Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 321640 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HAPPY ASTON VILLA OFFICIAL RELEGATION DAY EVERYONE!
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:48 pm »

:lmao
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:16:51 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:32 pm »
LOL I wish that was real but it's not.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2016, 10:21:14 pm »
Don't like Birmingham any more than Villa but found this quite funny ;D

https://www.facebook.com/awaydayfootball/videos/1077011879011644/

Surreal.

I remember being at Villa away a few years ago when Birmingham got relegated. Villa's end cheered loduer than when they scored their goal. Hard to imagine then it'd be the other way round 6 years later
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:31 pm »
To think they turned their noses up at Rafa.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2016, 11:14:50 pm »
If Everton ever went down and the screen was scrolling through the table like that, I would probably have a massive cheer and a laugh. If Birmingham can't enjoy that moment, then we're really being selective about the moments in football they are allowed to enjoy.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2016, 11:25:46 pm »
If Everton ever went down and the screen was scrolling through the table like that, I would probably have a massive cheer and a laugh. If Birmingham can't enjoy that moment, then we're really being selective about the moments in football they are allowed to enjoy.

Precisely, if Gundogan had scored with that free last week. Can you imagine the blueshite, mancs and Chelsea fans reactions.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2016, 08:54:42 am »
Precisely, if Gundogan had scored with that free last week. Can you imagine the blueshite, mancs and Chelsea fans reactions.
yep, wasnt a peep out of united fans two years ago until the Gerrard slip then they came out of the woodwork
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2016, 09:54:30 am »
whos going to take him though, doubt he will be on less than £50k a week there so can't see anyone beating down the door to take him off the villas hands

That's why I think Villa may be using the unprofessionalism and suspensions to see if a termination of contract is feasible on grounds of gross misconduct.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2016, 10:40:34 am »
I did the same.
I couldn't login with my previous 'Villa membership'  ;D
So I had to ring their ticket office and ask why not..
The lady looked at my ticket history and asked why I've only watched Villa v. LFC on my Villa membership for the past few years.. hahaha
I just said I was a neutral wanting to enjoy a big match.
She said hmmm and I wasn't allowed to buy a ticket in the Doug Ellis (?) stand..
I wasn't gonna cause any trouble....they had loads of unsold tickets right up to KO......and they were turning away my £30 odd....strange

Exact same thing happened to me, they actually wrote to me cancelling mine. To be fair, I'd seen a few rumbles in the home end with us lot.

The last min Stevie G free kick on the opening day of the season (think it was 07-08), a whole block in the home end was full of us and we obviously cheered that goal to the rafters....got lobbed out of their sharpish. They must have got my seat number and then cancelled it.
JFT97

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2016, 10:44:41 am »
That's why I think Villa may be using the unprofessionalism and suspensions to see if a termination of contract is feasible on grounds of gross misconduct.

Bernstein might have been looking into that as part of his uncompromising recommendations, but let's face it - it is VERY rare for a player to have their contract terminated outside of committing a very serious criminal act - Marlon King, Adam Johnson etc.  Ben Thatcher nearly killed Pedro Mendes on the field and Man City only fucking suspended him, and likely that was only done to try and pre-empt the FA.

Bottom line: being caught partying twice in a season is tenuous grounds at best for bringing the club into disrepute.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2016, 10:52:04 am »
Bernstein might have been looking into that as part of his uncompromising recommendations, but let's face it - it is VERY rare for a player to have their contract terminated outside of committing a very serious criminal act - Marlon King, Adam Johnson etc.  Ben Thatcher nearly killed Pedro Mendes on the field and Man City only fucking suspended him, and likely that was only done to try and pre-empt the FA.

Bottom line: being caught partying twice in a season is tenuous grounds at best for bringing the club into disrepute.

The Ben Thatcher example is something done on the field. And I'm not talking about disrepute - it's about employment contracts. Agbonlahor's contract with Villa has an implicit (and probably explicit) expectation of a professional approach to training and fitness, to ensure he's available for games and capable of playing in them. Clearly he's already been disciplined this season by the club this season and demoted to the U21s/suspended. If as part of the last discussions (his 'warning') he was told of his responsibilities and accepted that, or committed to a specific fitness plan which this can be shown to have broken, he can be deemed in breach of contract.

The real reason it's rare, is that clubs will always look to sell to recoup some money; the examples of sacking therefore being serious criminal offences where there is literally no sale value and the player has blatantly breached his contract (if he's imprisoned, he really isn't available to play). But Agbonlahor is getting pretty close to unsellable and is not very good at hiding his unprofessionalism. It would be a bit of a landmark case, but I think the club have grounds to pursue it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2016, 11:19:56 am »
The Ben Thatcher example is something done on the field. And I'm not talking about disrepute - it's about employment contracts. Agbonlahor's contract with Villa has an implicit (and probably explicit) expectation of a professional approach to training and fitness, to ensure he's available for games and capable of playing in them. Clearly he's already been disciplined this season by the club this season and demoted to the U21s/suspended. If as part of the last discussions (his 'warning') he was told of his responsibilities and accepted that, or committed to a specific fitness plan which this can be shown to have broken, he can be deemed in breach of contract.

The real reason it's rare, is that clubs will always look to sell to recoup some money; the examples of sacking therefore being serious criminal offences where there is literally no sale value and the player has blatantly breached his contract (if he's imprisoned, he really isn't available to play). But Agbonlahor is getting pretty close to unsellable and is not very good at hiding his unprofessionalism. It would be a bit of a landmark case, but I think the club have grounds to pursue it.

I understand what you are saying, but surely on the field behaviour is equally applicable to a player's employment contract?  As you say, a player is expected to offer a professional approach - which means not deliberately trying to put an opposition player in the hospital.

I agree that clubs want to preserve their investment - otherwise Sterling would have been out on his ear for some of his off-field antics with us.  But I feel my point stands: trying to use Agbonlahor's behaviour as a pretext for breech of contract seems tenuous at best. 

As I said - perhaps Bernstein wanted to pursue this avenue but was overruled by somebody believing they might yet get some money for him.  On the other hand there aren't that many people in the club who would have been able to overrule him - which gives some insight into the mess the club is in.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2016, 02:34:14 pm »

i think you might be right.  the club are seriously cutting back,  closing whole sections of stands leaving long-term STH turfed out of their seats, and sacking 500 people.  seeking to terminate a high-cost, low-return contract fits right into that strategy.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2016, 03:02:41 pm »
Ridiculous

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2016, 04:53:54 pm »
BBC reporting that King and Bernstein left because an e-mail exchange between them slating Lerner was given to Lerner and he, in turn, hammered them back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36094976

After joining Villa in March and February respectively, Bernstein and King grew increasingly frustrated at the lack of progress they were able to make.

This came to a head when email communication between the pair, which included criticism of Lerner, was leaked to the US businessman.

Lerner responded with an email of his own that featured a stinging rebuke to Bernstein and King, which they felt left their positions untenable.

A club imploding at an ever increasing rate.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
Great scenes.  Hope they disappear from the footballing horizon.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2016, 11:41:42 pm »
Wonder who leaked the email to lerner?  Gabby perhaps? :P

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:00 am »
jesus this club really is an absolute shambles

they hardly have any decent players and on and off the pitch they are a disaster

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2016, 11:30:33 am »
Just read the Indy article about Agbonlahor so decided to have a look on one of their forums to see what they're saying about the state they're in at the moment.

Found this absolute gem.

Right lets have a look at this what has been said about certain players this season.
Guzan- Kept us up for three seasons him and Benteke just lost his way.
Bacuna- Great wing back most assists and can score.
Cissoko- The best left back we have had since Bouma played in some quality teams.
Okore- Reads the game brilliantly very fast and good with the ball who Chelsea couldn't believe he chose us.
Lescott- Been there done it West Broms player of the season.
Adama- glimpses of world class ability (must have been on FIFA) and from the best club team in the world.
Veretout- Another one who has shown world class ability on occasions and a great passer with some assists.
Gil- Yet another who is just short of world class.
Gana- This player is brilliant but you have to be a football connoisseur to have noticed it.
Ajew-Another player who in the right team would be brilliant.
Gestede- Yeah we all agree on him sorry Rudy or should that be dobbin.
So where did it all go wrong.

No idea how they got relegated with so many players who are nearly world-class.

EDIT: Another one:

The bottom line is Adama has shown flashes of genuine world class ability this season but has sadly been miss-used and overcome by injuries.

:lmao
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:38:12 am by .adam »

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2016, 03:36:03 pm »
That's a level of delusion that would make an Evertonian blush.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »
Found this absolute gem.

No idea how they got relegated with so many players who are nearly world-class.

I think you're missing the humour in that post.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2016, 04:12:19 pm »
I think you're missing the humour in that post.
I think I've seen enough posts on the forum to see that this is just one of many.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2016, 04:27:25 pm »
I think I've seen enough posts on the forum to see that this is just one of many.

You may be right. I thought the 'football connoisseur' line was firmly tongue in cheek, but perhaps not.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2016, 12:08:52 pm »
Birmingham fans taking this to the game today haha

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2016, 01:17:57 pm »
Look at Southampton's second yesterday

Fuck me

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #348 on: May 16, 2016, 01:17:08 pm »
Jack Grealish broke a record today. 16 games. Zero points won.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 16, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »
Jack Grealish broke a record today. 16 games. Zero points won.
He should go get pissed to celebrate
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:57 am »
Telegraph are reporting that Villa are to be sold to a Chinese businessman for £65m with Di Matteo likely to takeover as manager

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:08 am »
Telegraph are reporting that Villa are to be sold to a Chinese businessman for £65m with Di Matteo likely to takeover as manager
While Di Matteo got WBA promoted back in 2009-10 season, he proved to be quite limited since then as a manager.

Pearson would have been a much better choice.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2016, 07:26:42 am »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2016, 09:45:16 am »
First signing talented young midfielder Ho Lee Fuk from Hong Kong?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2016, 10:09:21 am »
Win Wan Soon   ;D 

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2016, 11:24:34 am »
He's back.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2016, 11:26:37 am »
Two Champions League winning managers in the Championship next season? Think that's as many as are in the Premier League!

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »
Hoo Fuk He will fit right in with their squad of household names.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2016, 02:32:30 pm »
The new owner of Aston Villa, "Dr." Tony Xia, is an exposed fraud (link in Chinese)

http://www.xys.org/dajia/xiajt.html
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
Well that link could say anything.  The menu at my takeaway looks something like that.

Waiting 'til they've been relegated isn't a promising first step on the path to global domination, granted.