. Got away with that one though so who gives a fuck ;D

To be honest I think I was screaming "Just fucking foul him" as they were bearing down on our box. :) Definitely give him a freebie on that one.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
On Lucas, I thought he came in at the right time.  Got straight into the flow of the match and was winning anything in the air in midfield.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
On Lucas, I thought he came in at the right time.  Got straight into the flow of the match and was winning anything in the air in midfield.

Thought he had a great cameo. His first involvement was just getting right into them - three challenges, one after the other.

He might still have a big part to play this season if Can's injury is serious.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

The only mistake there was that the player wasn't fouled a little earlier (further out) in the move. It was absolutely the right thing to do.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
All of you at Anfield last night should stand up and take a bow. Incredible atmosphere. An absolute brilliant game. I thought Can was brilliant. Shame he's hurt now. He was an absolute beast.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:47:40 pm by ColdSteel »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That fucking free kick from Gundogan ... my heart ...
Oh my! Nerve wrecking few seconds. It was pretty close too. (Although I think Mignolet had it covered).
Btw, he should have been fouled much earlier.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Here's Lovren goal with Fox Sports' Latin American commentary (courtesy of Gustavo Cima). He did one hell of a job yesterday, he really did.

Afterwards he claimed on his twitter account that it was probably the best match he's ever worked on. Chills.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The only mistake there was that the player wasn't fouled a little earlier (further out) in the move. It was absolutely the right thing to do.

Yes, should have happened near the centre circle rather than letting it get anywhere near our box.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Yeah it would have been backs to the wall, not sure if we could have coped that long, my liver definitely couldn't have.

One thing I kept thinking from about the 82nd minute until the final goal was if this opposition team were from Spain or Italy for example, we would have had at least half of that time wasted and maybe not had those chances.

Most German teams don't seem to have that brutal time wasting attitude. I mean they made a double sub when Can was injured and the game was stopped at 2-3, I was thinking thanks very much!

Just kept thinking about Atletico the other night and the constant time wasting and play acting, against that and it would have been much more difficult I thought, Dortmund didn't seem to do anything like that. Danke!

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Still buzzing. Bring in Villareal. They may have breezed through their tie but you can bet they'll be wary of facing us.

Pretty sure it wasn't a free kick anyway!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unbelievable result ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One thing I kept thinking from about the 82nd minute until the final goal was if this opposition team were from Spain or Italy for example, we would have had at least half of that time wasted and maybe not had those chances.

Yeah, that's very true.

Though how many of them would have looked to have protected the lead at 2-3 by bringing on a defensive minded player to see the game through?

Whilst we were fabulous in our comeback, this is such an opportunity thrown away by Dortmund.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still can't believe that, not gone so mental over a goal in ages. Lots of Istanbul comparisons but that game and some of the amazing league games in 13/14 were so serious that they were impossible to enjoy, bag of nerves from start to finish! Last night though reminded me of the FA Cup win in Cardiff, for a neutral it must have been stunning to watch and it was a fucking blast to watch for us as well. It was just a barmy, barmy game of football. The funny thing is we had half hour still on the clock when 3-1 down, the game flew by and it was like...christ we've still got loads of time here once Coutinho scored. Dortmund were fantastic going forward but we absolutely rattled them and it became all about us at the end. Unbelievable game!

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, that's very true.

Though how many of them would have looked to have protected the lead at 2-3 by bringing on a defensive minded player to see the game through?

Whilst we were fabulous in our comeback, this is such an opportunity thrown away by Dortmund.

Dortmund did try and protect the lead at 2-3 though, Kagawa was replaced by Ginter but that didn't stop Sakho heading in a few seconds later  ;D

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, that's very true.

It was thrown away but Tuchel I think explained it best as it just wasn't logical and there's almost nothing they could have done when the wind is going so strong in one direction.

That's why if what you mentioned happened and they scored earlier it would have turned instantly and they would have had ten minutes or so to throw everything at us. Different game then and crazy how football works that way, so in that respect the goal came at the perfect time.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
One thing that cannot be lost amongst the madness was that 3 of our 4 goals were incredibly well crafted. They were not long punts or spectacular moments out of nothing, but very well worked team goals.

Yes, and we were creating great chances with well worked football for long periods in the first half as well. Could have been 3-2 up by half time rather than 2-0 down, what a match!
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
Not in terms of the result and the meaning but in some ways it was a harder achievement than Istanbul because of the potential of away goals and the supposed strong character of the opponent

We really had to grind that out last night whereas Milan looked very wobbly even after it went to 1-3
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not in terms of the result and the meaning but in some ways it was a harder achievement than Istanbul because of the potential of away goals and the supposed strong character of the opponent

We really had to grind that out last night whereas Milan looked very wobbly even after it went to 1-3

They didn't have time to look wobbly, we'd banged in the other two before they'd even had time to think  :D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Anyone else get incredibly annoyed by Tuchel's celebrating? Even though it was completely justified, it really wound me up. The fact we have Klopp as our manager makes my logic here hard to understand I admit.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Yes, and we were creating great chances with well worked football for long periods in the first half as well. Could have been 3-2 up by half time rather than 2-0 down, what a match!

That's so refreshing, man. We're starting to attack spaces much more than individual defenders, and our players seem to have a very clear idea of what to do with the ball now. It's a huge improvement over last season and reminiscent of 13/14 and Rafa's best years.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else get incredibly annoyed by Tuchel's celebrating? Even though it was completely justified, it really wound me up. The fact we have Klopp as our manager makes my logic here hard to understand I admit.
Yeah it got to me too, but we had the fucking last laugh dident we..... he aint laughing anymore :)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
HEY JUDE!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!

Not really - what were you expecting him to do?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Did George play Pink Floyd 'Fearless' last night? I heard YNWA but then thought I heard the whistles that are part of the track...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Why would that annoy anyone? His team took a 2-0 lead in a very close encounter that could have gone either way. Of course he going to celebrate.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Here's Lovren goal with Fox Sports' Latin American commentary (courtesy of Gustavo Cima). He did one hell of a job yesterday, he really did.

Afterwards he claimed on his twitter account that it was probably the best match he's ever worked on. Chills.

Magical.

I'm working in the US this week and was trying to follow the game on twitter and here while sitting in meetings. Pure torture. Was desperately trying to maintain a calm demeanour while 'looking up specs' and answering queries from vendors. 'Yes, I'm pretty certain those dimensions are correct. I'll look up an older version just to make sur-****AAGGGGGHHHH SAKHO'S SCORED!!  3-3! JUST ONE MORE NEEDED**** Yes, it's definitely 0.135 inches'. 
Then emailing a reds-supporting colleague the other side of the room and watching her trying to keep calm. 

The last meeting had just ended before Lovren's winner, so we both celebrated and said simultaneously 'Pub'.  Couldn't find a bar that showed it, but met a couple of local Reds supporters last night (we really are everywhere) who watched it and insisted it was as glorious as I imagined.

Got to see highlights when I arrived back pretty drunk in my hotel room. New I had missed out on an epic night, but I know there's going to be many others with mad Jurgen in charge of us.

Football must be awfully dull if you're not a Liverpool supporter.  I pity those poor saps. I mean, they probably have a longer life span than us, but they wont get the joy that we do from being part of this mad tribe of ours.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Not really - what were you expecting him to do?
Like I said, it was a completely illogical reaction on my part given how our manager celebrates. Manager's don't usually bother me at all, but for some reason Tuchel did last night.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Like I said, it was a completely illogical reaction on my part given how our manager celebrates. Manager's don't usually bother me at all, but for some reason Tuchel did last night.

Because you're loyal to Jurgen, and didn't want him shown up by his bargain bin replacement... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Because you're loyal to Jurgen, and didn't want him shown up by his bargain bin replacement... ;)
You joke...but you're probably right!

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
You joke...but you're probably right!

Only joking about Tuchel being bargain bin, never joking about your loyalty to The Jacket... ;D

BOOM!!!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...